PDA

View Full Version : Colonial Clash UNH vs UMass

UNHFan
October 17th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Anyone have info on how ticket sales are doing? also whats the tail gating situation?

AGS Members let me know who is going... My crew will be 5 strong Club Seating UNH side Sec CL29 can't wait!

Brad82
October 17th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Border war !!
Throw out all the records for this one!

Mattymc727
October 17th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Just got word from my boys at UNH that the tickets are sold out. My friend stood in line for 3 hours

Wildcat80
October 17th, 2011, 02:56 PM
I ordered Club Level seats early this year. GO UNH!!!!!

Minuteman87
October 17th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Just got word from my boys at UNH that the tickets are sold out. My friend stood in line for 3 hours

It's a 69,000 seat stadium. It would be amazing if it sold out for a FCS game, but I doubt it. If you go to http://www.gillettestadium.com it appears as if you can still buy tickets. You might not get premium seats (I bought mine late last year and was stuck in the corner) but it would still be worth it. Hope to see all you UNH fans there (my tickets came as part of the UMass season ticket package). This might be the last times the teams play for a while! If recent history is anything to go by, UMass will either win a squeaker or UNH will win in a blowout.

UNHFan
October 17th, 2011, 06:10 PM
If its a sell out its because the upper section is closed like last year

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 17th, 2011, 07:02 PM
If the lower bowl, end zones and club seats are sold out, then last year's attendance will be exceeded. And why wouldn't they then sell tickets in the upper sections?

Mattymc727
October 17th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I was trying to get a student ticket discount (i dont go to UNH). So that might just mean they ran out of alotted tickets for students only. I got word however that 300 more are being made available on Wednesday so im crossing my fingers. Student tickets I believe were 10 bucks, while general admission was 25 plus a 10 dollar fee. So Im just trying to save money. I highly doubt gillette is actually sold out already.

NHwildEcat
October 19th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I just picked up a pair of free tickets thanks to WHEB! So I will be heading down there with a buddy of mine!

WrenFGun
October 19th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I'll be there as well. I think right around the 50 this year after being in the EndZone last year. Looking forward to it, had a great time last year.

jmufan999
October 19th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Does anyone have any comments about the game itself? X's, O's, strategy, anything?

Maroon&White
October 19th, 2011, 01:01 PM
UNH will go deep often and embarrass UMass.

Wildcat80
October 19th, 2011, 02:33 PM
From UNH game notes......did not know about TV ratings. Very nice!

"The inaugural Colonial Clash saw a CAA-record crowd of 32,848 attend the Wildcats' win over the Minutemen on Oct. 23, 2010. The CSN-NE telecast pulled in a 0.88 rating, making the Clash the highest-rated TV event in league history."

Minuteman87
October 19th, 2011, 03:41 PM
UNH will go deep often and embarrass UMass
Maybe a few weeks ago ... Viveiros, Tharp, Lee, St. Vil, all DBs who missed games with injury earlier his season appear to be healthy. Make no mistake, they will all have to play at the top of their games to beat UNH, but I feel much better about the secondary now than I did after the URI game. It would nice if Julmiste took another KO to the house too. Need J-Hern to gash UNH like he did a couple years ago out in Amherst (the game that came down to the final play with a UMass int in the end zone). UMass also has to stop those stupid effing penalties. I feel better about this team after the Delaware game though.

LeadBolt
October 19th, 2011, 03:49 PM
UNH avoids turnovers and holds on to the ball this week and 500+ yards turns into 35+ points on the way to a narrow victory.

Maroon&White
October 19th, 2011, 04:32 PM
UNH - Throw deep and watch the UMass DB's commit pass interference. They refuse to look for the ball and just run into the WR.

Wildcat80
October 19th, 2011, 06:41 PM
UNH - Throw deep and watch the UMass DB's commit pass interference. They refuse to look for the ball and just run into the WR.

Sounds good to me. Hope Decker is ON!

theUofNH09
October 19th, 2011, 07:23 PM
According to Chad Graff of the Union Leader Twitter account----

#UNH has sold out of all 2,250 student tickets allotted for the #UMass game at Gillete. They received 750 today -- they were gone in 3 hrs.

Not sure if that's 2,250 or 3,000 total sold, but decent showing either way.

Steve81
October 19th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Read on the UMassHoops site the UMass Student Buses are full. Last year the Club Seating were sold out weeks before the game. Looked on Ticketmaster and there are still Club house seats available.

Jackman
October 20th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Comment on the game itself? Many, many points will be scored this day. And turnovers may outnumber punts.

UNH72Plus
October 20th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Maybe a few weeks ago ... Viveiros, Tharp, Lee, St. Vil, all DBs who missed games with injury earlier his season appear to be healthy. Make no mistake, they will all have to play at the top of their games to beat UNH, but I feel much better about the secondary now than I did after the URI game. It would nice if Julmiste took another KO to the house too. Need J-Hern to gash UNH like he did a couple years ago out in Amherst (the game that came down to the final play with a UMass int in the end zone). UMass also has to stop those stupid effing penalties. I feel better about this team after the Delaware game though.

You just had to mention that game didn't you? Hernandez played out of his head that day. Is he all recovered from his injury last week?

DrG
October 20th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Hernandez played the 4th quarter at Delaware so I assume he'll be OK. I will miss this rivalry. We don't have any where we're going, and a long-dormant basketball rivalry with Temple doesn't count.