PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding student tickets ....

Eagle22
October 16th, 2011, 04:03 PM
If your school either has a cap (ceiling) on student tickets, or requires a student to pay $$ in addition to their normal ticket fees, could you respond to this question with your cap # (if you know it) or the amount the ticket costs ?

Thanks .....

FargoBison
October 16th, 2011, 04:06 PM
If your school either has a cap (ceiling) on student tickets, or requires a student to pay $$ in addition to their normal ticket fees, could you respond to this question with your cap # (if you know it) or the amount the ticket costs ?

Thanks .....

Our cap is 4k.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Our cap is 4k.

playoff tickets are $8 for students. Otherwise students pay about $11 a credit for athletic admissions, not just for football.

NDSU caps fees and tuition at 12 credits, if you were to take 21 credits, you pay for 12.

Eagle22
October 16th, 2011, 04:16 PM
playoff tickets are $8 for students. Otherwise students pay about $11 a credit for athletic admissions, not just for football.

NDSU caps fees and tuition at 12 credits, if you were to take 21 credits, you pay for 12.

I understand about the playoff tickets ... all schools have to charge (some do subsidize though).... so there are no regular season ticket surcharges outside of the activity or athletic fee ?

FargoBison
October 16th, 2011, 04:19 PM
I understand about the playoff tickets ... all schools have to charge (some do subsidize though).... so there are no regular season ticket surcharges outside of the activity or athletic fee ?

No charge, just the activity fee.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 04:32 PM
I am unsure if the 11 dollar per credit fee is just for athletics or if it includes the shows also.. things like comedians hypnotists concerts mulive movies etc.

I think it may be what fargobison said an activity fee as opposed to an athletic fee. Not sure though.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Yes it is just a broad activity fee. Not all of it goes to athletics, some of it goes to student government and they divvy it out to various student organizations and clubs.

JmuSkinsfan
October 16th, 2011, 04:41 PM
8,000 cap ... student tickets are "free" but basically built into tuition with student fees.

AppStsGr8
October 16th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Appalachian doesn't cap student tickets and doesn't charge students for regular season games other than what their student fees cover. The students do have to print out their tickets. Students can also purchase student guest tickets for, I believe, $10 each. The student guest tickets are limited.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Appalachian doesn't cap student tickets and doesn't charge students for regular season games other than what their student fees cover. The students do have to print out their tickets. Students can also purchase student guest tickets for, I believe, $10 each. The student guest tickets are limited.

No cap? So if all 18,000 students show up and all the season ticket holders show up and all the reserved seats show up what do you do?

Not that our students would all ever show up anyway, but if htat were the case at NDSU Student population+season tickets is already 123% capacity before any reserved tickets or GA are accounted for.

F350KINGRANCH
October 16th, 2011, 05:21 PM
party

melloware13
October 16th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Student admission is free, after paying a mandatory fee of about $400 that covers all activities. Playoffs were $5 last year.

Up to the William & Mary game, it would be students pick up a ticket during the week before the game, now it is show up and swipe in. I'm not aware of a cap though, our student section has not come anywhere near it if it does exist.

AppState913
October 16th, 2011, 06:03 PM
No cap? So if all 18,000 students show up and all the season ticket holders show up and all the reserved seats show up what do you do?

Not that our students would all ever show up anyway, but if htat were the case at NDSU Student population+season tickets is already 123% capacity before any reserved tickets or GA are accounted for.

App's student sections are usually 2 people per seat. The students never sit down so it's typically not an issue. We also have the grass hill which doesn't have a particular number of seats and is GA so many students often wander over there if they don't arrive early enough to squeeze into the specific student sections.

Eagle22
October 16th, 2011, 07:52 PM
So far, caps @ NDSU and JMU but no one is paying additional ticket fees for regular season games.

Doesn't Montana have a cap on the students ?

Skjellyfetti
October 16th, 2011, 08:00 PM

This happened for the Lenoir-Rhyne game which was the first game after beating Michigan. There was nowhere for students to sit. The fire marshall made them stop allowing students in the gates. I was a student and had to sit on the hill indicated with the red arrow... because there was nowhere else to sit in the stadium:

http://oi56.tinypic.com/4in9ty.jpg

So, no official cap on students... but, once the fire marshall decides it's too full... it's too full.

JALMOND
October 16th, 2011, 08:11 PM

If that ever happened at a Portland State game, I would go home and get my camera. That is something that has not been seen before and probably would not be seen after so I would like to keep that picture for posterity.

gsu_paintballer
October 16th, 2011, 09:02 PM
The fire marshall would have a field day with the GSU student section

WWII
October 17th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Tickets are free @ Albany, to all athletic events. I believe there has only been a limit on some basketball games.

Walkon79
October 17th, 2011, 01:36 PM
So far, caps @ NDSU and JMU but no one is paying additional ticket fees for regular season games.

Doesn't Montana have a cap on the students ?

Don't know about Montana, but MSU has a cap of 4,100, no addtional ticket charges and they can purchase a $10 buddy pass the week of every home game. Another interesting thing... The students that attend all home games will have priority come Cat/Griz weekend.

Twentysix
October 17th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Don't know about Montana, but MSU has a cap of 4,100, no addtional ticket charges and they can purchase a $10 buddy pass the week of every home game. Another interesting thing... The students that attend all home games will have priority come Cat/Griz weekend.

NDSU needs to enstate this for homecoming and the marker.

AppStsGr8
October 17th, 2011, 03:32 PM
App's student sections are usually 2 people per seat. The students never sit down so it's typically not an issue. We also have the grass hill which doesn't have a particular number of seats and is GA so many students often wander over there if they don't arrive early enough to squeeze into the specific student sections.

Add to that the 1500 endzone seats that are student seating. I've actually seen the "red coats" turn students to different sections when the student section on the west side is full. The App students are great. Those in the Student Yosef Club get to go into the games 15 minutes early, so they're packed in the middle section before the rest of the students pile in.

I have two young alums who sit with me now that they've graduated. Their first comments at the first game related to how spacious the reserved seating is compared to the student section. I had to laugh because, in renovating the stadium, the seat numbers got slightly closer together making the reserved seating a little more cozy. We also had a good laugh over being able to sit down other than at half-time.

HailSzczur
October 17th, 2011, 03:55 PM
There's no cap on student tickets at Nova for anything but basketball, for which we have a lottery system.
All sporting events are free, I'm not sure what the cost of playoff tickets was in 2008 or 2009. We did had to pay $10 for the game vs Temple at the Linc

Eagle22
October 18th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Caps @ MSU, NDSU and JMU (so far).

Thanks for the responses.

Anyone else ?

TheBisonator
October 18th, 2011, 07:46 PM
NDSU needs to enstate this for homecoming and the marker.

THE MARKER GAME?? Didn't less than 2,000 students attend the Marker Game last year??

I would bet that there may be as many, if not more NDSU students travelling to Brookings this Saturday than were at the SDSU game last year...

Twentysix
October 18th, 2011, 09:37 PM
THE MARKER GAME?? Didn't less than 2,000 students attend the Marker Game last year??

I would bet that there may be as many, if not more NDSU students travelling to Brookings this Saturday than were at the SDSU game last year...

I cant remember, I only see people infront of me. :p.

It was a great game though.

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics32/640/PC/PCDUACCGXOKSOSP.20110226193546.jpg

Is the only SDSU game I remember what the student attendance was like.