October 25th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Actually, K St belongs in the 7 line.

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Actually, K St belongs in the 7 line.

Good catch! :)

appfan2008
October 25th, 2011, 08:59 AM
pretty sweet deal there for shsu... now if they could get some love in the polls!

TexasTerror
October 25th, 2011, 10:02 AM
pretty sweet deal there for shsu... now if they could get some love in the polls!

I tell our fans that ultimately the results will speak for themselves. If we finish 10-1 or 11-0, we will get a national seed. If we do not post that kind of record, then we're playing the cards we are dealt. Still think if we get to nine wins, we'll get into the second round and hope from that point for a home game.

MSUBobcat
October 25th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Montana State has also won 7 straight.

katstrapper
October 25th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Sam Houston doesnt ever get big love in the polls because we are not consistent year after year. However, I think Fritz will change that mindset. I will say I was a little suprised SHSU didnt move up a couple of spots after the dominating win over McNeese on the road. BUT, on the ohter hand I am glad SHSU is flying under the radar a little on the national scene.

I will also say thatafter watching this team so far this season, I think they could play with just about anyone right now.. especially the defense. But , its one game at a time and that is how this team has been approaching things...

Coach Fritz is now 13-5 since arriving..

BEAR
October 25th, 2011, 10:19 AM
The only problem with winning streaks is they eventually come to an end.. nice stat though. I know Kats fans are hoping that it ends sometime next year. xnodx xlolx

katstrapper
October 25th, 2011, 10:36 AM
The only problem with winning streaks is they eventually come to an end.. nice stat though. I know Kats fans are hoping that it ends sometime next year. xnodx xlolx

Yep, all good things must come to an end at some point, but right now we are enjoying our current success. But, dont tell me that if UCA was on a 9 game winning streak that you and other UCA fans wouldnt be gloating a little.

BEAR
October 25th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Yep, all good things must come to an end at some point, but right now we are enjoying our current success. But, dont tell me that if UCA was on a 9 game winning streak that you and other UCA fans wouldnt be gloating a little.

9 game win streak IS something to gloat about for any team!

MSUBobcat
October 25th, 2011, 11:32 AM

Especially when they are against FBS and FCS opponents only. NDSU is the only other team that can say they've beaten at least 7 D-I schools in a row. Both MSU and GSU played a D-II team this year.

HailSzczur
October 25th, 2011, 01:10 PM

Especially at the FCS level. I mean when a high percentage of FCS teams play a FBS team during weeks 1-3, and 8 or 9 time out of 10 thats going to go down as a loss. Then if you factor in the playoffs, only 1 of those 20 teams is going to end the season on a winning streak. Most teams that have streaks of anywhere in the neighborhood of 5 or more have a good shot of making the playoffs, and with the 7 FCS wins to make the playoffs rule of thumb you don't have many teams sitting at home in December except from the Ivy league and others that abstain from the playoffs.
In FBS its alot easier to gain off the previous year like Stanford is doing. 50% of the teams that play bowl games come out with a win and the schedules for many schools tend to be more back loaded.

So congrats Sam Houston, you've matched what we did back in 2009. If the same goes for you, maybe you'll end up in Frisco on a 16 game streak? Now I would be extremely impressed if you guys did that, good luck

BEAR
October 25th, 2011, 01:46 PM
So congrats Sam Houston, you've matched what we did back in 2009. If the same goes for you, maybe you'll end up in Frisco on a 16 game streak? Now I would be extremely impressed if you guys did that, good luck

That was the point to my post about Sam winning out until next year..not the boasting about winning 9 games in a row, I'm glad you caught it. UCA scheduled 2 FBS teams and 1 FBS transitional team this year....and Sam Houston. xlolx No Bear fan thought we'd have any kind of win streak...but those darn funds for the program are more important right now. The rest will come later. xlolx

HailSzczur
October 25th, 2011, 02:17 PM
That was the point to my post about Sam winning out until next year..not the boasting about winning 9 games in a row, I'm glad you caught it. UCA scheduled 2 FBS teams and 1 FBS transitional team this year....and Sam Houston. xlolx No Bear fan thought we'd have any kind of win streak...but those darn funds for the program are more important right now. The rest will come later. xlolx

At first glance I too missed your point about next year. Sam Houston has a good shot at making it to at least 13 games though. I would not be surprised if they win out. If I had to guess if would say they come into the finale against TX ST on a 12 game streak.

Fear the Bird
October 25th, 2011, 02:53 PM
I'd say that currently being ranked 5/6/7 in the top 3 polls implies plenty of big love in the polls, don't you think?

Wow I actually agree with TheFan - I was just about to post this but was beaten to it - with the exception of Appy somehow being 5 in SN poll, what respect are you looking for? The McNeese win should have jumped Montana St. or NDSU?

katstrapper
October 25th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I know strength of schedule is going to come up, but when the season began, our schedule wasnt too weak. I dont think anyone expected SFA, McNeese St to have the current records they have. WIU, UCA and McNeese St were all ranked to begin the season. But, it is what it is. Keeping fingers crossed that this can continue through the end of the season.xthumbsupx

dgtw
October 25th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Jacksonville won their last nine games of the season last year but did not get an at large playoff spot. They began this season 0-2 but have since won six straight and could have another nine game streak if they win out.

crossfire07
October 26th, 2011, 03:24 PM

They have been on some pretty good winning streaks and have never gloated before. They sure as hell have never started a thread to pump their chest like you have done here but like you said, it will come to an end. An abrupt end when you least expect it.

katstrapper
October 26th, 2011, 05:24 PM
They have been on some pretty good winning streaks and have never gloated before. They sure as hell have never started a thread to pump their chest like you have done here but like you said, it will come to an end. An abrupt end when you least expect it.

HA HA HA HA HA.... THAT IS LAUGHABLE.

I didnt start the thread. Just responded.

Engineer86
October 27th, 2011, 03:56 AM

One way, wins in the playoffs beyond the first round. In the late 1990's, Lehigh won 23 straight RS games and lost in the 2nd round two years in a row, including a close 2nd round game to UMass, who won NC that year, late in that streak (I think). They did not crack the top 5 till late in that streak.

veinup
October 27th, 2011, 04:08 AM
why are we still calling it "Division I" ?

veinup
October 27th, 2011, 04:17 AM
besides that.. i can't find the data.. but the Griz had a pretty large active win streak going at some point, correct? how many games was that?

McNeese72
October 27th, 2011, 07:42 AM
why are we still calling it "Division I" ?

Because, if you look at the initial post, it was about all the teams in Division I (FBS and FCS).

Doc

TexasTerror
October 30th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Updated... let me know if I missed someone...

LONGEST ACTIVE DIVISION I WINNING STREAKS IN NATION
16 - Stanford
10 - SAM HOUSTON STATE
9 - Alabama, Boise State, LSU, Oklahoma State
8 - Houston, MONTANA STATE, NORTH DAKOTA STATE

TheBisonator
October 30th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Updated... let me know if I missed someone...

LONGEST ACTIVE DIVISION I WINNING STREAKS IN NATION
16 - Stanford
10 - SAM HOUSTON STATE
9 - Alabama, Boise State, LSU, Oklahoma State
8 - Houston, MONTANA STATE, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
7 - Kansas State

K-State lost yesterday.

Twentysix
November 7th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Bump if the OP wants to update.