PDA

View Full Version : IS ESPN BEING FAIR TO FCS?

apaladin
October 12th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Is ESPN being fair to FCS schools, fans etc by only televising FCS games involving only HBCU schools which is not the top level of FCS. I do realize they are showing more FCS games on Gameplan and ESPN3 but not on their network of stations. Any thoughts?

Bogus Megapardus
October 12th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Who said it was supposed to be fair?

Strommer10
October 12th, 2011, 10:54 PM
It's not fair and never will be fair. FBS is where the money is. xcoffeex

No_Skill
October 12th, 2011, 10:55 PM
If supply and demand is fair, then yes they are fair.

darell1976
October 12th, 2011, 11:06 PM
It's not fair and never will be fair. FBS is where the money is. xcoffeex

You nailed it! Its all about the $$$$$$$$

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 12th, 2011, 11:56 PM
ESPN....................isnt that the soccer network I make it a point to never watch anymore?

Cool

xcoffeex

MR. CHICKEN
October 13th, 2011, 12:10 AM
16186......LADS.......OWN-LAH SWAC & MEAC......SETTLE FO' THURSDAY NIGHT.......SMALL CROWDS/NO BBQ/NO CLASSIC....NEED DUH SCRAWNEY TV DUCATS...FROM ESPNU...EVERAH SEE ALCORN A&M CAMPUS?...THREE BUILDIN'S....&...UH CORN-FIELD......CHARLEY NEAL AN' CO.......TRY TA HYPE IT....PITTED AGIN' ESPN'S.....FBS....BUFFALO/OHIO U......EVERAH-BODAH'S....THINKIN' O' FRIDAY'S...HAPPY HOUR....GETTIN' DAT TIGHT SWEATERED SEXRETARY RIPPED.....WHAT...SELF-RESPECTIN' I-AA SQWAD......WOOD WANNA PLAY....WHIFF 5 DAYS REST FO' CHUMP CHANGE?.....WHIFF-OUT..MR. C'S......RAH-RAH.....WE'D BE DOIN' DUH LAUNDRY....BINGO @ DUH VFW.....POLISHIN' DUH WING-TIPS......SOME YA'LL...FROM DUH PATRIOT...MILKIN' YER HERDS........EVERAH SEE...UH CENTRAL ARK./WESTERN CAROLINA FAN...CAL-PIE/NICHOLLS STATE CRAZY...O'....UH GRIZZWOLD....WEIGH IN.....ON C'S...ATTEMPT...TA PUMP UP....DUH JAMS?..........NO....ESPN ISN'T FAIR...USIN' DUH BLACK CATS...FO' FCS...TV FILLER......BRAWK!

Go...gate
October 13th, 2011, 12:56 AM
16186......LADS.......OWN-LAH SWAC & MEAC......SETTLE FO' THURSDAY NIGHT.......SMALL CROWDS/NO BBQ/NO CLASSIC....NEED DUH SCRAWNEY TV DUCATS...FROM ESPNU...EVERAH SEE ALCORN A&M CAMPUS?...THREE BUILDIN'S....&...UH CORN-FIELD......CHARLEY NEAL AN' CO.......TRY TA HYPE IT....PITTED AGIN' ESPN'S.....FBS....BUFFALO/OHIO U......EVERAH-BODAH'S....THINKIN' O' FRIDAY'S...HAPPY HOUR....GETTIN' DAT TIGHT SWEATERED SEXRETARY RIPPED.....WHAT...SELF-RESPECTIN' I-AA SQWAD......WOOD WANNA PLAY....WHIFF 5 DAYS REST FO' CHUMP CHANGE?.....WHIFF-OUT..MR. C'S......RAH-RAH.....WE'D BE DOIN' DUH LAUNDRY....BINGO @ DUH VFW.....POLISHIN' DUH WING-TIPS......SOME YA'LL...FROM DUH PATRIOT...MILKIN' YER HERDS........EVERAH SEE...UH CENTRAL ARK./WESTERN CAROLINA FAN...CAL-PIE/NICHOLLS STATE CRAZY...O'....UH GRIZZWOLD....WEIGH IN.....ON C'S...ATTEMPT...TA PUMP UP....DUH JAMS?..........NO....ESPN ISN'T FAIR...USIN' DUH BLACK CATS...FO' FCS...TV FILLER......BRAWK!

Damn well told.

Squealofthepig
October 13th, 2011, 01:10 AM
"Fair" is a relative term, and No_skill nailed it saying that it's all about supply and demand (and others piling on that it is all about the money).

FCS settles it on the field. FBS settles it via corporate sponsorship. And personally, I'd rather see things actually played out than take a multi-million dollar donation from Tostitos or whatever corporate cock is being presented to Alabama at any moment in time.

woffordgrad94
October 13th, 2011, 02:06 AM
LIFE isn't fair...and ESPN sure the hell isn't. They favor certain PRO teams over others as far as coverage goes, cough...Yankees...cough...Lakers...cough. As has been said in this thread, ESPN is ALL about the Benjamins! They don't give a rat's betootie about being fair to anyone. Therefore, they can bite my butt! I rarely watch them.

Wildcat80
October 13th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Uhhhh....yes. Just be glad they do webcasts of all FCS playoff games. In northeast Comcast does a very nice job with CAA games.

LeadBolt
October 13th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Are you thinking that non-HBU FCS athletic programs should apply for some sort of affirmative action to force ESPN to broadcast FCS games each week?

Sycamore51
October 13th, 2011, 07:29 AM
If you look at alumni, students, and fans for FBS schools vs. FCS schools then I think they are doing what they need to do business wise. I'm just happy now that INST has games on their computer TV network and I can get the games on my IPOD.

Apphole
October 13th, 2011, 07:55 AM
If FCS fanship as a whole was at the level of about 5 FCS schools we would get more coverage. You can't blame them really.

StorminASU
October 13th, 2011, 08:34 AM
It's certainly not fair, but it makes them look altruistic while providing limited FCS coverage. They're killing as many birds as they can with one stone. It's not fair, but until the FCS actually produces legitimate fan support, what do you expect?

NHwildEcat
October 13th, 2011, 08:47 AM
ESPN is in business for one reason and that is ratings...they will get higher rankings on their crappy Thursday Night games then on most if not all FCS games. It's simple supply and demand, so yes ESPN is being fair- to their largest markets and clients.

BEAR
October 13th, 2011, 08:55 AM
As a business owner I want to reach the most people I can to get my products out there.

Pay big dollars for an ad during an FBS game and reach millions

or

Pay much less for an ad during and FCS game and reach maybe a hundred thousand.

Easy decision.

When FCS schools start filling up their stadiums AND getting massive viewerships, the dollars will start to flow to the TV stations and more FCS games will be shown.

Hence the reason HBCU games are televised more often than other FCS school games...more people watching = more potential dollars for companies. Makes sense to me.

But on a personal note I do agree that most of America is missing out on some GREAT football games all across this nation. xsmileyclapx

MR. CHICKEN
October 13th, 2011, 09:19 AM
ESPN is in business for one reason and that is ratings...they will get higher rankings on their crappy Thursday Night games then on most if not all FCS games. It's simple supply and demand, so yes ESPN is being fair- to their largest markets and clients.

GET..MONTANA....AN'.....GEORGIA SOUTHERN....TA AGREE....TA THURSDAY NIGHT.......WHOA NELLIE........EVEN DUH MAC/SUNBELT/MOUNTAIN WEST...FANS...WOOD SCRAMBLE TA FIND ESPNU...DAY AFTERAH DUH HUMP.........AWK!

GannonFan
October 13th, 2011, 09:20 AM
The high school games ESPN shows get bigger crowds than most FCS games. This isn't about being fair, this is about running a business and making money. You aren't making money showing Tenn-Martin vs Austin Peay - just saying.

NHwildEcat
October 13th, 2011, 09:26 AM
GET..MONTANA....AN'.....GEORGIA SOUTHERN....TA AGREE....TA THURSDAY NIGHT.......WHOA NELLIE........EVEN DUH MAC/SUNBELT/MOUNTAIN WEST...FANS...WOOD SCRAMBLE TA FIND ESPNU...DAY AFTERAH DUH HUMP.........AWK!

Personally, I think there should be a designated game of the week put on my ESPN with 2 top tier FCS programs. Montan/GA Southern would make sense. App. State is loved by ESPN so they would be a team that would make sense too...

boonegoon
October 13th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Personally, I think there should be a designated game of the week put on my ESPN with 2 top tier FCS programs. Montan/GA Southern would make sense. App. State is loved by ESPN so they would be a team that would make sense too...

I agree. That Friday night Halloween game of Wofford and ASU was epic. I thought the FCS could have turned the corner with that one. Even Wofford fans might agree.

ysubigred
October 13th, 2011, 10:39 AM
xsmhx Sadly ESPN thinks a bunch of guys/gals sitting at a table playing poker is sports entertainment. Bottom line $$$$$$$$ not SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT xshakefistx

ngineer
October 13th, 2011, 10:42 AM
xsmhx Sadly ESPN thinks a bunch of guys/gals sitting at a table playing poker is sports entertainment. Bottom line $$$$$$$$ not SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT xshakefistx

I know..I just shake my head when surfing with the remote I hit ESPN and see a poker game! If that doesn't say it all, nothing does. To think that there is a market out there, bigger than one that would like to watch 'smaller' college football is just incredulous. Of course, the production costs associated with covering a poker game pale when compared with covering a football game.

Apphole
October 13th, 2011, 10:55 AM

App-Montana would be the highest rated FCS combo. Hell, I'm pretty sure it was a couple of years ago. There's a gap between these two and the other FCS programs with big fan bases (GaSo, Del ect) though combinations of others would draw more viewers than a typical Sunbelt game.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2011, 11:37 AM

If they had any of the top teams from the top 4 conferences playing it would be pretty decent ratings. The Montana fans would watch in pretty large #'s to see Montana State/EWU/PSU and on down the line play instead of just Montana...not as much as Montana around the rest of the country but still pretty good I'd imagine.

I really don't care about anything on ESPN anymore and I just don't turn it on too much. I bet I watch less than 5 minutes a week on ESPN.

Their bully tactics also piss me off as far as the charge to the cable and ISP's. They won't let me have web access to ESPN 3 because the local provider won't pay them to carry their wesite?

Why not just let me pay them for what I want to watch? I'd buy the FCS package in a second.

I really hope that in the near future FCS schools can have their own web network to broadcast their games at an inexpensive cost to them.

NHwildEcat
October 13th, 2011, 11:52 AM
If they had any of the top teams from the top 4 conferences playing it would be pretty decent ratings. The Montana fans would watch in pretty large #'s to see Montana State/EWU/PSU and on down the line play instead of just Montana...not as much as Montana around the rest of the country but still pretty good I'd imagine.

I really don't care about anything on ESPN anymore and I just don't turn it on too much. I bet I watch less than 5 minutes a week on ESPN.

Their bully tactics also piss me off as far as the charge to the cable and ISP's. They won't let me have web access to ESPN 3 because the local provider won't pay them to carry their wesite?

Why not just let me pay them for what I want to watch? I'd buy the FCS package in a second.

I really hope that in the near future FCS schools can have their own web network to broadcast their games at an inexpensive cost to them.

I agree, I also do not like ESPN. I think the last time I watched something for more then a minute was when the Cowboys played the Redskins on MNF. Other then that I have no choice when I watch the NCAA Hockey tournament because ESPN has the exclusive rights to that, even though they don't show a single game during the regular season...makes no sense to me.

Sportscenter is ****. Chris Berman sucks. Stuart Scott is an asshole. And nobody gives a damn about the NBA lockout!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2011, 12:04 PM
I agree, I also do not like ESPN. I think the last time I watched something for more then a minute was when the Cowboys played the Redskins on MNF. Other then that I have no choice when I watch the NCAA Hockey tournament because ESPN has the exclusive rights to that, even though they don't show a single game during the regular season...makes no sense to me.

Sportscenter is ****. Chris Berman sucks. Stuart Scott is an asshole. And nobody gives a damn about the NBA lockout!

I have nothing against ESPN and will watch if they have something on I want to see with absolutely no animosity toward their product. They just don't have anything I really care about anymore.

NHwildEcat
October 13th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I have nothing against ESPN and will watch if they have something on I want to see with absolutely no animosity toward their product. They just don't have anything I really care about anymore.

For me its how they present their product...its just not a good production anymore.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 13th, 2011, 01:05 PM
For me its how they present their product...its just not a good production anymore.

It's just is a fact of life that when something goes from a small time grass roots effort to a more corporate money driven thing it is gonna leave me behind. It just isn't my bag.

dgtw
October 13th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I miss the old days when they'd show Australian Rules football and things like that.

kdinva
October 13th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Liberty has their own network, and usually each season MASN will pick up 2 or 3 telecasts for distribution.

kdinva
October 13th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Stuart Scott is an asshole.
you know he loves the SWAC game of the week.......xpopcornx

Hammerhead
October 13th, 2011, 01:49 PM
ESPN is the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network so they aren't limited to just sports. I can't blame them for not showing too many FCS games or even many FBS schools. When is the last time you saw Wyoming or Ball State on ESPN? Even so, you'd think the ratings would be higher than watching high school sports. Even if 20,000 attend a high school game, how many people pay any attention to high school sports outside of the local community?

BearIt
October 13th, 2011, 02:40 PM
ESPN airs more High School FB games than they do FCS.

Do those games actually draw better ratings than the top of the FCS?

ysubigred
October 13th, 2011, 02:51 PM
ESPN is the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network so they aren't limited to just sports. I can't blame them for not showing too many FCS games or even many FBS schools. When is the last time you saw Wyoming or Ball State on ESPN? Even so, you'd think the ratings would be higher than watching high school sports. Even if 20,000 attend a high school game, how many people pay any attention to high school sports outside of the local community?

Every Thursday they show a lower tier conference game ie.. MAC, WAC, CUSA, Big EAST etc..

TheBisonator
October 13th, 2011, 07:06 PM

Exactly. Odessa Permian may get 20,000 to a game, but do I or anyone else outside of Western Texas give two rips about that game??

ODUwildman
October 13th, 2011, 08:00 PM
ESPN, the NCAA, etc. are all about the money.

Why else would W&M's two feathers be deemed offensive and hostile, yet a man dressed in warpaint holding a flaming spear while riding a horse isn't.

Fla $tate makes TV the money, not two feathers from an extinct Indian tribe notable in the Jamestown era.

Two weeks ago, I watched ODU on a live stream from Delaware and caught two CAA games on TV in the afternoon on Dish. All this while living in Colorado.

Being in the college/olympic wrestling media, we have to deal with the same thing with ESPN and the Big Ten Network. They give our sport the shaft. We're LUCKY to get one dual a year on TV and our championships sell out. Hell, Iowa vs. Penn State are the top teams in the Big Ten this year and their match (probably a #1 vs. #2 by that time) will be tape delayed nine hours due to women's roundball.

WileECoyote06
October 13th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Is ESPN being fair to FCS schools, fans etc by only televising FCS games involving only HBCU schools which is not the top level of FCS. I do realize they are showing more FCS games on Gameplan and ESPN3 but not on their network of stations. Any thoughts?

Who cares if HBCUs are not the top level of FCS? We have contracts with ESPN/Disney. . . does your conference have a contract? And believe me, if they showed our Saturday games, which we have NO control over, most of the rest of FCS wouldn't have a chance. Now let's talk about how ESPN makes money. Advertising. When you have an audience that is known for spending disposable income, then you're going to advertise toward that population. So this isn't altruistic at all. But it is a symbiotic relationship. . we benefit from the exposure and they get to advertise to a specific audience.

dgtw
October 13th, 2011, 08:56 PM
So why are blacks more likely to watch a game between two random HBCUs they have no ties to?

BlueHenSinfonian
October 13th, 2011, 09:03 PM
IIRC last year the Div II playoffs and championship game were on regular ESPN, while the FCS playoffs were relegated to ESPN3 for the most part and the championship game was on ESPN2. It doesn't make sense that Div II would have a greater potential viewership than FCS.

A lot of FCS schools have very marketable basketball programs. If schools like 'Nova, Dayton, Richmond, etc all propositioned the NCAA to give ESPN an ultimatum of either showing more FCS games or losing the basketball TV contracts something might be done.

bincitysioux
October 13th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Exactly. Odessa Permian may get 20,000 to a game, but do I or anyone else outside of Western Texas give two rips about that game??

I don't know. But there are alot of television sets in Texas......................................

bincitysioux
October 13th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I know..I just shake my head when surfing with the remote I hit ESPN and see a poker game! If that doesn't say it all, nothing does. To think that there is a market out there, bigger than one that would like to watch 'smaller' college football is just incredulous. Of course, the production costs associated with covering a poker game pale when compared with covering a football game.

You'd think so, but ESPN has been around a while and seems to know how to run a successful business. If there was more money in televising FCS football games than poker games, I'm guessing they'd go that route.........................

Bearkats94
October 13th, 2011, 09:09 PM
What are you all talking about Sam is starting ESPN Bearkat Networkxlolx next year. We are just following UT:D steps.

MR. CHICKEN
October 13th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Who cares if HBCUs are not the top level of FCS? We have contracts with ESPN/Disney. . . does your conference have a contract? And believe me, if they showed our Saturday games, which we have NO control over, most of the rest of FCS wouldn't have a chance. Now let's talk about how ESPN makes money. Advertising. When you have an audience that is known for spending disposable income, then you're going to advertise toward that population. So this isn't altruistic at all. But it is a symbiotic relationship. . we benefit from the exposure and they get to advertise to a specific audience.

16189.....NEVERAH...SEEN UH...."FOR US/BY US"...SPOT.....ON DUH U.........xsmhx.....AWK!

AppMan
October 13th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Bottom line is if there was enough interest in FCS games ESPN would be more than happy to televise them.

MR. CHICKEN
October 13th, 2011, 09:21 PM
OH...AN' DUH GAME ON...DUH U...RIGHT NOW...IS...PRETTY EX-CITIN'......HOWEVERAH....HAVEN'T HEARD...FROM DUH HOOD....BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
October 13th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Bottom line is if there was enough interest in FCS games ESPN would be more than happy to televise them.

DERE'D BE INTEREST....IFIN' TOP FCS...25'ERS......WOOD SKED UH THURSDAY NIGHTER.....GOTTAH BE MO' PIGSTERS.....DEN DRAGSTERS/CARDSTERS/RODEOSTERS....ALL-DOUGH DUH HOT...LADY POOL SHARKS......GET DUH CHICKENS....ATTENTION.....DOODLES!

WileECoyote06
October 13th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I don't think it's marketed towards 'blacks' in general. They usually have no more affinity for HBCUs, than anyone else. It's marketed towards HBCU fans/alums. A majority of them are middle to upper class and have money to spend. Going to an HBCU is a collective experience and the graduates often have an affinity for them all. That's why you can often go to an HBCU game and see someone wearing the shirt of a school that isn't in that particular contest. xnodx

MR. CHICKEN
October 13th, 2011, 10:27 PM
I don't think it's marketed towards 'blacks' in general. They usually have no more affinity for HBCUs, than anyone else. It's marketed towards HBCU fans/alums. A majority of them are middle to upper class and have money to spend. Going to an HBCU is a collective experience and the graduates often have an affinity for them all. That's why you can often go to an HBCU game and see someone wearing the shirt of a school that isn't in that particular contest. xnodx

EVERAH SEE....UH NORFFERN ARIZONA...T......SAY...LIKE IN DAYTONA.....NAW'LEANS...MOTORAH CITY...xsmhxxconfusedxxsmhx....AWK!

WileECoyote06
October 13th, 2011, 10:37 PM
EVERAH SEE....UH NORFFERN ARIZONA...T......SAY...LIKE IN DAYTONA.....NAW'LEANS...MOTORAH CITY...xsmhxxconfusedxxsmhx....AWK!

Nope. . . can't say that I have.

MR. CHICKEN
October 13th, 2011, 10:49 PM
AH REST...MAH CASE....AWK!

alvinkayak6
October 14th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Guys, you are being too gentle to ESPN. Yes, ESPN is an entertainment company, but they also want to convince you that you are receiving credible information. In reality, they are self-promoting like crazy (have you ever seen Desperate Housewives promos during your game???) and taking over advertising rights for 95% of the bowl games. Any interest in the FCS is going to be artificially suppressed. That is why you will never see Rece Davis & the other entertainers spend more than 30 seconds talking FCS ball. It doesn't serve the BCS 500 million dollar agenda. The media pushes this image of itself as a public investigator digging for the truth, when even ESPN's own sideline reporters are provoking coaches with questions about BCS rankings, NCAA violations, and other nonsense. They are a Disney branch with a big college football monopoly. Don't get it twisted.

GAD
October 14th, 2011, 04:24 AM
I don't think many FCS schools have larger fanbases the schools like Jackson State, FAMU, Southern U or North Carolina A&T add to that they can draw larger crowds on some occasions than some BCS FBS schools. Also keep in mind HBCUs can draw huge crowds in places like California, Nevada, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana and New York where there are no HBCUs.

WileECoyote06
October 14th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Guys, you are being too gentle to ESPN. Yes, ESPN is an entertainment company, but they also want to convince you that you are receiving credible information. In reality, they are self-promoting like crazy (have you ever seen Desperate Housewives promos during your game???) and taking over advertising rights for 95% of the bowl games. Any interest in the FCS is going to be artificially suppressed. That is why you will never see Rece Davis & the other entertainers spend more than 30 seconds talking FCS ball. It doesn't serve the BCS 500 million dollar agenda. The media pushes this image of itself as a public investigator digging for the truth, when even ESPN's own sideline reporters are provoking coaches with questions about BCS rankings, NCAA violations, and other nonsense. They are a Disney branch with a big college football monopoly. Don't get it twisted.

Yep. . did yall see the report in the Boston newspaper that claimed that ESPN told the ACC which teams to pick from the Big East ?

alvinkayak6
October 14th, 2011, 04:28 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/other_sports/articles/2011/10/11/ad_apologizes_for_saying_espn_influenced_expansion/

Update.

Never underestimate the power of the media. By focusing only on certain teams and coaches and players, you can perceive them as superior. When in fact, they may not be.

The Moody1
October 14th, 2011, 05:43 PM

FCS people need to "Occupy ESPN" and demand fairness for all. Who's in? xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 14th, 2011, 05:45 PM
FCS people need to "Occupy ESPN" and demand fairness for all. Who's in? xlolx

Ah, let's give up in time to make it to the games though.:D

CrazyCat
October 14th, 2011, 06:16 PM
I wonder if the new media deal for the Big Sky, that will be announced within the next 30 days, will be ESPN ?

dgtw
October 14th, 2011, 06:27 PM
The only people ESPN needs to be fair to are the shareholders of Disney.

alvinkayak6
October 14th, 2011, 09:38 PM
The only people ESPN needs to be fair to are the shareholders of Disney.

Right, so ESPN should hurl feces at puppies if that is fair for the shareholders of Disney? That's F***ing disgraceful. The media preys on public ignorance about its corporate propaganda, and makes slightly more than a few pennies doing it. xnonono2x

dgtw
October 15th, 2011, 07:39 AM
I'm saying they are a private company and don't have to do what is "fair" to the small percentage of people who want to see FCS games. If there was enough demand for an "FCS game of the week" to be profitable, there would be one.

BTW, next Saturday you can see Jax State play Kentucky on ESPNU. Kickoff is noon EDT.

UNHFan
October 15th, 2011, 08:31 AM

WHAT!!! The National Bowlers Association is having a lockout?? Earl Anthony must be rolling in his grave! God what has bowling come too! oh oh Basketball... right I remember that sport,,,, Pistol Peter Weber yeah I remember him

apaladin
October 15th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I'm saying they are a private company and don't have to do what is "fair" to the small percentage of people who want to see FCS games. If there was enough demand for an "FCS game of the week" to be profitable, there would be one.

BTW, next Saturday you can see Jax State play Kentucky on ESPNU. Kickoff is noon EDT.

An obvious mistake by ESPN, they thought it was Jackson St. BTW, Kentucky is the worst FBS team, just pitiful, so surely you will beat them?

alvinkayak6
October 15th, 2011, 10:46 AM

This is so loaded with B******** it's amazing. There is not a "small" percentage of fans who care about FCS games. And if there is, you can't rule out the possibility that fan interest in REAL PLAYOFFS/CHAMPIONSHIPS is being suppressed. You have totally ignored my point about certain 4 letter companies having a monopoly and an agenda which actually opposes and hurts the FCS. You also ignored my point about the media preying upon public ignorance that they are still a "news" operation, instead of propaganda delivery. Apparently, it's okay to manipulate the public as long as it's fair to the shareholders, right?!

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I'm pretty excited to watch 4 FCS games on espn3.com today. I'm not going to complain.

dgtw
October 15th, 2011, 12:12 PM
An obvious mistake by ESPN, they thought it was Jackson St. BTW, Kentucky is the worst FBS team, just pitiful, so surely you will beat them?

I think we have a chance to pull this off. And that's more a comment on Kentucky than it is Jax State. I'm making the trip, so watch for me!!

This is so loaded with B******** it's amazing. There is not a "small" percentage of fans who care about FCS games. And if there is, you can't rule out the possibility that fan interest in REAL PLAYOFFS/CHAMPIONSHIPS is being suppressed. You have totally ignored my point about certain 4 letter companies having a monopoly and an agenda which actually opposes and hurts the FCS. You also ignored my point about the media preying upon public ignorance that they are still a "news" operation, instead of propaganda delivery. Apparently, it's okay to manipulate the public as long as it's fair to the shareholders, right?!

Again, it isn't ESPN's job to promote the FCS.

Twentysix
October 15th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I'm pretty excited to watch 4 FCS games on espn3.com today. I'm not going to complain.

Its like that pretty much every week. This guy is pretty happy with it also.