PDA

View Full Version : Yale player suspended one game

bulldog10jw
October 14th, 2011, 01:24 PM
http://portal31nhr.blogspot.com/

The Ivy League announced that it has suspended Yale's starting strong safety Nick Okano for tomorrow's game against Lafayette.

Okano was whistled for a 15-yard penalty as he left his feet and hit Dartmouth receiver Ryan McManus on the Big Green's first offensive play of the fourth quarter

The Eagle's Cliff
October 14th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Will the player have to take a sensitivity training course to learn to respect the culture of his Ivy League opponents?

All of these administrative idiots need to keep their noses in their books and out of football. I'm surprised the Liberal Pussies who run the Ivy League schools even allow a man's game like football to be played on campus.

Bogus Megapardus
October 14th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Your liberal pussy opponents will have an LB suspended as well. Lafayette's Leroy Butler was ejected for a helmet-to-helmet vs Harvard. He will be out only for the first half, though.

bulldog10jw
October 14th, 2011, 04:23 PM
I'm surprised the Liberal Pussies who run the Ivy League schools even allow a man's game like football to be played on campus.

The Liberal Pussies only allow it because we Ivy Leaguers invented the game. xrolleyesx

Well, that and all the old fart alumni who would take back their millions in contributions if football was banned.

alvinkayak6
October 14th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Dude, the Ivy League invented football. They don't want to stop playing it. They just want to slowly change it so that it can be played by nerds instead of Ray Lewis.

Ray Lewis is not good for brain cells.

bulldog10jw
October 14th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Dude, the Ivy League invented football. They don't want to stop playing it. They just want to slowly change it so that it can be played by nerds instead of Ray Lewis.

Not true. The Ivy powers that be don't want to change at all. That's why we only play 10 games and don't participate in the playoffs. (and getting that 10th game was like pulling teeth)

The Eagle's Cliff
October 14th, 2011, 04:49 PM
The Liberal Pussies only allow it because we Ivy Leaguers invented the game. xrolleyesx

I'm well aware the Ivy's invented the game, but it wasn't the current batch of Liberal Pussies.

Liberal Pussies are ruining our lives and a Death Panel of Middle America's Community College Alumni should formed to destroy the Liberal Pussy menace.

Bogus Megapardus
October 14th, 2011, 05:13 PM
We of the Patriot League lay claim to the invention of the game as well. The very first game was played between Princeton and Rutgers. Princeton would go on the become part of the Ivy League while Rutgers would go on the become part of the Middle Three Conference, a direct forerunner to the Patriot League. The Middle Three included Lafayette and Lehigh.

So yes, we may play the game any damn way we please.

Ivytalk
October 14th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Your liberal pussy opponents will have an LB suspended as well. Lafayette's Leroy Butler was ejected for a helmet-to-helmet vs Harvard. He will be out only for the first half, though.

Butler was a thug that whole game. He deserves a full game suspension.xtwocentsx

BlueHenSinfonian
October 14th, 2011, 08:13 PM
http://portal31nhr.blogspot.com/

The Ivy League announced that it has suspended Yale's starting strong safety Nick Okano for tomorrow's game against Lafayette.

Okano was whistled for a 15-yard penalty as he left his feet and hit Dartmouth receiver Ryan McManus on the Big Green's first offensive play of the fourth quarter

The article is a bit unclear, but is he being punished because he jumped to tackle after the whistle, or is it now against the rules to jump to make a tackle? This isn't two-hand touch or flag football. Shouldn't the objective of any tackle be to make sure you get the guy down? (with exceptions for helmet to helmet contact, facemasking, etc, as in the rules)

Bogus Megapardus
October 14th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Butler was a thug that whole game. He deserves a full game suspension.xtwocentsx

I didn't get to see the game as you know, Ivytalk. But based on what I've read, it would be hard to disagree with you. "Effort" penalties are not an excuse for poor sportsmanship. However Crimson might fans feel about Yale, I don't want to see a repeat of that kind of play against the Eli this weekend. Our game is about skill, preparation and honest performance. Winning is a combination of all three. It is not about personal gamesmanship.

We at Lafayette know it, and I hope you can respect that. Harvard won the game because the team as a whole did things properly. Lafayette lost becasue it didn't.

Good luck this weekend with Bucknell. Win or not, I trust the situation will not arise again.

bulldog10jw
October 14th, 2011, 08:56 PM
The article is a bit unclear, but is he being punished because he jumped to tackle after the whistle, or is it now against the rules to jump to make a tackle? This isn't two-hand touch or flag football. Shouldn't the objective of any tackle be to make sure you get the guy down? (with exceptions for helmet to helmet contact, facemasking, etc, as in the rules)

I didn't see the play and didn't even know a suspension was being contemplated.

alvinkayak6
October 14th, 2011, 09:43 PM
A full game suspension seems harsh doesn't it? The season is short in the Ivy League.