PDA

View Full Version : UNH vs W&M Game thread

UNHFan
October 15th, 2011, 08:19 AM
OK I guess Ill get it going. So Coach calls the this game "The Test" Whats everyones thoughts on this?

UNH 35 W&M 24

R3TRO
October 15th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Is there going to be a free feed for this game? I'm out in Colorado at a hotel with really crappy wireless and I really don't want to pay for the game if there's a chance that the connection won't even be able to handle to feed.

UNHFan
October 15th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Is there going to be a free feed for this game? I'm out in Colorado at a hotel with really crappy wireless and I really don't want to pay for the game if there's a chance that the connection won't even be able to handle to feed.

Well the game is on Comcast New England If you have DirectTV you get it anywhere in the US If not mot sports bars have it..

R3TRO
October 15th, 2011, 08:28 AM
True, but I don't know how many sports bars around here will be open at 10am.

UNHFan
October 15th, 2011, 08:35 AM
what town in CO are you in?

R3TRO
October 15th, 2011, 08:35 AM
The Springs.

UNHFan
October 15th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Kelly O'brians Sports Bar & Grill shows having NFL Ticket means they have Direct TV so I am sure if you get there 11:30 your time you can catch most of it..

R3TRO
October 15th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Thank you. Go Cat's!

smcwildcat
October 15th, 2011, 09:39 AM
are you meeting marry Samsonite? "I just figured she was a raging alcoholic"

JmuSkinsfan
October 15th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I want to go with the easy pick and say UNH ... BUT, UNH posters mentioned that WM always plays UNH tough ... and because I need to pick an upset this week (or at least feel the urge to ... is Towson over ODU an upset?) ... I will say WM 24 UNH 21

William and Mary controls the clock with Jonathan Grimes and keep UNH's potent offense at bay for most of the game. WM mixes enough passes in to hold on and win.

R3TRO
October 15th, 2011, 10:00 AM
are you meeting marry Samsonite? "I just figured she was a raging alcoholic"

I'm not but that John Denver was full of ****.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2011, 10:47 AM
There's gotta be a live stream of Comcast New England somewhere online. I can't find it yet. I miss channel surfing. :(

WrenFGun
October 15th, 2011, 11:04 AM
This game concerns me. W&M beat us last year without really throwing at all. Grimes is a beast. I expect a low scoring game.

R3TRO
October 15th, 2011, 11:08 AM
There's gotta be a live stream of Comcast New England somewhere online. I can't find it yet. I miss channel surfing. :(

If you find it let me know. I will do the same.

Mattymc727
October 15th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Looks like wind is a huge factor today

Mattymc727
October 15th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Interception by UNH

WrenFGun
October 15th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Peters fumbles, AGAIN. Enough is enough with the fumbles, Dontra. He's just not strong enough.

Mattymc727
October 15th, 2011, 11:17 AM
and another UNH fumble............

R3TRO
October 15th, 2011, 11:18 AM
What is with UNH and fumbles!!? This is getting frustrating!

dwtime
October 15th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Why does Peters always do this? The extra yard isn't worth it, go down!!!!

Mattymc727
October 15th, 2011, 11:21 AM
UNH forces 3 and out. Gets the ball back at the 20. Still no score

Mattymc727
October 15th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Another botched opportunity by UNH.....I dont like how this game is starting....

R3TRO
October 15th, 2011, 11:36 AM
This is how every game against W&M goes.

R3TRO
October 15th, 2011, 11:48 AM
You have to go for it here.

R3TRO
October 15th, 2011, 11:51 AM
4th and 3 and you don't hand it off!?!? WTF!!!

Mattymc727
October 15th, 2011, 11:53 AM
10 first downs, 7 yards per play....and no points

molly
October 15th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Another W&M turnover.

molly
October 15th, 2011, 12:11 PM
UNH with 37 yard FG. A little more than 2 minutes left in the half. 3-0 UNH.

Mattymc727
October 15th, 2011, 12:11 PM
UNH 3 W&M 0. 2:30 left in the half

R3TRO
October 15th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Grimes owns UNH.

molly
October 15th, 2011, 12:14 PM
That was an amazing run after the catch.

WrenFGun
October 15th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Completely unacceptable tackling by UNH.

I wouldn't be surprised to see UNH lose this one. They are missing huge opportunities everywhere.

Justin Mello also just made the most ridiculous one-handed catch I've ever seen.

WrenFGun
October 15th, 2011, 12:24 PM
WOWOWOWOWOWOW.

RJ HARRIS TD with 8 seconds left in the first half. Jumped absurdly high.

dwtime
Harris!!!!!

R3TRO
Harris is ridiculous!

molly
Impressive drive to answer by UNH.

UNHFan
October 15th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Great td. And horrible camera coverage by can as usual

Mattymc727
October 15th, 2011, 12:27 PM
10-7 UNH at the half

dwtime
October 15th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Completely unacceptable tackling by UNH.

I wouldn't be surprised to see UNH lose this one. They are missing huge opportunities everywhere.

Justin Mello also just made the most ridiculous one-handed catch I've ever seen.

Yeah but you can't blame the defense for the game being close at this point, giving up 7 points for two quarters of play means a good job by this defense. I'm sure they would like that one play back though.

WrenFGun
October 15th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Yeah but you can't blame the defense for the game being close at this point, giving up 7 points for two quarters of play means a good job by this defense. I'm sure they would like that one play back though.

Is it? William and Mary has no passing game and converted a passing TD...I know it's expecting a lot, but allowing Grimes to get loose on that play (4 missed tackles) isn't something that's acceptable. We are doing a good job closing on Grimes after a rough first drive, though.

Big second half drive-starter here coming up. Going up by two scores could be huge for UNH in this one. We haven't had much of a problem moving the football to the RZ, but to their credit, W&M has done a great job tightening up there and forcing difficult decisions.

Mattymc727
October 15th, 2011, 01:00 PM
TD W&M. they are up 14-10

R3TRO
October 15th, 2011, 01:00 PM
They had one job today. Stop Grimes. Not doing so well.

Mattymc727
October 15th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Formula for beating UNH is to blitz Decker and run the ball effectively, thats all it takes

R3TRO
October 15th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Is it Decker's fault? There are plays that you can call to counter the blitz.

WrenFGun
October 15th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Decker with a horrendous throw. INT W&M. IMO, W&M is going to win this one. We just can't punch it in.

Walter McCarthy has been almost single-handedly responsible for hurting htis offense. I can't count how many times I've seen him getting destroyed.

Mattymc727
October 15th, 2011, 01:24 PM
This defense is still terrible too

Mattymc727
October 15th, 2011, 01:25 PM
I respect W&M. But man do I hate them

R3TRO
October 15th, 2011, 01:26 PM
UNH just can't beat W&M. VERY frustrating.

WrenFGun
October 15th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I mean, I'm not even sure who to blame. Honestly, they're getting destroyed at one position on offense, and they've had three defensive brain cramps. Completely unacceptable on defense, but the defense sucks. The offense is to blame here.

WrenFGun
October 15th, 2011, 01:32 PM
That throw by Decker was Toman-like. Yet another INT.

R3TRO
October 15th, 2011, 01:33 PM
HORRIBLE HORRIBLE DECISIONS!!!! ALL DAY!

R3TRO
October 15th, 2011, 01:34 PM
How many times did they go for the endzone on 3 and short?

R3TRO
October 15th, 2011, 01:35 PM
....and the wheels come off.

ngineer
October 15th, 2011, 01:38 PM
How much time left in this game??

Twentysix
October 15th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Bai bai unh.

molly
October 15th, 2011, 01:40 PM
W&M 45 yard FG. 24-10 W&M with 6:06 left.

dwtime
October 15th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Bai bai unh.

Why don't you troll somewhere else jacka**.

Twentysix
October 15th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Someones *****y atm. UNH is fighting their way out of my top 10 :smh:

Or on the flipside W&M is fighting their way back into my top 25.

molly
October 15th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Decker has had some big runs to keep drives alive.

WrenFGun
October 15th, 2011, 01:48 PM
UNH turns it over again (hook and ladder attempt)...Peters just didn't bother catching the ball. Brutal.

WrenFGun
October 15th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Congrats to W&M. UNH continues to prove they have no idea how to play against teams that can play defense. Very frustrating.

Twentysix
October 15th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Is the game completely over? Espn hasnt updated since about 10 min.

R3TRO
October 15th, 2011, 01:52 PM
**** *** W&M. I hate you. lol

molly
October 15th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Yeah, it's final. 24-10 W&M.

LeadBolt
October 15th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Final W&M 24 UNH 10. Good game Wildcats. Congratulations to the Tribe in winning their first "playoff" game.

truthteller
October 15th, 2011, 03:27 PM
That throw by Decker was Toman-like. Yet another INT.

If you think its so easy--why don't you put on the pads ---but you would rather hide behind your assumed name---lets face it your just a pussy

danefan
October 15th, 2011, 04:34 PM
If you think its so easy--why don't you put on the pads ---but you would rather hide behind your assumed name---lets face it your just a pussy

Chill out or take your **** elsewhere Decker's Dad. Your kid threw some INTs and his team lost.

Grow up asshole.

crusader11
October 15th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Chill out or take your **** elsewhere Decker's Dad. Your kid threw some INTs and his team lost.

Grow up asshole.

truthteller is actually referring to RJ Toman, not Decker.

danefan
October 15th, 2011, 04:48 PM
truthteller is actually referring to RJ Toman, not Decker.

I didn't get that from his post, but it doesn't change my point. Just the direction.

WrenFGun
October 15th, 2011, 05:10 PM

I don't think it's easy. I also don't receive a full scholarship to play NCAA Football at a high-level.

Decker made some very, very poor throws today and deserves every bit of criticism he gets. RJ Toman had an absolutely putrid season and probably cost us a chance at a national championship. If you get a scholarship to play NCAA Football you earn the right for people to review your performance.

TwoFeathers
October 15th, 2011, 06:33 PM
How can Grimes (323 yards) and Marcus Hyde (5 sacks, 6 TFL) not be CAA offensive and defensive players of the week?

TwoFeathers
October 15th, 2011, 06:37 PM
I don't think it's easy. I also don't receive a full scholarship to play NCAA Football at a high-level.

Decker made some very, very poor throws today and deserves every bit of criticism he gets. RJ Toman had an absolutely putrid season and probably cost us a chance at a national championship. If you get a scholarship to play NCAA Football you earn the right for people to review your performance.

Decker had 400+ yards in the air today. I thought he played well. Tribe defense was just playing out of their minds today, and we finally got the passing game going.

TwoFeathers
October 15th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Decker is really, really good. Can't believe they put up 500 yards offense and only scored 10 pts. Credit to the Tribe defense.

wmmii
October 15th, 2011, 07:15 PM
UNH has a great Offense! However today Hyde had 5 sack and was disrupting their passing game many other times. The two picks in the endzone by Couplin saved the day for us.

First game this year were the O got into a grove for the game. Laycock get a great job of adjusting his play calling to match our personal today! Coach got Grimes and McBride better into the flow of the game with numerous short passes and the O line spent most of the day holding their blocks and moving the D off the line. Hope we keep Caprio as our starter next week against Towson and keep this up then we get a bye week and regroup for hopefully our final push. As Coach says thou it is one game at a time.

I am feeling much better about the Tribe and would put them in the top 15 now!!

UNH72Plus
October 15th, 2011, 09:50 PM

Decker had 422 yards passing with a 68% completion rate against the #7 pass defense in the FCS (going into the game) and he was the leading rusher on the team with 44 yards. Do you think you might be a bit hyper-critical?

Tribal
October 15th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Great game today. I met a few UNH fans at halftime and they seemed like good folks. Beautiful day for football.

I'm not sure how anyone could blame Decker for the loss. UNH's #74 had no answer for Hyde and Decker was running all day. W&M's O-line controlled the line of scrimmage and that allowed Grimes and McBride to run at will.

Nova had our number for several years (not now) and JMU has, too. The Tribe has owned Towson but that could change in 7 days.

TwoFeathers
October 15th, 2011, 09:57 PM
UNH has a great Offense! However today Hyde had 5 sack and was disrupting their passing game many other times. The two picks in the endzone by Couplin saved the day for us.

First game this year were the O got into a grove for the game. Laycock get a great job of adjusting his play calling to match our personal today! Coach got Grimes and McBride better into the flow of the game with numerous short passes and the O line spent most of the day holding their blocks and moving the D off the line. Hope we keep Caprio as our starter next week against Towson and keep this up then we get a bye week and regroup for hopefully our final push. As Coach says thou it is one game at a time.

I am feeling much better about the Tribe and would put them in the top 15 now!!

Have to disagree. I think Graham showed better than Caprio, and I hope Graham is available next week.

Wildcat80
October 15th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Decker is really, really good. Can't believe they put up 500 yards offense and only scored 10 pts. Credit to the Tribe defense.

Decker lost this game pure and simple. Our star needed to outplay Grimes and he did not where it counts--getting points. Terrible, terrible wasted throws into triple coverage when UNH needed points. Deck needed to protect the football, scramble and extend plays. He did not. A given is our defense is lousy. If UNH's offense gets the 40 points we need....we win. These last two years losses to wm taste bitter---cause UNH shoulda won both.

TwoFeathers
October 15th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Decker lost this game pure and simple. Our star needed to outplay Grimes and he did not where it counts--getting points. Terrible, terrible wasted throws into triple coverage when UNH needed points. Deck needed to protect the football, scramble and extend plays. He did not. A given is our defense is lousy. If UNH's offense gets the 40 points we need....we win. These last two years losses to wm taste bitter---cause UNH shoulda won both.

Yes, a bizzare series the last couple of years. Thankfully Tribe has been on the winning end. UNH is a very good team, nevertheless.

Tribal
October 15th, 2011, 10:16 PM
I'd blame Steriti, Setian and the o-line for UNH's inability to score. Blame poor tackling for the loss. Without Decker and some ESPN highlight receptions, this game would have been even uglier for Cats fans.

wmmii
October 15th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Have to disagree. I think Graham showed better than Caprio, and I hope Graham is available next week.

Agree Graham is the better quarterback and expect him to start after our bye week, but think the O needs some consistency right now with the same quarterback and Graham has missed practice a bit with his illness

wmtribe1693
October 15th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Great win. Good luck to UNH against a surging UMass team.

Tribe4SF
October 16th, 2011, 12:25 AM

The guy scrambled, and extended plays all day, making some terrific throws to keep drives going, and picking up key yards with his feet. Without him, the Wikdcats aren't even in this game.

Wildcat80
October 16th, 2011, 02:54 AM
.........500 yards offense .......Tribe defense.

?????????

UNH needed to score points. Yards do not equal points. Decker threw two ridiculous INT's into coverage. Your star player outplayed ours. Period.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 16th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Ok UNH fans time to take a collective deep breath.

Mid point of the season we're sitting at 4-2 (2-1) and very much in control of our own destiny.
Is it as good as 5-1 (3-0)? Absolutly not, but not the end of the world.
No one is happy about blown opportunities. At this point it's all about how the team and coaches react to it.

It's not like we haven't been here before either.
'10 UMaine sends us to 2-3
'08 4-1 down at halftime in an "easy win" @NU (perhaps the worst half of football I can remember UNH playing)
'07 a loss @ Richmond sends us to 2-2

Gut check time...with games @UMass,JMU, @Towson and Maine the season is very much in front of us.

WrenFGun
October 16th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Decker played pretty well, but made some really questionable decisions with deep passes throughout the game. I blame the OC as much as I blame Decker, of course, because we called like, 5 20+ yard plays on 3rd and 2 or 3 inside the W&M 30. It was absurd.

The only TD we got was a ridiculous catch by RJ Harris.

Walter McCarthy needed help at RT. The play where Hyde was matched up with ... Sean Cullen? WTF.

Wildcat80
October 16th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Walter McCarthy needed help at RT.

Mega dittos!!! Almost every team presents at least one matchup problem for the O-Line. #74 needed help. It never came...........

UNH72Plus
October 16th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Is Dilima still injured? McCarthy seems to be a bit undersized at 265 vs Dilima at 310.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 16th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Is Dilima still injured? McCarthy seems to be a bit undersized at 265 vs Dilima at 310.

Mono

UNHfanCT
October 16th, 2011, 10:13 AM
you are out of your mind. yes 2 horrible INT's. outside of those 2 throws he played absolutely out of his mind. had zero protection all game and still threw for over 400 yards. You are out of your mind. period.

Ivytalk
October 16th, 2011, 10:15 AM
O-W-N-E-D!!xnodx

tribe_pride
October 16th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Watched the whole game and thought that Decker kept the team in the game. He could have been sacked a bunch more but he moved around enough a number of times until he had an open receiver or scrambled for some yards using his feet. He got a lot of yards on his own. Made a few poor decisions which led to turnovers but he also did a lot of positive things.

While W&M has had a down year, the D has been strong.

Against UVA, we were only down 10-0 at half when they got tired because the D was on the field for 2/3 of the game
Against VMI, only gave up 7 points and that was at the end
Against New Haven, 1 bad drive gave up a TD and total only 10 points given up
Against JMU, gave up 20 points 7 of which was very short field
Against Nova, only 1 TD and 16 points in a number of short field opportunities
Against Delaware, 21 points but 7 was short field

If we had the O to match the D this year (really consistency at QB and WR as Grimes is great and McBride has done well backing him up - problem has been everyone stacking the box against the run), the Tribe would be in great shape likely with at least 1 more win.

Have to run the table with Towson, Bye, URI, ODU and Richmond to make the playoffs. It's doable especially if the QB position gets better but will be tough

molly
October 16th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Decker lost this game pure and simple. Our star needed to outplay Grimes and he did not where it counts--getting points. Terrible, terrible wasted throws into triple coverage when UNH needed points. Deck needed to protect the football, scramble and extend plays. He did not.

W&M will take him off your hands for you. :-)

Tribal
October 16th, 2011, 11:53 AM
A guy threw for 400+ yards while running for his life all day and some UNH jump all over him. Good thing he didn't throw for only 399 yards...some of you might have met him at his dorm room to make your point. Decker and the receivers are the only people who shouldn't be blamed. I'd start with the coaches, #74, tackling, and the PK.

Tribal
October 16th, 2011, 11:54 AM
W&M will take him off your hands for you. :-)

I was going to say this but didn't want to belittle our own QBs. But, since YOU said it...if W&M had Decker, we'd probably be ranked in the top 3 and making plans for Frisco. Decker and Moody would account for 150 yards per game.

Mattymc727
October 16th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Decker played a good game. He made a few bad decisions but overall was still very good. The defense did well too. Unlike some of the other UNH posters, I will put the blame on W&M for being better when it mattered. The Oline was terrible, so was the redzone playcalling. However, W&M needed to do two things, create pressure on defense, and run Grimes all day. They did that, very successfully, even when UNH knew they would, which indicates W&M is just better.

crusader11
October 16th, 2011, 12:07 PM
More of Setian and less of Peters.

NHwildEcat
October 16th, 2011, 01:11 PM

Absolutely! This is what I have been thinking all year!

People want to dump on Decker today for some mistakes, but the kid was flat out running for his life. W&M is the best defense we have seen this year, and hopefully we can just learn from that and adjust going forward.

The REAL issue on offense is #1...that kid cannot keep the ball in his hands...and what was that play towards the end? Hook and ladder? That was not a good spot on the field to even attempt that sort of trick play. The play calling on offense was also questionable.

I liked the D yesterday though. Even though there shouldn't be an excuse for such poor tackling, but I have come to expect that from this defense.

Tribe93
October 16th, 2011, 01:58 PM
One-sided video but tells the story.

http://youtu.be/xR-yQidADys

Wildcat80
October 16th, 2011, 02:44 PM
A guy threw for 400+ yards while running for his life all day and some UNH jump all over him. Good thing he didn't throw for only 399 yards...some of you might have met him at his dorm room to make your point. Decker and the receivers are the only people who shouldn't be blamed. I'd start with the coaches, #74, tackling, and the PK.

The bottom line is UNH needs to outscore every opponent and Decker is the UNH player on the Payton watch list therefore it is incumbent on HIM to SCORE POINTS. All the yards, all the receptions mean nothing if he does not lead the offense into the end zone. Nothing else matters to getting a win on the road. Of course it is still a total team effort--including coaches---BUT he threw the INTS!!!! Regardless of the play call it is 100% better to just run and try another play than throw INTS.

UNH Fanboi
October 16th, 2011, 03:45 PM

Agreed.

WrenFGun
October 16th, 2011, 03:47 PM
you are out of your mind. yes 2 horrible INT's. outside of those 2 throws he played absolutely out of his mind. had zero protection all game and still threw for over 400 yards. You are out of your mind. period.

People are very sensitive here. The fact is, when it mattered, Decker made some absolutely atrocious throws. He needs to be better there. He played fine to the RZ (real well, actually), but he deserves a fair share of the blame for poor performance inside the RZ.

I didn't realize the only thing we were supposed to do is talk about the good things?

UNHFootballAlum
October 16th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Agreed. Peters is dancing in the hole way too much. make a cut and hit the hole

UNHFootballAlum
October 16th, 2011, 04:06 PM
The bottom line is UNH needs to outscore every opponent and Decker is the UNH player on the Payton watch list therefore it is incumbent on HIM to SCORE POINTS. All the yards, all the receptions mean nothing if he does not lead the offense into the end zone. Nothing else matters to getting a win on the road. Of course it is still a total team effort--including coaches---BUT he threw the INTS!!!! Regardless of the play call it is 100% better to just run and try another play than throw INTS.
This loss is not on the defense. The game was 14-10 at the start of the 4th quarter. yes, they tackled terribly on the 3 scoring plays, but for the most they held up very well