38 Albany Great Danes 21
39 Coastal Carolina Chanticleers 20
40 Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles 18

bjtheflamesfan
October 17th, 2011, 11:26 AM
did you get my PM?

DJKyR0
October 17th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Gah, just missed the deadline. Now I'm out of the running for the super-awesome prize. :(

WileECoyote06
October 17th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Good job guys and gals!

bjtheflamesfan
October 17th, 2011, 11:34 AM
And now for the weekly flogging of my ballot (after a week away due to traveling back from meeting my gf's family):

1: Georgia Southern Eagles
2: Wofford Terriers
3: Northern Iowa Panthers
4: Montana State Bobcats
5: North Dakota State Bison
6: Sam Houston State Bearkats
7: Appalachian State Mountaineers
8: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
9: Montana Grizzlies
10: James Madison Dukes
11: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
12: Indiana State Sycamores
13: Maine Black Bears
14: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
15: New Hampshire Wildcats
16: Towson Tigers
17: Sacramento State Hornets
18: Richmond Spiders
19: South Dakota Coyotes
20: Liberty Flames
21: Norfolk State Spartans
22: McNeese State Cowboys
23: North Dakota Fighting Sioux
24: William & Mary Tribe
25: Chattanooga Mocs

Reign of Terrier
October 17th, 2011, 11:40 AM
The only thing I can say about this poll (I don't vote, I like to criticize instead :p ) is that Towson probably needs to be a little higher and that there is a big discrepancy between #10 and the rest of the poll (with the exception of Towson of course), but overall I'd say it's a good poll this weekxthumbsupx

GATA_Eagles
October 17th, 2011, 11:45 AM
2: Northern Iowa Panthers
3: North Dakota State Bison
5: Wofford Terriers
7: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
8: Maine Black Bears
9: Appalachian State Mountaineers
11: New Hampshire Wildcats
12: Montana Grizzlies
13: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
14: Towson Tigers
15: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
16: William & Mary Tribe
17: Indiana State Sycamores
19: Norfolk State Spartans
20: North Dakota Fighting Sioux
21: Liberty Flames
22: Illinois State Redbirds
23: Central Arkansas Bears
24: Samford Bulldogs

Few discrepancies...but fairly close

ursus arctos horribilis
October 17th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Here's where the votes came from this week:

Big Sky Conference 7
Big South Conference 3
Colonial Athletic Association 28
Great West Conference 8
Independant 1
Ivy League 2
Mid-Eastern Athletic conference 2
Missouri Valley Football Conference 14
Northeast Conference 2
Ohio Valley Conference 3
Patriot League 10
Pioneer Football Conference 0
Southern Conference 18
Southland Conference 3
Southwestern Athletic Conference 1

NDB
October 17th, 2011, 11:52 AM
/obligatory UND has 1 win against a Division I scholarship team, USD has 2 comment/

FargoBison
October 17th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I would love to hear why USD is ahead of Ill State. USD lost to Ill St 28-3 this weekend and had just over a 100 yards of total offense. Both have the same record but USD has two non-DI wins.

Pard4Life
October 17th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Well, the PL is the fourth most active conference... surprised, and that the SoCon only has 18.

I have every team in the poll except Alabama St. (Brown instead).

Side Judge
October 17th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Out of curiosity, why do some folks rank Chatty (3-4, including a loss to The Citadel) higher than Samford (4-2, only losses to Georgia Southern and Wofford)?

chattownmocs
October 17th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Out of curiosity, why do some folks rank Chatty (3-4, including a loss to The Citadel) higher than Samford (4-2, only losses to Georgia Southern and Wofford)?

Chattanooga also has a win over Jacksonville State...And is just plain better than Samford, the real question is, how is Chattanooga not one of the top 25 teams in the country?

bluehenbillk
October 17th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Looks good, Lehigh at 7 is probably a notch or two or three too high, but otherwise well done.

bluehenbillk
October 17th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Hmm Chatty sitting at 26 with 4 losses and EWU nowhere to be found?

Side Judge
October 17th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Chattanooga also has a win over Jacksonville State...And is just plain better than Samford, the real question is, how is Chattanooga not one of the top 25 teams in the country?

But at what point in the season do results trump opinion? Jacksonville State's a good win, but so are Samford's conference wins over Furman and Elon...

HensRock
October 17th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Chatty's losses to GSU and Appy both real close and both on the road.
UNH is the ONLY team Lehigh has played - and UNH won.
So why is Lehigh ranked so much higher than UNH?
And by the way... I think this poll has UNH over-rated, so Lehigh at #7 is a complete joke!

chattownmocs
October 17th, 2011, 12:23 PM
But at what point in the season do results trump opinion? Jacksonville State's a good win, but so are Samford's conference wins over Furman and Elon...

Well, Jacksonville State is ranked 14th. So obviously, alot of people dont think those wins are anywhere close to as good.And they also might be a little bit swayed by Chattanooga's 2 losses on the road against top 7 teams by a combined 3. See some people want to truly get the best 25 teams and not solely look at wins as if there is no difference in getting blown off the field and coming up just short when judging the quality of a team.

Gringer1
October 17th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Well, Jacksonville State is ranked 14th. So obviously, alot of people dont think those wins are anywhere close to as good.And they also might be a little bit swayed by Chattanooga's 2 losses on the road against top 7 teams by a combined 3. See some people want to truly get the best 25 teams and not solely look at wins as if there is no difference in getting blown off the field and coming up just short when judging the quality of a team.

Something tells me that you will take whatever side of an argument most benefits UTC.

asknoquarter21
October 17th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I think this week's poll should be looked at in tiers

Tier 1
GSU
UNI
MSU
Wofford
NDSU

Tier 2
Lehigh
Sam Houston State
App State
Maine

Tier 3
10-17 is essentially the CAA contenders with Jax St, ISU, and Montana mixed in somewhere.

If a poll has that basic set up it is pretty good up to this point.

The drop off starts after #17 IMO

frozennorth
October 17th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Illinois state has 2 close road losses, a respectable road loss to a top 5 team, and four wins, three of them blowouts, including one over a currently ranked team. I think they should be getting more consideration than they are.

Edit: With three remaining homegames, they might even have a shot at sneaking into the playoffs.

jhanel
October 17th, 2011, 12:40 PM
xpissedx Sucks, could not do the poll this week! Ain't work a female dog!

FargoBison
October 17th, 2011, 12:42 PM

Tier 1
GSU
UNI
MSU
Wofford
NDSU

Tier 2
Lehigh
Sam Houston State
App State
Maine

Tier 3
10-17 is essentially the CAA contenders with Jax St, ISU, and Montana mixed in somewhere.

That looks pretty solid.

gasoutherneagle
October 17th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I've had Chatty-Kathy out for two weeks now. WHY, I'm wondering, IS SAMFORD NOT IN THIS WEEK?!?! Come on, folks. These boys are in the SoCon and holding their own! Two loses early, to TOP TEN opponents should not be all that damaging.

jmufan999
October 17th, 2011, 01:11 PM
ha!

not surprised

not surprised at all

What are you not surprised about? That the top CAA team is #8?

Twentysix
October 17th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Illinois state has 2 close road losses, a respectable road loss to a top 5 team, and four wins, three of them blowouts, including one over a currently ranked team. I think they should be getting more consideration than they are.

Edit: With three remaining homegames, they might even have a shot at sneaking into the playoffs.

I doubt isur goes any better than 2-2 to finish the season.

If they go 3-1 no matter who the loss is to, they will probably get a playoff bid or be very close to one.

UNH Fanboi
October 17th, 2011, 01:13 PM
and, yes, Lehigh lost to UNH in OVERTIME on a game ending interception thrown by Chris Lum

Fixed it for you.

gasoutherneagle
October 17th, 2011, 01:14 PM
What are you not surprised about? That the top CAA team is #8?

I think it's that so many CAA fans are voting members as opposed to the other conferences. Whatayagonnado?

FargoBison
October 17th, 2011, 01:14 PM
I doubt isur goes any better than 2-2 to finish the season.

If they go 3-1 no matter who the loss is to, they will probably get a playoff bid or be very close to one.

It wouldn't shock me at all if they beat ISUB this weekend. Their defense is very stout, especially at home.

Not sure what happened to them vs EIU but they seem to have gotten their act together.

Twentysix
October 17th, 2011, 01:17 PM
It wouldn't shock me at all if they beat ISUB this weekend. Their defense is very stout, especially at home.

Not sure what happened to them vs EIU but they seem to have gotten their act together.

Imo the last 4 matter more than the first 4.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 17th, 2011, 01:17 PM
ha!

not surprised

not surprised at all

So would it surprise you to see that those voters are not biased toward their conference and in fact less so than most of the other conferences voters?

UNH Fanboi
October 17th, 2011, 01:21 PM
UNH Fanboi, shouldn't you adjust your signature schedule to show the UNH LOSS to William and Mary?

Thanks for the reminder. Glad we're in agreement about the Lehigh game.

Fear the Bird
October 17th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Is TheFan and ChattownMocs the same person?

Fear the Bird
October 17th, 2011, 01:25 PM
For the Bird, oh look, it appears that you are also in denial

it appears that you haven't adjusted your signature schedule for the LOSS against unranked UMass:

Sure about that bro?

ASUMountaineer
October 17th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Well, I have missed a few polls and am trying to get my groove back. With that said, here is my poll--rip it as you must.

3: Montana State Bobcats
4: Wofford Terriers
6: Appalachian State Mountaineers
7: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
8: Sam Houston State Bearkats
9: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
10: Maine Black Bears
11: James Madison Dukes
12: Montana Grizzlies
13: William & Mary Tribe
17: Richmond Spiders
18: Indiana State Sycamores
20: North Dakota Fighting Sioux
21: Old Dominion Monarchs
22: Chattanooga Mocs
23: Alabama State Hornets
24: Jackson State Tigers
25: Central Arkansas Bears

Reign of Terrier
October 17th, 2011, 01:30 PM
ha!

after two days of denial, "Fear the Bird" finally changes his signature schedule to show the Delaware LOSS to unranked UMass when he is reminded of his denial state of mind...

ouch!...you are now showing 3 losses

how is that working out for you?

When Lehigh doesn't make it pass the first round (as usual) will you stop talking.

Gosh I hate having to degrade a team's accomplishments because one fans has to constantly talk smack and inflate them, otherwise I would be counter-trolling you right now

Reign of Terrier
October 17th, 2011, 01:33 PM
when you say "as usual", you do remember that Lehigh made it to the 2nd round last year, don't you?

If you want to count the play-in games as the first round (and that's probably the technical term for them) then yes, I remember they beat UNI in a play-in game only to lose to Delaware, the equivalent of losing in the first round any other year of the playoffs. Still irrelevant either way.

oops.

Fear the Bird
October 17th, 2011, 01:33 PM
ha!

after two days of denial, "Fear the Bird" finally changes his signature schedule to show the Delaware LOSS to unranked UMass when he is reminded of his denial state of mind...

ouch!...you are now showing 3 losses

how is that working out for you?

About the same it worked out for you whem you played a real team in Newark in December and earlier this year

UMass isnt eligible to be ranked but i wouldnt expect you to bring facts

molly
October 17th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Delaware LOSS to unranked UMass

Do you realize that UMASS isn't eligible to be ranked in the AGS poll?

Fear the Bird
October 17th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Do you realize that UMASS isn't eligible to be ranked in the AGS poll?

Of course he doesnt realize that

Fear the Bird
October 17th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Feat the Bird, again

how are those 3 LOSSES working out for you?

must hurt, eh?

any chance that Delaware will not make the playoffs this year?

oops!

I dont know why you keep repeating yourself im obviously well aware we have 3 losses to a top 10 team, FBS and FBS transitional but never claimed to be world beaters

The answer of course is win out or no chance at playoffs

Side Judge
October 17th, 2011, 01:54 PM
If you want to count the play-in games as the first round (and that's probably the technical term for them) then yes, I remember they beat UNI in a play-in game only to lose to Delaware, the equivalent of losing in the first round any other year of the playoffs. Still irrelevant either way.

oops.

To be fair that play-in win at the UNIDome is nothing to sneeze at...

Southsider
October 17th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Ya know, a lot of people on this board need to grow up. All this garbage about polls, who should or should not be considered, who plays or doesn't play a good schedule, is just bunk! Anyone who truly enjoys the college game, knows that at all levels, there are some tremendous players, and that no matter who is on your schedule, you need to line up and play. I recommend we just take it all in, and cherish the games and performances we see week in and week out. Whether I am watching Lehigh, the CAA game of the week, or the big boys, there is nothing like Saturdays' in the fall!!

Reign of Terrier
October 17th, 2011, 02:10 PM
To be fair that play-in win at the UNIDome is nothing to sneeze at...

true true, but still, that UNI team was 7-4 if I'm not mistaken, not nearly as good as UNI teams of the past or currently

LEHIGH61
October 17th, 2011, 02:18 PM
UNH-Lehigh The TIE that the blind referee decided! Touchdown instead of 2nd and 10 at the 25.

LEHIGH61
October 17th, 2011, 02:20 PM
And , of course that UNI team is ranked 2ND this year

TheValleyRaider
October 17th, 2011, 02:25 PM
true true, but still, that UNI team was 7-4 if I'm not mistaken, not nearly as good as UNI teams of the past or currently

UNI was also the MVFC champs that year, it's not like they squeezed into the playoffs as an extra at-large. Let's not completely undersell Lehigh's playoff win last year. Losing at UD was nothing to sneeze at either, given that team very nearly won the whole darn thing

LUHawker
October 17th, 2011, 02:50 PM
When Lehigh doesn't make it pass the first round (as usual) will you stop talking.

Gosh I hate having to degrade a team's accomplishments because one fans has to constantly talk smack and inflate them, otherwise I would be counter-trolling you right now

While I always like support for my team from other fans, you do realize that TheFan is a Princeton guy, right?

bjtheflamesfan
October 17th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Its the only way he can be anything resembling relevant (since Princeton isnt exactly at the forefront of the Ivy League in particular or the FCS landscape in general...)

URMite
October 17th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Is TheFan and ChattownMocs the same person?

He got his BS as ChattownMocs and his MS as LakesBison before his PHD as TheFan...

At least, that is how it appears from the style of his posts.

THE HERD
October 17th, 2011, 03:38 PM

This.

darell1976
October 17th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Another week in the polls!!! #22--hopefully going up WHEN we beat Cal Poly!!xnodx

NDB
October 17th, 2011, 03:41 PM
That would give UND TWO wins over Division I scholarship teams only 8 weeks into the season. That would definitely merit ranking in the top 25...

darell1976
October 17th, 2011, 03:44 PM
That would give UND TWO wins over Division I scholarship teams only 8 weeks into the season. That would definitely merit ranking in the top 25...

Seeing UND is ranked in 3 polls...4 if you include the poll on CS. Some people think UND deserves to be in the top 25.

Thundar
October 17th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Seeing UND is ranked in 3 polls...4 if you include the poll on CS. Some people think UND deserves to be in the top 25.

Just goes to show how bad the bottom from 15 to 50 really are

darell1976
October 17th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Just goes to show how bad the bottom from 15 to 50 really are

I wouldn't say bad. In 2006 NDSU went from 19 to 17 by beating Concordia-St. Paul. I guess its what you make the polls out to be. They can be helpful....or just full of crap.

NDB
October 17th, 2011, 04:22 PM
At this time during NDSU's 2006 season, the Bison were undefeated, had beaten 5 DI scholarship squads including Ball State, and were enroute to going 10-1 and a top 5 ranking.

Please don't compare UND to NDSU the only thing the football programs have in common is being the same state.

Tribe93
October 17th, 2011, 04:34 PM
And now for the weekly flogging of my ballot (after a week away due to traveling back from meeting my gf's family):

2: Wofford Terriers
3: Northern Iowa Panthers
9: Montana Grizzlies
11: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
12: Indiana State Sycamores
13: Maine Black Bears
17: Sacramento State Hornets
20: Liberty Flames
21: Norfolk State Spartans
22: McNeese State Cowboys
23: North Dakota Fighting Sioux
24: William & Mary Tribe

Liberty at 20? I guess that's like picking your wife for beauty queen.

darell1976
October 17th, 2011, 04:36 PM
At this time during NDSU's 2006 season, the Bison were undefeated, had beaten 5 DI scholarship squads including Ball State, and were enroute to going 10-1 and a top 5 ranking.

Please don't compare UND to NDSU the only thing the football programs have in common is being the same state.

But you played Concordia-St. Paul at the beginning of the year and moved up, and yet its wrong for UND to play the same type of team..and move up. Why does some Bison fans hate having UND in the polls?? Its good recognition for the state. You have both DI teams from your state in the top 20 (in most polls), and 1 in the top 5, its a win-win. South Dakota cannot say this, both of their DI teams are not ranked. We don't play each other (either regular season or playoffs), the earliest we could meet is the 2012 playoffs. So why does it hurt Bison fans so much...just curious.

NDB
October 17th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I don't hate UND being in the polls. They simply have no business being there. None. Zero. Zilch.

It's a joke. The season is 2/3rds of the way over. UND has one win against an average FCS scholarship school.

darell1976
October 17th, 2011, 04:46 PM
I don't hate UND being in the polls. They simply have no business being there. None. Zero. Zilch.

It's a joke. The season is 2/3rds of the way over. UND has one win against an average FCS scholarship school.

If UND were to beat Cal Poly on Saturday would that justify UND being in the polls?

NDB
October 17th, 2011, 04:51 PM
It would give them more justification, but no.

That would give them two wins against two average FCS teams BY THE END OF WEEK 8.

I think they merit ranking if they win the Great West (which has five average teams) this year.

darell1976
October 17th, 2011, 04:53 PM
It would give them more justification, but no.

That would give them two wins against two average FCS teams.

I think they merit ranking if they win the Great West (which has five average teams) this year.

Since South Dakota is last on the slate UND would finish the year 9-2 with 6 DI wins.

Ginsbach
October 17th, 2011, 04:55 PM
I don't know, you have to ask the people who voted. They (NDSU coach Craig Bohl, and Jeff Kolpack (Fargo Forum) say it was mistaken identity, but Kolpack not only was mad at the voters for dropping NDSU (which I can see was a mistake) but having UND in the polls, and now UND has stayed in the polls for 3 weeks now, so maybe a little credit should be given to UND...not much but a little.

UND entered the polls by the virtue of beating an NAIA team transitioning to D-II. Do you think that's a good qualifier for entering the polls? Is beating an NAIA school worth of getting 136 more points moving from unranked to 21nd?

UND's current position in the polls is much more credible, but I definitely wouldn't have put them in that place after the Black Hills State win. After SUU, yeah, I could justify a mid 20's ranking, but the first week in the poll still confuses me.

Fear the Bird
October 17th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Fear the Bird, it appeares that there is a very very good chance that Delaware will NOT win out and therefore will have to wait until next year to attempt to reach the playoffs..

sorry to hear about this.

what went wrong here?

Did i say they would win out? There are usually growing pains when your qb goes down week 1 but lets not let facts get in the way

Im just glad we havent faced Lehighs schedule bc things could be really ugly...

darell1976
October 17th, 2011, 04:57 PM
UND entered the polls by the virtue of beating an NAIA team transitioning to D-II. Do you think that's a good qualifier for entering the polls? Is beating an NAIA school worth of getting 136 more points moving from unranked to 21nd?

UND's current position in the polls is much more credible, but I definitely wouldn't have put them in that place after the Black Hills State win. After SUU, yeah, I could justify a mid 20's ranking, but the first week in the poll still confuses me.

Like I said before it would be nice to see how these "coaches" (or SID) or whoever is voting to reveal their vote. I was shocked too after the BHSU win that UND was in the polls.

B&G
October 17th, 2011, 05:39 PM

I think you look at this backwards. It wasn't necessarily UND doing anything to merit a jump in the poll during those weeks... they just didn't lose while some of the other borderline teams were taking losses.

UNIFanSince1983
October 17th, 2011, 05:41 PM
And , of course that UNI team is ranked 2ND this year

No THAT UNI is not ranked #2. THAT UNI team was never ranked #2.

THIS UNI team is ranked #2. This is a different team than last year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 17th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I watched UNI-SDSU and came away extremely impressed. This is the first time since week 1 my top 2 is not GSU-MSU.

3: Montana State Bobcats
4: Wofford Terriers
6: Maine Black Bears
7: Sam Houston State Bearkats
9: James Madison Dukes
10: New Hampshire Wildcats
11: Montana Grizzlies
12: Appalachian State Mountaineers
13: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
14: Liberty Flames
15: Towson Tigers
17: Indiana State Sycamores
18: Norfolk State Spartans
19: North Dakota Fighting Sioux
20: Richmond Spiders
21: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
22: Harvard Crimson
23: Old Dominion Monarchs
24: Sacramento State Hornets
25: Brown Bears

ngineer
October 17th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Chatty's losses to GSU and Appy both real close and both on the road.
UNH is the ONLY team Lehigh has played - and UNH won.
So why is Lehigh ranked so much higher than UNH?
And by the way... I think this poll has UNH over-rated, so Lehigh at #7 is a complete joke!

It's what you're doing in late October, not early September. A lot of game played early in the season may well have had different outcomes if played later as teams adjust their lineups, change their systems, react to injuries, etc. The poor Blue Hens are singing the blues and show their character by trying to tear down someone else when things are going bad for themselves. Borrow K.C.'s shades and be cool, guys. In the words of Al Davis, "Just win baby!"

blackfordpu
October 17th, 2011, 06:58 PM

Tier 1
GSU
UNI
MSU
Wofford
NDSU

Tier 2
Lehigh
Sam Houston State
App State
Maine

Tier 3

Not only saying this as a SHSU fan but how do you say a team with a 6-0 record, no sub division one games and a win over a FBS team is tier 2?

ngineer
October 17th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Not only saying this as a SHSU fan but how do you say a team with a 6-0 record, no sub division one games and a win over a FBS team is tier 2?

A valid point. Problem is comparing schedules at this point. SHSU could well be a Top 5 team. At least we all get prove eventually. I'd love to see a game between SHSU and Lehigh...I can't recall a PL school ever playing someone from the Southland Conference.

Side Judge
October 17th, 2011, 07:47 PM
You are an idiot and a troll. Good to see the switch up from oops to ouch though

Now now YT, I don't think Wofford is looking for young men with this sort of attitude or lack of precision in their vocabulary. Technically TF is not a troll and, without evidence to the contrary, an idiot. Accuracy sir! If he's annoying, call him annoying. If he's full of crap, point out the unpleasant aroma permeating the thread when he posts. If he's so thin-skinned that he has to go crying to the mods when someone offends his delicate sensitivities, then offer him a binkie to pacify him.

But do not call him an idiot or a troll sir - consider yourself warned!

SDFS
October 17th, 2011, 08:22 PM

Why do you limit your criteria to FCS scholarship schools? It does not seem to be a real measure of an opponent’s ability. I say this in the context that numerous FCS teams that offer scholarships have limited ability to get quality athletes due to admissions requirements. So, many times playing teams outside of FCS are much more difficult than FCS teams. It seems very odd to me..

bincitysioux
October 17th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Everyone is always so negative when they post their ballots................

Here's mine, feel free to praise it because it is so darn good.......................xthumbsupx

1: Northern Iowa Panthers
2: Georgia Southern Eagles
3: North Dakota State Bison
5: Wofford Terriers
6: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
8: Maine Black Bears
9: Sam Houston State Bearkats
10: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
11: Montana Grizzlies
12: New Hampshire Wildcats
13: Indiana State Sycamores
14: James Madison Dukes
15: Chattanooga Mocs
17: Towson Tigers
19: Old Dominion Monarchs
20: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
21: North Dakota Fighting Sioux
22: Norfolk State Spartans
23: Liberty Flames
24: Alabama State Hornets
25: Harvard Crimson

Ginsbach
October 17th, 2011, 09:36 PM
I think you look at this backwards. It wasn't necessarily UND doing anything to merit a jump in the poll during those weeks... they just didn't lose while some of the other borderline teams were taking losses.

The issue I have with that is that UND was receiving 0 votes the week before. They went from not on the radar at all to getting 136 votes and moving into 21st place by virtue of beating an NAIA team transitioning to D-II.

frozennorth
October 17th, 2011, 09:57 PM
The issue I have with that is that UND was receiving 0 votes the week before. They went from not on the radar at all to getting 136 votes and moving into 21st place by virtue of beating an NAIA team transitioning to D-II.

No they jumped into the poll after a loss to fresno.

RabidRabbit
October 17th, 2011, 11:56 PM

While it is good to see Dakota listed 3 times in the top 25, IMHO, NDB has valid concerns about UND and USD. What D-1 has UND beaten? SUU? How about USD? SUU and EWU, both at Vermillion. These two probably shouldn't be top 25. These two teams can't get to 7 DI wins. Too many FBS losses each, and too many non-counters. EWU and SUU are both fallen off from pre-season rankings. SUU is 0-3 in GWFC games. The best they can finish in the GWFC is 1-3. So despite good wins by SUU over FBS UNLV, and over another BCS killer (Sac St.), SUU is a cooked turkey that will not make the play-offs, any more than the SDSU Jacks.

darell1976
October 18th, 2011, 01:19 AM
While it is good to see Dakota listed 3 times in the top 25, IMHO, NDB has valid concerns about UND and USD. What D-1 has UND beaten? SUU? How about USD? SUU and EWU, both at Vermillion. These two probably shouldn't be top 25. These two teams can't get to 7 DI wins. Too many FBS losses each, and too many non-counters. EWU and SUU are both fallen off from pre-season rankings. SUU is 0-3 in GWFC games. The best they can finish in the GWFC is 1-3. So despite good wins by SUU over FBS UNLV, and over another BCS killer (Sac St.), SUU is a cooked turkey that will not make the play-offs, any more than the SDSU Jacks.
Just to correct you..UND has 2 DI wins.

SDFS
October 18th, 2011, 06:59 AM

Are you talking about teams that should be included in the playoffs or polls? When I think about teams being included in a poll I look at the schedule and results independent of classifications.

bisonguy
October 18th, 2011, 08:38 AM

And don't forget USD is ranked above ISU-r. They both have the same 4-3 record, but USD has two non-DI wins and ISU-r just curbstomped USD 28-3 last week.

BisonBacker
October 18th, 2011, 12:37 PM

xbowxxbowxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxbowxxbowxxthumb supxxthumbsupx

BEAR
October 18th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Asking as a fan of an FCS school xlolx:

Henderson State W 38-14 (DII in-state paycheck for them xlolx)
Louisiana Tech L 42-48 OT (shoulda had that one- FBS loss)
Sam Houston State* L 10-31 (both sides shorthanded vs. top 20 FCS)
Arkansas State L 24-53 (FBS loss)
Stephen F. Austin* W 38-28 (dominated SLC champ)
Nicholls* W 37-31 (good game)
McNeese State* W 21-18 Sat. 10/22/2011 (beat #17 FCS team)

UCA has one more transitional FBS team on the way in Texas State (more schollys I heard, not sure). UCA has only lost to ONE (1) FCS team and held pretty good against another FBS team. The loss to Sam Houston probably would have happened but not as bad as the score indicated if UCA hadn't been so beaten up laying it all out on the table against Louisiana Tech. With having typed all that, the question is where should they be ranked? Ahead of McNeese? Top 25? Where they are? Thanks! xthumbsupx

darell1976
October 18th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by NDB

xbowxxbowxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxbowxxbowxxthumb supxxthumbsupx
http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&Q_SEASON=2006

At the time you played Concordia-St. Paul your record was 0-0 and ranked #19 (after a 7-4 2005 season). You beat CSP and with only that win and A BYE moved up to #17.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 18th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by NDB

http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&Q_SEASON=2006

At the time you played Concordia-St. Paul your record was 0-0 and ranked #19 (after a 7-4 2005 season). You beat CSP and with only that win and A BYE moved up to #17.

Were thise guys asking those same questions back then?

Good burn on the backup to your point there darell.xlolx

FargoBison
October 18th, 2011, 07:49 PM
NDSU was ranked in the preseason poll in 2006 because in previous years the team had knocked off some good FCS teams and finished with solid records. UND has done neither, the two situations are not comparable.

UND may or may not deserve their ranking...I honestly don't care if they are ranked or not but this comparing them to NDSU in 2006 is asinine. By that time in 2006(two seasons into our transition) we had beaten 12 FCS teams, UND has only beaten 11 FCS teams through 3 1/2 seasons of FCS play.

The only thing I will say about UND's ranking is that it speaks to how weak most of the FCS is this year. Usually by now a top 20 team(which UND is in some polls) would have much more solid resume.

HensRock
October 18th, 2011, 08:19 PM
It's what you're doing in late October, not early September. A lot of game played early in the season may well have had different outcomes if played later as teams adjust their lineups, change their systems, react to injuries, etc. The poor Blue Hens are singing the blues and show their character by trying to tear down someone else when things are going bad for themselves. Borrow K.C.'s shades and be cool, guys. In the words of Al Davis, "Just win baby!"

I agree that more recent performance should have higher weight. For instance, what Delaware is doing in the month of October is playing 3 Ranked FCS teams and an FBS Transitional while Lehigh is playing 4 (more) unranked FCS teams. But I said nothing about Delaware in my original post. You choose to bring them into the mix. For the record, I ranked Lehigh above UD this week in my ballot. This has nothing to do with UD. My issue is Lehigh having an inflated record by virtue of a weak schedule.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2011, 09:43 PM
I agree that more recent performance should have higher weight. For instance, what Delaware is doing in the month of October is playing 3 Ranked FCS teams and an FBS Transitional while Lehigh is playing 4 (more) unranked FCS teams. But I said nothing about Delaware in my original post. You choose to bring them into the mix. For the record, I ranked Lehigh above UD this week in my ballot. This has nothing to do with UD. My issue is Lehigh having an inflated record by virtue of a weak schedule.

A weak schedule relative to what? Compared to 90% of FCS football i believe Lehigh's schedule is competitive. Likewise with Holy Cross this year.

UNH Fanboi
October 18th, 2011, 09:53 PM
A weak schedule relative to what? Compared to 90% of FCS football i believe Lehigh's schedule is competitive. Likewise with Holy Cross this year.

Relative to the other teams in the top 25. According to Sagarin, Lehigh has the 4th softest schedule in the top 25 behind NDSU, SHSU, and Norfolk St.

darell1976
October 18th, 2011, 10:30 PM
NDSU was ranked in the preseason poll in 2006 because in previous years the team had knocked off some good FCS teams and finished with solid records. UND has done neither, the two situations are not comparable.

UND may or may not deserve their ranking...I honestly don't care if they are ranked or not but this comparing them to NDSU in 2006 is asinine. By that time in 2006(two seasons into our transition) we had beaten 12 FCS teams, UND has only beaten 11 FCS teams through 3 1/2 seasons of FCS play.

The only thing I will say about UND's ranking is that it speaks to how weak most of the FCS is this year. Usually by now a top 20 team(which UND is in some polls) would have much more solid resume.

Not that it matters just that NDSU's OOC wins in 05 was Ark-Monticello, #11 NW ST, Weber St, and Nichols State, conference wins over SUU, UNC, and SDSU (still in transition), in 04 OOC wins over Valpo, Montana Tech, Carson-Newman, Nichols State, NW St, and Weber St. Conference wins over SUU and #20 UC Davis. NDSU finishes unranked in 2004. Point being in 06 you moved up from 19 to 17 after a win over a DII team and a bye week. But yet UND beats a FCS team loses 2 FBS teams and a win over a DII team and shows up in the polls and WWIII started. Then UND beats a ranked conference memeber on the road and NDSU fans are still blasting UND for that.

Squealofthepig
October 18th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Relative to the other teams in the top 25. According to Sagarin, Lehigh has the 4th softest schedule in the top 25 behind NDSU, SHSU, and Norfolk St.

This is an excellent point, and one more should pay attention to. Sagarin is best used when combined with other rankings, and this helps indicate that Lehigh is a bit soft compared to other top 25 teams.

However, I'd also point out that a team can only play the games it is scheduled to play, and I give these four teams full credit for beating the teams they should play. I would rank these teams high because they take care of business, but I'd probably punish them more for an unexpected loss.

And, in full disclosure, I've had Lehigh in my top ten and Holy Cross on my ballot this year - I'm definitely not a hater, just want to underline how SoS can affect voting.

ngineer
October 18th, 2011, 10:47 PM
I cannot disagree with your post. As you say, you can only deal with who is on your schedule. The fact that most of our wins have been dominant with our starters pulled after three quarters says a lot. If we were barely winning some of these games, then I would agree that we should be lower; but with our only loss to UNH, in overtime, and good win over a Top 25 school in Liberty, in addition to the other 4 blowouts, we are what we are. One of the things Lehigh has going for it when it goes out of conference is that most opponents take us lightly because we're small and from the Patriot League. Fans of JMU and UNI have found out that when Lehigh has a good team, it can go toe to toe with anyone.

FargoBison
October 18th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Not that it matters just that NDSU's OOC wins in 05 was Ark-Monticello, #11 NW ST, Weber St, and Nichols State, conference wins over SUU, UNC, and SDSU (still in transition), in 04 OOC wins over Valpo, Montana Tech, Carson-Newman, Nichols State, NW St, and Weber St. Conference wins over SUU and #20 UC Davis. NDSU finishes unranked in 2004. Point being in 06 you moved up from 19 to 17 after a win over a DII team and a bye week. But yet UND beats a FCS team loses 2 FBS teams and a win over a DII team and shows up in the polls and WWIII started. Then UND beats a ranked conference memeber on the road and NDSU fans are still blasting UND for that.

I had no problem with UND's ranking after they beat SUU, before that I had major issues with it. UND was ranked after losing to Fresno if I'm remembering right. That was when WWIII started and it was more than justified at that point in time. Now it is just getting old.

darell1976
October 19th, 2011, 01:47 AM
I had no problem with UND's ranking after they beat SUU, before that I had major issues with it. UND was ranked after losing to Fresno if I'm remembering right. That was when WWIII started and it was more than justified at that point in time. Now it is just getting old.

I agree it is old..if UND beats Cal Poly I hope there is no more talk about this.

NDB
October 19th, 2011, 08:18 AM
yes, because then UND will have TWO wins against average FCS scholarship programs eight weeks into the season.

darell1976
October 19th, 2011, 08:32 AM
yes, because then UND will have TWO wins against average FCS scholarship programs eight weeks into the season.

And more importantly they would be 2-0 in conference play.

URMite
October 19th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I cannot disagree with your post. As you say, you can only deal with who is on your schedule. The fact that most of our wins have been dominant with our starters pulled after three quarters says a lot. If we were barely winning some of these games, then I would agree that we should be lower; but with our only loss to UNH, in overtime, and good win over a Top 25 school in Liberty, in addition to the other 4 blowouts, we are what we are. One of the things Lehigh has going for it when it goes out of conference is that most opponents take us lightly because we're small and from the Patriot League. Fans of JMU and UNI have found out that when Lehigh has a good team, it can go toe to toe with anyone.

I think we noticed that in 1998 as well...

molly
October 19th, 2011, 10:07 AM
UCA has one more transitional FBS team on the way in Texas State (more schollys I heard, not sure). UCA has only lost to ONE (1) FCS team and held pretty good against another FBS team. The loss to Sam Houston probably would have happened but not as bad as the score indicated if UCA hadn't been so beaten up laying it all out on the table against Louisiana Tech. With having typed all that, the question is where should they be ranked? Ahead of McNeese? Top 25? Where they are? Thanks! xthumbsupx

I had UCA ranked the first couple weeks, and was impressed with how they played against LA Tech. This week I had them just outside my top 25, but I gave them serious consideration. Although they have no bad losses, I ultimately decided not to rank them this week because McNeese State is their best win (if McNeese knocks off SHSU, that win will look a lot better). Depending on what happens with the other teams I have in the 20-30 range this weekend, I'd likely rank UCA if they beat Lamar on Sat.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 19th, 2011, 10:37 AM

Yeah, it definitely seems it doesn't affect you and you are over it when yuo keep trying to find little digs here and there. Some of you NDSU guys are pretty funny with your "It doesn't bother me that our in state rival is doing better than we said they would!" talk.

It hurts you inside. That's fine, just own up to it.xlolx

MSUBobcat
October 19th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Yeah, it definitely seems it doesn't affect you and you are over it when yuo keep trying to find little digs here and there. Some of you NDSU guys are pretty funny with your "It doesn't bother me that our in state rival is doing better than we said they would!" talk.

It hurts you inside. That's fine, just own up to it.xlolx

I agree. What I don't understand is that, as a ND native myself, I still pull for both ND schools a little bit, due to state pride. Now living in MT for nearly as long as ND and my whole adult life, even though there is an intense rivalry with the Griz, I still want them to win, with the exception of 1 game each year :D. I know I may be in the minority in that aspect, but to me, states like MT and ND, with small populations and only 2 teams in D-I, it represents the state better if BOTH teams are successful. Save the hate for when you actually play. xnodx

Side note - Ursus, thank you for figuring out my registration issue. Been a long-time reader here and its nice to finally be able to contribute.

LetsGoSioux!
October 19th, 2011, 11:11 AM
I agree. What I don't understand is that, as a ND native myself, I still pull for both ND schools a little bit, due to state pride. Now living in MT for nearly as long as ND and my whole adult life, even though there is an intense rivalry with the Griz, I still want them to win, with the exception of 1 game each year :D. I know I may be in the minority in that aspect, but to me, states like MT and ND, with small populations and only 2 teams in D-I, it represents the state better if BOTH teams are successful. Save the hate for when you actually play. xnodx

Side note - Ursus, thank you for figuring out my registration issue. Been a long-time reader here and its nice to finally be able to contribute.

Excellent, excellent post!

I agree 100%, I have pulled for the Bison in their games against FBS schools, watching them in their entirety. What makes it so hard to cheer for NDSU is how rotten SOME of their fans have been. Like you said, we have small populations, you have to stick behind your home state squads. It seems that SOME bison fans have a HUGE problem with UND, and I am not sure why, as they claim they are the superior institution and don't care about UND anymore. You will find exponentially more UND fans that cheer for NDSU in football than the reverse.

darell1976
October 19th, 2011, 11:27 AM

I agree 100%, I have pulled for the Bison in their games against FBS schools, watching them in their entirety. What makes it so hard to cheer for NDSU is how rotten SOME of their fans have been. Like you said, we have small populations, you have to stick behind your home state squads. It seems that SOME bison fans have a HUGE problem with UND, and I am not sure why, as they claim they are the superior institution and don't care about UND anymore. You will find exponentially more UND fans that cheer for NDSU in football than the reverse.

Unless its in hockey some Bison fans will cheer for UND in hockey but then get ridiculed by others for doing so, why? NDSU has no hockey and UND is the only DI hockey team in the Dakotas. I cheer for the Fargo Force of the USHL, because not only do I live in Fargo but these kids will most likely play for UND. There is no shame in cheering for a "rival" if it doesn't affect your school. A lot of Sioux fans did cheer for NDSU over the Gophers because us Sioux fans hate the Gophers!!

frozennorth
October 19th, 2011, 11:32 AM

In my expirience, UND fans (or at least those old enough to know about the football rivalry) are just as petty and bitter as NDSU fans, if not more so. If the positions were reversed, with UND on top and ndsu struggling against modest competiton, it would be just as bad.

clenz
October 19th, 2011, 11:37 AM
UNI was also the MVFC champs that year, it's not like they squeezed into the playoffs as an extra at-large. Let's not completely undersell Lehigh's playoff win last year. Losing at UD was nothing to sneeze at either, given that team very nearly won the whole darn thing

That is correct....However, last year's UNI team would have finished 4th or 5 in the conference in 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, etc... and would be a 5th place team in this years MVFC. The MVFC was so unbelievably bad last year it isn't even funny to look back on.

I would be if this year's UNI team played last years UNI team that this year's team wins at least 90-95% of the time.

darell1976
October 19th, 2011, 11:42 AM
In my expirience, UND fans (or at least those old enough to know about the football rivalry) are just as petty and bitter as NDSU fans, if not more so. If the positions were reversed, with UND on top and ndsu struggling against modest competiton, it would be just as bad.

Again remind us why you attend UND while trashing everything about them??

BEAR
October 19th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I had UCA ranked the first couple weeks, and was impressed with how they played against LA Tech. This week I had them just outside my top 25, but I gave them serious consideration. Although they have no bad losses, I ultimately decided not to rank them this week because McNeese State is their best win (if McNeese knocks off SHSU, that win will look a lot better). Depending on what happens with the other teams I have in the 20-30 range this weekend, I'd likely rank UCA if they beat Lamar on Sat.

That's fair. I was just wondering what it would take to get them back into it. Beating #25 SFA and #17 McNeese and hanging with La Tech just isn't what it used to be worth. LOL. Thanks for the reply!

LakesBison
October 19th, 2011, 11:52 AM
ursus or whoever runs this board. just get rid of darrell, he claimed he didnt goto und, so his only reason to breathe is to trash ndsu (which he cant in any way shape or form do) put him out of his misery, his takes are pointless and always proven wrong. suu isnt a good win. off to stats class!

darell1976
October 19th, 2011, 11:59 AM
ursus or whoever runs this board. just get rid of darrell, he claimed he didnt goto und, so his only reason to breathe is to trash ndsu (which he cant in any way shape or form do) put him out of his misery, his takes are pointless and always proven wrong. suu isnt a good win. off to stats class!

I never did go to UND. I was born and raised in Grand Forks and moved to Fargo in 1999. I am a Fighting Sioux fan...yes I am not an alumn but what does that matter? My reason for being here is to talk about my favorite team (UND) and talk football. Why do you have to be an alumn to be a fan (which is a requirement according to bisonville.com).

NDB
October 19th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Yeah, it definitely seems it doesn't affect you and you are over it when yuo keep trying to find little digs here and there.

over what?

I would think the situation, THAT IS A TEAM WITH ONE WIN AGAINST DI SCHOLARSHIP SCHOOLS BEING RANKED IN THE TOP 20 AFTER SEVEN WEEKS OF PLAY , would be just as funny if it were another school I'm familiar with (eg Great West, MVFC, Big Sky).

I've pointed out the same situation with USD having two wins after six weeks of play as well.

The joke isn't only on UND fans, it's on the voters as well, and polls in general.

Professor Chaos
October 19th, 2011, 12:00 PM
You should take an English Vocab class and learn the definition of "hypocrite".

MSUBobcat
October 19th, 2011, 12:07 PM
You should take an English Vocab class and learn the definition of "hypocrite".

This. xlolxxnodx

molly
October 19th, 2011, 12:15 PM
That's fair. I was just wondering what it would take to get them back into it. Beating #25 SFA and #17 McNeese and hanging with La Tech just isn't what it used to be worth. LOL. Thanks for the reply!

I understand that a lot of people look at teams' rankings at the time they play, but you gotta agree that suggesting that SFA is anywhere close to #25 is kinda silly. They're 1-5, with their only win against McMurry. In general, I have a hard time judging wins in the Southland when half the conference -- Lamar, SFA, Southeastern Louisiana, and Nicholls State -- have 2 DI wins between them (one against a bottom tier MEAC team and Lamar's win against SE Louisiana).

But again, I think UCA is a good team, and I will definitely consider ranking them next week assuming they beat Lamar and some other teams lose.

Fear the Bird
October 19th, 2011, 12:48 PM

I have UCA at 26-27 right now - just waiting for that 21-25 to lose this weekend if they take care of business. To suggest that SFA or McNeese is anywhere near #25, let alone #17 is just silly at this point in the season. You can't have their rankings at the time you played them.

Twentysix
October 19th, 2011, 01:15 PM

Going to a school has nothing to do with being a fan of it... Even if you are a crazy fringe fan.

BEAR
October 19th, 2011, 02:02 PM
I have UCA at 26-27 right now - just waiting for that 21-25 to lose this weekend if they take care of business. To suggest that SFA or McNeese is anywhere near #25, let alone #17 is just silly at this point in the season. You can't have their rankings at the time you played them.

xlolx No. I didn't mean to imply that we'd take their rankings. xrotatehx I meant at the time we played them they were ranked..which now they are not of course. But back when they were ranked we beat them and we had been previously ranked also. That was my whole point. We lost our ranking because we lost to La. Tech and Sammie and have never gotten it back. I think the Bears will take care of Lamar and should run the table the rest of the year..or had better run it to get 7 DI wins. The SLC is schizo this year..so are my Bears. Rankings really don't mean that much to me if we don't take it to the playoffs. My whole inquiry into the rankings was just to figure out how some rank teams..what they base it on. xnodx

BEAR
October 19th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Going to a school has nothing to do with being a fan of it... Even if you are a crazy fringe fan.

Arkansas has many of those in this state..oh yeah and Walmart sells their shirts to prove it. xsmhx xlolx

Fear the Bird
October 19th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Top 25 October-17-2011

1 Georgia Southern Eagles 2595 73
2 Northern Iowa Panthers 2486 13
3 North Dakota State Bison 2402 12
4 Montana State Bobcats 2335 2
5 Wofford Terriers 2279 5
6 Sam Houston State Bearkats 2101 1
7 Lehigh Mountain Hawks 1909 0
8 Maine Black Bears 1868 0
9 Appalachian State Mountaineers 1802 0
10 James Madison Dukes 1635 0
11 Montana Grizzlies 1490 0
12 New Hampshire Wildcats 1400 0
13 Towson Tigers 1368 0
14 Jacksonville State Gamecocks 1367 0
15 Indiana State Sycamores 1119 0
16 Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens 1022 0
17 William & Mary Tribe 910 0
18 Norfolk State Spartans 669 0
19 Richmond Spiders 522 0
20 Liberty Flames 507 0
21 Old Dominion Monarchs 464 0
22 North Dakota Fighting Sioux 399 0
23T Harvard Crimson 258 0
23T South Dakota Coyotes 258 0
25 Alabama State Hornets 254 0

Most Significant Win:William & Mary Tribe

Most Significant Loss:New Hampshire Wildcats

26 Chattanooga Mocs 217
27 Samford Bulldogs 151
28 Sacramento State Hornets 112
29 Cal Poly Mustangs 68
30 Brown Bears 67
31 Illinois State Redbirds 57
32 Jackson State Tigers 52
33 South Carolina State Bulldogs 35
34 McNeese State Cowboys 29
35 Weber State Wildcats 28
36 Central Arkansas Bears 27
37 Yale Bulldogs 24
38 Albany Great Danes 21
39 Coastal Carolina Chanticleers 20
40 Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles 18

Busy week for me, really just now getting a chance to catch up on the polls and wanted to share my thoughts

Overvalued: Jacksonville St, North Dakota, Illinois State
Undervalued: Towson, Old Dominion, Samford, Weber St, Central Arkansas
Interested in: If EWU starts creeping back up the top 40 with a win this weekend

LakesBison
October 19th, 2011, 03:28 PM
sounds good, south dakota is overvalued as well.

McNeese75
October 19th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I understand that a lot of people look at teams' rankings at the time they play, but you gotta agree that suggesting that SFA is anywhere close to #25 is kinda silly. They're 1-5, with their only win against McMurry. In general, I have a hard time judging wins in the Southland when half the conference -- Lamar, SFA, Southeastern Louisiana, and Nicholls State -- have 2 DI wins between them (one against a bottom tier MEAC team and Lamar's win against SE Louisiana).

But again, I think UCA is a good team, and I will definitely consider ranking them next week assuming they beat Lamar and some other teams lose.

WAIT, so you will consider ranking them if they beat Lamar but not after they beat McNeese??? xlolx

At this point in time the only SLC team that deserves to be ranked is SHSU. If UCA wins out and beats Northwestern State then maybe.

darell1976
October 19th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Busy week for me, really just now getting a chance to catch up on the polls and wanted to share my thoughts

Overvalued: Jacksonville St, North Dakota, Illinois State
Undervalued: Towson, Old Dominion, Samford, Weber St, Central Arkansas
Interested in: If EWU starts creeping back up the top 40 with a win this weekend

If we both get ranked early next season it should make for a great game on Sept. 8th...UCA at UND!!

molly
October 19th, 2011, 03:48 PM
WAIT, so you will consider ranking them if they beat Lamar but not after they beat McNeese??? xlolx

At this point in time the only SLC team that deserves to be ranked is SHSU. If UCA wins out and beats Northwestern State then maybe.

Perhaps you missed my earlier post in the thread. As I said, I had them just outside the top 25 this week, so all I was saying is that assuming that they don't lose this weekend, and depending on what happens to the other teams I have in the 20-30 range, there's a good chance that they'll make it into my top 25.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 19th, 2011, 07:05 PM

On the first point...completely agree. You would like to be the toughest guy in town, but you want the second toughest guy in town to be your brother.

I root just like you do. MSU to win in all games except the one. When it comes to the BSC championship I want it to be settled in Montana every chance we get.

On the sidenote. You're welcome and it's my pleasure to have another BSC member chiming in on the topics.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 19th, 2011, 07:10 PM

I'll go check the rule book but I'm not too sure that is a requirement for being a fan and hence a reason to get rid of a good poster on this site.

If I'm incorrect on this though I'll certainly get back to you on this and rectify the situation most ricky tick.

Squealofthepig
October 19th, 2011, 08:09 PM
There are also a handful of NDSU folks who go out of their way to bait him too.

Could we compromise and just add a rule? "No talk of the UND/NDSU rivalry unless the two teams are playing each other within the next month." Granted, that would make 2/3rds of this week's post verboten...

ursus arctos horribilis
October 19th, 2011, 08:33 PM

Could we compromise and just add a rule? "No talk of the UND/NDSU rivalry unless the two teams are playing each other within the next month." Granted, that would make 2/3rds of this week's post verboten...

I'm not a big fan of rules so let's table that one for now.:D

I thought my subtle poke at ndsufrosh would be easily understood since me having a rulebook is a fairly preposterous.xlolx

Ginsbach
October 19th, 2011, 08:40 PM

He's not entirely guilt-free himself.

There are a number of both NDSU and UND fans that seem to go out of the way to aggravate each other.

DSUrocks07
October 19th, 2011, 08:45 PM

Agreed. I never went to DSU, nor have I ever claimed too. But I am still a HUGE fan. xthumbsupx

Why would anyone limit their own fan base by saying that you NEED to have attended said institution to be a fan of their athletic programs?

clenz
October 19th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I've never gone to Michigan...hell I've never been to Michigan, but I'm on the wait list for season tickets and half of my closet is navy and maize.

I've pulled for UNI since I can remember as well....long before I was a student or an alumn. Hell, had I not blown my knee out playing football at the college I was at first I wouldn't be a UNI alum now.