PDA

View Full Version : What 5 teams scare you the most for the rest of this season?

Reign of Terrier
October 17th, 2011, 04:38 PM
For Wofford

1. GSU-They're GSU. Maybe not overrated, but they know our offense like we know theirs and it keeps a lot of people awake at night.

2. App State- We beat App, and could have done so worse, but their offense may have been revived this week and you never like to play a team twice in a season.

3. James Madison- IMO the best team in the CAA, which is dangerous in itself.

4. Maine-because they beat James Madison but they're a real question mark for me

5. Montana State-The best team in the Big Sky and maybe the country, I just don't think they'll play my terriers before Frisco if they ever play.

Walkon79
October 17th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Weber State and Montana to finish the conference, then we can worry about everyone else.....

What the heck, looking to December

1. NDSU - After the man-handling they gave us last year, I hope we're in opposite brackets
2. UNI - Again, bad memories from a previous playoff experience (though many years ago)
3. Georgia Southern - Unless they get a lower seed and have to come to Bozeman
4. Wofford - Ditto
5. App State - Not really scared, but would love to get them in our house for an early playoff challenge

Silenoz
October 17th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Chattanooga

Reign of Terrier
October 17th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I'm a fan, I'm allowed to look forward in the year :P

bojeta
October 17th, 2011, 04:54 PM
For Cal Poly the answer is easy and obvious. They are the 5 teams remaining on our schedule. Lose to any of them and we're out of the playoffs: North Dakota, South Dakota, UC Davis, Eastern Washington, South Alabama.

GaSouthern
October 17th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Wofford - They look dominant and we are playing them in their place
App - winning at The Rock is almost impossible
Citadel - Has a GREAT defense at times and their offense is getting better
NDSU - See ya in Texas ;)

darell1976
October 17th, 2011, 05:09 PM
UND:

1. Cal Poly (always a tough game)
2. Northern Colorado (defeated team but UND has struggled back in the DII days at Greeley)
3. UC Davis (haven't won out west since joining DI)
4. South Dakota (last rival game for these 2 before going their separate ways next season...Gonna miss you Yotes!!!)
5....anybody in the top 10!!

asumike83
October 17th, 2011, 05:09 PM
1. Georgia Southern - Only SoCon team to get a win in Boone since '02. A strong as they've been in years and our showdown is a mere 2 weeks away.
2. Furman - We have the better team on paper but we play in their house this year and they have beaten better ASU teams than this down there.
3. Montana State - A very good, balanced team and any match-up not played in Frisco will likely require a trip to Bozeman.
4. NDSU - Unbeaten team with some very impressive wins. If they get past UNI and run the table, nobody will want to face this team.
5. Northern Iowa -Also unbeaten against FCS competition, only blemish is a 1-point setback at Iowa State.

*To be clear, I am not more scared of Furman than the other 3 on the list. I just figured I'd start the list with the two teams that scare me the most that ASU will definitely have to face. Not looking past Samford either but we have them at The Rock.

Horseshoe App
October 17th, 2011, 05:10 PM
For Wofford

1. GSU-They're GSU. Maybe not overrated, but they know our offense like we know theirs and it keeps a lot of people awake at night.

2. App State- We beat App, and could have done so worse, but their offense may have been revived this week and you never like to play a team twice in a season.

3. James Madison- IMO the best team in the CAA, which is dangerous in itself.

4. Maine-because they beat James Madison but they're a real question mark for me

5. Montana State-The best team in the Big Sky and maybe the country, I just don't think they'll play my terriers before Frisco if they ever play.

I usually agree with almost all you say, but why do you continually say you could have beat us worse. We left just as many opportunities on the field as Wofford did. You beat us, but it is not the massacre you want to portray. Hopefully, we get the chance for revenge from that loss:)

Reign of Terrier
October 17th, 2011, 05:14 PM
I usually agree with almost all you say, but why do you continually say you could have beat us worse. We left just as many opportunities on the field as Wofford did. You beat us, but it is not the massacre you want to portray. Hopefully, we get the chance for revenge from that loss:)

well because we had a 10 minute drive go for zilch :P when I say worse I'm implying say a 35-14 or 42-14 score

profisme
October 17th, 2011, 05:17 PM
1.) Georgia Southern
2.) Wofford

The next 3 are more like pay-back games and I want to see them although the opponent will be good.

3.) NDSU- guarantee DeNarius McGhee wants another shot at these guys after his freshman year ended at their hands last year
4.) App St.- payback for a game which featured the ill-fated WR pass which effectively ended the game for MSU
5.) UNI- the Bobcats had a good team in 2003 and UNI sent them home

(Bonus Game) 6.) McNeese St.- still haven't forgotten about the 2002 game in Lake Charles, that was one heck of a defensive struggle

Horseshoe App
October 17th, 2011, 05:17 PM
well because we had a 10 minute drive go for zilch :P when I say worse I'm implying say a 35-14 or 42-14 score

And we turned it over when we got close and missed three field goals. Oh well, Wofford won, but it was not a massacre.

asumike83
October 17th, 2011, 05:18 PM

We missed 3 FG's, 2 of which were from 33 yards out. It could have just as easily been 28-20. Either way, you put away the game midway through the 4th with a very nice drive and I hope we get another shot at you.

Reign of Terrier
October 17th, 2011, 05:21 PM
We missed 3 FG's, 2 of which were from 33 yards out. It could have just as easily been 28-20. Either way, you put away the game midway through the 4th with a very nice drive and I hope we get another shot at you.

and I hope you don't :D

BisonFan02
October 17th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Season:

1) UNI - I don't think much needs to be said here...big game for NDSU.
2) ISUb - On the road and with Bell at RB...
3) SDSU - Ignore the record. Its in Brookings and for the rock.

Playoffs (if qualified):

1) Georgia Southern - Would've loved to see them come to Fargo and play, but hopefully we'll see them in Frisco.
2) App St. - I wouldn't want to play them in Boone. Close tie to Wofford.
3) Wofford - Stout offense. Again, don't think I would want to catch them on the road.

Twentysix
October 17th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Weber State and Montana to finish the conference, then we can worry about everyone else.....

What the heck, looking to December

1. NDSU - After the man-handling they gave us last year, I hope we're in opposite brackets
2. UNI - Again, bad memories from a previous playoff experience (though many years ago)
3. Georgia Southern - Unless they get a lower seed and have to come to Bozeman
4. Wofford - Ditto
5. App State - Not really scared, but would love to get them in our house for an early playoff challenge

I really hope GSU has to go to montana state. If it is snowing you guys will make the bracket much easier on everyone else.

I would love to see GSU run the TO in this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BhQq3RC7gY

If its not snowy and windy GSU is a scary team.

SDSU is a little scary, hopefully sumner fattens MWills stat lines.

Blueandwhitefightfight
October 17th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Wofford- Breitenstein... solid defense. And they always have a TE that you forget about but will burn you for 80 yards and too many first downs throughout the game when you forget he is there.

Alabama - who wouldn't be scared of Bama at this point? They are killing SEC teams on a weekly basis.

App.- I've been to Black Saturday in Boone. It's intimidating. And that was in 2005 before all the NC's and expansion. I can only imagine it's insane these days.

eaglewraith
October 17th, 2011, 06:07 PM
I really hope GSU has to go to montana state. If it is snowing you guys will make the bracket much easier on everyone else.

Snow matters not.

Rain is the real *****.

eaglewraith
October 17th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Wofford- Breitenstein... solid defense. And they always have a TE that you forget about but will burn you for 80 yards and too many first downs throughout the game when you forget he is there.

Alabama - who wouldn't be scared of Bama at this point? They are killing SEC teams on a weekly basis.

App.- I've been to Black Saturday in Boone. It's intimidating. And that was in 2005 before all the NC's and expansion. I can only imagine it's insane these days.

I agree with this. Those are the only teams left that scare me on our schedule, not looking into the post season yet.

My first goal of this season is 1 game away. I wanted to be 7-0 going into App.

However, based on the way we played Saturday....if we continue to execute on that level on offense, I'm hard pressed to think of anyone that can stop us from scoring.

Fear the Bird
October 17th, 2011, 06:21 PM
YT you must be scared of Lehigh no?

asumike83
I agree with this. Those are the only teams left that scare me on our schedule, not looking into the post season yet.

My first goal of this season is 1 game away. I wanted to be 7-0 going into App.

However, based on the way we played Saturday....if we continue to execute on that level on offense, I'm hard pressed to think of anyone that can stop us from scoring.

GSU was quite impressive, Furman is better than y'all made them look Saturday. I have a feeling that we will have a shoot-out on our hands in a few weeks.

Reign of Terrier
YT you must be scared of Lehigh no?

quaking in my boots!

Ivytalk
October 17th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Penn
Yale
Dartmouth
Princeton
Columbia

In descending order!:D

Twentysix
October 17th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Snow matters not.

Rain is the real *****.

Uh snow melts into water (when it touches bodies, Ie hand on football.) just like rain... then it instantly freezes in the wind...

I would think snow would be way worse.

Maybe hollywood snow with no wind at 32 degrees doesnt matter alot. Real snow would f it up.

ngineer
October 17th, 2011, 07:09 PM
quaking in my boots!

Actually, from what I'm seeing on this board, most everyone is probably scared of Lehigh because of the infamy associated with a possible loss to those little Mountain Hawks. The stigma associated with such a loss is almost too much for a human being to bear. Reports have it that several Panthers are still receiving treatment for PTSD out in Iowa. (;-)

MaxASU'81
October 17th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Anyone!
Anytime!
Anywhere!

I too hope GSU is 7-0 coming into Boone.

Samford beat Furmmie and that concerns me.

Elon is always tough

Cantamounts are always looking to knock us off...but have not!

As for the playoffs if we make it.....I would not want to play us....

Go APPS!

chattownmocs
October 17th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Chattanooga's only fear should be themselves. If we give all we have mentally and physically for 60 minutes, for the next 9 games, Chattanooga will claim the national championship. The added dimension of Robinson and Coleman to go along with Huesman's stonewall defense will not be defeated at the FCS level.

heath
October 17th, 2011, 07:35 PM
If these 2 teams make the playoffs,they both have great QB-WR combos,solid D's and are UNDER the radar.You might not want to play either and have to explain WHY you lost.
LEHIGH and LIBERTY xtwocentsx

Bogus Megapardus
October 17th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Certainly not Lehigh, from a Lafayette perspective. Piece of cake. Or pie. Whatever. Pards will be "flush" with confidence by then.

It will lose, as it must.

Gil Dobie
October 17th, 2011, 07:56 PM
SDSU - They get fired up for NDSU
UNI - Same
SHSU - Overlooked by a lot of people
Indiana St - Conference Road Game
Youngstown - Never know what to expect

GSU EAGLES
October 17th, 2011, 07:59 PM

Looks like a bunch of sissies the way they are running out there at 1:16 Someone needs to take their man card immediately.

heath
October 17th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Certainly not Lehigh, from a Lafayette perspective. Piece of cake. Or pie. Whatever. Pards will be "flush" with confidence by then.

It will lose, as it must.

At 2-4,you Lafayette guys need to get a life. Anything Lehigh and your panties get in a bind.If you can make the playoffs anytime soon,then maybe you could be in the discussion.BTW,were you scared of Lehigh the last 3 seasons?

NDB
October 17th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Looks like a bunch of sissies the way they are running out there. Someone needs to take their man card immediately.

your balls would fall off and hide up your a## if they ever saw 10 below.

Reign of Terrier
October 17th, 2011, 08:26 PM
It is going to be a particular fun time as Lehigh bowls over these teams one by one by one in the playoffs. Hopefully it gets Wofford in the middle of Lehigh's playoff run to the Championship Game...

xlolx If Wofford and Lehigh play in the playoffs....you're coming to us.....and will be sent home with a big fat L

FargoBison
October 17th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Looks like a bunch of sissies the way they are running out there at 1:16 Someone needs to take their man card immediately.

Wow, two teams playing football in sub zero wind chills in a blizzard and your babbling about how they are sissies? I think your man card needs to be pulled for mocking real men.

wmtribe1693
October 17th, 2011, 08:31 PM
#1 William & Mary
#2 Whomever is up next

HailSzczur
October 17th, 2011, 08:48 PM
in no particular order:
GSU- they would run all over us. We give up 187 yards per game on the ground and 4.5 yds a carry. A match up like this would be an absolute nightmare

Wofford- See GSU, good thing we don't have to worry about meeting either of them in the playoffs

Maine- Looked good in a few impressive wins

ODU- I'm fearful of this weekend, not sure how rational it is or not. ODU is a much better team then us this year and I'm not sure by how much, it's really a fear of the unknown for me

DJKyR0
October 17th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Indiana State. We haven't faced a team yet, IMO, that has a top-notch QB and RB combo (Illinois State has to be the closest, but Matt Brown is still in the middle of the pack QB-wise in the MVFC and Leggett is beastly). Fouch gashed us lat year and Bell has been a complete animal so far this season. We've had success forcing teams to go to the air (or at least taking advantage when they do so despite a successful rushing attack) but with Fouch slinging the rock it's going to be tough. We face Northern Iowa at home which will be no picnic, but playing at home in front of what will be an insane crowd will be an advantage, if only a slight one. We won't have that luxury at ISU. Biggest trap game of the season, IMHO.

Also their defense isn't bad.

LUHawker
October 17th, 2011, 09:13 PM
xlolx If Wofford and Lehigh play in the playoffs....you're coming to us.....and will be sent home with a big fat L

I hope you and everyone else continues to overlook Lehigh. xshhhx

Wofford is a damn good team and a completely different style of play than Lehigh so that would be an interesting match-up. As for venue, Lehigh is 2-0 in Spartanburg with the Terriers backing out of the return trip to Bethlehem. Too bad, as I think you'd like the atmosphere at Lehigh.

Reign of Terrier
October 17th, 2011, 09:26 PM

Wofford is a damn good team and a completely different style of play than Lehigh so that would be an interesting match-up. As for venue, Lehigh is 2-0 in Spartanburg with the Terriers backing out of the return trip to Bethlehem. Too bad, as I think you'd like the atmosphere at Lehigh.
stop foiling my counter-troll attempts

Bogus Megapardus
October 17th, 2011, 09:35 PM
At 2-4,you Lafayette guys need to get a life. Anything Lehigh and your panties get in a bind.If you can make the playoffs anytime soon,then maybe you could be in the discussion.BTW,were you scared of Lehigh the last 3 seasons?

You've never seen a Lafayette-Lehigh game, have you? More important, you've never comprehended Lafayette-Lehigh vis-a-vis "the playoffs," am I right? What exactly is college football? When did it begin? Three seasons ago?

Whether it's Lafayette 2006 or Lehigh 2011, ask any player, fan or coach which matters more - the "playoffs," or beating the opponent in college football's oldest, most-played rivalry?

Some things must be put in perspective.

Wofford Oaks
October 17th, 2011, 10:42 PM

Lehigh is indeed 2-0 all time against Wofford, but one of those games was played in Bethlehem (1998) and the other in Spartanburg (2000).

katstrapper
October 17th, 2011, 11:10 PM
UNI - Same

I have no problem with people overlooking SHSU. Our defense will carry us far if they continue on the path that they are playing right now. Run defense has been stellar.... pass defense has improved every week and gettting stronger.

The two games that worry me right now are McNeese St this weekend and NW St in a couple of weeks.

JMUNJ08
October 17th, 2011, 11:52 PM
If these 2 teams make the playoffs,they both have great QB-WR combos,solid D's and are UNDER the radar.You might not want to play either and have to explain WHY you lost.
LEHIGH and LIBERTY xtwocentsx

Would have to agree.....Two scary teams that are within the driving distance for JMU. Even if they were the road team at Bridgeforth, I would not be counting my chickens on Saturday morning....

T-Dog
October 18th, 2011, 02:07 AM
your balls would fall off and hide up your a## if they ever saw 10 below.

Heck, we see GSU fans do that every two years when they come to Boone. xlolx

I'll have picture proof in 12 days. xthumbsupx

GaSouthern
October 18th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Heck, we see GSU fans do that every two years when they come to Boone. xlolx

I'll have picture proof in 12 days. xthumbsupx

I'm expecting mid 70's so y'all better turn the heater on or something :D

ngineer
October 18th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Would have to agree.....Two scary teams that are within the driving distance for JMU. Even if they were the road team at Bridgeforth, I would not be counting my chickens on Saturday morning....

Someone who remembers "The Stand" at Goodman in 2004. I rematch would be excellent...plus we get to see your band!

asumike83
October 18th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I'm expecting mid 70's so y'all better turn the heater on or something :D

This Saturday, the forecast is calling for a high of 51 and a low of 33. Next Saturday should be about the same, that is some good football weather!

bjtheflamesfan
October 18th, 2011, 08:48 AM
youngterrier, sorry but Wofford, with a couple more losses between now and the time the playoffs start will not be hosting many playoff games....

oops!

Stick to your own team (and no Lehigh isnt your team...you may claim them to be, the Lehigh fans arent exactly claiming you with open arms...)...oh wait...your team is 1-4...

The Eagle's Cliff
October 18th, 2011, 09:10 AM
I actually worry about everyone, including Tusculum. With the exception of Presbyterian, the rest of our schedule is App, El Cid, Wofford, Alabama with only Citadel at Paulson. Alabama is a no-brainer and I hope we come away without major injury. App and Wofford losses can knock us down to the teens in the polls and put us on the road for the playoffs. Citadel is Jekyll and Hyde - I hope Hyde stays hidden.

I'm terrified of:
Chattanooga - Just the best team in the nation
Lehigh - Lum is the new McNair
Harvard - Good thing the Ivy Presidents don't want playoffs
Norfolk St. - Dominating the MEAC
Alabama St - Dominating the SWAC, good thing the SWAC has their championship game.

TheRevSFA
October 18th, 2011, 09:12 AM
I have no problem with people overlooking SHSU. Our defense will carry us far if they continue on the path that they are playing right now. Run defense has been stellar.... pass defense has improved every week and gettting stronger.

The two games that worry me right now are McNeese St this weekend and NW St in a couple of weeks.

You mean you aren't worried about Lamar? :D :D :D :D

Professor Chaos
October 18th, 2011, 09:18 AM
1) UNI - 3-4 defensive scheme that the Bison struggle against. Spread option offense that the Bison struggle against. Having said that last year the Bison O played brutal and was an offensive PI call away from sending the game to overtime.
2) Indiana St - Worries me because of their electric tailback and the fact that it is a road game the week after the UNI game against a team the Bison have traditionally dominated.... a.k.a. trap game for players unless they've been paying attention to how good the Trees have been this year.
3) Georgia Southern - A triple option offense this good is something my Bison have never seen... not sure how they'd react to it or play against it.
4) Montana St - Great team with a chip on their shoulder after the playoff game last year.
5) SDSU - They have nothing to lose and everything to gain in the Marker game this weekend. That worries me especially with UNI looming in the back of NDSU's collective minds.

Twentysix
October 18th, 2011, 10:29 AM
This Saturday, the forecast is calling for a high of 51 and a low of 33. Next Saturday should be about the same, that is some good football weather!

Youve got about 70 more degrees to go on your low before we can talk.

-48°F is the coldest its been in fargo, (Before windchill). I love the GSU experts on snow and cold xthumbsupx

That said I hope the low doesnt go below 25F all winter long.

asumike83
October 18th, 2011, 10:40 AM

-48°F is the coldest its been in fargo, (Before windchill). I love the GSU experts on snow and cold xthumbsupx

Yeah, I'm good on that -48! I think mid 30's to low 40's is perfect for an afternoon game. When we get home playoff games in mid to late November, there will usually be some snow and temperatures in the mid to high 20's but that is about as bad as it gets during football season, which is fine by me.

Twentysix
October 18th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I'm good on that -48! I think mid 30's to low 40's is perfect for an afternoon game. When we get home playoff games in mid to late November, there will usually be some snow and temperatures in the mid to high 20's but that is about as bad as it gets during football season, which is fine by me.

Last year when we were playing at EWU, it was -23F at noon in fargo.. I couldnt imagine a game at dacotah field....

Eaglesrus
October 18th, 2011, 10:45 AM

Yep, sounds about perfect to me, hope you're right.

JmuSkinsfan
October 18th, 2011, 11:50 AM
As a JMU fan, no one outside the CAA scares me. I want to beat who we have left on our schedule. URI doesn't scare me ... UNH doesn't really scare me ... ODU and UMass scare me. Outside the CAA, no team scares me. I have yet to see anyone that JMU cannot beat. GSU and Wofford run offenses that play into JMU's strengths on defense. App State has not beaten anyone of note and don't scare me this year. Maine scares me, since they already beat JMU, but I think JMU would win that game 3/4 times at Bridgeforth and if we meet in the playoffs I think it'll be at JMU. Montana State, NDSU and UNI are the only teams that worry em ... but that's mainly because I don't know too much about them and they have strong fan support (tough road games). So:

1) ODU
2) UMass
3) UNI
4) Montana State
5) NDSU
Bonus: Maine

Walkon79
October 18th, 2011, 12:08 PM

Was that Solomonson? Really didn't need to see him again. :(

Twentysix
October 18th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Was that Solomonson? Really didn't need to see him again. :(

Yeah thats him. 24-2-1 not to bad for a career as a coach.

boogereagle
October 18th, 2011, 01:10 PM

I nominate you to go take their cards ... :)

My top five
Tie: Wofford and APP State
Alabama: Yep, THE Alabama. I don't want any of the Eagles to get kilt in a game that really doesn't mean anything other than it is us and it is Bama. And kilt is kind of like getting killed, but worse.
3, 4, 5: The rest of our schedule, to include whoever we get in the playoffs.

And I do believe that the last time we played in a frozen hellhole like the one in the video we got our butts handed to us by the Grizzlies.

UNI Pike
October 18th, 2011, 01:50 PM
2) Indiana St - Worries me because of their electric tailback and the fact that it is a road game the week after the UNI game against a team the Bison have traditionally dominated.... a.k.a. trap game for players unless they've been paying attention to how good the Trees have been this year.

If the NDSU players don't understand that Bell (and his OLine) is better than any other combo they have faced YTD, they are fools. The guy was slicing us apart for the first half. Can't say for certain, but I believe that there were some adjustments being made at halftime that would have slowed him down some. Not saying we would have stopped him, just slowed him enough.

Fouch can start making bad decisions if they are relying on him to carry the team. It's like he doesn't see some defenders for one reason or another.

One advantage for NDSU is that IN ST's placekicker is an open question. I believe that their starting PK left the team after our game.

SpeedkingATL
October 18th, 2011, 01:57 PM
I'm most worried by:

Samford on 10/22
GaSo on 10/29
Furman on 11/5
WCU on 11/12 (just kidding)
Elon on 11/19

I'll worry about the playoffs if the Apps get there.

bjtheflamesfan
October 18th, 2011, 02:47 PM
bj, oh ok...so now there are new rules that you have to have received a degree from the college that you support as a fan?

you realize how ridiculous this sounds?

I actually am a true fan of 4 schools - 2 FBS and 2 FCS football teams. Of these four schools, I do not have a degree in 2 of them.

say, by the way, how did "your team" do against Lehigh this year?

They lost...Im not gonna deny that. Lehigh played very well that day and definite props to them on what has been a very good season (sorry if that isnt the response you wanted...see I have this archaic notion that you treat people with respect)

Professor Chaos
October 18th, 2011, 03:03 PM
If the NDSU players don't understand that Bell (and his OLine) is better than any other combo they have faced YTD, they are fools. The guy was slicing us apart for the first half. Can't say for certain, but I believe that there were some adjustments being made at halftime that would have slowed him down some. Not saying we would have stopped him, just slowed him enough.

Fouch can start making bad decisions if they are relying on him to carry the team. It's like he doesn't see some defenders for one reason or another.

One advantage for NDSU is that IN ST's placekicker is an open question. I believe that their starting PK left the team after our game.
I still think that game is a giant trap game for NDSU.... they'll be coming off two high intensity matchups against SDSU and UNI and I don't like the fact that they're going to Terra Haute the week after that to face a vastly improved InSU squad. The coaches can pound it in meetings and show film of Bell all week but seeing it in person and trying to stop it takes a mentality by the whole defense. I just get the feeling like NDSU's D is going to get caught a little flat-footed similar to how Taiwan Jones shredded us last year in the playoffs. I hope the offense gets a quick start to that game and the defensive staff is able to make the necessary adjustments in game to slow him down otherwise that game could be a massive letdown.

bjtheflamesfan
October 18th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Where do I personally attack you...I dont call you names, I call out the fact that you have a Princeton seal as your avatar and youre going on and on about a team that to my knowledge you have little to no connection to. As an additional aside, you have not earned any respect so why should I give something that hasnt been earned?

unigriff
October 18th, 2011, 03:05 PM
No team really scares me other than Woffords 20 RBs they seem to have over there. That wears down a defense easily. I'm rather excited to play any team! To be the best ya gotta beat the best, or at least for one game ya do.

phoenix3
October 18th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Elon x 5

bjtheflamesfan
October 18th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Come on over to Flamefans (http://www.flamefans.com) Im sure youll get an answer there

Do you need a degree from that college? Id say yes because you were a student there and completed your undergraduate education at that institution so Id say there wouldn't be a problem with being a fan of the school you graduated from
Do you need to have been accepted by that college? Id say no, because you can be accepted to an assortment of colleges but if that is your only connection then some of us would be fans of quite a few schools
Do you need to be a current student of that college? Id say yes...if you arent a fan of the school you go to...I cant even finish that...
Do you need to live nearby the college? Id say yes there. One of the things about Liberty is the fact that its the only Division I level program in Lynchburg. If you want another one you have to go to either UVa, Virginia Tech, VMI or Richmond (which are all a couple hours drive or so)
Do you need to have a relative that attends the college? That one can be a bit of a gray area...if its an immediate relative (brother, sister, son daughter, mother, father, grandparent, etc.) then Id say yes. If its a close but not immediate relative (uncle, aunt, first maybe second cousin), then Id say yes.

UIWWildthing
October 18th, 2011, 03:53 PM
William & Mary
Delaware
Maine
New Hampshire
Rhode Island

The Eagle's Cliff
October 18th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Save this post by "The Eagle's Cliff" in the event that Lehigh and GSU run into each other in the playoffs as Lehigh's QB Lum will pass for over 400 yards and 6 TD's in Lehigh's victory....

One thing's for sure - Lehigh will be in the playoffs because they don't have to play anyone decent the rest of the way.

eaglewraith
October 18th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Let's just see what Lehigh QB Lum does to GSU in the event that they play each other in the playoffs......

Bend over?

Walkon79
October 18th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Yeah thats him. 24-2-1 not to bad for a career as a coach.

He looked so young! Is he still kicking?

MSUBobcat
October 18th, 2011, 04:29 PM
huh?
how in the world can you possibly say that you know that I have no connection to Lehigh?

I don't know what your connection to Lehigh is, so can you explain it to me? Not trying to fan the flames, but you are talking Lehigh up all over these threads, so I'm just curious what that connection is... xdontknowx

Twentysix
October 18th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Come on over to Flamefans (http://www.flamefans.com) Im sure youll get an answer there

Do you need a degree from that college? Id say yes because you were a student there and completed your undergraduate education at that institution so Id say there wouldn't be a problem with being a fan of the school you graduated from
Do you need to have been accepted by that college? Id say no, because you can be accepted to an assortment of colleges but if that is your only connection then some of us would be fans of quite a few schools
Do you need to be a current student of that college? Id say yes...if you arent a fan of the school you go to...I cant even finish that...
Do you need to live nearby the college? Id say yes there. One of the things about Liberty is the fact that its the only Division I level program in Lynchburg. If you want another one you have to go to either UVa, Virginia Tech, VMI or Richmond (which are all a couple hours drive or so)
Do you need to have a relative that attends the college? That one can be a bit of a gray area...if its an immediate relative (brother, sister, son daughter, mother, father, grandparent, etc.) then Id say yes. If its a close but not immediate relative (uncle, aunt, first maybe second cousin), then Id say yes.

Wow i would totally disagree with everything you said here.

The entire BCS functions off exactly the opposite of what you answered every single one of these questions....

In no way shape or form do you need to be affilated with a college to like their athletics...

Alot of people are fans of a certain school and they never even finished HS, or if they did never went to college. Hell thats 94% of the SEC fanbase.

I know people from the fargo area that are fans of Texas or LSU etc. They never attended school there... neither did anyone they personally know. I dont question their fandom for that..

I realize the fan is a troll or w/e but he has the right to be a lehigh fan if he wants to be.

MSUBobcat
October 18th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Back to the thread topic:

1. Weber State - good team, playing in Ogden, and they always seem to play us tough.
2. Montana - Brawl of the Wild, need I say more; will hopefully be to wrap up undefeated conference (and FCS) play and a top 5 seed.
3. NDSU - seem to be playing strong again this season and definitely had our number in the playoffs last year.
4. GSU - consensus #1 team in the country has to make you a little nervous if you have to play them
5. Whoever we play 1st in the playoffs; even with a good team last year, we got run over at home; it would be good to get some momentum and confidence going to make a deep push into the postseason

MSUBobcat
October 18th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Msubobcat, sure no problem

but first, what is your connection to Montana State?

Ummm, my connection to MSU would probably be my bachelor's and master's degrees from the only college I've attended. But enough about me, back to the question...

Twentysix
October 18th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Ummm, my connection to MSU would probably be my bachelor's and master's degrees from the only college I've attended. But enough about me, back to the question...

When you were 17 were you a griz or a bobcat?

Cause Ive been a bison since I was one second old...:p

MSUBobcat
October 18th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Wow i would totally disagree with everything you said here.

The entire BCS functions off exactly the opposite of what you answered every single one of these questions....

In no way shape or form do you need to be affilated with a college to like their athletics...

Alot of people are fans of a certain school and they never even finished HS, or if they did never went to college. Hell thats 94% of the SEC fanbase.

I know people from the fargo area that are fans of Texas or LSU etc. They never attended school there... neither did anyone they personally know. I dont question their fandom for that..

I realize the fan is a troll or w/e but he has the right to be a lehigh fan if he wants to be.

I agree with your statement with regard to FBS schools, but since FCS's popularity among the general popularity is somewhat low, comparatively anyway, I think it makes sense to have some sort of connection to a school, i.e. you or relative went there, close proximity, something. With the FCS being somewhat of a niche market (would the average person know what division alot of the FCS schools play in?), there should be some reason that you support a school (other than, they have been successful recently).

Twentysix
October 18th, 2011, 05:21 PM
I agree with your statement with regard to FBS schools, but since FCS's popularity among the general popularity is somewhat low, comparatively anyway, I think it makes sense to have some sort of connection to a school, i.e. you or relative went there, close proximity, something. With the FCS being somewhat of a niche market (would the average person know what division alot of the FCS schools play in?), there should be some reason that you support a school (other than, they have been successful recently).

That may be the case in the east. But both North Dakota schools have loads of fans that did not attend either university. Im sure its exactly the same in Montana. And it's like that in Minnesota... even more so than in ND.

Its also been that way since before either ND school was FCS.... even as D2 they had fans that did not attend either school..

MSUBobcat
October 18th, 2011, 05:26 PM
When you were 17 were you a griz or a bobcat?

Cause Ive been a bison since I was one second old...:p

Actually, since I grew up in Mandan and my dad played baseball for UND, I was a Sioux, not a Bobcat or Griz. By virtue of my parents being transferred to Montana when I was 17, I lost my ND residency and gained MT residency, which in turn led me MSU. Given that ND residents have a sense of pride for the state as a whole, I somewhat follow both ND schools.

Twentysix
October 18th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Actually, since I grew up in Mandan and my dad played baseball for UND, I was a Sioux, not a Bobcat or Griz. By virtue of my parents being transferred to Montana when I was 17, I lost my ND residency and gained MT residency, which in turn led me MSU. Given that ND residents have a sense of pride for the state as a whole, I somewhat follow both ND schools.

A brave huh? Hmmm you should pm me when you would've graduated hs. I too grew up in morton county :P.

UNHFootballAlum
October 18th, 2011, 05:46 PM
As a JMU fan, no one outside the CAA scares me. I want to beat who we have left on our schedule. URI doesn't scare me ... UNH doesn't really scare me ... ODU and UMass scare me. Outside the CAA, no team scares me. I have yet to see anyone that JMU cannot beat. GSU and Wofford run offenses that play into JMU's strengths on defense. App State has not beaten anyone of note and don't scare me this year. Maine scares me, since they already beat JMU, but I think JMU would win that game 3/4 times at Bridgeforth and if we meet in the playoffs I think it'll be at JMU. Montana State, NDSU and UNI are the only teams that worry em ... but that's mainly because I don't know too much about them and they have strong fan support (tough road games). So:

1) ODU
2) UMass
3) UNI
4) Montana State
5) NDSU
Bonus: Maine

I am glad that UNH does not scare you, then you will not pay much attention to them when you play them in cold weather in NH

344Johnson
October 18th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Uh snow melts into water (when it touches bodies, Ie hand on football.) just like rain... then it instantly freezes in the wind...

I would think snow would be way worse.

Maybe hollywood snow with no wind at 32 degrees doesnt matter alot. Real snow would f it up.

In high school we ran the veer. Playing Qb in it was awful when it rained...your hands are numb and the ball gets slippery. Playing in snow...only did that a time or two and it was the hollywood 32 degrees snow...hands are still numb...ball is now rock hard and slippery, footing is awful. Luckily for GSU, there aren't many environments where they would have to deal with that now....mostly southern schools are in power and the northern schools have domes except MSU, UM, and the MVFC schools that play outside are in Indiana and Illinois and Brookings, SD.

My 5
SDSU- NDSU struggles with these guys
UNI- NDSU REALLY struggles with these guys
ISUb- Bell and Fouch are good
Wofford- Put a scare into Clemson
GSU- Triple-option is nearly unstoppable if qb reads well. (We should already know if NDSU ought to be scared but SOMEBODY backed out of an agreement)

ngineer
October 18th, 2011, 10:13 PM
One thing's for sure - Lehigh will be in the playoffs because they don't have to play anyone decent the rest of the way.

Colgate and Holy Cross are not chopped liver, and by November 19, Lafayette could have its act together...and even in that "EVENT" records mean little. A lot of 'big' FCS powers have taken us lightly over the years and paid for it (UNI, Western Illinois, Richmond) or escaped with their lives (UMass, JMU), so we actually like all the sniffling. (;-)

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2011, 10:16 PM

That's an uneducated response. At the very least Colgate and Holy Cross are decent. Any unbiased follower of FCS would say so much. Lafayette is also tough because of the rivalry factor.

crusader11
October 18th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Lehigh is better, but Holy Cross will give the Hawks everything they can handle.

If you want to do comparative scores, UNH beat Lehigh 48-41, and beat Holy Cross 39-32.

Strommer10
October 18th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Season:

1) UNI - I don't think much needs to be said here...big game for NDSU.
2) ISUb - On the road and with Bell at RB...
3) SDSU - Ignore the record. Its in Brookings and for the rock.

Playoffs (if qualified):

1) Georgia Southern - Would've loved to see them come to Fargo and play, but hopefully we'll see them in Frisco.
2) App St. - I wouldn't want to play them in Boone. Close tie to Wofford.
3) Wofford - Stout offense. Again, don't think I would want to catch them on the road.

Agree with this 100%.

Terrierforlife
October 18th, 2011, 11:08 PM
youngterrier, sorry but Wofford, with a couple more losses between now and the time the playoffs start will not be hosting many playoff games....

oops!

A couple more losses? We've loss one game this year by 8 pts. to the #8 team in the country. There will be no more.

Twentysix
October 18th, 2011, 11:10 PM
A couple more losses? We've loss one game this year by 8 pts. to the #8 team in the country. There will be no more.

Not even nov 12? Or maybe in december?

FargoBison
October 18th, 2011, 11:35 PM
SDSU
UNI
ISU Blue
YSU
WIU

Are the only teams I'm concerned with right now.

bjtheflamesfan
October 19th, 2011, 08:33 AM
I think he meant in the regular season...

THE HERD
October 19th, 2011, 10:57 AM

I am hoping for a whole lot of rain and or snow down in Indiana when we play in a couple weeks. My list: 1) UNI 2)ISUb 3)The Bunnies 4)Mont.St. 5)G. South. or Wofford

jmufan999
October 19th, 2011, 11:17 AM
I am glad that UNH does not scare you, then you will not pay much attention to them when you play them in cold weather in NH

Couple of things here (to anyone just reading this, UNHFootballAlum was responding to another poster, not me):

1. It's not like JMU is in South Florida. It gets very chilly in VA. Obviously not as cold as it is in NH, but still quite chilly.
2. It's not like NH is the North Pole.
3. This game is 17 days, it's not on February 1st. Accuweather shows the forecast as a relatively pleasant 54 degrees. http://www.accuweather.com/us/nh/durham/03824/forecast-month.asp
4. Even if it is cold/windy/snowy/rainy/whatever, that really benefits us more than it does you. We're running no matter what, you're passing no matter what. The ball gets really slippery when it's cold which makes it tough on QB and receiver. It also makes big hits hurt that much more (and we have a defense loaded with big hitters). We could obviously fumble as well in those conditions, but I'd take a cold or windy day in a heartbeat (or especially rain; we rarely lose in the rain). You guys should be rooting for a 75 degree day with plenty of sunshine.
5. I'm not quite as confident as JMUSkinsFan, because you guys could definitely win. But I just watched the UNH-WM game and you'll need to tackle far, far better than you did against them, otherwise your defense will be on the field all day. If you're playing with a lead for a good portion of the game, you have a great chance. Your RT will need to show up as well, because he was invisible the entire game against W&M (or should I say he was VERY visible; O-linemen usually want to be invisible, I guess). My point is that he was getting abused all game.
6. I reserve the right to change any of my opinions after 2 more weeks of CAA play. :)

Doc QB
October 19th, 2011, 12:10 PM
ALL the playoff teams would scare me...mostly because they all have earned the right to play in the post-season with regular season success, and if you are a PL league fan, you have to worry that teams from power conferences may be a little more battled tested (and maybe a little more banged up, too). Also, those same teams historically have some more depth than us, such that while Lehigh's first 22 match up well, in the past, late in the game we were exposed and teams pulled away from us.

Two that really stand out to me as scary are GSU and Wofford because of their flexbone/powerbone/wishbone/whateverbone running attack. We wont see that particular attack with that play-off caliber speed all year. Not saying we would automatically lose to them or automatically beat any other, I just would rather see a tough CAA team with a more balanced attack that I personally think we would match up better with and have a chance.

Either way, I hope we get in, play well and work toward building a national rep with some consistent and improved playoff success....

...and scholarships would be nice too, but that is obviously a thread beaten to death.

HailSzczur
October 19th, 2011, 12:15 PM

I don't buy the cold weather thing either, not after seeing the way UNH played in snow down here during the 2009 playoffs.

Twentysix
October 19th, 2011, 01:18 PM
I think he meant in the regular season...

Nov 12 is against georgia southern.

FurmanWins!!
October 19th, 2011, 03:04 PM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2788/img0117rt.jpg

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 19th, 2011, 03:34 PM

Good thing for us JmuSkinsfan doesn't play for the Dukes! ;)

TheBisonator
October 19th, 2011, 04:16 PM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2788/img0117rt.jpg

That is a WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, professionally done Photoshop job.

UNHFootballAlum
October 19th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Good thing for us JmuSkinsfan doesn't play for the Dukes! ;)

Good thing

UNHFootballAlum
October 19th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Couple of things here (to anyone just reading this, UNHFootballAlum was responding to another poster, not me):

1. It's not like JMU is in South Florida. It gets very chilly in VA. Obviously not as cold as it is in NH, but still quite chilly. It gets hot in the summer in NH too, but not as hot and humid as Virginia and that does have an impact on players as does the cold weather. Wind has an effect on the passing game. Cold does not have a great effect.
2. It's not like NH is the North Pole.
3. This game is 17 days, it's not on February 1st. Accuweather shows the forecast as a relatively pleasant 54 degrees. http://www.accuweather.com/us/nh/durham/03824/forecast-month.asp
4. Even if it is cold/windy/snowy/rainy/whatever, that really benefits us more than it does you. We're running no matter what, you're passing no matter what. The ball gets really slippery when it's cold which makes it tough on QB and receiver. It also makes big hits hurt that much more (and we have a defense loaded with big hitters). We could obviously fumble as well in those conditions, but I'd take a cold or windy day in a heartbeat (or especially rain; we rarely lose in the rain). You guys should be rooting for a 75 degree day with plenty of sunshine. Cold won't bother UNH's passing game. Wind does have an impact
5. I'm not quite as confident as JMUSkinsFan, because you guys could definitely win. But I just watched the UNH-WM game and you'll need to tackle far, far better than you did against them, otherwise your defense will be on the field all day. If you're playing with a lead for a good portion of the game, you have a great chance. Your RT will need to show up as well, because he was invisible the entire game against W&M (or should I say he was VERY visible; O-linemen usually want to be invisible, I guess). My point is that he was getting abused all game. We will need to tackle better for sure. The RT was a back-up as the normal RT has mono and will be back by the JMU game
6. I reserve the right to change any of my opinions after 2 more weeks of CAA play. :) I am not saying that UNH will win, but the fact that UNH doesn't scare JMU says to me that you believe that game is already in the win column

eaglewraith
October 19th, 2011, 05:41 PM
That is a WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, professionally done Photoshop job.

I take it you've seen a few shops in your time.

Brad82
October 19th, 2011, 05:57 PM
2 things scare me-1. Rhody may upset one team and ruin someone's playoff chances.
2. Rhody's final record will be frightening.

leatherneck177
October 20th, 2011, 02:32 PM
UNI - Same

Western? The past 4 years have been two close losses for the Necks in Macomb and two wins for the Necks in Fargo. Doesn't seem to matter how either team is, it has always been a great game.

Cat79
October 21st, 2011, 09:25 AM
You mean you aren't worried about Lamar? :D :D :D :D

Sammy State had better be worried about everyone still on their schedule including Texas State. We have plans to put an L on them in San Marcos.:D

Appaholic
October 21st, 2011, 09:45 AM
UT Chattanooga
UT Chattanooga
UT Chattanooga
UT Chattanooga
UT Chattanooga

....I know, we've already played and beaten them for the upteenth year in a row....and I know they have no realistic chance of making the playoffs.....but Coleman's presence alone in our conference strikes me and other fans' with sheer TERROR....

UT-C & Coleman: "Feared throughout the land...."xlolx http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/26722784672974006242.jpg

GaSouthern
October 21st, 2011, 11:24 AM
I think Chattanooga is still undefeated in games played on paper.

jmufan999
October 21st, 2011, 12:45 PM
I am not saying that UNH will win, but the fact that UNH doesn't scare JMU says to me that you believe that game is already in the win column

My exact quote was "I'm not quite as confident as JMUSkinsFan, because you guys could definitely win." It's really irrelevant anyway; we're all just fans and our confidence or lack thereof has no bearing on the outcome. It's possible that we'll both still be in the CAA title hunt at that point, both teams will be up for this game.

That's good that your RT will be back... it's a killer when you're missing an OT. We've been much luckier this year with injuries to our o-line than last year.

james_lawfirm
October 21st, 2011, 01:15 PM
Anyone! Anytime! Anywhere!
As for the playoffs if we make it.....I would not want to play us....Go APPS!

Now, there's an interesting concept. If App played itself, who'd win?

james_lawfirm
October 21st, 2011, 01:24 PM

Y'all aren't comparing apples to apples. Temps here in the east don't feel the same as those out west. Out there, it's so dry, it does not feel as cold as it does here. In the east, even in Boone, sub-zero temps include moisture (frozen or not, it's there) & it FEELS colder. I experienced -32 degrees (not incl. the 50 mph winds) in the early 1980s in Boone, & that was something else.

BION, the coldest I think I've ever been was down in Wilmington, NC & it was about 30 degrees ABOVE 0! The wind & dampness made things unbearable.

Don't know exactly why the difference in the way the weather feels with or without moisture, but it's real.

I think you fellers from SD need to come to Boone soon.

Ginsbach
October 22nd, 2011, 01:11 AM
Y'all aren't comparing apples to apples. Temps here in the east don't feel the same as those out west. Out there, it's so dry, it does not feel as cold as it does here. In the east, even in Boone, sub-zero temps include moisture (frozen or not, it's there) & it FEELS colder. I experienced -32 degrees (not incl. the 50 mph winds) in the early 1980s in Boone, & that was something else.

BION, the coldest I think I've ever been was down in Wilmington, NC & it was about 30 degrees ABOVE 0! The wind & dampness made things unbearable.

Don't know exactly why the difference in the way the weather feels with or without moisture, but it's real.

The record low for Boone, NC is -24F, set in 1985.

The record low for Fargo, ND is -48F, set in 1887.

That being said, Fargo is, on average is colder in the winter (an average low of 0F in January) than Boone (an average low of 21F in January) and also warmer in the summer (an average high of 82F in July) than Boone (an average high of 79F in July).

Boone has also never been warmer than 100F (the record high is 93F) whereas Fargo's record high is 114F and has gotten warmer than 100F in April, May, June, July, August, and September. Fargo's record high for October is 93F, which is as hot as Boone has ever been.

Of course, I've been somewhere colder than both of those.

Strommer10
October 22nd, 2011, 02:29 AM
The record low for Boone, NC is -24F, set in 1985.

The record low for Fargo, ND is -48F, set in 1887.

That being said, Fargo is, on average is colder in the winter (an average low of 0F in January) than Boone (an average low of 21F in January) and also warmer in the summer (an average high of 82F in July) than Boone (an average high of 79F in July).

Boone has also never been warmer than 100F (the record high is 93F) whereas Fargo's record high is 114F and has gotten warmer than 100F in April, May, June, July, August, and September. Fargo's record high for October is 93F, which is as hot as Boone has ever been.

Of course, I've been somewhere colder than both of those.

If you're comparing weather, look no further than to our "Title"...

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/01/fargo-wins-title-as-americas-toughest-weather-city/

Strommer10
October 22nd, 2011, 02:32 AM
Now, there's an interesting concept. If App played itself, who'd win?

This is one thing I did not think of when I was making my list. If we don't let us beat ourselves, we will give ourselves a great chance at winning every game we play.

veinup
October 22nd, 2011, 04:57 PM
i remember when Montana would've made some of these lists. sigh.

my personal answer: MSU.

Hammerhead
October 22nd, 2011, 05:44 PM
I lived in North Dakota and northern Minnesota for 28 years and have lived in Oregon for the last 15 years. I'll take the rainy, windy weather with temps around freezing over the frigid cold of the northern plains. Ever had your eyelashes freeze together walking across campus?

TheBisonator
October 22nd, 2011, 05:56 PM
On the average coldest day of the year (in mid-January):

Boone, NC - High 41 Low 20
Fargo, ND - High 18 Low -1

TheBisonator
October 22nd, 2011, 05:59 PM
I lived in North Dakota and northern Minnesota for 28 years and have lived in Oregon for the last 15 years. I'll take the rainy, windy weather with temps around freezing over the frigid cold of the northern plains. Ever had your eyelashes freeze together walking across campus?

I'll also take rain and 30's too, please. That's why I LOVE living in Toronto. They never have the winter cold here that THREATENS YOUR LIFE.

If anyone has ever lived in Fargo, you'll know about the emergency announcements that they give over the TV/Radio: They literally ORDER people to STAY INSIDE THEIR HOUSES, otherwise, they run the risk of DYING. There will literally be emergency announcements saying like: 'The National Weather Service is predicting overnight lows to go under -40 tonight. Police and emergency officials are ordering citizens to stay in their homes for their safety. Do not go outside and run errands, or for any other reason."

I lived in Fargo from 2003-2010, I remember this happening at least on three occasions.

There are stories every winter of police/highway patrol finding cars on the side of the road with frozen corpses in them.

melloware13
October 22nd, 2011, 06:06 PM
2 things scare me-1. Rhody may upset one team and ruin someone's playoff chances.
2. Rhody's final record will be frightening.

Well, 1 happened today.

For Delaware at this point, I'd say:
1. Towson - they're on a roll, and the past few meetings have been quite one-sided
2. Villanova - 6 in a row against us, and the Hens seem down for the count
3. Richmond - see the second part for Nova

X-Factor
October 22nd, 2011, 06:37 PM

Or even Oct 22?

Apphole
October 22nd, 2011, 06:38 PM
On the average coldest day of the year (in mid-January):

Boone, NC - High 41 Low 20
Fargo, ND - High 18 Low -1

There is no way the low in January is 20 in Boone

Ginsbach
October 22nd, 2011, 06:48 PM
There is no way the low in January is 20 in Boone

You're right. It's 21F. :P

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/28607

TheRevSFA
October 22nd, 2011, 10:35 PM
If Sam isn't on your list..they should be.

HailSzczur
October 22nd, 2011, 10:35 PM
If Sam isn't on your list..they should be.

Or Maine

Squealofthepig
October 22nd, 2011, 10:38 PM
You're right. It's 21F. :P

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/28607

TIL it never gets above 93 in Boone. Cool!

AppMAN04
October 23rd, 2011, 02:17 AM
TIL it never gets above 93 in Boone. Cool!

Nope! Perfect weather all the time