PDA

View Full Version : TTU @ JSU

JaxStateMan
October 27th, 2011, 11:33 PM
This week Tn Tech travels to JSU for homecoming. What are everyone's thoughts on this game.

Personally I think that JSU is still pissed about the game at TTU last season and the Gamecocks are set on going undefeated in the OVC and winning a title. I hope the Gamecocks can pull this one out.

JSU 35 TTU 14

Cocky
October 28th, 2011, 06:11 AM
May crown the OVC champ

Milktruck74
October 28th, 2011, 06:52 AM
My Mocs are undefeated in OVC play too.

TTUEagles
October 28th, 2011, 08:57 AM
My confidence in TTU took a huge hit with the loss to TSU 2 weeks ago. Of course TTU turned the ball over twice in the 1st Q in TSU's red zone and later in the 3rd, 2 TO's in TTU's red zone. TTU still had a legit chance to win it at the end...Some said that the slow start was due to coming off the bye week and of course, TTU had a bye week last week, also (stupid scheduling). TTU's main problem is defensive line - some players I thought were really going to be good, haven't "shown up" to be very good against the run. Good secondary; Fast, but small LB's, and good pash rush - but D-Line and LB's haven't been good against the run. J-State runs the ball well, so this is my main concern. I love TTU's offense, best player in the OVC (IMO) is WR #3, Tim Benford and QB is small but fast and makes great decisions/hard to sack...NFL caliber punter and true frosh. PK has been a pleasant surprise...
That's my take on TTU - I think they can pull it off and in the back of my mind, I hope that the TSU game was their one "egg lay" game of the year. If I had to bet on the game, I'd say JSU will take this one - simply has too much for TTU's defense and "we" can't expect to just out-score everyone.
As for last year, that was one of the gutsiest (sp?) performances I have ever seen by our backup QB who played the game of his career after having the worst luck with health, injuries, family problems, etc. I don't know if I've ever been more proud of a TTU player...

jawbone2jawbone
October 28th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I think it will be a close one but I believe JSU pulls it out. I believe they will have success running the ball on TTU.

Redbirdz
October 28th, 2011, 11:21 AM
JSU 28
TTU 17

JaxSinfonian
October 28th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Gotta watch to see how JSU's secondary responds to the offense we taught Tech to run last year. Those short passes ruined my trip to Cookeville.

I'll assume it goes well for the home team.

38-28 Jax State.

TTUEagles
October 29th, 2011, 01:52 PM
I think you have two high powered offenses going and a TTU defense that has given up a lot of points/yards this year. That means it will probably be a 14-10 game, especially if I think it will be a "shootout." I have no idea how TTU will respond after brewing for two weeks over the upset loss 2 weeks ago. This is a very veteran team, so it being a road game shouldn't be much of a factor. Still, I keep coming back to TTU's ability to allow a lot of running yards and that leads me to believe that Jacksonville St. is likely to win...I hope I am wrong - TTU needs to have a great season and this is the best team "we've" had in years.

ekufbfan
October 29th, 2011, 07:56 PM
May crown the OVC champ

and might not....

On another thread I read that Murray State might be a "dark horse" to make the playoffs. Looks like EKU took care of that today at Murray State. EKU 34-MSU 33. Go EKU!!!

TTUEagles
October 29th, 2011, 09:19 PM
TTU wins!!!!
TTU still needs to play very well to beat Murray in Cookeville next week. But, since I don't play, I might look ahead to Richmond in 2 weeks for one helluva(n) OVC game!
EKU at Jacksonville St. next week? Two HUGE games in the OVC next week!