PDA

View Full Version : Nominations for the FootballGameplan.com/AnyGivenSaturday.com Game of the WeekWeek 10

bjtheflamesfan
October 23rd, 2011, 03:00 PM
Three weeks to go FCS fans...playoff berths are on the line so get your nominations in for this week so the poll can go up Tuesday afternoon

Edit: These are for games set for November 5

Nominated:

Seconded:
Furman vs. Appalachian State
North Dakota State vs. Indiana State
Towson vs. Maine
James Madison vs. New Hampshire
South Dakota vs. Cal Poly

ursus arctos horribilis
October 23rd, 2011, 03:25 PM
Three weeks to go FCS fans...playoff berths are on the line so get your nominations in for this week so the poll can go up Tuesday afternoon

Cool man, which date are we looking for exactly?

FurmanWins!!
October 23rd, 2011, 03:30 PM
I nominate Furman University vs. Appalachian State University :)

GATA_Eagles
October 23rd, 2011, 03:59 PM
I nominate Furman University vs. Appalachian State University :)

Second

bjtheflamesfan
October 23rd, 2011, 04:54 PM
Cool man, which date are we looking for exactly?

Ahh yes...these are games scheduled for November 5.

BisonFan02
October 23rd, 2011, 05:27 PM
I'll nominate NDSU @ Indiana St.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 23rd, 2011, 06:01 PM
I'll nominate NDSU @ Indiana St.

I will second this one.

jmufan999
October 23rd, 2011, 06:20 PM
I nominate JMU @ UNH.

I will nominate JMU @ UNH.

The nomination I am submitting is for JMU @ UNH.

JMU @ UNH : My Nomination

Hopefully one of these formats will suffice. If not, I can have this translated into Portuguese.

Squealofthepig
October 23rd, 2011, 06:32 PM
I will second JMU @ UNH. I will second it on a boat, I will second it with hope.

I will nominate Towson at Maine.

BisonFan02
October 23rd, 2011, 06:47 PM
I'll second Towson at Maine...that should be a good measuring stick for both squads.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 23rd, 2011, 08:33 PM
I will nominate Towson at Maine.

Seconded.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 24th, 2011, 05:39 PM
No more good games out there to see a preview on?

bojeta
October 24th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Wish I could watch every one of these games!!! However, I nominate South Dakota @ Cal Poly

SDFS
October 24th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Wish I could watch every one of these games!!! However, I nominate South Dakota @ Cal Poly

I second.

bjtheflamesfan
October 25th, 2011, 01:28 PM
ALright FCS fans! This week's poll is now up. You know the drill...vote for a game and then post why you voted for that game

asknoquarter21
October 25th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Thats an easy one

frozennorth
October 25th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Voted for sdak/poly. Great west needs some lovin.

bjtheflamesfan
October 25th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Thats an easy one

Why is that my friend?

darell1976
October 25th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I voted for our rival and our other conference foe....USD/Cal Poly!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 25th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Why is that my friend?

I think he meant any easy choice for him and he went with UMaine/Towson. That one was fairly easy for me as well and I also went with that game.

ngineer
October 25th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Gotta be the two surprise front runners in the CAA.

bjtheflamesfan
October 25th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Good race so far...

owascoag
October 25th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Towson versus Maine. Loser gets ranked ahead of the winner in the Coaches Poll, and they both drop because they played each other.

FurmanWins!!
October 25th, 2011, 10:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqi9JKzKWzs

FurmanWins!!
October 25th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Might be many years late, but revenge is finally coming this year in Greenville ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2x-7n0MOvk

FurmanWins!!
October 26th, 2011, 10:09 AM
As much as it still pains me, this is one of College Football's top moments, I actually saw it on an all time top 30 College Football highlight reel recently with the only other FCS team featured on the list being Marshall's Randy Moss dominating somebody in the playoffs, (I would also add AP's the run for GSU to the list as well):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUcQ4irFl_s

MSUBobcat
October 26th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I voted Towson-Maine. Assuming both take care of business (v. Delaware, @ Nova, respectively), it will pit the top 2 undefeated teams in CAA against each other. App St. and Furman both play difficult games this weekend and a loss by one, or possibly both, would detract from the significance of this game, IMO. That's the drawback of having the poll so far in advance I suppose. I do understand it takes time to prepare the analysis/video so it's a necessary evil.

FurmanWins!!
October 26th, 2011, 04:46 PM
I voted Towson-Maine. Assuming both take care of business (v. Delaware, @ Nova, respectively), it will pit the top 2 undefeated teams in CAA against each other. App St. and Furman both play difficult games this weekend and a loss by one, or possibly both, would detract from the significance of this game, IMO. That's the drawback of having the poll so far in advance I suppose. I do understand it takes time to prepare the analysis/video so it's a necessary evil.

Good points, if teams win that certainly makes things more important than losses, the ASU vs. FU game is a big rivalry regardless, but I do understand where you are coming from, we will see what happens on Saturday to set-up the best game.

bjtheflamesfan
October 26th, 2011, 04:56 PM
good tight vote with only a couple full days left

appstatefan123
October 26th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Good points, if teams win that certainly makes things more important than losses, the ASU vs. FU game is a big rivalry regardless, but I do understand where you are coming from, we will see what happens on Saturday to set-up the best game.

Agree.

asumike83
October 26th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Might be many years late, but revenge is finally coming this year in Greenville ;)

Thanks for the clip man! With as much as we all remember Ingle Martin slipping on the ice, people seem to forget that was only 3rd down. Stopping Felton at the 1 on 4th down was such a huge play in our history. Amazing how one play can change so much.

FurmanWins!!
October 26th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the clip man! With as much as we all remember Ingle Martin slipping on the ice, people seem to forget that was only 3rd down. Stopping Felton at the 1 on 4th down was such a huge play in our history. Amazing how one play can change so much.

Yeah that had to be one of the wildest games from start to finish that I have ever been too, you guys were on your way to big things regardless, but as the loser of that game I can't help but think what might have been in store for us in the title game if we had just punched it in from 1 yard out on that drive. Anyways hoping for another epic game this year, well see what happens soon enough I guess.

asumike83
October 26th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Yeah that had to be one of the wildest games from start to finish that I have ever been too, you guys were on your way to big things regardless, but as the loser of that game I can't help but think what might have been in store for us in the title game if we had just punched it in from 1 yard out on that drive. Anyways hoping for another epic game this year, well see what happens soon enough I guess.

Yeah for sure, hard to believe that was 6 years ago now. Both FU/ASU games were classic that year, the one y'all got on us in Greenville was a barn-burner as well. I am expecting FU to be tough at home as usual... got a big one this weekend first though.

FurmanWins!!
October 26th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Yeah for sure, hard to believe that was 6 years ago now. Both FU/ASU games were classic that year, the one y'all got on us in Greenville was a barn-burner as well. I am expecting FU to be tough at home as usual... got a big one this weekend first though.

Yeah looked for a highlight of the first meeting in 2005 but could not find it anywhere, I remember Ingle lead us on a game winning drive and I thought it was a wrap, then Richie leads you down the field like lightning and we were fortunate enough to block the Rauch field goal attempt to seal the win, was pretty cool to watch him hit that game winner against Michigan a couple years later though.

appstatefan123
October 27th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Yeah looked for a highlight of the first meeting in 2005 but could not find it anywhere, I remember Ingle lead us on a game winning drive and I thought it was a wrap, then Richie leads you down the field like lightning and we were fortunate enough to block the Rauch field goal attempt to seal the win, was pretty cool to watch him hit that game winner against Michigan a couple years later though.

Agree, those '05 battles were both classics!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 27th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Wow, kind of surprised at the results so far. I thought the game between Towson/Maine would be the odds on favorite just for the fact that two down & out teams of the past make good angle.

FurmanWins!!
October 27th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Agree, those '05 battles were both classics!

This year is gonna be a war!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj3ICl6tz7U

MTfan4life
October 27th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I went with James Madison v. New Hampshire. Furman/Appy only heightened because Furman upset Wofford. Towson vs. Maine is an unexpected play to stay in first place game, but I'm most interested in JMU vs. UNH. Depending how they fare for the rest of the season, this game could very well eliminate yet another CAA power from reaching the playoffs or at least the 7 win mark.

ASUMountainMan
October 28th, 2011, 12:27 PM

Cool!!!

FurmanWins!!
October 29th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Bring on App!!!!

FurmanWins!!
October 29th, 2011, 04:29 PM
ASU vs. Furman (11/5/11 SoCon Showdown)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E83h8gsF4k

bjtheflamesfan
October 29th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Appalachian State vs. Furman is the FootballGameplan.com/AnyGivenSaturday.com Game of the Week! Stand by for the new nomination thread on Monday morning...for games on November 12