vs. Big South 1-1
vs. CAA 0-5
vs. Ivy 9-7
vs. MEAC 1-0
vs. MVFC 0-1
vs. NEC 5-0
vs. PFL 3-0

STANDINGS:
(Patriot League W-L is listed first, followed by overall W-L)

Lehigh 2-0, 6-1
Holy Cross 1-0, 3-3
Bucknell 1-1, 4-3
Colgate 1-1, 4-3
Georgetown 1-1, 5-2
Lafayette 0-1, 2-4
Fordham* 0-1, 1-5

*Ineligible for League championship and auto-bid.

ngineer
October 15th, 2011, 11:10 PM
With the spotted pussies raping the Yale locks this week, are we seeing spots? A great confidence builder after leaving Camp Frankasaurus. Fordham should be just what the doctor ordered. Rams are reeling,now, at 1-5. Some of their losses have been tough and they're banged up, but who isn't at this time of year? While everyone is mesmirized by Lum's numbers, Rams also gave up 182 on the ground, so 'pards should be able to move the ball. Nice fall day at Fisher, Lafayette makes it two in a row. 25-21.

Bison seem to have either regressed or just realized their schedule got upgraded starting last week, and it doesn't stop. Holy Cross should have no trouble. Crusaders coast, 35-17.

Colgate at Georgetown is intriguing since D.C. has been the scene of some close calls for Raiders. Due to reports that Eachus left the game this week with a concussion makes this pick an 'IFFER'...If Eachus plays, Raiders pound it home, 31-17. If Eachus sits it out, Hoyas could pull it off. A 'trap' game for the Raiders with Lehigh lurking on the schedule the week after? Hoyas stun the Raiders at home in that scenario, 24-17.

Lehigh is given it's toughest test so far this year as Bye has special teams taken to the woodshed.

TheValleyRaider
October 15th, 2011, 11:23 PM
vs. Ivy 9-7

Clinches the season series :D

Colgate at Georgetown is intriguing since D.C. has been the scene of some close calls for Raiders. Due to reports that Eachus left the game this week with a concussion makes this pick an 'IFFER'...If Eachus plays, Raiders pound it home, 31-17. If Eachus sits it out, Hoyas could pull it off. A 'trap' game for the Raiders with Lehigh lurking on the schedule the week after? Hoyas stun the Raiders at home in that scenario, 24-17.

Eachus did not play at all today. He sat out in relation to a concussion suffered previously. According to scuttlebutt on the Colgate Voy board, he passed the baseline tests but did not sit out NCAA-mandated hours before playing (the suggestion being that if the game had been at night, he could have played). I am not up on NCAA concussion regulations, but if that is the case, I would guess Eachus plays on Saturday. I don't know anything about McCarney's status, but Heisenberg (today's starter) left with a foot injury, no idea on his status as well. Good times in the Hamilton ward

Pard4Life
October 15th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Bulls make money. Bears make money. BISON get SLAUGHTERED!!!

Bogus Megapardus
October 15th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Gate showing some resilience, though. Nice win.

Pard4Life
October 15th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Gate showing some resilience, though.

Yeah, and so did the Black Knight...

Bogus Megapardus
October 15th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Yeah, and so did the Black Knight...

You're saying this is a mere flesh wound?

Ivytalk
October 15th, 2011, 11:49 PM
You're saying this is a mere flesh wound?

Have at you!:)

Lafayette
Colgate
Holy Cross

Bogus Megapardus
October 15th, 2011, 11:59 PM
I'm reserving judgment until I learn more about the three Fordham defensive starters who were out vs Lehigh. The fate of Messrs. Eachus and McCarney will not be revealed prior to game time, I'm afraid. Just not seeing it with any longer with Bucknell; I though there was more there. Bring out yer dead. Nine pence score they will not.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 16th, 2011, 12:01 AM
I'm reserving judgment until I learn more about the three Fordham defensive starters who were out vs Lehigh. The fate of Messrs. Eachus and McCarney will not be revealed prior to game time, I'm afraid. Just not seeing with any longer with Bucknell; I though there was more there. Bring out yer dead.

Bucknell is still vastly undersized. They have a long, long way to go imo.

Pard4Life
October 16th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Well at least we have two of your next avatars Bogie:

Colgate: black knight
Holy Cross: pink teletubby tinki winkie (with purse)

Bogus Megapardus
October 16th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Well at least we have two of your next avatars Bogie:

Colgate: black knight
Holy Cross: pink teletubby tinki winkie (with purse)

First things first. I need a Fordham avatar.

EDIT - I think I have the first one. The Flying Lombardi.

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/9784/flyinglombardisharp.png

Pard4Life
October 16th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Nice! And put a superman style "F" on his chest!

Bogus Megapardus
October 16th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Nice! And put a superman style "F" on his chest!

I can do that. Yes, I can. It will block out the identifying #40, though.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/3868/flyinglombardisharpwith.png

carney2
October 16th, 2011, 12:21 PM
FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE – By far the toughest one to choose this week. The Pards played some good minutes against Eli, but didn't keep it up for a full game. Masella could lose to anyone – and usually does. Going with the home team and that Masella thing, but not with a lot of confidence.

HOLY CROSS @ BUCKNELL – Not as bad as last week at Harvard, but this is a no contest.

COLGATE @ GEORGETOWN – No McCarney? No Eachus? Might shrink the spread, but the outcome will be the same.

TheValleyRaider
October 17th, 2011, 12:54 PM
5-1 last week, bitten at the last by Lafayette (or Yale, as the case may be). Now 32-7 for the year, on pace for my best year doing this

Fordham at Lafayette Lafayette Of course the hardest game to pick is the first one. Lafayette is running hot and cold this year, while Fordham appears to be merely cold. The Rams' struggles are a bit difficult to fathom, and while they may come together in future seasons, this year appears to be disintegrating. Speaking of a disintegrating season, the Leopards suddenly appear formidible, or at least able to beat Yale and ultimately seal the PL's victory over the Ivies. You think I'd know better than to really trust Tavani's tabbies, but at home against a struggling "League" foe, I'll take the plunge

Holy Cross at Bucknell Holy Cross Crusaders look like they struggled a bit, but were able to pull away against Dartmouth last week. Bucknell, meanwhile, looked fairly overmatched against the League's top team. I'm more skeptical about HC's ability to hang with/beat the Hawks, but they should still be able to handle Bucknell, who is finding trouble with the more difficult sections of their schedule

Colgate at Georgetown Colgate Colgate survived a rivalry game with players out/dropping like flies during the game. McCarney's status is still very much in doubt, as is Hasenberg's, but most of what I hear suggests Eachus will be ready to go in DC. Against Lehigh in two weeks, that may be a problem, but against Georgetown, who like Bucknell is going to see their schedule ramp up considerably as they get into League action, the Raiders will be fairly confident. No guarantees of course, not in college sports, but I expect a complete effort against a less-explosive offense than Big Red's

CFBfan
October 17th, 2011, 03:22 PM
What is wrong with McCarney?

Bogus Megapardus
October 17th, 2011, 03:35 PM

He chose Colgate. xnonox

CFBfan
October 17th, 2011, 03:39 PM
He chose Colgate. xnonox

could've been Bogie......he could've selected Lehigh

TheValleyRaider
October 17th, 2011, 05:10 PM

Upper-body injury suffered at the end of the Monmouth game. We won't know his playing status for sure until CIA (Colgate Intelligence Agency) leadership lets us in on the secret. My guess is he doesn't play, but Eachus does, though that is speculative at best

He chose Colgate. xnonox

Only a problem for the rest of you :D

CFBfan
October 17th, 2011, 05:18 PM
thanks Raider: ("Upper-body injury suffered at the end of the Monmouth game. We won't know his playing status for sure until CIA (Colgate Intelligence Agency) leadership lets us in on the secret. My guess is he doesn't play, but Eachus does, though that is speculative at best")
How is his back up?

TheValleyRaider
October 17th, 2011, 06:43 PM
How is his back up?

Hasenberg looked alright, though in a limited offense, and then he hurt his foot in the 3rd quarter. Went to the hospital during the game, no idea what his status is for this week either

His backup is either Ryan Smith or Jimmy DeCicco. Smith got one drive after Hasenberg's injury, then DeCicco finished the game (after returning kicks earlier in the game). They combined to attempt 1 pass. Which one would start? No idea

carney2
October 17th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Hasenberg looked alright, though in a limited offense, and then he hurt his foot in the 3rd quarter. Went to the hospital during the game, no idea what his status is for this week either

His backup is either Ryan Smith or Jimmy DeCicco. Smith got one drive after Hasenberg's injury, then DeCicco finished the game (after returning kicks earlier in the game). They combined to attempt 1 pass. Which one would start? No idea

What difference? All they're going to do is give the ball to Eachus. Plug Van, ngineer, cr or Bogie in. Any of them could handle the job. Forget me or KenZ. We'd botch it for sure.

colorless raider
October 17th, 2011, 07:07 PM
What difference? All they're going to do is give the ball to Eachus. Plug Van, ngineer, cr or Bogie in. Any of them could handle the job. Forget me or KenZ. We'd botch it for sure.

Gate is in big trouble if I am handling the ball. No doubt if no Eachus it will be McCord and Lewis alternating again. The real question is qb.

Bogus Megapardus
October 17th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Plug Van, ngineer, cr or Bogie in.

I could (a) hand the ball off, (b) complete a short screen to a wide-open tailback or (c) roll off a pick to find an attack in space lying low in the crease. Choices (a) and (b) require the complete absence of any defensive pressure, of course. Short of that, don't give me too much credit.

Bogus Megapardus
October 17th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Fordham fans - any word on the status of Matthew Sconiers, Khary Powell, and Kevin Carter? Is Justin Yancy out for good? I need to get my picks in here.

van
October 17th, 2011, 09:07 PM

I could hand off from the shotgun, don't think I could bend over enough to take snap from center.

Pard4Life
October 17th, 2011, 10:30 PM
No Colgate runs the option handoff QB keeper around the tackle too... anyone want to take some hits? Sign me up!

RichH2
October 18th, 2011, 09:59 AM
If they allowed motorized wheelchairs and an armed guard , I'm your guy.

ColgateTD
October 18th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Lafayette - Pards are showing signs of life as they tweak things for The Game later on. Gotta support carney2's team.
Holy Cross - Could be a trap game for The Cross; just don't think the Bison have the horses yet.
Colgate - we won with our JV unit last week; no reason we can't do it again, but could be a trap game, especially in DC where we seem to have problems. Smith has the arm to get the job done, and Eachus should play, post-concussion. McCord playing two-ways can spell Nate if he can't go.

Ken_Z
October 18th, 2011, 11:58 AM

now again, which of you is Eachus? okay i'll remember to get it to you next time.

Bogus Megapardus
October 18th, 2011, 03:00 PM
The Football Championship Subdivision, along with its trusty servant, Patsy, must do without the services of the Lehigh All-Abouts this weekend. Shame. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

Colgate at Georgetown – It now looks as if those press-prohibiting Potomac puppies have met their match. Colgate will reveal no information on the whereabouts, let alone the injury status, of emerging star quarterback Gavin McCarney or the legendary Nate Eachus. Word is that a young reporter from the Utica Observer-Dispatch tried to ask but was told not to enter the room. Or leave the room. Whichever. At the end of the day, although they mercilessly annihilated the hapless Pards, the D.C. Bulldogs lost to Bucknell and to Yale, the only team of consequence they have faced. Colgate's wins over Albany, Monmouth and Cornell mean much more. Colgate 31-24

Holy Cross at Bucknell – "And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits." Bucknell's convincing wins over Georgetown and Princeton had me believing. Subsequent blowouts against Lehigh and Harvard have inspired a return to rational thought. Holy Crusader QB Ryan Taggart is the real deal. Arthur and Bedevere clip Roger the Shrubber in Lewisburg, leaving one fewer thing to do there. Holy Cross 35-14

Fordham at Lafayette – Anybody else get the feeling that neither of these underperforming teams deserves to win this game? The Rams are gung-ho on full scholarships, moving up to a "real" football conference and purchasing the best high school talent available in places that have never before heard of the Bronx. Meanwhile, Lafayette is abandoning equivalencies like Brave Sir Robin at the Swamp Castle, while just now realizing that halving the recruiting class might actually make a noticeable difference after all. Without a quality win, at 1-5 Fordham travels to Army next week to renew that long-standing, oft-played historic rivalry with the Black Knights. The Rams are looking so far past the Leopards this weekend that I'll be shocked if they even to remember to get on the bus. While the Pards might seem wholly inconsequential at 2-4, both wins are over quality opponents. They're not quite dead yet. Lafayette 27-24

Pard4Life
October 19th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Last week 5-1, overall 29-10...

Colgate 31, Georgetown 21... Hoyas have never beaten Colgate and will find another way to lose. A loss for the Hoyas erases the Pard league loss.

Holy Cross 42, Bucknell 14... Jim Cramer of Mad Money is going to have a new slogan after this week: "Bulls make money. Bears make money. BISON get SLAUGHTERED!!"

Lafayette 28, Fordham 20... Pards are finally emerging as a team despite Frankosaurus' best efforts to manage away the game vs Yale. Fordham is directionless, dispirited, and looking towards bigger fish next week. I'm not as downbeat as the other Pards and think we will win this one convincingly. The team who wants it more wins.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 19th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Bogus and Pard4Life: Better get ready. Katy Perry's a Lehigh fan.

carney2
October 19th, 2011, 10:38 AM

Singing her latest hit, "Dung, Oh Marvelous Dung."

If it's brown, flush it down.

Pard4Life
October 19th, 2011, 11:02 AM

The First Lady of Texas?

RichH2
October 19th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Pards 2 in a row
Gate coming into form
Cross Taggert will fly, but watch out for Hoya front line ,if they consistently hit qb, game will be close

ColgateTD
October 19th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Pards 2 in a row
Gate coming into form
Cross Taggert will fly, but watch out for Hoya front line ,if they consistently hit qb, game will be close

Rich: it's Bison playing Cross, not Hoyas.

Bogus Megapardus
October 19th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Katy Perry's a Lehigh fan.

Not to worry. Top physicians have found a cure.

ngineer
October 19th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Singing her latest hit, "Dung, Oh Marvelous Dung."

If it's brown, flush it down.

We are flush with success. Meanwhile, the Moron Club dreams of basketball.

RichH2
October 19th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Rich: it's Bison playing Cross, not Hoyas.
OOPs, same logic tho. Another senior moment, time for a cold one

carney2
October 19th, 2011, 02:24 PM
We are flush with success. Meanwhile, the Moron Club dreams of basketball.

The FeatherHeads are "flush with success." A Squawk with a sense of humor and a flair for the moment. Unusual, to say the least. That's one for the brown guys, 'neer.

Bogus Megapardus
October 19th, 2011, 02:34 PM
The FeatherHeads are "flush with success." A Squawk with a sense of humor and a flair for the moment. Unusual, to say the least. That's one for the brown guys, 'neer.

Trust me, the Lehigh photoshop file will be locked and loaded when it comes time. Featherweights might be offended, I'm afraid.

RichH2
October 19th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Trust me, the Lehigh photoshop file will be locked and loaded when it comes time. Featherweights might be offended, I'm afraid.

I swear half the fun has become the week preceding the game. I have faith you can top your last years performance. Of course Lehigh will also. So it makes for a great week for me

Bogus Megapardus
October 19th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I swear half the fun has become the week preceding the game. I have faith you can top your last years performance. Of course Lehigh will also. So it makes for a great week for me

Marshaling an assault from an apparent competitive disadvantage will take some tactical doing. I prefer to think that we've got you just where we want you, though.

RichH2
October 19th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Ah , the great secret has been revealed Pards like to be on the bottom

Bogus Megapardus
October 19th, 2011, 02:57 PM

Oh, my. Now you've opened a can of worms. I wasn't going to go there, but . . . .

RichH2
October 19th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Oh, my. Now you've opened a can of worms. I wasn't going to go there, but . . . .

Oh yes you were Bogie. besides like Pards last week ,we have nothing better to do for a week. I refuse to obsess on Gate until next week. Pulling your tail guarantees a wiity resonse . Any way pards will win in a walk so you mght as well hone your rapier for the real fracas

Bogus Megapardus
October 19th, 2011, 03:10 PM
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/773/herequeer400.png

Only $29.95 (plus tax) at the Lehigh University Bookstore. Order yours today!

Fordham
October 19th, 2011, 05:18 PM

Ha! Well played.

Pard4Life
October 19th, 2011, 11:43 PM

Come on bogie; that does not conform to the standards set forth by our gender studies department and disparages and insults engineers everywhere.

Doc QB
October 20th, 2011, 07:14 AM

Thats freakin' hilarious...may dad is an alum, engineer too. Priceless.

Bogus Megapardus
October 20th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Come on bogie; that does not conform to the standards set forth by our gender studies department and disparages and insults engineers everywhere.

They can all get together and do a seminar on the narrow-mindedness and insensitivity of Lafayette alumni and the "football culture" in general. What unevolved, uneducated fools we are! Then they can have lunch and add another ten pounds to the caboose.

Somehow, somewhere, I think that Kate Upton would think it's funny, though. Maybe Katy Perry, too.

RichH2
October 20th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Great photoshop, your funniest yet. Forwarded it to my son, also LU grad.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 20th, 2011, 09:32 AM

http://deceiver.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/katy_perry.jpg

xthumbsupx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 20th, 2011, 09:34 AM
http://media.celebrity-pictures.ca/Celebrities/Katy-Perry/Katy-Perry-1096526.jpg

Wearing Lehigh's school color after watching Lehigh pound Lafayette last year

Lehigh Football Nation
October 20th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Also rumor has it that Last Friday Night is an ode to.. Lehigh Football. xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 20th, 2011, 09:37 AM
"After skinning the leopard and enjoying it over fava beans with a nice Chianti, she had it made into a coat to demonstrate what happens when Lafayette folks get in her way."

http://www.billboard.com/photos/stylus/100719-katy_perry_617_409.jpg

RichH2
October 20th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Photoshop wars have begun.

Bogus Megapardus
October 20th, 2011, 09:50 AM
fava beans with a nice Chianti

The good doctor himself puts from the rough, as I recall. He's in good company up there on Sayre Drive.

Bogus Megapardus
October 20th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Wearing Lehigh's school color after watching Lehigh pound Lafayette last year

You've convinced me that it's really true. Ms. Perry's companion displays all of the attributes and characteristics typically associated with the denizens of your fine institution.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9826/typicallehighstudent600.png

Lehigh Football Nation
October 20th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Photoshop wars have begun.

I'm warning you now - I am going to lose a PhotoShop war. Um.... TheFan? Do you know PhotoShop? xlolx

Leopard Loyalist
October 20th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I hate to interrupt the PhotoShop War with something as mundane as predictions, but here they are:

Lafayette over Fordham....(Faith tentatively restored)
Holy Cross over Bucknell
Colgate over Georgetown

5-1 last week, thankfully wrong on the Pards. 31-9 for the season.

Bogus Megapardus
October 20th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I hate to interrupt the PhotoShop War with something as mundane as predictions, but here they are:

Lafayette over Fordham....(Faith tentatively restored)
Holy Cross over Bucknell
Colgate over Georgetown

5-1 last week, thankfully wrong on the Pards. 31-9 for the season.

Interrupting a pick 'em thread with actual picks? Why the nerve!

RichH2
October 20th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Is he trying to hijack the thread, I wonder

TheValleyRaider
October 20th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Is he trying to hijack the thread, I wonder

Even stranger, he's even a supporter of one of those schools who actually cares what you two are up to :D

Bogus Megapardus
October 20th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Even stranger, he's even a supporter of one of those schools who actually cares what you two are up to :D

xlolxxrotatehxxrolleyesx

van
October 20th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Was 6-0 last week, yes I picked the Pards to beat the Eli!

I smell a surprise this week, but going with Lafayette again, Holy Cross in a close one over Bucknell, and my upset special Georgetown over the Gate.

Bogus Megapardus
October 20th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Yale (pk) at Penn o/u 45.5

Brown (-11.5) at Cornell o/u 42.5

Colgate (-4.5) at Georgetown o/u 53.5

Harvard (-30.5) vs Princeton o/u 47.5

Lafayette (-10.5) vs Fordham o/u 41.5

Holy Cross (-7.5) at Bucknell o/u 40.5

Dartmouth (-10) vs Columbia o/u 43.5

Other Games of Interest:

New Hampshire (-3) vs UMass o/u 67.5

Delaware (-10) at Rhode Island o/u 37.5

Wofford (-14) at Furman o/u 58.5

William & Mary (-3) vs Towson o/u 38

Maine (-4) at Richmond o/u 49

Ivytalk
October 20th, 2011, 04:10 PM
:D

Brown (-11.5) at Cornell o/u 42.5

Lafayette (-10.5) vs Fordham o/u 41.

Holy Cross (-7.5) at Bucknell o/u 40.5

Other Games of Interest:

Delaware (-10) at Rhode Island o/u 37.5

William & Mary (-3) vs Towson o/u 38

Maine (-4) at Richmond o/u 49

Let me call my bookie! Bet the house on URI!

Bogus Megapardus
October 20th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I think I'd take Brown and Holy Cross, and lay the points.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 21st, 2011, 12:07 PM
Just a friendly reminder to check/bookmark the Patriot League Live scoreboard this weekend:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/p/football-live-scoreboard.html

An interesting tidbit: if you subscribed to CBS ULive (like I did for this month), you can watch all three Patriot League games!

Fordham/Laf is on the local stations on the Lafayette Sports Network, while Colgate/Georgetown will be available to both subscribers on-demand through Fios1.

CFBfan
October 21st, 2011, 12:46 PM
Just a friendly reminder to check/bookmark the Patriot League Live scoreboard this weekend:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/p/football-live-scoreboard.html

An interesting tidbit: if you subscribed to CBS ULive (like I did for this month), you can watch all three Patriot League games!

Fordham/Laf is on the local stations on the Lafayette Sports Network, while Colgate/Georgetown will be available to both subscribers on-demand through Fios1.
I wonder if Bogie will tune into the GU game?!

Bogus Megapardus
October 21st, 2011, 12:52 PM
Although removed from the ordinary Roman liturgy following Vatican II, the Dies Irae remains an important part of Jesuit tradition. In a special halftime celebration at Lafayette's Homecoming this weekend, "Ignatius Catalexis," Fordham's cloistered a cappella ensemble, will honor its Rams with a performance of stanza XIX of the classical latin Requiem.

Watch here as the group celebrates both the consequence of Fordham's proud decision to free itself of ties to the Patriot League, and the dramatic advantage the Rams have gained this season by abandoning unnecessary and restrictive academic standards for football "participants."

http://vimeo.com/30877829
Pie Jesu Dominae, dona eis requiem.

Bogus Megapardus
October 21st, 2011, 01:00 PM
I wonder if Bogie will tune into the GU game?!

The problem with Georgetown's anti-football broadcast policy is that it deprives the rest of us from watching the Red Raiders play some excellent Patriot League football. Could I get an exemption if I promise to cover Georgetown's half of the field on my computer screen with duct tape?

BTW, FiOS1 never actually aired that tape delay of the Lafayette-Georgetown game, did it? Or maybe we're still simply waiting for it . . . .

Ken_Z
October 21st, 2011, 01:03 PM
FORDHAM 21 @ LAFAYETTE 20: don't want Fordham to be winless against the PL when my Bison play them. plus i can't break my streak of picking Laf to lose regardless of what my football (non)sense tells me.

HOLY CROSS 24 @ BUCKNELL 28: hoops practice has started, will a bigger homecoming crowd be at the football stadium or attend the intrasquad scrimmage at Sojka? the next good football news for Bucknell will be the stadium overhaul announcement as the next indicator of increased commitment to the program. should be coming soon.

COLGATE 35 @ GEORGETOWN 21: the next good football news for Georgetown will be the stadium completement announcement as an next indicator of increased commitment to the program. should be coming in the year 2135.

Bogus Megapardus
October 21st, 2011, 01:18 PM
next good football news for Bucknell will be the stadium overhaul announcement as the next indicator of increased commitment to the program. should be coming soon.

Seriously? Bucknell really doesn't need a stadium overhaul (unless it's simply for restrooms/concessions/ticket entrance upgrades, etc). It's a fine facility. Those shrubberies remain splendid as well. The Bison could lend some of Christy Mathewson to Georgetown and still have a perfectly nice home for Bucknell football, and MSF would be immeasurably improved.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2011, 02:21 PM
Holy Cross 31 Bucknell 14 - I can't see the Crusaders having much trouble.
Lafayette 28 Fordham 24 - Should be a close game, Lafayette has a little more firepower.
Colgate 31 Georgetown 24 - Probably the most interesting game of the week. I'll take the Raiders based on Biddle.

DFW HOYA
October 21st, 2011, 02:30 PM
The problem with Georgetown's anti-football broadcast policy is that it deprives the rest of us from watching the Red Raiders play some excellent Patriot League football. Could I get an exemption if I promise to cover Georgetown's half of the field on my computer screen with duct tape?

Not to let facts stand in the way of an argument, but the decision to broadcast a game ultimately rests with the carrier, not the school.

Being out of town and a DirecTV customer, I can't see a single FiOS game, so if Georgetown could negotiate a better deal, I'm all for it. Then again, if the PL wasn't so timid to pursue a league-wide package, this might have already solved itself.

Bogus Megapardus
October 21st, 2011, 02:42 PM
Colgate fans - any insight on Eachus and McCarney? The Red Raiders might have their hands full in D.C. without them. It's a good thing to see a competitive Hoya squad this year - for Colgate and for the rest of the PL.

Addendum -

Being out of town and a DirecTV customer, I can't see a single FiOS game, so if Georgetown could negotiate a better deal, I'm all for it. Then again, if the PL wasn't so timid to pursue a league-wide package, this might have already solved itself.

I'd simply like folks to be able to watch a great Georgetown - Colgate Patriot League matchup. In a perfect world, all of the PL stadia would be the size of Fitton or Goodman, and all the broadcasts would look like LSN. We don't have that. But the schools ought to do their best not to stand in the way, that's all.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 21st, 2011, 02:58 PM
I'd simply like folks to be able to watch a great Georgetown - Colgate Patriot League matchup.

And with CBS ULive and a little know-how, you can.

Remise
October 21st, 2011, 03:39 PM
Colgate fans - any insight on Eachus and McCarney? The Red Raiders might have their hands full in D.C. without them. It's a good thing to see a competitive Hoya squad this year - for Colgate and for the rest of the PL.

Addendum -

I'd simply like folks to be able to watch a great Georgetown - Colgate Patriot League matchup. In a perfect world, all of the PL stadia would be the size of Fitton or Goodman, and all the broadcasts would look like LSN. We don't have that. But the schools ought to do their best not to stand in the way, that's all.

The latest I have heard -- and others will know more -- is that they are both expected to play. I hope so, as this will be the first game I attend in about five years. It's a shame about Hasenberg -- maybe somebody will have an update on himm, too.

TheValleyRaider
October 21st, 2011, 03:54 PM
The latest I have heard -- and others will know more -- is that they are both expected to play. I hope so, as this will be the first game I attend in about five years. It's a shame about Hasenberg -- maybe somebody will have an update on himm, too.

As I understand it, Eachus was ready to go last weekend, but got held up by the NCAA. At the very least, he claims he was ready, and I expect he will play this weekend. Our sources are probably the same for McCarney, but I also heard that he expects to play on Saturday

jayhawkdaddy
October 21st, 2011, 04:04 PM
Lafayette
Holy Cross
Colgate

Bogus Megapardus
October 21st, 2011, 04:21 PM
For Lafayette, C Crooks, WR Bennett and T Buffolino definitely are out, it seems.

Any other news on the injury front?

ngineer
October 21st, 2011, 04:33 PM
Seriously? Bucknell really doesn't need a stadium overhaul (unless it's simply for restrooms/concessions/ticket entrance upgrades, etc). It's a fine facility. Those shrubberies remain splendid as well. The Bison could lend some of Christy Mathewson to Georgetown and still have a perfectly nice home for Bucknell football, and MSF would be immeasurably improved.

I agree--other than installing a roof over the visitors stands to shade us every two years. That is a nasty western sun at that time of year. Otherwise, I think CMS is a fine stadium. Chairbacks for a majority of the seats, even.

ngineer
October 21st, 2011, 04:36 PM
Hope to catch the second half of the Laughyette game when I get back in town from visiting the 'rents. If the 'pards win two in a row, I might start getting a little nervous.xsmiley_wix

Bogus Megapardus
October 21st, 2011, 06:12 PM
I agree--other than installing a roof over the visitors stands to shade us every two years. That is a nasty western sun at that time of year.

Same issue at Lafayette. That's why most fans from the opposing teams try to sit on the home side.

Bogus Megapardus
October 21st, 2011, 06:29 PM
Line changes (in bold) this week based on action:

Brown (-11.5) at Cornell o/u 42.5 Brown (-12.5)

Lafayette (-10.5) vs Fordham o/u 41.5 Lafayette (-13)

Holy Cross (-7.5) at Bucknell o/u 40.5 Holy Cross (-8)

Other Games of Interest:

Delaware (-10) at Rhode Island o/u 37.5 Delaware (-8)

William & Mary (-3) vs Towson o/u 38 William & Mary (-1.5)

Maine (-4) at Richmond o/u 49 Maine (3.5)

carney2
October 21st, 2011, 07:25 PM
Lafayette is a 13 point pick over Fordham...someone...anyone... I may take up gambling. The guys that set the odds don't have a clue.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 21st, 2011, 07:45 PM
Lafayette is a 13 point pick over Fordham...someone...anyone... I may take up gambling. The guys that set the odds don't have a clue.

+1. Though I would have lost my shirt with Yale last weekend. xlolx

Ivytalk
October 21st, 2011, 09:51 PM
geesh, this is going to be one big upset once Princeton wins the game tomorrow!

xcrazyxxcrazyxxcrazyxxazzx

You been smokin' that orange-and-black reefer, Fan!:p

That said, take the points.

LehighU11
October 21st, 2011, 10:03 PM
All of tomorrow's Patriot League games will be streamed live here (http://pizzatv.yolasite.com/september-10-fcs-football.php). The coverage at Bucknell from Lehigh's game from a couple weeks back was pretty good, but Fordham was terrible (camera phone video quality).

ngineer
October 21st, 2011, 11:00 PM
For those within the Lehigh Valley Region/SE PA and Western Joysey, RCN will be carrying Lafayette/Fordham on Channel 4.

Bogus Megapardus
October 22nd, 2011, 01:24 AM
Coverage of Lafayette/Fordham will be of broadcast quality, as usual. In addition to RCN 4, it will be on WBPH-60 as well as on cable and satellite systems carrying WBPH (including DirecTV, Dish Network and Comcast) in the region. In Princeton NJ, for example, the game will be on Comcast channel 21, Dish Network channel 8169 and DirecTV channel 60. On Service Electric cable in the Lehigh Valley and Western New Jersey, it's on channel 51.

'Gate93
October 22nd, 2011, 09:06 AM
Lafayette over Fordham
Bucknell over HC
'Gate over G'town

CrusaderBob
October 22nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
The Football Championship Subdivision, along with its trusty servant, Patsy, must do without the services of the Lehigh All-Abouts this weekend. Shame. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

Listen strange school presidents meetin' in Center Valley, distributing need based aid only is no basis for building a competitive conference. Supreme conference power derives itself in a mandate on scholarships, not some farcical Ivy ceremony.

4 -1 Last Week.

29 -10 on the year.

Colgate
Holy Cross
Fordham

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2011, 11:21 AM
Fordham
HC
G'Town (upset special!)