PDA

View Full Version : Tanyi and Gainey - What is going on???

Go Apps
October 24th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Does anybody know they have not be released from the team - but where are they? I heard they were released from any wrong doing?

biggie
October 24th, 2011, 09:49 AM
According to Coach Moore they may be done, but he wasn't sure. If he's not sure I'm not speculating.

http://www.journalnow.net/index.php/trailmix/

Cornerback Ed Gainey and outside linebacker/defensive end Lanston Tanyi were absent from ASU’s lineup today against Samford.

Gainey and Tanyi had been out two games earlier this season due to a suspension, but played in the Mountaineers’ most recent two games against Wofford and The Citadel and participated in practice in the early stages of this past week.
Mike Flynn, ASU’s sports information director, said that Gainey and Tanyi are not currently participating with the team because of a “university disciplinary issue.”

Coach Jerry Moore of ASU said that he didn’t know if or when Gainey and Tanyi would return. “I just really don’t know,” he said.

Both Gainey and Tanyi had been suspended earlier this season for “violation of team rules,” and they sat out games against Savannah State and Chattanooga as a result.