PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Jackson get the nod to start on Homecoming

asumike83
October 17th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Looks like we have ourselves a new QB in Boone:

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=205318262

The article states that, if healthy, DeAndre will see time on the field. Sounds like they may work on some packages that have Jamal and DP on the field together to throw a little wrinkle in there to keep the D off balance. Also, I would expect him to see some snaps at WR, likely to take some screen passes so he can make plays in the open field. In my opinion, great news for ASU fans and bad news for the Samford defense.

I am not taking the Bulldogs lightly at all but I think our chances to win improve significantly with this move. Obviously, Coach Moore feels the same.

** Jamal Jackson getS the nod. Dammit, I hate typos in the thread title!

SU DOG
October 17th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Any chance of this announcement creating a QB controversy and hurting team morale? Maybe...Maybe...Maybe... LOL!

chattownmocs
October 17th, 2011, 07:35 PM
2 QBs who are the same. I'm sure that really strikes fear into the rest of FCS football...Not.

asumike83
October 17th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Unfortunately (for you guys), does not sound like it is much of a controversy. JJ was so crisp on Saturday, his passes were right on the money. He won't beat you with his legs the same as DP but his passing is much more dangerous. I have been fortunate enough to attend every ASU game in person this season and JJ's performance on Saturday was the best quarterback play this team has had by far, including when DP went up against A&T and Savannah State.

DeAndre should still be a part of this offense and it sounds like he will, the kid can make plays. To be honest, if DP ever had any thoughts of the NFL, getting a shot to show what he can do at WR could be a blessing in disguise for him. He has great speed but at 5-10, he would never get a look as QB.

asumike83
October 17th, 2011, 07:41 PM
2 QBs who are the same. I'm sure that really strikes fear into the rest of FCS football...Not.

Unless you just decided to drive to Charleston for the weekend and saw him play, how can you say that? Jamal Jackson is a completely different QB than DeAndre. He is a pocket QB with enough speed to run the option and keep you honest. Not the same top-level speed as DeAndre but a more polished passer.

Apphole
October 17th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Unless you just decided to drive to Charleston for the weekend and saw him play, how can you say that? Jamal Jackson is a completely different QB than DeAndre. He is a pocket QB with enough speed to run the option keep you honest. Not the same top-level speed as DeAndre but a more polished passer.

He's the Cam Newton of App!

chattownmocs
October 17th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Everyone seems to have the new Cam Newton!!! The closest I have seen wears 17 for Chattanooga..

Skjellyfetti
October 17th, 2011, 08:04 PM
We'll see how it goes. Jamal definitely has a better touch throwing the ball.

Citadel put absolutely zero pressure on him, though... 0 sacks and 0 QB hurries. DeAndre had guys all over him against Wofford and Chattanooga. 8 sacks, 6 QB hurries in those two games. DeAndre also has better scrambling ability and is able to escape the rush better.

Jamal Jackson had a great game... but, it was against one of the worst teams in our conference. We'll see how he does under pressure if Samford brings the heat (and, I'm sure they will).

GSU EAGLES
October 17th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Hmmm....inexperienced QB now at the helm at App. Never a good thing.

asumike83
October 17th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Jamal Jackson had a great game... but, it was against one of the worst teams in our conference.

Understood. However, DP had 2 games against teams MUCH worse than The Citadel and still did not look as good throwing the ball as Jamal did Saturday.

Skjellyfetti
October 17th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Understood. However, DP had 2 games against teams MUCH worse than The Citadel and still did not look as good throwing the ball as Jamal did Saturday.

DeAndre's passing stats from NC A&T and Savannah State:

30/40 75% 383 yards 3 TD's 0 INT's

Nothing wrong at all with that statline. In fact, it's about the damn same as Jamal Jackson did last week. Against weak competition... but, he also had 0 pressure on him in that game and was able to sit back and throw... and not run for his life like he did against Wofford and Chattanooga... similarly to JJ last weekend.

I agree with you that Jackson is a better passer. The difference is not that great, though. The difference between them running is much larger, in my opinion. Everything else about Jamal Jackson is unknown at this point.

asumike83
October 17th, 2011, 08:29 PM

Nothing wrong at all with that statline. In fact, it's about the damn same as Jamal Jackson did last week. Against weak competition... but, he also had 0 pressure on him in that game and was able to sit back and throw... and not run for his life like he did against Wofford and Chattanooga... similarly to JJ last weekend.

I agree with you that Jackson is a better passer. The difference is not that great, though. The difference between them running is much larger, in my opinion. Everything else about Jamal Jackson is unknown at this point.

Yes, DeAndre put up similar stats. A&T and SSU are significantly worse than The Citadel defensively and both games were at home as well. In watching our games, DeAndre did not throw a ball as good as JJ in my opinion, even against the lesser opponents. Agree to disagree I suppose, but I think the disparity in passing ability is more significant.

DeAndre has not been much of a threat as a runner this year either. In his 5 starts, he ran for a total of 105 yards. In much less playing time, Jamal has run for 109 and each have 4 rushing TD's. Defenses have keyed on DP as a runner and played man coverage on the receivers to force him to win with his arm. Unfortunately, he was not able to do that. I do think he will still be a part of our offense though.

Skjellyfetti
October 17th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Say DeAndre isn't a threat running the ball if you want to. He ran for 260 yards last year. In the playoffs. Can Jamal Jackson do the same? Maybe. We don't have a clue. Jamal can throw the ball great when the other team puts absolutely zero pressure on him. Can he throw on the run? How does he do under pressure? Can he lead his team back from a 4th quarter deficit? We don't have a clue.

Jamal had a great game against a weak team. I'm not as comfortable throwing him out there against Samford and then Georgia Southern... #2 and #3 in the conference in sacks. But, we'll see.

SideLine Shooter
October 17th, 2011, 08:52 PM
See Jamal in action @ The Citadel.

http://sidelineshooter.smugmug.com/Sports/ASU-2011-Season/ASU-The-Citadel-10-15-11/19579032_6T7wZm#1533611416_KTZzvvx

asumike83
October 17th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Say DeAndre isn't a threat running the ball if you want to. He ran for 260 yards last year. In the playoffs. Can Jamal Jackson do the same? Maybe. We don't have a clue. Jamal can throw the ball great when the other team puts absolutely zero pressure on him. Can he throw on the run? How does he do under pressure? Can he lead his team back from a 4th quarter deficit? We don't have a clue.

Jamal had a great game against a weak team. I'm not as comfortable throwing him out there against Samford and then Georgia Southern... #2 and #3 in the conference in sacks. But, we'll see.

You are right, Jamal is largely an unknown. We did not face a deficit, but Jamal did engineer a 6-minute drive to end the game after The Citadel scored 28 straight points and had all the momentum. He had 2 huge 3rd down completions and ran for another first. The only thing that stopped him from icing the cake with a TD was the victory formation at the 2. It is always a risk to replace a veteran with a young QB. The offensive struggles through the first five games cannot be placed solely on DeAndre's shoulders but the fact is, he was not getting it done.

Could the receivers, o-line and backs have helped him out more? Absolutely, but he made mistakes this season that he did not make last season. Last year, defenses had to give a lot of attention to not only Quick but Cline and CoCo. This year, they can contain the run and make DP hit a receiver that is in one on one coverage. I just do not think his running success last season is applicable to this year, it is a different offense that opponents scheme for differently. Last year, with all the weapons we had in the receiving corps, teams were dropping back in coverage and a lightning fast QB could slice you up in that open space. This year, no WR other than Quick has earned the defense's respect so they do not drop back and leave huge holes in the middle for our QB to run through. The 2011 ASU offense needs a pure passer to make it click and Jamal is our best option. He will take his lumps and make mistakes but the coaches would not have made this move if they did not see the same thing.

Baldy
October 17th, 2011, 09:14 PM

Can't wait to see how he handles the pressure of Brent Russell being in his face all day in a couple of weeks. :D ;)

Saint3333
October 17th, 2011, 09:20 PM

As usual you are ignorant to a topic that involves football.

DP is more like AE, while JJ is more like Richie Williams.

apaladin
October 17th, 2011, 09:28 PM
The victory formation??? You should send that to UTC!! They apparently don't know what that is. They scored with 7 seconds left against WCU to make it 51-7. Maybe they know about it but choose to have no class?

Apphole
October 17th, 2011, 09:31 PM
The victory formation??? You should send that to UTC!! They apparently don't know what that is. They scored with 7 seconds left against WCU to make it 51-7. Maybe they know about it but choose to have no class?

The same HC that responded to Jerry Moore's "good game" with "for you"? No way...

Appaholic
October 18th, 2011, 04:50 AM

Says the fan of the team who has mustered a conference win against WCU....tell me again, who's your QB this week?

AppAlum2003
October 18th, 2011, 05:08 AM
As usual you are ignorant to a topic that involves football.

DP is more like AE, while JJ is more like Richie Williams.

Honestly, he's pretty darn close to just being racist here. He's a few keystrokes away from "another black QB" JJ is a totally different QB than DP.

chattownmocs
October 18th, 2011, 07:51 AM

Actually they didnt score at all the entire 4th quarter. The same fail in multiple threads. You suck!!

chattownmocs
October 18th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Honestly, he's pretty darn close to just being racist here. He's a few keystrokes away from "another black QB" JJ is a totally different QB than DP.

Bahahahhahaha. You caught me, Maybe it had more to do with the fact that all App State's QBs have been the same for years, og dangit, there I GO AGAIN.

Apphole
October 18th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Bahahahhahaha. You caught me, Maybe it had more to do with the fact that all App State's QBs have been the same for years, og dangit, there I GO AGAIN.

I think I figured out why he hates App so much, aside from never being able to beat us in recent memory. We have prominent black players. Do you wear your robe and pointy hat for your "white out" games?

chattownmocs
October 18th, 2011, 08:32 AM
I think I figured out why he hates App so much, aside from never being able to beat us in recent memory. We have prominent black players. Do you wear your robe and pointy hat for your "white out" games?

Yes, because you are the only ones with prominent black players in all of college football. I hate App StAte!!

asknoquarter21
October 18th, 2011, 09:23 AM
ok back on topic...

I think the switch is going to be very beneficial. We haven't seen a ton from Jamal, but what we have seen I think fits perfectly with our offense. When Jamal first got to ASU everyone was excited about the possible future QB he could be, the next Richie Williams. Then they redshirted during Armanti's Senior year. The ECU game that year DeAndre had a terrible game mostly because he had no time to throw the ball and make reads. Cadet (who is now a RB) came in and almost brought us back. Fans quickly moved on from DeAndre after that game thinking he couldn't cut it as our QB when he was probably still the 2nd best QB on our roster.

After Armanti left we were left with two options going into spring ball. Redshirt Freshman Jamal Jackson and Junior DeAnde Pressley. DeAndre ended up winning the job and by all accounts it wasn't that close. I think fans wanted Jackson to win, but he wasn't ready yet. In the mop up duty we saw from him last year he was fantastic. The thing that impresses me the most is his confidence in himself and his WRs. He is not afraid to throw the ball in man to man coverage trusting his WR to make the play, and with the vast majority of man coverage that guys like Tony Washington and Andrew Peacock get this is a great thing for ASU.

This confidence is the biggest difference in DeAndre this year and DeAndre last year. It almost seems he is so worried about throwing the interception this year that he will look away from a favorable matchup due to man coverage on the WR. The only game both players played this season to compare is the Virginia Tech game. DeAndre clearly was lacking the confidence to push the ball down the field in this game, but Jamal on several instances trusted his WRs and several times they came up with the big play. Say what you want about the subs being in and what not, but VT didn't pull starters until much later that Jamal was in.

I think DP needs to be on the field because he is such a great weapon wherever he lines up, but anyone thinking the switch is going to hurt ASU needs to take some time to watch Jackson before passing judgement.

asknoquarter21
October 18th, 2011, 09:26 AM
also, don't expect this to hurt team morale at all. DeAndre is great kid and I would be absolutely shocked if he wasn't the first person out there to help Jamal with anything.

These two kids have a winning mentality with a team focus. DeAndre won't sit and sulk he will be out there trying to win, we have already seen it once.

blueballs
October 18th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Jelly makes a good point about pressure... we have seen time and again that Pressley can be rattled. We don't know that about Jackson but we'll learn if not this week next week for sure.

SpeedkingATL
October 18th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I was at the game Saturday and the entire offense looked crisper, better playcalling and better execution. The plays didn't take as long to develope and JJ did a great job of reading what was available. Even against A&T and SavSt the offense looked out of synch at times and the o-line confused. Hopefully to young o-line is figuring things out as JJ didn't appear to be pressured as much as Dre has been all season. JJ reminded me a great deal of Ritchie Williams and hopefully that continues. I still don't understand why Cadet went under center when JJ went out with leg cramps instead of bring Barnes in or just bringing Dre in and letting him hand off.

SpeedkingATL
October 18th, 2011, 10:25 AM
also, don't expect this to hurt team morale at all. DeAndre is great kid and I would be absolutely shocked if he wasn't the first person out there to help Jamal with anything.

These two kids have a winning mentality with a team focus. DeAndre won't sit and sulk he will be out there trying to win, we have already seen it once.

On Saturday Dre was usually the first to congratulate JJ when the offense came off the field after a successful drive and they talked quite a bit on the sidelines. Kid appears to still have a great attitude and few doubt he will do whatever is required to help this App team win.

ASUMountaineer
October 18th, 2011, 11:54 AM

I'm sure you've watched a lot of game tape on both QB's. Could you break down their similarities for us? I mean, we all know you have vast football knowledge. Teach us...

ASUMountaineer
October 18th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Hmmm....inexperienced QB now at the helm at App. Never a good thing.

Reminds me of 2006.....................hopefully. :D

ASUMountaineer
October 18th, 2011, 12:00 PM

On the TD pass to Quick, JJ had pressure in his face, rolled out to his left and threw across his body to the front, right corner or the end zone. Zero pressure is overstated. No one will compare the Citadel defense to Chatty or WoCo's, but given JJ's inexperience (that you like to hype) I think he did more than enough to warrant some faith in him. Especially if DP is injured more than we've been let on. You may be right, and if so you can come back and gloat, as I'm sure those who want JJ will do.

If DP is still banged up, then we have to play JJ. If JJ plays well again, there's no way you yank him to start DP against GSU--a QB that hasn't played in a month because of a bum shoulder. As they say, we shall see....

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 18th, 2011, 12:38 PM
It will be interesting to see how the QB situation evolves over the next few games. Somehow I don't think the QB situation is over yet.

First of all, I don't think The Citadel's defense gets enough credit. Sure they gave up a ton of points to Wofford but in terms of total yards they gave up it was very much comparable to the number of yards that Clemson gave up. The Citadel is also near the bottom of the FCS in turnover margin, so you have to take that into account also. That App. State torched The Citadel's defense in Charleston in the first two and a half quarters while JJ was in the game has to raise eyebrows in the SoCon.

If JJ has another big day, I'd certainly start him against GSU just because he would match up more favorably against our defense being the better passer. Considering the yards App. gave up to Breitenstein and how the GSU-ASU game went last year, you know GSU's plan is going to be to attack App's 3-man front with Brown and Swope early and repeatedly. But if JJ can give App a lead early and get GSU's offense into a hurry then we'll be in serious trouble.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Don't make the mistake of overlooking lil Sammy. This one could be a real barn-burner.

asumike83
October 18th, 2011, 12:42 PM
It will be interesting to see how the QB situation evolves over the next few games. Somehow I don't think the QB situation is over yet.

First of all, I don't think The Citadel's defense gets enough credit. Sure they gave up a ton of points to Wofford but in terms of total yards they gave up it was very much comparable to the number of yards that Clemson gave up. The Citadel is also near the bottom of the FCS in turnover margin, so you have to take that into account also. That App. State torched The Citadel's defense in Charleston in the first two and a half quarters while JJ was in the game has to raise eyebrows in the SoCon.

If JJ has another big day, I'd certainly start him against GSU just because he would match up more favorably against our defense being the better passer. Considering the yards App. gave up to Breitenstein and how the GSU-ASU game went last year, you know GSU's plan is going to be to attack App's 3-man front with Brown and Swope early and repeatedly. But if JJ can give App a lead early and get GSU's offense into a hurry then we'll be in serious trouble.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Don't make the mistake of overlooking lil Sammy. This one could be a real barn-burner.

I agree with a GSU fan on every single point! The Citadel defense is not great by any stretch but not as bad as some people think. Wofford had a good day against them as did ASU but the other 2 teams to play in Charleston scored 9 points (Jacksonville, I know) and 16 (Furman).

I am also not overlooking Samford, they are a much better team than everybody (myself included) expected this year. Only 2 losses have been to GSU and WC, no shame in that.

Skjellyfetti
October 18th, 2011, 02:27 PM
On the TD pass to Quick, JJ had pressure in his face, rolled out to his left and threw across his body to the front, right corner or the end zone. Zero pressure is overstated.

Zero pressure is not overstated. I remember the play you are talking about... and it was a damn fine play by Jackson... no question about it.

But, he wasn't hurried. And the guys doing the statistics agree... as Citadel wasn't credited with a single QB hurry.

http://www.goasu.com/fls/21500/StatsHTML/football/2011/asu1015.htm#GAME.DEF

chattownmocs
October 18th, 2011, 02:29 PM
I'm sure you've watched a lot of game tape on both QB's. Could you break down their similarities for us? I mean, we all know you have vast football knowledge. Teach us...

Two run 1st QBs with wildy inconsistent if not downright inaccurate arms.

asumike83
October 18th, 2011, 02:39 PM

Nope. Jamal is a pass first QB, no doubt about it. If you would like to pass that 'run first' scouting report along to Coach Huesman for future use, us ASU fans would greatly appreciate it!

asknoquarter21
October 18th, 2011, 04:00 PM

Sometimes it is better to let people think your an idiot than to open your mouth and........nevermind

chattownmocs
October 18th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Nope. Jamal is a pass first QB, no doubt about it. If you would like to pass that 'run first' scouting report along to Coach Huesman for future use, us ASU fans would greatly appreciate it!

Hes runfirst...and if he aint...Than hes going to be in serious trouble when the protection starts to break down, because he cant throw the ball.

asumike83
October 18th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Hes runfirst...and if he aint...Than hes going to be in serious trouble when the protection starts to break down, because he cant throw the ball.

One question: have you ever seen him play? He did not see action this year or last against UTC and until 3 days ago, had never started a game.

chattownmocs
October 18th, 2011, 06:31 PM
One question: have you ever seen him play? He did not see action this year or last against UTC and until 3 days ago, had never started a game.

I saw him 3 days ago. Its called neulion or somthin. He cant legitimately throw the ball. Amazing that you have drawn a conclusion based on a game when the offensive line was not breached for 60 minutes. The guy will look to duck and run when someone comes for him. Pressley would have been done the same exact thing against that defense.

Saint3333
October 18th, 2011, 06:44 PM
21-27 passing, 3 TDs and 0 INTs. You don't have a clue of what kind of QB JJ is, he is likely the most pass first QB ASU has had since Joe Burchette. I hope you aren't this ignorant about your everyday life. But hey you continue to post a false signature every post so I doubt facts will stand in your way.

Horseshoe App
October 18th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Zero pressure is not overstated. I remember the play you are talking about... and it was a damn fine play by Jackson... no question about it.

But, he wasn't hurried. And the guys doing the statistics agree... as Citadel wasn't credited with a single QB hurry.

Honestly, why are you so bothered by them giving Jackson a chance? I know you really like Pressley, but can you say he has played well this year? Give Jackson a chance before you try to belittle his performance against The Citadel.

asumike83
October 18th, 2011, 07:04 PM
I saw him 3 days ago. Its called neulion or somthin. He cant legitimately throw the ball. Amazing that you have drawn a conclusion based on a game when the offensive line was not breached for 60 minutes. The guy will look to duck and run when someone comes for him. Pressley would have been done the same exact thing against that defense.

If you really watched that game and based on his performance, your conclusion was that Jamal is run-first and cannot throw then I will agree to disagree. I just have no idea how you could conclude that based on what he did. BJ Coleman, who we can all agree is a good passer, played that same Citadel defense 2 weeks prior. He played them on his own field and has a deeper corps of experienced WR.

Jamal Jackson: 21/27 234 yards, 3 TD-O INT
BJ Coleman: 19/33 253 yards, 1 TD-2 INT

chattownmocs
October 18th, 2011, 07:17 PM
If you really watched that game and based on his performance, your conclusion was that Jamal is run-first and cannot throw then I will agree to disagree. I just have no idea how you could conclude that based on what he did. BJ Coleman, who we can all agree is a good passer, played that same Citadel defense 2 weeks prior. He played them on his own field and has a deeper corps of experienced WR.

Jamal Jackson: 21/27 234 yards, 3 TD-O INT
BJ Coleman: 19/33 253 yards, 1 TD-2 INT

Its all realtive, BJ coleman has proven his metal throughout his career. Jamal Jackson has played one game.

Mr. C
October 18th, 2011, 08:11 PM

If you think Jackson can't throw, you are truly clueless. Throwing is and has been the kid's strength from day one. As someone who has watched him extensively in practices over the course of the past three seasons and has seen him on film from games and scrimmages, there is little doubt he is the best passer currently on the ASU roster. He also has some pretty good bloodlines, with an NFL pedigree on BOTH sides of his family. His father and an uncle were both NFL players. My impression from the start (as someone with over 35 years of evaluating college talent) is that Jackson has some very similar qualities to former All-American and CFL quarterback Richie Williams.

Skjellyfetti
October 18th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Honestly, why are you so bothered by them giving Jackson a chance? I know you really like Pressley, but can you say he has played well this year? Give Jackson a chance before you try to belittle his performance against The Citadel.

Why do you think I'm bothered by it? I haven't bashed Jackson or belittled him in any way.

seantaylor
October 19th, 2011, 12:52 AM
BJ Coleman sucks. One of the 3 worst starting QB's in the Socon.

Appaholic
October 19th, 2011, 04:06 AM
Its all realtive, BJ coleman has proven his metal throughout his career. Jamal Jackson has played one game.

Really? How? He's the 2nd coming of Scott Riddle....all stats, no quality wins....your past 2 seasons were over before they really began with him as your team's leader...you must have really low standards if Coleman's "metal" has been proven...no wonder UTC underperforms annually, it's apparantly what their fanbase demands of them.....xlolx.....total fail...stop while you're behind, Chattown....

Horseshoe App
October 19th, 2011, 06:03 AM
xpeacex
Why do you think I'm bothered by it? I haven't bashed Jackson or belittled him in any way.

I am on the Rivals board, as you are as well, and the first thing you said on that board and this board is Deandre should start if healthy. You also said the gameplan was so perfect for The Citadel compared to before. It seemed to me you were just making excuses for why Jamal did well and Deandre hasn't. I may be misinterrupting what you said, so if I did I apologize.xpeacex

chattownmocs
October 19th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Lets get real. Half of the QBs in this league are system QBs. Athletes running a system. There are hundreds if not thousands of players accross the country who could run these systems. These systems put a premium on the QB running the ball and low football intelligence, arm strength, and accuracy are prevalent in all of them. Then there is the other half in which Coleman stands head and shoulders above the rest in everything from arm strength, to accuracy, to Intelligence, leadership and knowledge of the game. Coleman is by far the best true QB in this conference.

Baldy
October 19th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Lets get real. Half of the QBs in this league are system QBs. Athletes running a system. There are hundreds if not thousands of players accross the country who could run these systems. These systems put a premium on the QB running the ball and low football intelligence, arm strength, and accuracy are prevalent in all of them. Then there is the other half in which Coleman stands head and shoulders above the rest in everything from arm strength, to accuracy, to Intelligence, leadership and knowledge of the game. Coleman is by far the best true QB in this conference.

xlolx

tractorapp
October 19th, 2011, 07:59 AM

Imagine, someone like you questioning the intelligence of anyone else. Unreal.

CharlotteApp
October 19th, 2011, 07:59 AM
"Coleman is by far the best true QB in this conference."

With next to the worst SoCon record....

Appaholic
October 19th, 2011, 08:01 AM

Great. So he's like Riddle, but without a playoff game & the same number of victories against a App "system" QB....congrats...xlolx....yet another fail from Chattown....xrolleyesx

asknoquarter21
October 19th, 2011, 08:55 AM

You watched the game?

This is a serious question, please spend a few moment before digging yourself in a deeper hole.

asumike83
October 19th, 2011, 08:57 AM

Well done! I almost spit my coffee out, that was a good one. xsmileyclapx

Appaholic
October 19th, 2011, 09:01 AM
You watched the game?

This is a serious question, please spend a few moment before digging yourself in a deeper hole.

Of course he hasn't...his vitriolic hatred of App betrays his ignorance with regards to any sound football knowledge...it must be hell to see multiple championships won on your home field by a superior program that you cannot beat....poor Chattown....relegated to extolling the "leadership abilities" of Coleman to spark UTC to a triumph over Western at home...Coleman has UTC up there in the same rarefied air as Tusculum.....xlolx

asknoquarter21
October 19th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Of course he hasn't...

Neulion is a webcast system that plays through other sites. I though it was common knowledge that these broadcasts are of the premium variety and that you have to pay to watch them. Goasutv is usually the carrier for these neulion webcasts for App games, this weekend the game wasn't available.

Not really sure why someone would need to lie about watching a game, but hey everyone has different morals.

Or maybe he really did think he was watching App, but in fact was watching Alabama State University.

ASU and ASU, I could see how that would be confusing to someone new to football.

Eaglesrus
October 19th, 2011, 09:15 AM

So, do you think that Coleman will start as a rookie, or will whatever NFL team that is lucky enough to get him keep him under wraps for awhile?

asumike83
October 19th, 2011, 09:16 AM
So, do you think that Coleman will start as a rookie, or will whatever NFL team that is lucky enough to get him will keep him under wraps for awhile?

Let's just hope the Colts don't take him. Peyton has earned his keep, he doesn't need that QB controversy.

asknoquarter21
October 19th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Neulion is a webcast system that plays through other sites. I though it was common knowledge that these broadcasts are of the premium variety and that you have to pay to watch them. Goasutv is usually the carrier for these neulion webcasts for App games, this weekend the game wasn't available.

Not really sure why someone would need to lie about watching a game, but hey everyone has different morals.

Or maybe he really did think he was watching App, but in fact was watching Alabama State University.

ASU and ASU, I could see how that would be confusing to someone new to football.

After looking at the stats that must have been it. Greg Jenkins the QB for Alabama State had 21 carries in the last game. I'm sure it was just an honest mistake. Jackson....Jenkins pretty close if you ask me, nothing to see here.

Appaholic
October 19th, 2011, 09:25 AM
After looking at the stats that must have been it. Greg Jenkins the QB for Alabama State had 21 carries in the last game. I'm sure it was just an honest mistake. Jackson....Jenkins pretty close if you ask me, nothing to see here.

xlolx...it's funny, because I have no doubt it's true....honest mistake....wonder how many HR's Jenkins kicked in that game...xlolx...

ASUMountaineer
October 19th, 2011, 10:32 AM

I've seen the stats, not just online after the game, but also the several times you've posted it to support DP starting. I get that and I wouldn't be against DP starting...I'm for both of them. As to the play I mentioned, I'm not sure why JJ would leave the pocket if he wasn't pressured.

ASUMountaineer
October 19th, 2011, 10:37 AM

Yet, you base you opinion that he is a run-first QB with a horrible arm on one game (that wasn't carried via Neulion). Clever.

ASUMountaineer
October 19th, 2011, 10:45 AM

Sounds like UTC needs a new system. One that can actually produce wins...

chattownmocs
October 19th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Of course he hasn't...his vitriolic hatred of App betrays his ignorance with regards to any sound football knowledge...it must be hell to see multiple championships won on your home field by a superior program that you cannot beat....poor Chattown....relegated to extolling the "leadership abilities" of Coleman to spark UTC to a triumph over Western at home...Coleman has UTC up there in the same rarefied air as Tusculum.....xlolx

Lol, anyone with sound football knowledge would be able to seperate a teams overall record from the ability of a QB. A QB cannot make a team on his own. 3 units of 11 men each make up a football team.

chattownmocs
October 19th, 2011, 11:24 AM
So, do you think that Coleman will start as a rookie, or will whatever NFL team that is lucky enough to get him keep him under wraps for awhile?

I think he is the only QB in this league that will ever even get a look from the NFL. Nough said.

asumike83
October 19th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I think he is the only QB in this league that will ever even get a look from the NFL. Nough said.

Is it?

When ASU fans bring up the fact that Brian Quick will be one of, if not the first FCS player taken in this year's draft, you are the first to mention that NFL draft stock means nothing about your ability as a college player.

Eaglesrus
October 19th, 2011, 12:52 PM

That comes up a bit short of answering my question, but thanks! Can I quote you? I mean besides having just done so; I'd like to be able to share the source of all of this knowledge that I'm gaining.

chattownmocs
October 19th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Is it?

When ASU fans bring up the fact that Brian Quick will be one of, if not the first FCS player taken in this year's draft, you are the first to mention that NFL draft stock means nothing about your ability as a college player.

Wrong again. I have stated simply that Brian Quick's production does not match his profile. A factual statement.

////ohh wait he has one so many games in a team sport hasnt he?? Damnit I guess the entire team from whoever wins the national title should be drafted ahead of him.

chattownmocs
October 19th, 2011, 01:41 PM
You question was garbage as most of you and your friends questions are. BJ Coleman is the best QB in the SOCON wether he plays a down in the NFL. And it really doesnt take a genius to see it either.

Eaglesrus
October 19th, 2011, 01:44 PM
You question was garbage as most of you and your friends questions are. BJ Coleman is the best QB in the SOCON wether he plays a down in the NFL. And it really doesnt take a genius to see it either.

Right again, amazing!

asumike83
October 19th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Wrong again. I have stated simply that Brian Quick's production does not match his profile. A factual statement.

Oh, so that's what you meant.... 2,800 career receiving yards and 25 TD's is not enough production? You must think a lot of his profile.

StorminASU
October 19th, 2011, 02:18 PM

Did you ever watch a little known quarterback with the initials AE? I think he would beg to differ.

blueballs
October 19th, 2011, 03:10 PM

I've seen a handful of QB's that I thought were more effective than Coleman, who is one dimensional and mediocre at that- and one of those players is on UTC. I'd take Shaw, Allen, Forcier, Pressley over Coleman in a second.

blueballs
October 19th, 2011, 03:12 PM

Remind me again of all the big games Coleman has led his team to victory in...

blueballs
October 19th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Lol, anyone with sound football knowledge would be able to seperate a teams overall record from the ability of a QB. A QB cannot make a team on his own. 3 units of 11 men each make up a football team.

You never saw Tracy Ham, did you?

DP_ASU
October 19th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Chattownmocs...special needs...or major butthurt? haha...

Appaholic
October 21st, 2011, 09:31 AM
I've seen a handful of QB's that I thought were more effective than Coleman, who is one dimensional and mediocre at that- and one of those players is on UTC. I'd take Shaw, Allen, Forcier, Pressley over Coleman in a second.

No *****. Forcier is twice the QB as Coleman with at least twice the conference wins this year......another Chattown fail....Coleman = Riddle, but without the success on the field, experience in the playoffs or legitimate interest by the NFL.....an unknown X factor to his peers....xlolx...