PDA

View Full Version : First Playoff Eligible Team for 2011 - 7 DI Wins - and the winner is NDSU Bison

GABison
October 22nd, 2011, 09:33 PM
First FCS team for 2011 to get the magical/mythical 7 DI wins. Not Georgia Southern, UNI, or Montana State.

Go Bison.:)

TexasTerror
October 22nd, 2011, 09:35 PM
So, who are the eligible teams thus far?

Add SAM HOUSTON STATE to the list! :)

GABison
October 30th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Another fine win, SHSU. I believe we are still the only two eligible, correct, TT?

Gil Dobie
October 30th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Montana St has 7

Gringer1
October 30th, 2011, 07:13 PM
That D2 game against Tusculum is looming as a potential iceberg to Georgia Southern's season. With 11 games in a season, 1 against a non-counting D2 and 1 against Alabama (auto-loss), the Eagles can only lose 3 games and still make it to 7 D1 wins. After a loss to App, if the Eagles bungle the game against Citydell and lose to Wofford and Bama, GSU might be on the outside looking in. Even after spending half the season at #1. Crazy how stuff shakes out at the end of the season, ain't it?

Gil Dobie
October 30th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Lehigh has 7

extremerouge
October 30th, 2011, 07:16 PM
That D2 game against Tusculum is looming as a potential iceberg to Georgia Southern's season. With 11 games in a season, 1 against a non-counting D2 and 1 against Alabama (auto-loss), the Eagles can only lose 3 games and still make it to 7 D1 wins. After a loss to App, if the Eagles bungle the game against Citydell and lose to Wofford and Bama, GSU might be on the outside looking in. Even after spending half the season at #1. Crazy how stuff shakes out at the end of the season, ain't it?

Wow...if this occurred, would GSU get in with 6 wins???

Gil Dobie
October 30th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Montana has 7

NDB
October 30th, 2011, 07:18 PM

Well if the Eags would have kept their word and played the Bison we could have cut to the chase in week 2.

I keed GSU fans, I keed.

Or do I?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40

GaSouthern
October 30th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Wow...if this occurred, would GSU get in with 6 wins???

No if GSU loses the next three we miss the playoffs, just as we should.

stevdock
October 30th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Are you ever going to update your records in your signature and acknowledge that NDSU came to Georgia Southern?? I asked you that a few years ago.

Gringer1
October 30th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Are you ever going to update your records in your signature and acknowledge that NDSU came to Georgia Southern?? I asked you that a few years ago.

I believe that place is reserved for conference foes and those that have made the playoffs xsmiley_wix

NDB
October 30th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Do you understand the concept of time, FTG06?

Fear the Bird
October 30th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Incorrect sir. MSU now has 7 wins against DI opponents. So the thread should read: First TWO Playoff Eligible Teams for 2011. xreadx

You do realize this thread was started last sunday right?

TheBisonator
October 30th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I believe that place is reserved for conference foes and those that have made the playoffs xsmiley_wix

Oh right, NDSU hasn't made the playoffs. I must have been drunk last December when I thought saw them playing at EWU. That Red Turf should've been an instant giveaway...

Gringer1
October 30th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Oh right, NDSU hasn't made the playoffs. I must have been drunk last December when I thought saw them playing at EWU. That Red Turf should've been an instant giveaway...

I meant "won in the playoffs". Yeah, that's it xthumbsupx

CopperCat
October 30th, 2011, 09:30 PM
You do realize this thread was started last sunday right?

Yup, I do now. Thanks for triple stamping a double stamp.

Fear the Bird
October 30th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Yup, I do now. Thanks for triple stamping a double stamp.

Obviously i was catching up on this thread in the 2 minutes in between our posts but you can be bitter for making an uneducated post

slostang
October 30th, 2011, 09:36 PM
I meant "won in the playoffs". Yeah, that's it xthumbsupx

That would be the week before in Bozeman where they beat Montana State.

TheBisonator
October 30th, 2011, 09:37 PM
That would be the week before in Bozeman where they beat Montana State.

Robert Morris in the first round as well, but yeah, whatever...

Gringer1
October 30th, 2011, 09:39 PM
I actually meant "won in the playoffs in consecutive years"... that one works, right?

TheBisonator
October 30th, 2011, 09:41 PM
I actually meant "won in the playoffs in consecutive years"... that one works, right?

Not after this year...

Every specific thing that people have said NDSU hasn't done in FCS, we're shooting off of the fence one by one.

ngineer
October 30th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Lehigh has 7

and beat NDSU by a couple hours! (;-)

Twentysix
October 31st, 2011, 05:00 AM
and beat NDSU by a couple hours! (;-)

NDSU has 8 DI wins this week.

Lehigh

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/2329/lehigh-mountain-hawks

NDSU

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/2449/north-dakota-state-bison

Nice try though.

MTfan4life
October 31st, 2011, 05:43 AM
Yes, the tricky thing to notice is this thread was started LAST weekend. NDSU reached 7 wins last weekend; Sam Houston did as well.

Twentysix
October 31st, 2011, 05:44 AM
Yes, the tricky thing to notice is this thread was started LAST weekend. NDSU reached 7 wins last weekend; Sam Houston did as well.

Looking at a timestamp is frickin hard okay. Get off my back!

hidalgo
October 31st, 2011, 10:41 AM
Duquesne has 7 wins.......will probably get to 9 wins.

CFBfan
October 31st, 2011, 11:17 AM
So, who are the eligible teams thus far?

Add SAM HOUSTON STATE to the list! :)

with the KEY word be ELIGIBLE, you have to add the Georgetown Hoyas to the list

ngineer
October 31st, 2011, 12:41 PM
NDSU has 8 DI wins this week.

Lehigh

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/2329/lehigh-mountain-hawks

NDSU

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/2449/north-dakota-state-bison

Nice try though.

Didn't realize the thread was a week old. It 'appeared' to be a new one to me by the way it was highlighted on my screen.