PDA

View Full Version : Northern Iowa (6-1) at Bison (7-0) 10/29/2011 ARMAGEDDON

Pages : [1] 2

TheBisonator
October 22nd, 2011, 06:26 PM
(I posted this on NDSU's board)

Just wanted to start this thread to see where everyone stands on this one.

Confidentially, I don't feel good about this one. I'm REALLY not feeling good bout it. It's like, if we're good enough to be a 4-8 Big Ten team, they're good enough to be a 6-6 Big Ten team. It's like those two types of B1G teams facing each other and the 4-8 team not feeling good coming into that one.

What does everyone think?? Thing is SOLD OUT TO THE HILT, so NDSU fans BETTER bring the noise and the pain and the hurtness all in one for this one. 19,000+ in the Dome this Saturday, hopefully very few of them are knitters, nappers and book readers

My prediction:

One of these teams 34
The other one 31

darell1976
October 22nd, 2011, 06:29 PM
If NDSU beats UNI...I think NDSU deserves #1 in the polls.

TheBisonator
October 22nd, 2011, 06:30 PM

Depends on what GSU does with App State. If both GSU and the Bison win, GSU/NDSU will be 1-2. If GSU loses and the Bison win, NDSU is the new Man On The Silver Mountain. If NDSU loses, I just hope we can somehow stay around #5 or 6.

darell1976
October 22nd, 2011, 06:35 PM
Depends on what GSU does with App State. If both GSU and the Bison win, GSU/NDSU will be 1-2. If GSU loses and the Bison win, NDSU is the new Man On The Silver Mountain. If NDSU loses, I just hope we can somehow stay around #5 or 6.

I look at it this way App St is 6/8 in the polls, UNI is 2....I think NDSU dethrones GSU even if both win.

TheBisonator
October 22nd, 2011, 06:39 PM
I look at it this way App St is 6/8 in the polls, UNI is 2....I think NDSU dethrones GSU even if both win.

GSU's overall "wins resume" up till today is somewhat better than NDSU's. GSU has been beating teams in their conference from almost everywhere in the standings chart. NDSU has beaten the #9, #8, #7 and #3 MVFC teams. (The Ill State win is looking better and better every week)

darell1976
October 22nd, 2011, 06:41 PM
GSU's overall "wins resume" up till today is somewhat better than NDSU's. GSU has been beating teams in their conference from almost everywhere in the standings chart. NDSU has beaten the #9, #8, #7 and #3 MVFC teams. (The Ill State win is looking better and better every week)

Fair enough...I just know there are going to be a ton of people in town for this one!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2011, 06:44 PM
19K + for the game on saturday....could break the FD record crowd.

It will be interesting to see how we defend Rennie. Our Tampa-2 will yield some yards against the run IMO. Our secondary is good so hopefully the passing game will not be a factor for them.

If Brock has another 20-25 day (like today) we win.

Bison 28-20

darell1976
October 22nd, 2011, 06:46 PM
Saturday's weather...sunny 50-55. Enjoy the pregame!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2011, 06:50 PM
Saturday's weather...sunny 50-55. Enjoy the pregame!

Watched the UND game while listening to the Bison game on radio.

Goska is a lot better dual threat QB. The UND coaches should keep him in for the rest of the season. He is a big QB that is a good runner.....not too bad as a thrower. He's a senior so who knows what the coaches will do.

darell1976
October 22nd, 2011, 06:51 PM
Watched the UND game while listening to the Bison game on radio.

Goska is a lot better dual threat QB. The UND coaches should keep him in for the rest of the season. He is a big QB that is a good runner.....not too bad as a thrower. He's a senior so who knows what the coaches will do.

Any chance we can borrow Jensen... say during our UC Davis and USD games....our passing game is *****. How was the attendance at the SDSU game??

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2011, 06:54 PM
Any chance we can borrow Jensen... say during our UC Davis and USD games....our passing game is *****. How was the attendance at the SDSU game??

I don't have the stats in front of me but I thought Goska had pretty good stats. He threw that pick to end the game and the dropped ball by the receiver was pretty bad but I thought he did pretty well.

FargoBison
October 22nd, 2011, 08:04 PM
This game will probably set an attendance record....Standing room only tickets are all that is left.

clenz
October 22nd, 2011, 08:12 PM
I bought tickets tonight....My wife and I will be there.....

heath
October 22nd, 2011, 09:31 PM
This is like Frisco a few months early. The winner should be an early favorite to make the trip to Texas, but thats why we play the game. Good luck to bothxnodx

ngineer
October 22nd, 2011, 11:11 PM
This should be a classic 'slobberknocker'! My pick is the "standard" 3 pt home field advantage on one like this. Turnover could well determine outcome.

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2011, 12:04 AM
(I posted this on NDSU's board)

Just wanted to start this thread to see where everyone stands on this one.

Confidentially, I don't feel good about this one. I'm REALLY not feeling good bout it. It's like, if we're good enough to be a 4-8 Big Ten team, they're good enough to be a 6-6 Big Ten team. It's like those two types of B1G teams facing each other and the 4-8 team not feeling good coming into that one.

What does everyone think?? Thing is SOLD OUT TO THE HILT, so NDSU fans BETTER bring the noise and the pain and the hurtness all in one for this one. 19,000+ in the Dome this Saturday, hopefully very few of them are knitters, nappers and book readers

My prediction:

One of these teams 34
The other one 31
I hope this is one of those reverse jinx things you're trying. Sure, UNI is good but it's not like the Bison have no business being on the same field as them. UNI has shown they have chinks in the armor over the last couple weeks just like the Bison have over the course of the season. I expect a pretty evenly matched game and I love that this game is in Fargo. I think the home field will be a big lift for our guys and hopefully give them a little extra juice that could be the difference.

Couple keys to this game from my perspective:
1) Can NDSU get pressure on Rennie? NDSU didn't get much pressure at all on Sumner today until we started blitzing but blitzing against a mega-athletic QB like Rennie can be suicide because if he gets by the blitzers he'll have a lot of green to work with and he's a nightmare to tackle in the open field. NDSU faced a similar challenge in Marquiese Gray from Minnesota which they handled well but Rennie is a more polished passer than Gray is (it's pretty tough not to be).
2) UNI's front 7 against NDSU's O-line: the Bison have been very inconsistent on the O-line and UNI's front 7 is beastly. If the Bison can't get the running game going or give Jensen time to pass its going to be tough to win this one.
3) Can UNI convert in the red zone? The Bison D has been rock solid in the red zone this year and UNI will have to get TDs rather than FGs to win this game on the road.
4) Who wins the turnover battle and who wins on 3rd down? In games that come down to two evenly matched squads turnovers and 3rd down offense/defense are the big differentiator.

X-Factor
October 23rd, 2011, 12:13 AM
So the winner of this game should have a strong case for #1 ranking. I can't wait. 2 respectable teams with great fan bases, what is not to like.

Drblankstare
October 23rd, 2011, 01:00 AM
The key will be if the bison can stop Rennie from scrabbling. My guess would be alot of spy from the bison D.

Grizo406
October 23rd, 2011, 02:29 AM
As popular, loved, and sophisticated as I am, I can not say/stress how much I want the Panthers of Northern Iowa to win this game!

"Hail our Panthers we are ever loyal,
Showing strength and unity.
As we rise we firmly stand behind you,
Urge you onto victory!
RAH! RAH! RAH!

As you lead us onto fame and honor,
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!
Will be our cry.
So give us a yell (ho!)
the Purple and the Gold,
Victory for UNI!
U-N-I Fight!
U-N-I Fight!"

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 23rd, 2011, 06:19 AM
I hope this is one of those reverse jinx things you're trying. Sure, UNI is good but it's not like the Bison have no business being on the same field as them. UNI has shown they have chinks in the armor over the last couple weeks just like the Bison have over the course of the season. I expect a pretty evenly matched game and I love that this game is in Fargo. I think the home field will be a big lift for our guys and hopefully give them a little extra juice that could be the difference.

1) Can NDSU get pressure on Rennie? NDSU didn't get much pressure at all on Sumner today until we started blitzing but blitzing against a mega-athletic QB like Rennie can be suicide because if he gets by the blitzers he'll have a lot of green to work with and he's a nightmare to tackle in the open field. NDSU faced a similar challenge in Marquiese Gray from Minnesota which they handled well but Rennie is a more polished passer than Gray is (it's pretty tough not to be).
2) UNI's front 7 against NDSU's O-line: the Bison have been very inconsistent on the O-line and UNI's front 7 is beastly. If the Bison can't get the running game going or give Jensen time to pass its going to be tough to win this one.
3) Can UNI convert in the red zone? The Bison D has been rock solid in the red zone this year and UNI will have to get TDs rather than FGs to win this game on the road.
4) Who wins the turnover battle and who wins on 3rd down? In games that come down to two evenly matched squads turnovers and 3rd down offense/defense are the big differentiator.

I pretty much agree. My guess is that NDSU will sit back in their Tampa-2 w/o blitzing a lot. They have not blitzed a lot this year and Rennie can kill you with his feet.

If Brock has a game (20-25) like at SDSU, the Bison will win this. The last time UNI was in the FD, the Bison offense moved the ball up and down the field....our defense was horrible. This time around the defense is light years ahead and the offense is even better than 09.

Ya, turnovers and field position will be huge. Hopefully Voitlander has a big game...if he is needed.

Bison 28-20

blueballs
October 23rd, 2011, 07:38 AM
So the winner of this game should have a strong case for #1 ranking. I can't wait. 2 respectable teams with great fan bases, what is not to like.

Not if Georgia Southern wins in Boone... sorry.

However, these are two VERY good teams and are no doubt among the handful of serious title contenders.

semobison
October 23rd, 2011, 08:05 AM

Nice breakdown Professor! # 2, their front seven dominated us in last years game! I had never seen a defense disrupt a Bison offense quite like that! We had -40 net yards rushing and were sacked 11 times! The O line needs to buck up and hold its own in this years game!

WrenFGun
October 23rd, 2011, 08:17 AM

100% agree. Far better resume. NDSU is the #1 team already, but this would cement it.

Ronin
October 23rd, 2011, 09:41 AM
I think you're 31-34 score prediction will be very close to the spread. Wish I could be there.

GaSouthern
October 23rd, 2011, 09:50 AM
Give up on the #1 stuff, we'll see you in the playoffs. Nobody is getting leap-frogged unless GSU gets beat.

Ronin
October 23rd, 2011, 09:50 AM
OK, just woke up from last night's game at UNI vs SIU. Yes the tailgating etc. takes it's toll.

For UNI the pro is: Our QB has started passing, adding another dimension to his attack. The play calling from offense has improved and our defense bends, but rarely breaks.
Now the Cons: Catch the damn ball. We had too many passes dropped in the game. Offensive line needs to play with some intensity, the lost the battle the first half of the game with a lot of 3 and out. I am not sure the O picked up a first down on their own (no penalty).

The game coming up will be the best of the year in terms of match-up. The Bison are a good crowd and I would love to see their dome, but I can't justify driving 8-9 hours and having our tickets split in the end zone. My father is well into his 70's and I prefer to keep an eye on the guy, even during the game.

Gil Dobie
October 23rd, 2011, 11:17 AM
If I make it up to North Dakota, it will be for the HS playoffs, my nephew's team plays at the same time. Probably be checking scores though, should be a good game.

Drblankstare
October 23rd, 2011, 11:35 AM
It should be the best crowd of the year. I just hope the Bison can start early and get the crowd going.

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2011, 03:20 PM
Another interesting undertone to this game is whether or not Craig Bohl and the rest of the NDSU coaching staff is keeping this little chip on their shoulder regarding UNI's HC Mark Farley talking about Chris Klieman leaving UNI for NDSU:

"They try to find out what the heck you're doing from inside, and they try to buy their way to some wins," said Farley.

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/college/uni/football/article_5d957c2c-5eb0-11e0-b1cd-001cc4c03286.html

I'd tend to think that this quote hasn't been forgotten by the NDSU coaching staff and they'll be putting in the extra effort this week on the gameplan and getting the players ready for this one.

I think it's safe to say that the fans of these two schools don't like each other, the players don't like each other, and even the coaches don't like each other. That's a recipe for some entertaining football.

chattownmocs
October 23rd, 2011, 03:39 PM
1 vs 2 IMO

DOME
October 23rd, 2011, 03:46 PM
Crowd sucked yesterday for the SIU game. I mean is Iowa beating Indiana or ISU getting beat by A&M really that much more exciting? I mean the Dome was quiet. Whats worse is I tried to go to Sharky's at 9:00pm for old times sake and there wasn't a soul in there. Tear.

Coaches better have a serious sitdown talk about these butter fingers. Both dropped passes and fumbles?

Should be a mega game. I wouldn't be surprised to see a low scoring game though. 17-10 Ferocious Predators over Cows

ValleyChamp
October 23rd, 2011, 05:13 PM
Pretty big time game right here. #2 vs #3 doesn't happen all that often. Although, I know UNI and SIU have had a couple top 5 ranked games in the past few years.

Going to be a tough game for UNI to win, IMO. NDSU is putting a lot stock into this game, as they should after getting beat 3 times in a row. This is going to be the biggest game in the history of their stadium, and I expect the place will be as rowdy as it ever has been. I see this game as being a pretty low scoring defensive battle.

Panthers definitely have a good enough team to go in and win a game like this, but I would not expect it.

Ronin
October 23rd, 2011, 05:22 PM
I don't know about that. I've had dinner with Bison fans and spent half time discussing the game. The rivalry is rather new between UNI and NDSU. Our traditional rival has been SIU.

UNIFanSince1983
October 23rd, 2011, 06:06 PM
We don't really have a traditional rival. I think our rival is just the other team that challenges for Valley championships year in and year out. The last couple of years that has been NDSU. Prior to that it was SIU. You really don't have to go back too far to find SIU in the cellar of the Gateway every year. The big game in the mid 90s was Bear Week. You could argue that back then WIU was big rival because they were the team going neck and neck with us for championships. This new rivalry seems to be more steeped in dislike than any of the previous ones were though (of course maybe I just never saw the dislike before). It seems like the Coaches, Players, and fans generally do not like each other.

Gil Dobie
October 23rd, 2011, 06:30 PM
Even back in the DII days when UNI was in the NCC, this game didn't mean that much as, NDSU dominated the last 20 years before UNI left. Now that Darrell Mudra has infected UNI with a winning tradition, 2 of his projects are now playing for a National Ranking. Darrell is probably sitting somewhere feeling very satisfied.

Strommer10
October 23rd, 2011, 06:37 PM
We don't really have a traditional rival. I think our rival is just the other team that challenges for Valley championships year in and year out. The last couple of years that has been NDSU. Prior to that it was SIU. You really don't have to go back too far to find SIU in the cellar of the Gateway every year. The big game in the mid 90s was Bear Week. You could argue that back then WIU was big rival because they were the team going neck and neck with us for championships. This new rivalry seems to be more steeped in dislike than any of the previous ones were though (of course maybe I just never saw the dislike before). It seems like the Coaches, Players, and fans generally do not like each other.
This is an absolute fact. Especially after Klieman bolted to NDSU. Should be an another exciting storyline xthumbsupx

Houndawg
October 23rd, 2011, 06:52 PM
I think the intangibles are with the Bison - home field, UNI more likely to be flat after a rival game.

SIU lost to both highly ranked teams in low scoring games that were in doubt until the final series.

NDSU - 9 first downs, Sixty yds. rushing, 3-15 on 3rd down, 210 yds offense.

UNI - 15 first downs, 121 yds. rushing, 4-13 on 3rd down, 288 yds. offense.

passing was about equal, 150 yds. and just under 170 yards.

SIU offense vs. NDSU - 17 first downs, 128 yds. rushing, six/sixteen on 3rd down, 297 yds. offense

SIU offense vs UNI - 12 first downs, 15 yds rushing, 3/13 on 3rd down, 212 yds. offense

athleticism - UNI

mojo - NDSU

BisonFan02
October 23rd, 2011, 07:09 PM
I think the intangibles are with the Bison - home field, UNI more likely to be flat after a rival game.

SIU lost to both highly ranked teams in low scoring games that were in doubt until the final series.

NDSU - 9 first downs, Sixty yds. rushing, 3-15 on 3rd down, 210 yds offense.

UNI - 15 first downs, 121 yds. rushing, 4-13 on 3rd down, 288 yds. offense.

passing was about equal, 150 yds. and just under 170 yards.

SIU offense vs. NDSU - 17 first downs, 128 yds. rushing, six/sixteen on 3rd down, 297 yds. offense

SIU offense vs UNI - 12 first downs, 15 yds rushing, 3/13 on 3rd down, 212 yds. offense

athleticism - UNI

mojo - NDSU

Disclaimer - NDSU played SIU on the road where UNI played SIU at home.

NDB
October 23rd, 2011, 07:09 PM
the correct term for NDSU isn't mojo, it's snort.

Houndawg
October 23rd, 2011, 09:06 PM

And six starters missed UNI, more than missed NDSU. I was using us a common opponent comparison for the offenses. Can't really compare the defenses against our cupcake offense, and home field isn't much of a factor for us this season. Based on our games I would expect UNI/NDSU to be a low-scoring affair.

clenz
October 23rd, 2011, 09:06 PM
True, but when it comes to SIU/UNI it doesn't really matter where it is played....it will be close...9 of the last 11 have been decided by 7 points or less.

BisonFan02
October 23rd, 2011, 09:18 PM
True, but when it comes to SIU/UNI it doesn't really matter where it is played....it will be close...9 of the last 11 have been decided by 7 points or less.

True, and maybe it isn't as big of a deal (especially this year). I just remember (don't know the exact W and L totals), but coming out of Carbondale with a conference victory has always been tough (especially for NDSU since joining the Valley).

UNI Pike
October 23rd, 2011, 10:13 PM
What is the range of NDSU's PK? I see that he has been making a number of kicks so far, but I didn't see any distances noted.

UNI's PK Sievertsen is definitely a notch above Billy Hallgren's performance last year. He has already hit 2 48 yard FG. From the kicks I have seen, I think his range is +/- 55 (LOS 38). He has been remarkably accurate so far. Down side is that he has not been able to get a touch-back all year (someone correct me if I am wrong about that).

Thundar
October 23rd, 2011, 10:21 PM
What is the range of NDSU's PK? I see that he has been making a number of kicks so far, but I didn't see any distances noted.

UNI's PK Sievertsen is definitely a notch above Billy Hallgren's performance last year. He has already hit 2 48 yard FG. From the kicks I have seen, I think his range is +/- 55 (LOS 38). He has been remarkably accurate so far. Down side is that he has not been able to get a touch-back all year (someone correct me if I am wrong about that).

Believe Jastrom Hit a 48 yd'er against Minnesota, and has a couple 35's but could be wrong

Strommer10
October 23rd, 2011, 10:24 PM

Jastram could hit from 55. He has the leg, but Bohl wouldn't let him. 50 is within his range and anything outside of that, I would believe Bohl would either keep the offense on the field or punt.

JSUBison
October 23rd, 2011, 10:24 PM
Believe Jastrom Hit a 48 yd'er against Minnesota, and has a couple 35's but could be wrong

Jazz hit a 51 yarder against RMU last year. I think it's his career long, but haven't looked.

FargoBison
October 23rd, 2011, 10:26 PM

He's got a leg but he is prone to a random bad kick every once and a while. I think he could hit from 55, his kickoffs have been very solid as of late(he had a few touchbacks vs SDSU).

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2011, 10:27 PM

Jastram has the leg to kick 50+ yard FGs but his accuracy is inconsistent. Case in point, in that Minnesota game he kicked a 48 harder but then shanked a 35 yarder later in the game.

UNI Pike
October 23rd, 2011, 10:29 PM
Watching Sievertsen's PK, I can't figure out how he doesn't reach the end zone on kickoffs. The last 48 FG hit the net about 2/3-3/4 the way up the goal posts. He has missed 1 attempt so far this year that was from about 45, but everything else has been dead center.

bisonguy
October 23rd, 2011, 10:58 PM
He's got a leg but he is prone to a random bad kick every once and a while. I think he could hit from 55, his kickoffs have been very solid as of late(he had a few touchbacks vs SDSU).

He had five touchbacks out of seven kickoffs at SDSU.

Strommer10
October 23rd, 2011, 11:00 PM
He had five touchbacks out of seven kickoffs at SDSU.
No doubt in his leg, accuracy has been more of the issue than anything else for Jazzy.

DJKyR0
October 24th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Jazzy put one through the uprights on a kickoff near the end of the St. Francis game. That was straight-up disgusting. He's got the strength to hit from 55 but his accuracy is suspect, even on XP's.

THE HERD
October 24th, 2011, 09:08 AM
The Bison are going to have to set up the run with the passing game and probably will need to basically substitute the short passing game for the running game to get a W in this one. Panther fans.....what are you guys giving up on the ground on average?.......the only back who did any damage was Bell right? The difference in this one may be the fact that we actually have a capable passing game this year.......the last three years we have not. Hopefully Bohl moves Richards back to center for this one to take on Boothby, cuz he ate Lund for lunch last year, but our whole O-line got dominated last year, so if we can't block any better than last year nothing else will really matter. It would be awesome if we get Vraa back at WR for this one, last I heard it was a possibility. This will be one that Jensen will have to win with his arm and he is completing over 70% of his passes this year, so as long as we can keep him upright, he is capable of doing that. What say you?

Mountain Panther
October 24th, 2011, 11:31 AM
UNI wins it in the trenches, 24-14.

THE HERD
October 24th, 2011, 01:53 PM
It all comes down to how our O-line handles your D-line. If we can give Jensen a little time to throw and average at least 3.5 per carry Bison win, but if Jensen is running for his life most of the time and we average less than 3 yds a carry, obviously the Kitties win.

Pard4Life
October 24th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Go Bison! And I bet the Lehigh fans are going for UNI... how.. telling... NDSU has been my AGS #1 since week three.

Woody Hayes
October 25th, 2011, 04:26 PM
I really think that the bison will be out matched by UNIs speed.

Houndawg
October 25th, 2011, 04:31 PM

We've lost to both of them, I think UNI is quicker, especially at RB and the better team, but that's why they play..

As I predicted last year, the MVC is much stronger this year and I think it will show in the playoffs.

Woody Hayes
October 25th, 2011, 04:33 PM
We've lost to both of them, I think UNI is quicker, especially at RB and the better team, but that's why they play..

As I predicted last year, the MVC is much stronger this year and I think it will show in the playoffs.

UNIs Jarred herring won the 100 meter dash Anderson won the 60 and they were both on the 4x100 team that made nationals along with saftey wilmont wellington

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 25th, 2011, 04:41 PM

We'll see come saturday. Bison have some speed also.

Win or lose, there are 3 more games after this one for both teams. Illinois State and Youngstown are going to be tough for UNI. The Bison have Indiana State and Youngstown....both will be tough.

Woody Hayes
October 25th, 2011, 04:44 PM
We'll see come saturday. Bison have some speed also.

Win or lose, there are 3 more games after this one for both teams. Illinois State and Youngstown are going to be tough for UNI. The Bison have Indiana State and Youngstown....both will be tough.

I agree that the bison do have speed but not the speed that UNI has we have 3 ncaa all americans. But this will be a great game this weekend. Indiana State will be a huge trap game for the bison Shakir Bell is a FREAK

BisonBohl
October 25th, 2011, 05:42 PM

surprise...surprise

Its going to be an outstanding game and the Dome will be rocking....CANT WAIT

344Johnson
October 25th, 2011, 06:55 PM
I have little-no doubt that NDSU will be overmatched in the speed department. If NDSU wins this game, it won't be because we have better athletes in Fargo, it will be because we played better football. An interesting thing is, both of these offenses can be shut down. SIU put the clamps on both teams..although in the 2nd half of each of the games the offenses finally found some flow.

Won't be surprised one way or the other, I got a pretty good feeling about this game. But one thing is certain, whoever wins probably doesn't want to see the other one in the playoffs. I think Jensen is the difference. Keeps drives alive with his arm and avoids interceptions, I think NDSU is faster this year than last year, and that shows in the run defense. NDSU moves the ball well enough to squeak out a close one(Shocker, a Bison fan picks his team to win).

I think Rennie throws his first pick of the season probably on some weird play where he doesn't see someone or Marcus Williams just makes a play on the ball.

NDSU 21
UNI 17

Rushing
NDSU 138
UNI 162

Passing
NDSU 205
UNI 226

Turnovers
NDSU- 1
UNI - 1

UNIFanSince1983
October 25th, 2011, 07:25 PM
I am a little bit concerned because Jordan Smith and Garrett Scott are injured. I know Scott's backup filled in very well, but still we are going to need both guys. Unfortunately it sounds like Smith will not be able to play.

Woody Hayes
October 25th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I am a little bit concerned because Jordan Smith and Garrett Scott are injured. I know Scott's backup filled in very well, but still we are going to need both guys. Unfortunately it sounds like Smith will not be able to play.

I have heard from a very good source that garrett scott will be able to go. Smiths back up has started before so i think we will be fine.

stevdock
October 25th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I think it will flat out come down to special teams and turnovers. Whose special teams unit is going to be special and who is going to make a mistake?? Also I think that even a +1 in the turnover department for the game may be the difference between winning and losing.

Woody Hayes
October 25th, 2011, 07:42 PM
I think it will flat out come down to special teams and turnovers. Whose special teams unit is going to be special and who is going to make a mistake?? Also I think that even a +1 in the turnover department for the game may be the difference between winning and losing.

I have heard that jensen tends to make mistakes when scrambling is that true?

BisonFan02
October 25th, 2011, 07:44 PM

Jensen occasionally just needs to get the ball out of his hands instead of running around/taking sacks, but I would say no to the mistakes. He's only thrown 1 pick all year.

Woody Hayes
October 25th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Jensen occasionally just needs to get the ball out of his hands instead of running around/taking sacks, but I would say no to the mistakes. He's only thrown 1 pick all year.

That sounds like what rennie did last year alot. when you see rennie this weekend you will be very impressed by how much he has improved i think he is most definatly a gamebreaker this week.

DJKyR0
October 25th, 2011, 08:23 PM

A year ago this was true but Brock is in a completely different dimension from last season. Very composed, very aware, very capable.

BisonBohl
October 25th, 2011, 08:26 PM
A year ago this was true but Brock is in a completely different dimension from last season. Very composed, very aware, very capable.

My only knock on Jensen is sometimes he takes on to many hits and tries to do to much when runs. First off his health is far to important to the team and I always worry about fumbles with Qbs running.

Woody Hayes
October 25th, 2011, 08:56 PM
My only knock on Jensen is sometimes he takes on to many hits and tries to do to much when runs. First off his health is far to important to the team and I always worry about fumbles with Qbs running.

Well when he plays the panthers hes going to have to be very careful with that with Boothby and LJ gunnin at him on that concrete covered by a little carpet.

LakesBison
October 25th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Brock isnt afraid to take on anyone, and he's not worried about getting hurt. Our Backup QB would be just fine.

as long as there is no cheap shots by the UNI THUGS, he'll be allright.

Woody Hayes
October 25th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Brock isnt afraid to take on anyone, and he's not worried about getting hurt. Our Backup QB would be just fine.

as long as there is no cheap shots by the UNI THUGS, he'll be allright.

Like the cheap shot on the side line by pat paschil when he punched LJ Fort?

LakesBison
October 25th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Yea, to protect himself from when LJ FORT slammed him into the brick wall and pinned him?? that was protection woody!

Woody Hayes
October 25th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Yea, to protect himself from when LJ FORT slammed him into the brick wall and pinned him?? that was protection woody!

Or when LJ was finishing a play and ran on to the side line and mr paschil was upset that he would lose to the panthers again so he punched him.

MplsBison
October 25th, 2011, 09:26 PM
UNI is the #1 team in the conference unless NDSU can beat them.

Just strikes me odd that so few people come to UNI home games.

ValleyChamp
October 25th, 2011, 09:31 PM
UNI is the #1 team in the conference unless NDSU can beat them.

Just strikes me odd that so few people come to UNI home games.

Averaging over 16K this year, which is near capacity. Already have had 1 sellout this year.

Even in down years, UNI averages minimum of 12-13K, which still would be top 20 in the country.

Woody Hayes
October 25th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Averaging over 16K, which is near capacity. Already have had 1 sellout this year.

It also so happens we have 2 FBS teams to contend with for attendance and not just UND

No_Skill
October 25th, 2011, 09:48 PM
It also so happens we have 2 FBS teams to contend with for attendance and not just UND

Iowa also has 5 times the population of North Dakota.

Regardless, we both have good teams and we both have good fanbases.

Woody Hayes
October 25th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Iowa also has 5 times the population of North Dakota.

Regardless, we both have good teams and we both have good fanbases.

Also, North Dakota isnt a state
xrolleyesx

No_Skill
October 25th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Also, North Dakota isnt a state
xrolleyesx

Careful, this is heading for a Citdog secessionist conversation.

Lakes Bison
October 26th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Lakesbiso you are jaded and really don't have a clue do you?

LakesBison
October 26th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Im JADED? youre the one that copied my username. Mods, this is clearly some disgruntled "other team" fan, go ahead and delete them.

back to the game, great article http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/338348/group/Sports/ on LT Billy Turner, his bro played for UNI, good stuff

LakesBison
October 26th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Billy Turner is good friends with uni players isnt he? should be a great battle, i got my student tickets only 400 left

Woody Hayes
October 26th, 2011, 04:32 PM
I love the quote in the artice 40 and 11 will always be on my mind.

NDB
October 26th, 2011, 05:10 PM
The o line was an embarrassment. They looked like they didn't have a damn clue.

We should have lost by 30 last year not 7.

Woody Hayes
October 26th, 2011, 06:06 PM
The o line was an embarrassment. They looked like they didn't have a damn clue.

We should have lost by 30 last year not 7.

I hope the oline will be the same our Dline is a force to be reckon with it will be a good one

unigriff
October 27th, 2011, 08:34 AM
man, saturday can not get here soon enough!!!!...its only Thursday? really....mannnn!

BISON Thunder
October 27th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Former UNI quarterback (and former Fargo South QB) Chris Berg, is now a talk show host for 1100 AM The Flag, located in Fargo. Berg will be discussing this weeks NDSU/UNI game with another former Panther quarterback, Kurt Warner...in a few minutes (Thursday, 9:30 am). Link is below...

http://www.wethepeoplewithchrisberg.com/

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Kitty fans, does UNI play strictly a 3-4 defensive front or do they mix it up with 3-4 and 4-3 fronts?

I ask because I'm guessing the Bison are going to be starting big #63 Austin Richard at Center this game instead of Left Guard to get him on the head up on Boothby since he plays better head up on a D lineman than the normal starting Center, Joe Lund, does. So I could see UNI switching defensive fronts off and on throughout the game to further hinder the NDSU O-line moreso than they would've already been.

LakesBison
October 27th, 2011, 12:43 PM
http://wcfcourier.com/sports/college/uni/football/uni-kicker-sievertsen-facing-charges/article_eaacb772-0047-11e1-a65c-001cc4c002e0.html

UNI's KICKER should miss ndsu game, if farley had any class.

Dgreenwell3
October 27th, 2011, 12:49 PM
http://wcfcourier.com/sports/college/uni/football/uni-kicker-sievertsen-facing-charges/article_eaacb772-0047-11e1-a65c-001cc4c002e0.html

UNI's KICKER should miss ndsu game, if farley had any class.
In defense here, there could have been a misunderstanding or a violation by the officer in the offense. Happens pretty regularly, if he dealt with it internally I am ok with it!

LakesBison
October 27th, 2011, 12:51 PM
just like farley "suspended" 3 kids after the NDSU game too huh?

NDB
October 27th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I forgot about that one. That was pretty lame.

ValleyChamp
October 27th, 2011, 01:35 PM
just like farley "suspended" 3 kids after the NDSU game too huh?

Completely false. You continue to say this. There is no truth behind it.

Besides the fact that it isn't true, why in God's name would Farley not suspend players for NDSU, yet suspend them for the following weeks when we played better teams. The two weeks after NDSU, we played SFA and Iowa State.

You are a child.

LakesBison
October 27th, 2011, 01:38 PM
coach bohl told the teammakers luncheon the THURSDAY before the game "farley has 3 suspended kids that are playing vs NDSU, they will be suspended after the NDSU game"

NDB
October 27th, 2011, 01:39 PM
It was also in the press.

Dgreenwell3
October 27th, 2011, 01:41 PM
coach bohl told the teammakers luncheon the THURSDAY before the game "farley has 3 suspended kids that are playing vs NDSU, they will be suspended after the NDSU game"

Point being? Those years they played better teams than NDSU that year. Gotta agree with ValleyChamp here, Farley has been a class act while at UNI.

Lakes Bison
October 27th, 2011, 02:09 PM
That is in the past. You guys tend to want to live in the past all the time.

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2011, 02:15 PM
That is in the past. You guys tend to want to live in the past all the time.
Some Bison fans love bringing up stories of D2 glory just like some Panther fans love bringing up the fact that NDSU hasn't done anything special at "their" level yet. Neither makes a bit of difference in terms of what will happen on the field come Saturday.

strike00
October 27th, 2011, 02:16 PM

you can keep saying it all you want, it simply didn't happen.

LakesBison
October 27th, 2011, 03:11 PM
yes it did, you needed all hands on deck for NDSU. just like your drunken kicker getting arrested, im sure he'll play vs ndsu on saturday right?

Dgreenwell3
October 27th, 2011, 03:30 PM
yes it did, you needed all hands on deck for NDSU. just like your drunken kicker getting arrested, im sure he'll play vs ndsu on saturday right?

I know it's hard to believe but what people tell you isn't always the truth. People are never the supervillians some try to make them out to be, you have see thru some crap.

ValleyChamp
October 27th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Give us the names of the suspended players lakes.

LakesBison
October 27th, 2011, 04:55 PM
whoever wasnt playin in game 3 last year I guess, I heard it from Bohl and it was on fargo tv sports, sorry

UNI Pike
October 27th, 2011, 04:58 PM
The three guys on the grassy knoll - ya' that's it

UNI Pike
October 27th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Kitty fans, does UNI play strictly a 3-4 defensive front or do they mix it up with 3-4 and 4-3 fronts?

I ask because I'm guessing the Bison are going to be starting big #63 Austin Richard at Center this game instead of Left Guard to get him on the head up on Boothby since he plays better head up on a D lineman than the normal starting Center, Joe Lund, does. So I could see UNI switching defensive fronts off and on throughout the game to further hinder the NDSU O-line moreso than they would've already been.

To answer your question, they will play both, same as last year. Technically, it was a 3-4 last year, with a LB cheating down on the line. NDSU had Richards playing center last year, BTW. I was just watching some of the replay, #63 was playing center for the 1st half that I scanned through.

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2011, 05:37 PM
To answer your question, they will play both, same as last year. Technically, it was a 3-4 last year, with a LB cheating down on the line. NDSU had Richards playing center last year, BTW. I was just watching some of the replay, #63 was playing center for the 1st half that I scanned through.
That's correct. After the UNI game last year Richard was moved to LG. We started two true frosh the next week in Jesse Hinz at C and Billy Turner at RT. A lot of people attributed DJ McNorton's monster season to the improved line play those moves facilitated. This year Hinz is a backup with Lund moving to the C spot and Turner has moved to LT. I won't say that Richard will be able handle Boothby but he's the best we've got on the interior line to make an attempt at it.

UNI Pike
October 27th, 2011, 06:30 PM
From what I saw of the replay, Boothby was primarily lining up on the right side/strong side (1st half at least).

UNIFanSince1983
October 27th, 2011, 07:01 PM

He pled not guilty. I think, like everyone else in the country, he is entitled to his due process. If he gets convicted then I could see suspending him, until then I don't see any reason why he should be suspended.

LakesBison
October 27th, 2011, 08:20 PM
yea. he just a kicker, he'll be heckled beyond all recongition from section 20-21 sideline.. WOOO!!

love this picture DJKIRO!!! UNI PANSIES. love the pink bow

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?25228-Operation-8-false-start-penalties&p=545313#post545313

jmufan999
October 27th, 2011, 08:34 PM
I'd be lying if I said I have seen either team this year. But I really DO care who wins. I think it's pretty obvious that both are playoff teams. THANK YOU for not playing any D-II teams. I hate that crap. I see that both teams are playing on ESPN3 in the next few weeks. I'll be watching both games, and studying them carefully if JMU makes the playoffs. We could be on the road to either of your places in the 1st/2nd round.

TheBisonator
October 27th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I'd be lying if I said I have seen either team this year. But I really DO care who wins. I think it's pretty obvious that both are playoff teams. THANK YOU for not playing any D-II teams. I hate that crap. I see that both teams are playing on ESPN3 in the next few weeks. I'll be watching both games, and studying them carefully if JMU makes the playoffs. We could be on the road to either of your places in the 1st/2nd round.

Yeah, we play Indiana State next week on The Tres. Will be another ***** of a game to win.

jmufan999
October 27th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Yeah, we play Indiana State next week on The Tres. Will be another ***** of a game to win.

You will CRUSH ISU and you know it. I won't allow that false modesty here.

You might lose this Saturday, though. Not sure, both great teams from what I hear.

Dgreenwell3
October 27th, 2011, 10:22 PM

You might lose this Saturday, though. Not sure, both great teams from what I hear.

You really haven't watched the valley this year have you?

clenz
October 27th, 2011, 11:38 PM
The suspension thing is false, look st the player participation for the ndsu game and then the sfa, isi, and whoever the 4th game was...I've done it before, because lakes likes to bring this up...it isn't possible unless they were players that didn't play against ndsu our the rest of the year.

Oh, and Sievertsen is 21 and was apparently walking back to his dorm...and we have played a game since then so if he was going to be suspended it would have happened already

Dgreenwell3
October 28th, 2011, 12:07 AM
The suspension thing is false, look st the player participation for the ndsu game and then the sfa, isi, and whoever the 4th game was...I've done it before, because lakes likes to bring this up...it isn't possible unless they were players that didn't play against ndsu our the rest of the year.

Oh, and Sievertsen is 21 and was apparently walking back to his dorm...and we have played a game since then so if he was going to be suspended it would have happened already It's a just a gigantic cover-up. Don't you know Farley normally wears clown make-up and runs around killing people in Gotham City?
Good thing Bohl invested in the Bat-cave.

Twentysix
October 28th, 2011, 12:11 AM
It's a just a gigantic cover-up. Don't you know Farley normally wears clown make-up and runs around killing people in Gotham City?
Good thing Bohl invested in the Bat-cave.

I wouldnt get to involved. Bad karma for a team that could fight its way out of the playoffs in their current situation.

DJKyR0
October 28th, 2011, 12:12 AM

ISUb has the best running back in the conference, a guy pushing for DPOTY in lineman Ben Obaseki, and a Washington transfer at QB. They're good.

Dgreenwell3
October 28th, 2011, 12:19 AM
I wouldnt get to involved. Bad karma for a team that could fight its way out of the playoffs in their current situation.

It's called sarcasm, you could easily place it the other way...I am just vocalizing how silly some of the things people say on here sometimes...It's best for ISU if NDSU wins...I bet on UNI but who knows...

frozennorth
October 28th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Anyone know what channels are carrying this?

BISON Thunder
October 28th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Safe travels to all the UNI fans making the trip to Fargo...appears the weather should be perfect for the pre game festivities. Hopefully both teams play well and the game lives up to the hype. Should be a great afternoon!

darell1976
October 28th, 2011, 08:47 AM

Channel 4 (KXJB) in the Fargo/GF area. ND NBC network out side the RRV, and I think its on satalite.

DOME
October 28th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Interesting note...

A local bar in Mason City does a weekly college football pick-em. Pick 5 of 15 games and based on the vegas lines. Every week there is a 16th game that everyone has to pick. This week for their first ever FCS match up the required 16th game pick is UNI@NDSU. No line they're just picking the game straight up.

Nice to get some respect around here.

darell1976
October 28th, 2011, 09:18 AM
5dimes.com

NDSU -4

Dgreenwell3
October 28th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Interesting note...

A local bar in Mason City does a weekly college football pick-em. Pick 5 of 15 games and based on the vegas lines. Every week there is a 16th game that everyone has to pick. This week for their first ever FCS match up the required 16th game pick is UNI@NDSU. No line they're just picking the game straight up.

That's pretty cool.

Professor Chaos
October 28th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Interesting note...

First FCS matchip couldn't have been accurate could it? GSU/ASU had to have been one of the 15 other games through right? ..... I mean, the tradition ALONE ..... Black Saturday .... you can see it from outer space ..... no? Wierd.

LakesBison
October 28th, 2011, 11:54 AM
people lining up already to tailgate, bars will be packed tonight with pre party's and this town will be crazy tomorrow, gonna be a blast!

DJKyR0
October 28th, 2011, 12:53 PM
people lining up already to tailgate, bars will be packed tonight with pre party's and this town will be crazy tomorrow, gonna be a blast!

I was literally just at the BSA and didn't see anyone lining up to tailgate. Are they planning on parking on 19th Ave. while they wait for the lot to open tomorrow morning, or...?

DJKyR0
October 28th, 2011, 12:54 PM
5dimes.com

NDSU -4

Take off the 3 pts. for home field and NDSU -1. Talk about an even match up.

DJKyR0
October 28th, 2011, 01:32 PM
For anyone interested, here's an interactive online copy of the NDSU school newspaper with a breakdown on NDSU-UNI. http://issuu.com/spectrumslides/docs/october_28__2011/11

LakesBison
October 28th, 2011, 01:36 PM
on 17th' ave westside lot. frisco cruiser will be there at 6am i heard.

Hammerhead
October 28th, 2011, 01:59 PM
DirecTV channel 617 -- Fox College Sports.

344Johnson
October 28th, 2011, 02:15 PM
I was literally just at the BSA and didn't see anyone lining up to tailgate. Are they planning on parking on 19th Ave. while they wait for the lot to open tomorrow morning, or...?

I think Lakes is a schizophrenic, perhaps a new age John Nash from A Beautiful Mind.

Ivytalk
October 28th, 2011, 07:33 PM
xthumbsupxUNI by a field goal. Word.

TheBisonator
October 28th, 2011, 07:41 PM
xthumbsupxUNI by a field goal. Word.

That seems very possible.

If I could make a +/-3 bet on this game, I would.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2011, 09:14 PM
I believe the Bison win this game. Not in dominate fashion but by 1 to 2 TDs.

GO BISON

darell1976
October 28th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Overtime thriller!!!

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 07:54 AM
finally!!! ITS SATURDAY!!!!! Let the fun war begin!

Hambone
October 29th, 2011, 08:02 AM
I think this should be a great game, as does everyone else. Should be a HOT crowd at the Fargodome. I know a lot of Bison fans have had this circled since last year. I think this is the year the the Bison get the monkey off their back, and they win 17-13. However, early prediction, the Trees will take down the Bison the week after in Terre Haute. :)

Gil Dobie
October 29th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Going with NDSU 20 - UNI 19

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 29th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Bison 28-17

No_Skill
October 29th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Overtime thriller!!!

I'm glad I set my dvr for an extra hour. :)

darell1976
October 29th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Just drove past the dome on 19th and there are people already setting up for tailgating in the west parking lot. Should be a traffic nightmare since 19th and 45th is closed I-29 is gonna be packed!!

stevdock
October 29th, 2011, 10:08 AM
GAME DAY BABY!!!!!!!!!!! It is finally here. Should be a great day.

UNIFanSince1983
October 29th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Did someone catch Fowler mention something about this game on GameDay? I didn't hear fully what he said, but thought I heard him talking about it...

GSU1-A
October 29th, 2011, 10:24 AM
They all had no clue this game was going on . However, Herbstreet mentioned GSU and Appy State! ;)

straightshooter
October 29th, 2011, 10:29 AM
And Fowler said as they guessed who he was talking about, "no Georgia Southern is #1." At least he knew.

BISON Thunder
October 29th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Entered all the data into Big Blue, including any ifs/ands/buts...spreadsheet came out indicating Bison by more than seven points*.

*DJ Mc and the rams have a breakout game

BISON Thunder
October 29th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Did someone catch Fowler mention something about this game on GameDay? I didn't hear fully what he said, but thought I heard him talking about it...

No, that was President Obama in his weekly radio address mentioning the game. He indicated he was paring his golf game down to nine holes today, so he could catch the game.

NDB
October 29th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Entered all the data into Big Blue, including any ifs/ands/buts...spreadsheet came out indicating Bison by more than seven points*.

*DJ Mc and the rams have a breakout game

I just hope the 'rams' show up.

Last year they sucked so bad I developed a flinch.

BISON Thunder
October 29th, 2011, 11:10 AM
No kidding...I almost developed a concussion 500 miles away from the game! Rams will need to control the LOS if the Bison are going to prevail.

UNIFanSince1983
October 29th, 2011, 11:44 AM
The Rams must be the offensive line for the Bizon?

I must admit it will be no easy day for them today. They will have their hands full with Boothby and company. This will come down who controls the line of scrimmage, who makes fewer mistakes, and special teams.

I like our odds, but I am nervous because the Bison have seemed to have been playing their best ball recently while we are playing our worst of the season right now.

Cannot wait until 3!!

Go Panthers!!

BISON Thunder
October 29th, 2011, 11:52 AM
The Rams must be the offensive line for the Bizon?

I must admit it will be no easy day for them today. They will have their hands full with Boothby and company. This will come down who controls the line of scrimmage, who makes fewer mistakes, and special teams.

I like our odds, but I am nervous because the Bison have seemed to have been playing their best ball recently while we are playing our worst of the season right now.

Cannot wait until 3!!

Go Panthers!!

Looking forward to seeing the matchup with Boothby and an improved Bison OL. I agree...I would not have given NDSU much of a chance before, but I have changed my mind after seeing them play the last couple weeks. Saw several Panther fans downtown last night...hope they enjoy their time in Fargo.

NHwildEcat
October 29th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I was flipping through my channel listings and I am able to watch this game thanks to one of the FOX Channels...super pumped!

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Panthers return opening kickoff 59 yds into Bizon territory.

Then big 20 yard pass by UNI.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:13 PM
3 plays and UNI got down to the NDSU 3...now faces 3rd n goal from the 5.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Panthers strike first....FG (22 yds) good!

3-0. 12 minutes left in 1st Q

Ginsbach
October 29th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Why does UNI have two number 10s?

MplsBison
October 29th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Any chance there is a link to a stream on one of those weird .tv or .eu websites - for us poor saps that have Dish Network and therefore can't get Fox College Sports Central?

MplsBison
October 29th, 2011, 03:26 PM
From the radio, sounds really chippy already.

Yep, this feels like a true rivalry. UNI has had the better team while NDSU has had the better program.

Ginsbach
October 29th, 2011, 03:27 PM
TD McNorton!

UNI - 3
NDSU - 7

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:27 PM
just run game with a few short passes for NDSU...Touchdown NDSU for McNorton.

NDSU up 7-3. with 6:02 left in the first.

ccd494
October 29th, 2011, 03:28 PM
This game looks like it is 1985, between the neon green turf and lack of HD.

Mattymc727
Is there a link to watch online anywhere? without paying....

unigriff
Any chance there is a link to a stream on one of those weird .tv or .eu websites - for us poor saps that have Dish Network and therefore can't get Fox College Sports Central?

direct tv doesnt have it either...due to their bad negotiations still going on with Fox. no game on tv.

Ginsbach
October 29th, 2011, 03:29 PM
just run game with a few short passes for NDSU...Touchdown NDSU for McNorton.

NDSU up 7-3. with 6:02 left in the first.

The Bison being able to run is a huge difference compared to last year's game. Didn't NDSU end up with -40 yard rushing last year?

MplsBison
UNI puts up little resistance as NDSU takes the lead 7-3 on a 10(?) play drive. Running and passing almost at will for first downs.

unigriff
nevermind i lied...just as i said that it came on!

MplsBison
October 29th, 2011, 03:31 PM
This game looks like it is 1985, between the neon green turf and lack of HD.

NDSU is one of three teams left in the entire country with the old-style carpet Astroturf. UND and USD are the other two. All other FCS domes (UNI, ID St and Northern AZ) have replaced theirs with new style turf.

Piss poor Fargodome management a determined to be the last team in the nation still using it.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:31 PM
UNI puts up little resistance as NDSU takes the lead 7-3 on a 10(?) play drive. Running and passing almost at will for first downs.

forcing 2 3rd downs is hardly little resistance.

MplsBison
October 29th, 2011, 03:32 PM
nevermind i lied...just as i said that it came on!

Like I said, us poor saps with Dish.

Here's the G-D kicker: I signed up on a promo to get NFL redzone + their sports package free for the rest of the year. I get every single FSN channel plus other I've never heard of. So of course I get Fox College Sports Central, right?

()$*#(@)$(#)$#(@$) $@#)$(#@_$(#@)_

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Two straight TE dumps for UNI...Panthers into NDSU territory.

MplsBison
October 29th, 2011, 03:35 PM
I've got Iowa @ Minnesota on in the background here if anyone cares. Still 0-0 with 8:37 in the 2nd qtr. Haven't been paying much attention, but looks like Gopher players are actually trying in this game.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:36 PM
its a good thing the game came on too..i was getting sick and tired hearing the NDSU announcers.

Ginsbach
October 29th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Sounds ridiculously loud on the KFGO feed. Makes me miss my days sitting front row in the student section in the Fargodome...

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Panthers get down to NDSU 39...faced with 4th n 4...fake punted last week with about same field position...punts it for a touchback.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:38 PM
2 minutes left in the 1st quarter.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:38 PM
For those of us who enjoy MVFC football...Illinois State is up 24-7 on SIU.

Gil Dobie
October 29th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Great job breaking up the screen by Jirik.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:41 PM
End of the 1st, NDSU 7 UNI 3. NDSU faced with a 3rd and long when play resumes.

bison94
October 29th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Bison getting it done on 3 and long.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Bizon pick up 14 on 3rd n 11....first down.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:45 PM
jensen still perfect on the day.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Bizon down to the UNI 40. Jensen still perfect. Holloway with his 3rd catch

Gil Dobie
October 29th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Holloway into Panter territory

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Panther defense looking tired. NDSU getting first down every 2-3 plays.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:49 PM
3rd n 1...Bizon get another 1st. (NDSU perfect on 3rd down as well)

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Sack #1 for UNI!!!!

back to the NDSU 28. 11 yard loss on the play.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Boothby in the backfield getting NDSU for a 3 yard loss. 3rd n really long for NDSU.

MplsBison
October 29th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Wow - the internet radio feed I'm listening to is quite delayed.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Bizon pick up almost half the yards back. NDSU forced with 4th n about 13. Jensen limping off. (looks okay though).

Field goal for NDSU....Good.

NDSU 10-UNI 3 7:50 left in the half.

MplsBison
October 29th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Minnesota scores with 1:13 left in 2nd to make it 7-7. So far, looks like they're not giving up Floyd without a fight.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Huge stand there for UNI. hopefully they can put together a nice drive here and go into the half cutting into the lead or tying it up!

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Minnesota scores with 1:13 left in 2nd to make it 7-7. So far, looks like they're not giving up Floyd without a fight.

Good good. I did bet Minnesota to cover and to win..:) (I hate Iowa far more than any other team). If you are Minny...you shut down McNutt and they really don't have much more for receivers...and the running game isnt superior. They are like NDSU..very predicatable...(run run run, pass here and there). Just gotta know how to defend it.

ccd494
October 29th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Terrific local commercials. Those stop-n-go buns looked like they will go well with that champagne.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:57 PM
two straight passes for UNi almost Intercepted...1st tipped, 2nd straight through receivers hands.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:58 PM
3rd n long...UNI wide open pass......receiver trips on the old turf.....big gain..no TD though. an oopsie play!

ccd494
October 29th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Whoops! Home turf advantage? Watch out for that 40 yard line!

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Rennie with his first rush....big play down inside the 30 for UNI.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:01 PM
first late hit of the day by NDSU. after a 5 yard gain for UNI. I think it was because the UNI receiver stepped out earlier...then kept running (didnt hear whistle im guessing) and then gets hit out of bounds...ticky tack foul but i can see the validity.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Rennie looks like tweaked ankle on the play...but 2nd n goal for UNI.

unigriff
pass interference by NDSU...DB there early..(good play otherwise really tho).

unigriff
first n goal for UNI at the NDSU 2

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:03 PM
TOUCHDOWN UNI!!!!

10-10 ties it up on a Johnson 2 yard run!

bison94
October 29th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Blown false start call, panthers score, 10-10.

MplsBison
October 29th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Gee whiz...solid 1 minute delay from the online feed 1570AM in Mpls. I'm hitting refresh, seeing griff's post and then 30 sec later I hear that play.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:04 PM
boo birds out in full force now.

I can see the complaint on the late hit if you were at the game...but from the TV and replay...it was the correct call.
The PI call was obvious.

UNI got away with one with a possible false start on Johnson on the TD run..i agree.

MplsBison
October 29th, 2011, 04:05 PM
So obviously the Fargodome turf monster didn't end up mattering. Get rid of that G-D rug!!!

unigriff
Gee whiz...solid 1 minute delay from the online feed 1570AM in Mpls. I'm hitting refresh, seeing griff's post and then 30 sec later I hear that play.

You know whats funny...that the Video feed from NDSU is faster than the TV...and the UNI audio is faster than both the TV and the NDSU feed.

unigriff
btw 5 minutes left in the half.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:06 PM
NDSU starts in good field position at their own 34.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:07 PM
UNI tips 1st down pass...almost picked off...(why the pass was being thrown to a guy with 3 guys around him i have no idea)

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:07 PM
NDSU faces 3rd n 5. Panthers look to get their 2nd 3rd down stop!

bison94
October 29th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Smith hauls in an amazing grab, 1st down.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:08 PM
diving catch for a first down NDSU...almost picked off, but caught on a diving catch...

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:09 PM
330 and ticking on the clock. NDSU all 3 timeouts.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Flea flicker by NDSU...first down....(i bet ya Kleinman told NDSU how sucky UNI is at that play on D (every year!))....great call. first down NDSU 3 minute left.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Bizon down to the UNI 15.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:11 PM
NDSU down to the 10...Ojur---i spin a lot---I gets 5. 2nd n 5 for NDSU..clock running.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:12 PM
3rd n 3 at the UNI....clock running.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Touchdown McNorton..

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:14 PM
2 broken tackles...8 yards out...spins.

NDSU up 17-10. 55 seconds left in the half.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Anderson who was doubtful for the game...does the KR for UNI...with 49 seconds left...UNI ball at their own 15....Rennie obvious QB run...up to the 44.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:17 PM
UNI up to the NDSU 43...18 seconds left.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:17 PM
UNI down to the 31 yd line...out of bounds...12 seconds left.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:18 PM
as he is being sacked...rennie throws it away...3rd n medium...5 seconds left.

JMUNJ08
October 29th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Got to kick it

unigriff
UNI looking at a 48 yd field or 31 yard final pass. Timeout Panthers

unigriff
sophomore kicker looks to be coming on to tie his career long (again)

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:20 PM
49 yder for 3....BARELY over the bar!!!! GOOOOOOD!!!! New career long!

17-13 at the half!

NDSU leads at the half...stats a coming!

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Stats for the first half

Total Yards
UNI 187 on 26 plays and 10+ minutes
NDSU 198 on 36 plays and 19 + minutes

UNI leading in passing yards, NDSU leading in rushing yards
Rennie - 11 for 18 for 146,
Jensen - 14 for 15 for 128

Neither team has turned it over

NDSU has 2 penalties (PF late hit and a PI)...for 16 yards
UNI has 1 penalty for 5 yards (false start in 1st quarter)

Storyline that we knew we'd follow and would be a huge factor in the game...NDSUs O line vs. UNIs D-line...From my point of view...NDSUs line is winning the battle so far tho the UNI defensive line did come alive in the 2nd quarter...could be just the beginning of dominating the 2nd half? Should be a great 2nd half!!!!! NDSU gets the ball to start the half. Possibly the most crucial series of the game.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:38 PM
I think the momentum is with UNI right now...54-46 id say...After giving up a TD late in the half...coming back and scoring with not much time...huge boost instead of being down 7 at the half....great discipline by the Panthers. Hopefully the adjustments have been made and UNI can get a big stop and/or a turnover to start the half!

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:39 PM
The longer and closer the score is tho...the more the Barn will get into it...someone has to do something to open this game up! Go Cats!

bison94
October 29th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Ryan Smith on a huge reception, NDSU to the 30 of UNI.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:49 PM
NDSU gets the 1st down to the UNI 15.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:50 PM
UNI defense not watching the ball at all on the runs...NDSU running straight up the middle now...big runs...down to the UNI 9.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:51 PM
fumble on the play

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:51 PM
UNI gets the turnover!!!! FUMBLE!!!!

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:52 PM
on the play for those with no tv...runner fumbles the ball before down..ball rolled into the endzone, bounced back but hit the pylon..automatic touchback.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Just what UNI needed...(big sigh of relief)..

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:53 PM
UNIs sophomore TE having a huge day!! First down UNI!!!!

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:55 PM
UNI fumbles after being down..(receiver was reaching for extra yards but was already down). another 1st down for UNI

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:55 PM
to be honest...(whether good for UNI or not)...i wish FCS had replay all the time.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:56 PM
UNI forced with 3rd n 9

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Rennie overshoots Collins...(Lemaster was wide open on far side)....4th down for UNI...Panthers to punt.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:57 PM
touchback for UNI....bright side...UNI changes field position after a defensive lapse.

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 04:58 PM
I feel like the Panthers are there...ready to strike...but just can't quite punch it in...credit to NDSU..

unigriff
October 29th, 2011, 05:00 PM
2nd incomplete pass of the game by Jensen...2nd n 10 at own 20.