Albany @ Wagner
CCSU @ SFPA
Duquesne @ Monmouth
RMU vs. Sacred Heart

Bye Week
Bryant

danefan
October 24th, 2011, 08:37 AM
So I should be rooting for Duquesne to beat Monmouth right?

Dane96
October 24th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Those two gamesat the bottom will be doozies to pick. I have both as E.

danefan
October 24th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Those two gamesat the bottom will be doozies to pick. I have both as E.

I'm not sold on SHU. Its time for them to see the real side of the NEC this year.

3 of their last four (Albany, Duquesne and RMU) are L's in my book.

blackbeard
October 24th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I'm not sold on SHU. Its time for them to see the real side of the NEC this year.

3 of their last four (Albany, Duquesne and RMU) are L's in my book.

Saturday proved we are still young and have a long way to go. The game really turned on a sack/fumble after SHU had taken a 17-14 lead where the SHU QB looked down. But thats when winning teams step up and make a stand instead of getting beat for a quick TD.

SHU got fat on a weak part of the schedule, although everyone was still on the CCSU bandwagon until we knocked them off. We have the 3 games you mentioned plus Wags, only home game left is the Dukes. Getting 2 wins out of those 4 games would be a big accomplishment for this young team which only has 8 Seniors on its 2 deep roster, along with 8 true freshmen.

andy7171
October 24th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Albany @ Wagner
CCSU @ SFPA
Duquesne @ Monmouth
RMU vs. Sacred Heart

crusader11
October 24th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Albany @ Wagner
CCSU @ SFPA
Duquesne @ Monmouth
RMU vs. Sacred Heart

401ks
October 24th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Albany @ Wagner - For this Ford, winning is Job One.
CCSU @ SFPA - Blue Devils hope to salvage something out of this frustrating year, but I suspect the Red Flash will give them a run for their money at home.
Duquesne @ Monmouth - This one scares me. I feel that the Dukes are the stronger team, but Monmouth has had Duquesne's number recently.
RMU vs. Sacred Heart - The clock has struck midnight and the Pioneers' carriage has turned back into a pumpkin (just in time for Halloween).

bjtheflamesfan
October 24th, 2011, 01:52 PM
After being out a couple weeks due to illness Im back for Week 9

Week 9 Games
Albany @ Wagner
CCSU @ SFPA
Duquesne @ Monmouth
RMU vs. Sacred Heart

Bye Week
Bryant

Albany @ Wagner
CCSU @ SFPA
Duquesne @ Monmouth
RMU vs. Sacred Heart

aceinthehole
October 24th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Albany @ Wagner - Danes roll over the Seahawks on Staten Island
CCSU @ SFPA - Blue Devils' weak defense keeps the Red Flash in the game.
Duquesne @ Monmouth - Dukes are solid and MU is without their starting QB.
RMU vs. Sacred Heart - SHU is still learning to be a good team.

M Ruler
October 24th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Albany @ Wagner - Danes roll over the Seahawks on Staten Island
CCSU @ SFPA - Blue Devils' weak defense keeps the Red Flash in the game.
Duquesne @ Monmouth - Dukes are solid and MU is without their starting QB.
RMU vs. Sacred Heart - SHU is still learning to be a good team.

+1

Seahawks Fan
October 25th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Albany @ Wagner
CCSU @ SFPA
Duquesne @ Monmouth
RMU vs. Sacred Heart

hidalgo
October 25th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Albany
CCSU
Duquesne
RMU

Dane96
October 25th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Albany @ Wagner
CCSU @ SFPA
Duquesne @ Monmouth
RMU vs. Sacred Heart

WWII
October 25th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Albany @ Wagner
CCSU @ SFPA
Duquesne @ Monmouth
Sacred Heart @ RMU

MUHAWKS
October 26th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Albany @ Wagner
CCSU @ SFPA
Duquesne @ Monmouth
RMU vs. Sacred Heart

I will take: Albany, SFPA (wow!) MONMOUTH and RMU, although I was seriously thinking bout taking Sacred Heart..

danefan
October 26th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Albany @ Wagner - "Air Albany" (still makes me laugh) comes to Shaolin, but that won't be the real difference in this game. The real difference will be Albany's deep stable of RBs. Three guys that would start for any other team in the NEC - Drew Smith (Jr - 5.5 yds per carry), Dillon Romain (Soph - 4.5 yds per carry), Omar Osbourne (Fr - 5.7 yds per carry). Albany is rushing for 202 yrds per game (18th nationally), while Wagner is giving up 161 (71st nationally). I expect Albany to have 250+ rushing this week.

The passing attack will hit the ground running again as well. Albany is leading the NEC with 247 yrds per game (32nd nationally) while Wagner is 2nd to last in the NEC giving up 233 yrds per game (88 nationally). That doesn't bode well for the Seahawks either.

I expect the Danes to keep on their way this year and beat their averages for the year. That means 450+ yards of offense and 38+ points. That means a blowout.

Di Lella should also keep on pace for NEC player of the year. What a turnaround for this kid.

CCSU @ SFPA - This is a long trip and SFPA has proven they can score. CCSU is reeling and this could easily be a blowout in frustration, but I'm going with SFPA in the upset of the week.

Duquesne @ Monmouth - Dukes are back on track. Monmouth has been great against the run this year (only 118 yards per game), but not so good against the pass. I expect Patterson to have a big day in the Dukes road win. Plus I'm rooting for Duquesne the rest of the year since we hold the tie-breaker against them.

RMU vs. Sacred Heart - back to earth for Sacred Heart this week as they start the long trek through the top of the NEC. On paper the stats favor SHU, but I think RMU will be too big and fast for SHU to handle. Plus I'm rooting for RMU the rest of the year since we hold the tie-breaker against them.

Don't forget - the NEC game of the week (Albany @ Wagner) is a national broadcast on Fox College Sports Pacific at 12pm!

M Ruler
October 26th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Doesn't Albany-Wagner kickoff at 12:00 Noon?????

danefan
October 26th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Doesn't Albany-Wagner kickoff at 12:00 Noon?????

Yes you are right. Ruler you going to the game?

M Ruler
October 26th, 2011, 11:48 AM
I think so. How about you?

danefan
October 26th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I think so. How about you?
Trying to work it out.

I'm only 45 minutes with no traffic so its a crime not to go. Hopefully I can get my 7.5month pregnant wife to agree. :Dxsmiley_wix

WWII
October 26th, 2011, 12:02 PM
I think we'll have a pretty good crowd on Staten Island this weekend.

Dane96
October 26th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I may be there as well, have meetings in NY Monday...trying to get work to pay for my hotel Sat/Sun

Original_RMC
October 27th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Albany @ Wagner
Albany is just too much for Wagner. I expect Albany to jump on Wagner quickly and never look back.

Albany 34-17

CCSU @ SFPA
This will be a scary close game. I think a last second FG by CCSU secures a late 4th quarter rally for CCSU and helps save some pride.

CCSU 23-21

Duquesne @ Monmouth
Monmouth is one bad home game away (RMU) from being right next to Albany. Monmouth must not let the Dukes get out to an early lead.
Any word on Frazier?
I think the running game and tough D of the Hawks keep the Dukes in check but Monmouth must not hurt themselves on Saturday with stupid penalties.

Monmouth 28-24

RMU vs. Sacred Heart
SHU's passing attack will challenge the Colonial's secondary. The Colonials must also do a better job of protecting Sinclair who has been sacked 29 times this season (OUCH).
The Colonial may have finally found their RB in RS-FR Deontae Howard but they will need a very balanced attacked against SHU to win.

RMU 27-21

danefan
October 27th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Trying to work it out.

I'm only 45 minutes with no traffic so its a crime not to go. Hopefully I can get my 7.5month pregnant wife to agree. :Dxsmiley_wix

I think we'll have a pretty good crowd on Staten Island this weekend.

I may be there as well, have meetings in NY Monday...trying to get work to pay for my hotel Sat/Sun

So the forecast for Wagner went from sunny and mid 50's to rain/snow and in the 40's.

I'm probably going to end up watching this one on TV. I know I know.... fair-weather fan......We'll see what happens.

MTfan4life
October 27th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Sacred Heart
Cen Conn St.
Albany
Monmouth

NFLCB2
October 27th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Albany @ Wagner
CCSU @ SFPA
Duquesne @ Monmouth
RMU vs. Sacred Heart

Dane96
October 27th, 2011, 08:52 AM
So the forecast for Wagner went from sunny and mid 50's to rain/snow and in the 40's.

I'm probably going to end up watching this one on TV. I know I know.... fair-weather fan......We'll see what happens.

I'm with you. Just found out I have to go to Germany that week (Thursday)...so I am now staying home.

On a side note-- anyone here ever been to Copenhagen, Edinburgh, Vienna or Krakow. Thinking of doing a long-weekend trip when I am in Germany. Need some pointing in the right direction.

danefan
October 27th, 2011, 09:21 AM
BTW - didn't see anything posted, but Jordan Brown from Bryant was added to the Payton List this week.

http://www.northeastconference.org/news/2011/10/25/fb-brown-watchlist.aspx

Entering the week, Brown is the national leader in rushing yards (1,308), rushing yards per game (163.5), all-purpose yards (1,929), all-purpose yards per game (241.13), rushing touchdowns (15), points (110) and points per game (13.75),

Going to be a battle between him and Di Lella for the NEC Player of the Year.

Brown has been flying under my radar - that's for sure. Those are some gaudy stats.

dgreco
October 27th, 2011, 11:15 AM
BTW - didn't see anything posted, but Jordan Brown from Bryant was added to the Payton List this week.

http://www.northeastconference.org/news/2011/10/25/fb-brown-watchlist.aspx

Going to be a battle between him and Di Lella for the NEC Player of the Year.

Brown has been flying under my radar - that's for sure. Those are some gaudy stats.

And he still has one year left in him. He had over 1,400 yards last year I think. I think with 3 games left he may be able to put up some more good numbers. While he may not be able to get a lot vs. Albany I think he can get some nice numbers against SFPA and CCSU.

dgreco
October 27th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Albany @ Wagner - Albany wins in convincing and some what easy fashion
CCSU @ SFPA - CCSU finally turns it around and get a win after a couple of bad weeks.
Duquesne @ Monmouth - Duquense gets the win at Monmouth and hopes that they can win out and maybe sneak their way into the playoffs.
RMU @ Sacred Heart - I feel like this one is a toss-up, but I will go with RMU on the road. I think they can pull out the win.

So, all road teams are the winners this week.

hidalgo
October 27th, 2011, 11:27 AM
POY will go to whoever wins the conference in my opinion.

danefan
October 27th, 2011, 11:43 AM
POY will go to whoever wins the conference in my opinion.

I think it definitely helps. The only thing that may sway that otherwise is the fact that Brown leads the nation in so many categories.

Dan Di Lella (Albany QB - Sr.)
Passing Stats: 115-187 (61.4%) for 1557 yards, 16 TDs and 5 INTs.
Rushing Stats: 50 rushes for 253 yards and 1 TD
Total Offense: 259 yards per game
Points Responsible For: 15.14 pts per game
Team Record: 5-2 (4-0 NEC)
NEC Player of the Week Honors: 2

Jordan Brown (Bryant RB - Jr.)
Rushing Stats: 237 rushes for 1308 yards (5.5 per carry) and 15TDs.
Total Offense: 163 yards per game
All-purpose yards per game (Rushing plus Special Teams): 241 yards per game
Points Responsible For: 13.75 pts per game
Team Record: 5-3 (3-2 NEC)
NEC Player of the Week Honors: 0 (surprising)

Anyone else to throw in there?

Original_RMC
October 27th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Albany @ Wagner - Albany wins in convincing and some what easy fashion
CCSU @ SFPA - CCSU finally turns it around and get a win after a couple of bad weeks.
Duquesne @ Monmouth - Duquense gets the win at Monmouth and hopes that they can win out and maybe sneak their way into the playoffs.
RMU @ Sacred Heart - I feel like this one is a toss-up, but I will go with RMU on the road. I think they can pull out the win.

So, all road teams are the winners this week.

SHU is @ RMU this week

busybee14
October 27th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Albany
ccsu,shu,Duq

dgreco
October 27th, 2011, 08:32 PM
SHU is @ RMU this week

I take it back :) 3 road wins and one home win.

hidalgo
October 27th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Danefan- If somehow Duquesne wins league you have Patterson, McCoy and Dixon all have great numbers

blackbeard
October 28th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Albany
CCSU
Monmouth
Sacred Heart

RattlerFan70
October 28th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Albany @ Wagner
CCSU @ SFPA
Duquesne @ Monmouth
RMU vs. Sacred Heart

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Live scoreboard is back up:
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/p/nec-football-live-scoreboard.html

RMU
CCSU
Albany
Monmouth (in the snowstorm)

dgreco
October 29th, 2011, 11:40 AM
What is going on with CCSU?

danefan
October 29th, 2011, 11:45 AM
What is going on with CCSU?

Defense is porous and QB has a broken non throwing hand which hinders him big time.
Oh and they have zero depth. They played a backup LB at QB in the second half against us last week. The kid didn't even play QB in high school.

dgreco
October 29th, 2011, 12:01 PM
WI still don't know if that equates to them losing 21-0 in the 2nd