PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville State vs University of Kentucky this week

JaxStateMan
October 17th, 2011, 12:09 AM
JSU travels to Lexington to play the wildcats of UK this saturday. What are everyones thoughts of this game. I know it is an OVC vs SEC matchup but I think it could be a good game. Granted that UK should in theory run all over us but I just don't see that happening this weekend. I know UK is bad but how bad are they and can the JSU offense put up enough points to pull off the upset. I would love to beat an SEC team two years in a row and I think it could happen . I guess we shall see this weekend.

What does everyone else think about this game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 17th, 2011, 12:14 AM
I give JSU a legit chance. Very few times do i think FCS teams have a chance against BCS teams but this is a game where i give the little guy a 50/50 shot. UK is absolutely horrible this year. Their two wins are 14-3 against beyond terrible WKU and 27-13 over almost as bad CMU. I can't see the Wildcats being interested in this game.

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Kentucky seems like a winable FBS game, but the performance vs. Chattanooga makes me think they won't be in this one.

bonarae
October 17th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Hmm, I think Jacksonville State has moved on from that Chattanooga game (four consecutive wins with margin of at least 7 points) and may pull off an upset here against a terrible Kentucky team. Chattanooga has slid down slightly since that win.

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Hmm, I think Jacksonville State has moved on from that Chattanooga game (four consecutive wins with margin of at least 7 points) and may pull off an upset here against a terrible Kentucky team. Chattanooga has slid down slightly since that win.

Jax St got beat by 21 at Chattanooga. The four teams they have beaten since are a combined 8-18. Best win was Murray State, who has beaten Miss Valley St, Tenn St, EIU and Ga St. 4 pretty easy wins.

Chattanooga lost 3 games by a total of 4 points. One was at App State, one at Georgia Southern. Not really a slide...Citadel was not excusable.

I think if you look at more than record and score you would agree that Jax State has a lot to prove.

Bam
October 17th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Jax St by 3 (I hope)! I live in Lex & the pUKe fans are already pumped for b-ball season.

Sycamore51
October 17th, 2011, 06:43 AM
I really think Jax St can get this one. It'll be close all game and I don't see UK having a big crowd on Saturday. I live in the Louisville area, and all the UK fans around here talk about is how much they hate Joker, only a second year coach, and how much they are gald basketball season has started. Jax St 21-17

Cocky
October 17th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Kentucky seems like a winable FBS game, but the performance vs. Chattanooga makes me think they won't be in this one.

Playing better now, the Nooga game was the first after we lost our starting QB. We are now running a different offensive scheme. Defense is now led by the middle lb who was held out of the nooga game. JSUs coaching staff is the same so we could look like a turd in a matter of seconds.

Bam
October 17th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Playing better now, the Nooga game was the first after we lost our starting QB. We are now running a different offensive scheme. Defense is now led by the middle lb who was held out of the nooga game. JSUs coaching staff is the same so we could look like a turd in a matter of seconds.

Just get the word to the fellas to wait till Nov 5th to drop that deuce! Thanks in advance!

chattownmocs
October 17th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Kentucky is a terrible SEC team, even worse that Ole Miss a year ago, but I believe they win by 2 tds.

dgtw
October 17th, 2011, 10:00 AM
We're going up there for the game. We went to Oxford last year. I told my wife not to expect lightning to strike twice, but Kentucky is very bad so I would not be shocked if Jax State pulls off the upset.

Whatever happens, we better enjoy it while it lasts. Our money games the next three years are Florida, Auburn and Michigan State.

msupigskin
October 17th, 2011, 10:05 AM
UK is absolutely horrible. It's homecoming at UK, so there will be a crowd, but most may stay in the parking lot partying (seriously). Jax State WILL win this game, and maybe going away. Ealey will run all over the Cats again, like he did last year when he was at UGA. JSU 35 - UK 21.

ysubigred
October 17th, 2011, 12:05 PM
JSU travels to Lexington to play the wildcats of UK this saturday. What are everyones thoughts of this game. I know it is an OVC vs SEC matchup but I think it could be a good game. Granted that UK should in theory run all over us but I just don't see that happening this weekend. I know UK is bad but how bad are they and can the JSU offense put up enough points to pull off the upset. I would love to beat an SEC team two years in a row and I think it could happen . I guess we shall see this weekend.

What does everyone else think about this game.

Just win baby!!!!!!!! xsalutexxthumbsupx

McNeese75
October 17th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Win and you get credit (Like SHSU did for NM). Lose and you get dinged. I am a fan of a team that is not getting it done on Saturday just like UTC (if if's and buts were candy and nuts....). The Mocs are out of the Top 25 and that is where they belong at this point in time. Those oh so close losses still show up as a "L"

chattownmocs
October 17th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Win and you get credit (Like SHSU did for NM). Lose and you get dinged. I am a fan of a team that is not getting it done on Saturday just like UTC (if if's and buts were candy and nuts....). The Mocs are out of the Top 25 and that is where they belong at this point in time. Those oh so close losses still show up as a "L"

How is my boy Janzen Jackson doing??

McNeese75
October 17th, 2011, 03:51 PM
How is my boy Janzen Jackson doing??

He is doing fine.

Skjellyfetti
October 17th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Jacksonville State is favored by 9. xlolx xrotatehx

bojeta
October 17th, 2011, 11:43 PM
I wish JSU the very best. I would love to see at least one more FCS over FBS win this year, but...... I just don't think so. I'm guessing in the 7-35 range. Hope I'm wrong.

chattanoogamocs
October 18th, 2011, 12:35 AM
I am definitely pulling for JSU to pull the upset...all boats rise with the tide. Just gives more validity to what the Mocs did to the Gamecocks.

...and it is good for all of FCS.

Cocky
October 18th, 2011, 06:17 AM
9 point favorite over a SEC conference school? We have a chance but that is hard to understand and I cant find a bookie to take the bet.

chattownmocs
October 18th, 2011, 07:40 AM
There is no way Jacksonville State is a 9 point favorite..None.

McNeese75
October 18th, 2011, 08:56 AM
9 point favorite over a SEC conference school? We have a chance but that is hard to understand and I cant find a bookie to take the bet.

Hummmmm, so you want the Cocks and are willing to give 9 points? Something tells me that bet could be placed with someone on this forum, LOL

Bam
October 18th, 2011, 09:16 AM
The AD this week told the media that Joker (?) will be back next year! I am puling for Jax St just hear the ole rednecks after the game call into the radio shows & show there a**. It's classic! UK D is not bad though? Ther offense is turrible, per Chuck.

asumike83
October 18th, 2011, 09:29 AM
The AD this week told the media that Joker (?) will be back next year! I am puling for Jax St just hear the ole rednecks after the game call into the radio shows & show there a**. It's classic! UK D is not bad though? Ther offense is turrible, per Chuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ua2lyifVtQ

Cocky
October 18th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Gojaxstate.com posters are reporting Danny said it was an error and will be corrected.
I was going to take UK and the points, either way I would be happy. I will take a less than 9 loss to a SEC team.

Redbirdz
October 18th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Jax State could win this game. They beat Ole Miss last year and came within 35 seconds of beating Florida State the preceeding year.

The sad thing here is that Danny Sheridan apparently doesn't know Jacksonville State from Jackson State. He appears to think it was Jackson State who beat Ole Miss. Good grief.

Milktruck74
October 18th, 2011, 10:53 AM

I'll give you JSU minus 9.

Milktruck74
October 18th, 2011, 11:02 AM
JSU beat Murray by 8, Murray lost of Louisville by 12, Louisville beat UK by 7.......using transitive properties..... Jax St by 3.

JSU needs to score early, build a lead and hold on. We always see FCS squads hold their own early, then depth takes over and the BCS team rolls in the second half. I'll be cheering for JSU in this one, but I don't really see it happening.

31-17 UK in the final, but the cocks go in 17-14 at the half.

Bam
October 18th, 2011, 01:49 PM
31 pts for that UK offense? Hell they need to pull Newton away from the buffet table!

Cocky
October 18th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Vegas insider has UK a 10 point fav.

kdinva
October 18th, 2011, 09:57 PM
.......The sad thing here is that Danny Sheridan apparently doesn't know Jacksonville State from Jackson State..
another idiot who could care less about D 1-AA....

bonarae
October 22nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
Uh oh... xsmhx
Kentucky 14
Jacksonville State 0
12:40 2Q

bonarae
October 22nd, 2011, 12:12 PM
Not again.

Kentucky 21
Jacksonville State 0
6:05 2Q

bonarae
October 22nd, 2011, 12:21 PM
Finally on the board...

Kentucky 21
Jacksonville State 7
2:28 2Q

bonarae
October 22nd, 2011, 12:33 PM
Disappointing.

Kentucky 24
Jacksonville State 7
HALFTIME

DSUrocks07
October 22nd, 2011, 01:38 PM
wow! SEC refs screwing J-State.

DSUrocks07
October 22nd, 2011, 01:45 PM
99-yd kickoff return for JSU

Kentucky - 31
JSU - 14
early 4th

McNeese75
October 22nd, 2011, 02:30 PM
wow! SEC refs screwing J-State.

Refs can't cover a 38-14 xasswhipx

DSUrocks07
October 22nd, 2011, 02:54 PM
Refs can't cover a 38-14 xasswhipx

I was referring to the late hit helmet to helmet on the JSU QB no-call because the ref got taken out by one of the Kentucky players before he could throw the flag. Ref had to leave the game, and they just let it go.

dgtw
October 23rd, 2011, 06:55 PM
Well, it was a nice trip, other than the game. I'm not about to say the loss was a fluke, but Jax state made some big mistakes you can't afford in games like this. Kentucky had a defensive TD and two other TDs on short drives set up by turnovers. The Gamecocks also had some costly penalties.

That being said, it was a strange place to see a football game. There didn't seem to be a buzz about the game in town. The Friday paper had one football related story, a generic story about the quarterback, not related to the game. We went on a walking tour of downtown Lexington Friday night, the tour guide seemed vaguely aware at best there was a game the next day. A drunk we met at dinner didn't know what we were talking about when we said why we were in town.

At the stadium, I talked to someone who thought we were from Florida but thought we'd win. Another person said he was hoping UK would lose so they'd fire the coach.

Then a DJ on the radio (not a sports show) said Jax State wasn't Division I.

Also, the fans in the section next to us seemed to be happier than they should be for beating an FCS team.

Oh, well. It helped pay for the stadium expansion.