PDA

View Full Version : Griz land yet another transfer

catbob
May 4th, 2006, 01:19 PM
I know most IA dropdowns come with some sort of bagge, but this guy seems a bit of a stretch.

"He was also suspended along with a teammate, defensive back Durrell Williams, following an alleged assault at a night club in Ames, Iowa, on Jan. 29."

"Coleman and Williams were arrested after a skirmish at Club Element in Ames. In 2003, in a separate case, he was found guilty of interference with official acts causing bodily injury, and for assaulting a police officer in Iowa City."

:eyebrow:

http://missoulian.com/articles/2006/05/04/sports/sports01.txt

dbackjon
May 4th, 2006, 01:43 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Nice addition to the Big Sky

Ronbo
May 4th, 2006, 01:46 PM
If I remember your All American CB of a couple years ago had some major baggage from UW. Coleman was reinstated on the team because he didn't throw a punch. He will be under a microscope at Montana, we have released starters before for getting in trouble. He will be on a one strike and your out policy.

Ronbo
May 4th, 2006, 01:51 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Nice addition to the Big Sky

Well he seems to be a fighter. At least it's not drug addiction, theft, girlfriend abuse, or drug sales. He has gotten in a couple fights the last 3 years. He will be on a short leash.

catbob
May 4th, 2006, 01:53 PM
I find it funny how Griz fans try to rationalize this, but if he was a Cat transfer we would never hear the end of it.

jmuroller
May 4th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Outstanding person. Anything for a win I guess.

Ronbo
May 4th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Outstanding person. Anything for a win I guess.

Yep, pray you don't play us again.http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/images/smilies/smiley_wink.gif

jmuroller
May 4th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Yep, pray you don't play us again.

You'll need more than a RB from Iowa St.

Reed Rothchild
May 4th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Coleman was a third string back at ISU with fumbling issues that lost carries to a walk-on at the end of the season. He had a great opportunity to prove himself last year when the starter was hurt and didn't. He fumbled on the goaline when he tried to stretch out a TD from more than 1yard out. Had he played it smart and just went down, ISU would have scored on the next play and probably would have won the Big 12 North by not losing to BAYLOR.

He is also a liability in pass protection, which is essential in any pass oriented offense.

Maybe if someone could convince him to switch to defense that might change, but so far no one has been able to convince him to switch.
I don't know what the Griz have planned with him though.

He also was involved in a huge legal incident in his hometown of Iowa City during high school when he assaulted several police officers.

MacCarney does not kick guys off the team unless they are a big problem, which this kid is.

VictorG
May 4th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Personally, I don't understand this one. The Griz are pretty set at running back this year. Maybe he'll get playing time next year but IMO it will be hard for him to come in, move up the depth chart and contribute much having missed the Spring practice session. Maybe he'll be a special teams phenom though!

As far as being a problem? I'm all for a second chance and sometimes a change of scenery is all a kid needs for a new start. If he is going to be a problem it will happen very quickly as he won't be able to hide in Missoula. If he's still here come fall practice, I'd say he's changed his ways. But if he's going to be a problem, he won't even make it untill football season.

BlackfootBengal
May 4th, 2006, 05:15 PM
In reading the Griz message board I'm sure this kid will fit right in. The good thing though is the paper in Missoula does not report what the football or basketball team do and the griz fans seem to be able to justify anything as just being boys.

elkmcc
May 4th, 2006, 06:58 PM
I find it funny how Griz fans try to rationalize this, but if he was a Cat transfer we would never hear the end of it.

Hey catbob. Yoohoo! Do I really need to remind you just WHO started this thread? :eyebrow:

In reading the Griz message board I'm sure this kid will fit right in. The good thing though is the paper in Missoula does not report what the football or basketball team do and the griz fans seem to be able to justify anything as just being boys.

Are you kidding me blackfootbengal? Everyone in the friggin universe knows that ISU is most appropriately infamous for its thugs and cheap style of play.

DuckDuckGriz
May 4th, 2006, 07:14 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
LADIES AND GENTLEMAN THIS IS COMING FROM AN IDAHO STATE FAN..........everyone knows the Bungholes are the "thugs of the Big Sky!"

xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

VictorG
May 4th, 2006, 07:17 PM

That's right the paper doesn't report it and the police don't file reports. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Couldn't it just maybe be that someone under a "new name" logged in and started a bunch of cr$p just to get something started. Not the 1st time that happened and won't be the last. Funny thing is the posters who do this ALWAYS have only a few posts in their past history.

I'm not saying that nothing happened and I suspect something might have but apparently it wasn't even big enough for a police report let along becoming news.

alexale23
May 4th, 2006, 08:02 PM
if JMU played Monatana again the samthing would happen. Rascati would run all over your D.

Ronbo
May 4th, 2006, 08:19 PM
if JMU played Monatana again the samthing would happen. Rascati would run all over your D.

Doubt it, JMU couldn't even make the playoffs last year. Our D was all freshmen and sophs in 2004. They are two years bigger and stronger and more experienced. Can't see it.

jmuroller
May 4th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Doubt it, JMU couldn't even make the playoffs last year. Our D was all freshmen and sophs in 2004. They are two years bigger and stronger and more experienced. Can't see it.

Our entire offense was was sophs that year. Both RBs and QB. Your point?

TulsaBobcat
May 4th, 2006, 09:27 PM
If I remember your All American CB of a couple years ago had some major baggage from UW. Coleman was reinstated on the team because he didn't throw a punch. He will be under a microscope at Montana, we have released starters before for getting in trouble. He will be on a one strike and your out policy.

Hey smart guy, what "major" baggage did Thomas have? A greyshirt at UW and not wanting to play safety his freshman season!? Ronbo is wrong once again. Don't let facts get in the way.:rolleyes:

We have had players with problems in their past, but Thomas was not one of them.

Mr. C
May 5th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Reminds me of when the Montana punter celebrated after the semifinal win over Appalachian State in 2000 by getting drunk and crashing his car in someone's front yard that night. Joe Glenn is absolutely one of my favorite coaches, but he let this clown play in the championship game against Georgia Southern.

DuckDuckGriz
May 5th, 2006, 02:52 AM
Reminds me of when the Montana punter celebrated after the semifinal win over Appalachian State in 2000 by getting drunk and crashing his car in someone's front yard that night. Joe Glenn is absolutely one of my favorite coaches, but he let this clown play in the championship game against Georgia Southern.

If we want to mudsling at all of these I-AA schools (especially Delaware/assault in the last few months) who have football players with their fare of trouble we could do it all night. I admit I contributed to this. Let's stay on topic.

catbob
May 5th, 2006, 03:20 AM
Our entire offense was was sophs that year. Both RBs and QB. Your point?

I hate to defend UM, but if you were all sophs that year, how come you didn't make the plyaoffs lastyear?

Ronbo
May 5th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Hey smart guy, what "major" baggage did Thomas have? A greyshirt at UW and not wanting to play safety his freshman season!? Ronbo is wrong once again. Don't let facts get in the way.:rolleyes:

We have had players with problems in their past, but Thomas was not one of them.

My bad. I guess I got confused because he was such a thug on the field.

Hey, this guy Coleman is really not defendable. He is a hot head out at the clubs when he's had a few. But the coaches are willing to take a chance and will have him on a very short leash. If we hadn't given him a chance he would have ended up at MSU, Idaho State, Portland State, or NAU giving us grief. He might be a Joe Rubin type RB. Then again he might not.xcoffeex

Mr. C
May 5th, 2006, 07:50 AM
If we want to mudsling at all of these I-AA schools (especially Delaware/assault in the last few months) who have football players with their fare of trouble we could do it all night. I admit I contributed to this. Let's stay on topic.
The point that was made was that the kid would be out the door as soon as he got in any trouble. I was just pointing out from Montana's history that this hasn't always been the case. No mudslinging intended. The point I think that is being made is that players like this are not the kind of players any team needs in I-AA.

BlackfootBengal
May 5th, 2006, 10:47 AM
What everyone knows is the Idaho State Journal reports everything that an ISU athlete does, good or bad, unlike the paper in Missoula. Hell I thought you were going to give civic awards to those football player who were in the bar fight by the time you guys finished talking about the case.

JALMOND
May 7th, 2006, 02:13 AM
I just like the title of this topic and comparing it to a few months ago the one about Portland State being Transfer U. PSU can get transfers from California and it is the most god-awful event that could ever happen, yet Montana can get "baggage" from anywhere in the US and its the greatest thing since sliced bread? I'll call "homer" on this one...

catbob
May 7th, 2006, 03:07 AM
I just like the title of this topic and comparing it to a few months ago the one about Portland State being Transfer U. PSU can get transfers from California and it is the most god-awful event that could ever happen, yet Montana can get "baggage" from anywhere in the US and its the greatest thing since sliced bread? I'll call "homer" on this one...

Welcome to the hypocrisy that is UM athletics.

Grizo406
May 7th, 2006, 03:11 AM

Yeah, we're absolutely awful.

DuckDuckGriz
May 7th, 2006, 05:37 AM

Since when was this hailed as if the greatest thing since sliced bread? :eyebrow:

Many Montana fans are just as skeptical.

TulsaBobcat
May 7th, 2006, 11:06 AM

So true! Preach it brother. I am so sick of their smugness. Self righteous fools.

Ronbo
May 7th, 2006, 11:13 AM
We might be smug and self righteous but at least we treat visiting fans nicely unlike MSU and their thug fans. They are cutting their own throats with their behavior as many Griz fans say they'll not only never ever attend a game there again they will never spend a dime in the city of Bozeman anytime of the year. The four letter abuse there directed at our fans has been in front small children. The stadium rings of chants of "Eat *****, Grizzlies" and "Fu@k the Griz". Our smug fans won't lower themselves to trailer park behavior. You never hear that stuff at Washington Griz.

youwouldno
May 7th, 2006, 11:28 AM
There's no question Montana brings in too many problem-type transfers. I doubt mediocre players with behavior problems are really what any I-AA team needs, but hey, if UM can't recruit well enough, I guess that's what happens.

Ronbo
May 7th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Name the problem players we brought in? Better yet name one problem player that we brought in that ever got in any trouble in Missoula or was released from our team.

catbob
May 7th, 2006, 01:00 PM
We might be smug and self righteous but at least we treat visiting fans nicely unlike MSU and their thug fans. They are cutting their own throats with their behavior as many Griz fans say they'll not only never ever attend a game there again they will never spend a dime in the city of Bozeman anytime of the year. The four letter abuse there directed at our fans has been in front small children. The stadium rings of chants of "Eat *****, Grizzlies" and "Fu@k the Griz". Our smug fans won't lower themselves to trailer park behavior. You never hear that stuff at Washington Griz.

xcoffeex

: giveadam

Ronbo
May 7th, 2006, 01:04 PM
That might be why no one from Delaware, Northern Iowa, or James Madison would take their week off and come see a game at MSU. But you guys don't give a damn.:nono:

catbob
May 7th, 2006, 01:19 PM
That might be why no one from Delaware, Northern Iowa, or James Madison would take their week off and come see a game at MSU. But you guys don't give a damn.:nono:

Not any Griz fans opinion, anyway, who insults our whole fanbase.

Sawtooth
May 7th, 2006, 01:28 PM
We might be smug and self righteous but at least we treat visiting fans nicely unlike MSU and their thug fans.

So the Griz faithful are actually being nice when they throw potatoes at us and the team...? :eyebrow: :p

TulsaBobcat
May 7th, 2006, 02:13 PM
So the Griz faithful are actually being nice when they throw potatoes at us and the team...? :eyebrow: :p

Griz fans at 2004 Cat/Griz were chanting, "Bobcats suck Grizzly d*ck!" over and over and over. This took place in the south endzone of Washington/Grizzly, Ronbo. Don't forget the student section yelling very loudly and in unison, "***** You MSU". I wasn't offended. That is what happens at college football games, especially rivalries. I actually laughed. The smugness shows through once again. Hear no evil, see no evil.

Keep burying your head in the sand. Ignorant is no way to go through life.

Reed Rothchild
May 7th, 2006, 07:44 PM
UNI players were pelted with cassette-tapes during the 01 playoffs at Wa-Griz and called every derogotory name under the sun. There were also many racial blasts coming from the stands behind the bench.

Delaware fans threw snowballs at UNI players and were also very nasty.

Western Kentucky fans were getting into it with UNI player parents.

Everyone has bad fans, its just that UD and Montana have more fans in general than a lot of other I-AA schools. Its a problem with fans in general, not specific fanbases

slostang
May 7th, 2006, 07:54 PM
The Griz fans before and after a game are the best fans in I-AA. During the game they will give you hell, but before and after they will buy you a beer. If you beat them, they are the first to say that your team was the better team and good luck in the future. I have nothing but praise for Griz fans and wish our fans could be half as passionate.

DuckDuckGriz
May 8th, 2006, 12:15 AM
UNI players were pelted with cassette-tapes during the 01 playoffs at Wa-Griz and called every derogotory name under the sun. There were also many racial blasts coming from the stands behind the bench.

Two sides to every story......:rolleyes: especially this one.

BigDukeDawg
May 8th, 2006, 01:47 AM
The Griz fans before and after a game are the best fans in I-AA. During the game they will give you hell, but before and after they will buy you a beer. If you beat them, they are the first to say that your team was the better team and good luck in the future. I have nothing but praise for Griz fans and wish our fans could be half as passionate.

I dono if theyre the best fans over all in 1AA but they definately are the nicest. I went to Chatt to see the JMU/Montana game and ive never seen/met nicer people. While driving there i had to pass like 20 cars of Montana people and they would just wave.... it almost made me feel like a prick for flickin them off...

mlbowl
May 8th, 2006, 01:13 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: .........apparently you weren't aware that this is a Griz bashing thread;)

CatFan22
May 8th, 2006, 03:34 PM
I dono if theyre the best fans over all in 1AA but they definately are the nicest. I went to Chatt to see the JMU/Montana game and ive never seen/met nicer people. While driving there i had to pass like 20 cars of Montana people and they would just wave.... it almost made me feel like a prick for flickin them off...

You haven't been to a MSU/UM game have you?

elkmcc
May 8th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Montana fans are generally educated about the game, respectful, knowledgeable and fun to be around before and after the game. The games themselves can get rowdy but more often the Griz coaches face more ridicule than opposing players or fans.

My first hand experience in Bozeman is that most people in the community are rude, many are indecent, some are frightening, and a few are dangerous. This was true of the businesses as well as the fans (notice that I never said they were smart). We were treated badly by the all of the service businesses and once at the game we feared for the safety of our women and children. Bobcat fans tend to be uneducated newbies that do not understand football ettiquite or could care less about it.

Further more, don't believe what you read about the Griz from MSU bobcat fans. They feel it is their mission to diss, twist, misconstrue, detract, confuse, or otherwise defraud, in order to bring the Griz into an unfavorable light. For some reason they would rather do all this than spend their time constructively, doing something that would further their own program.

Call it Griz Envy, an inferiority complex or whatever you might. It is obvious, it is tiresome, it is pathetic, childish and BS.

AZGrizFan
May 8th, 2006, 06:57 PM

But catbob, that's cuz he'd fit right in over there in Bozo-man. No difference....:smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi

AZGrizFan
May 8th, 2006, 07:00 PM
So true! Preach it brother. I am so sick of their smugness. Self righteous fools.

Are you sure you aren't just sick of our winning? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: It's hard to be smug when you're a .500 team at best....xlolx xlolx

catbob
May 8th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Montana fans are generally educated about the game, respectful, knowledgeable and fun to be around before and after the game. The games themselves can get rowdy but more often the Griz coaches face more ridicule than opposing players or fans.

My first hand experience in Bozeman is that most people in the community are rude, many are indecent, some are frightening, and a few are dangerous. This was true of the businesses as well as the fans (notice that I never said they were smart). We were treated badly by the all of the service businesses and once at the game we feared for the safety of our women and children. Bobcat fans tend to be uneducated newbies that do not understand football ettiquite or could care less about it.

Further more, don't believe what you read about the Griz from MSU bobcat fans. They feel it is their mission to diss, twist, misconstrue, detract, confuse, or otherwise defraud, in order to bring the Griz into an unfavorable light. For some reason they would rather do all this than spend their time constructively, doing something that would further their own program.

Call it Griz Envy, an inferiority complex or whatever you might. It is obvious, it is tiresome, it is pathetic, childish and BS.

What do you do when your your parents find out you've doing something you shouldn't, and get all whiney and pissy (like you are)? You keep doing it! Keep whining and crying and it makes even funner to be dicks to Griz fans.

By the way, the less Griz fans that show up for Cat/Griz the better, so you crybabies can stay home and watch on your pleather couches and eat baked potato chips. I guess Bozeman just has too much testosterone for you!

And Griz fans sure are educated, they know exactly when to boo their own team.

That was the biggest post through rose-colored glasses I have seen to date elk, congratulations for being the furthest from reality in Grizland.

TulsaBobcat
May 8th, 2006, 09:28 PM

That is the biggest load of crap I have read in my entire life!! :eek: :eek:

P.S. - Hey Mr. Educated, what the hell is ettiquite? Enlighten me. After all, I'm dumb. Shucks.

elkmcc
May 8th, 2006, 09:44 PM
What do you do when your your parents find out you've doing something you shouldn't, and get all whiney and pissy (like you are)? You keep doing it! Keep whining and crying and it makes even funner to be dicks to Griz fans.

By the way, the less Griz fans that show up for Cat/Griz the better, so you crybabies can stay home and watch on your pleather couches and eat baked potato chips. I guess Bozeman just has too much testosterone for you!

And Griz fans sure are educated, they know exactly when to boo their own team.

That was the biggest post through rose-colored glasses I have seen to date elk, congratulations for being the furthest from reality in Grizland.

I realize you are a MSU guy but... I haven't lived with my parents since the mid-1970's. In fact it has been much longer than that since I got my jollies teasing my older sibling. Perhaps your buddies at MacDonalds all still live with mom and dad too and you just assumed everyone does? Sorry to break the news to ya. We all gotta grow up some time. Actually, it is about time that you grew up bob. Thank goodness those bobcat family season tickets are cheap. It would be tough coming up with the real world prices on MacDonalds wages. You can still get in on mom and dad's coattails. It is almost 9:00 pm. Do your parents know that you are using the internet catbob?

catbob
May 8th, 2006, 10:09 PM
I realize you are a MSU guy but... I haven't lived with my parents since the mid-1970's. In fact it has been much longer than that since I got my jollies teasing my older sibling. Perhaps your buddies at MacDonalds all still live with mom and dad too and you just assumed everyone does? Sorry to break the news to ya. We all gotta grow up some time. Actually, it is about time that you grew up bob. Thank goodness those bobcat family season tickets are cheap. It would be tough coming up with the real world prices on MacDonalds wages. You can still get in on mom and dad's coattails. It is almost 9:00 pm. Do your parents know that you are using the internet catbob?

How does it feel to be old enough to be my Dad?

Also, why do I have to grow up? Cuz I like to tease Griz fans? Griz fans have treated me FAR worse than I have them, and I have never retaliated.

CatFan22
May 8th, 2006, 10:15 PM

You sound just like your other post. Tiresome, pathetic, childish, and the load of BS being posted by your drug ingulfed brain from being in Missoula is obvious.
And further more, anyone on here shouldn't believe anything read about the Cats from um griz "fans." Anything posted on the griz message boards by a Cat fan gets torn apart and the person is basically slaughtered over there. Nothing can be said to a griz fan without them trying to shove it down your throat because they are so insecure. Stay away from Missoula for your safety is what I reccommend.
*awaits assault*

CatFan22
May 8th, 2006, 10:16 PM

Also, why do I have to grow up? Cuz I like to tease Griz fans? Griz fans have treated me FAR worse than I have them, and I have never retaliated.

True that.

elkmcc
May 8th, 2006, 10:29 PM

The feeling old enough aspect I am ok with, but the being your Dad part, now that is really frightening. xlolx Never retaliated? I question that. Now everyone knows why I don't eat at MacDonalds in Bozeman.

GrizFoo
May 8th, 2006, 11:47 PM
xidiotx This thread is complete B.S. I guarantee if you look across I-AA at the number of transfers and transfers given a second chance you will find that UM has less than the average number of transfers, and isn't even close to the only team to give a kid a second chance. This Iowa St. kid got charge of assulting a P.O., could have stepped on the guys foot or took a swing at him, who knows. ISU takes him back, then he pushes some kid in a bar, who may or may not have pushed him first. Then his friend, not him, punches the kid. No one would have ever hear of this, but for his "friend" breaking the guy's face.

If MSU would have taken this kid, I probably would have talked some smack, but certainly would'nt act all high and mighty looking down on them as if they were the only team to ever do it.xidiotx

Grizo406
May 9th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Being the Griz fan that I am, I'll say, without reservation, that I respect the ***** out of MSU, their football program, and what Coach Kramer has done with it. They are the team in the BSC that I want to win if it doesn't effect the Griz.

I've got nothing but love for a lot of the the die-hard Bobcat fans that post either on eGriz, BobcatNation, or both...BAC, lifeloyal, briannell, & rtb just to name a few. All of the afore mentioned add way more than I do to whatever board they visit, and post on. Something I'm thankful for in the off season.

This Griz fan isn't trying to shove anything down anyone's throat, and I'm about as far away from being insecure as you can get...despite my brain being "ingulfed" by all things that are Missoula.

If you fear for your safety, as an opposing team fan coming to Missoula, I'd PM slostang, and get his view on what to expect from the crowd at Washington/Grizzly. He's a huge Cal-Poly supporter, and we all know how well the Cats have done against them.