PDA

View Full Version : Indiana State: From worst college football program to a competitor

ISUalum
October 11th, 2011, 03:55 PM
good read about ISU's rise from the ashes......

UNI fans will take offense at one comment in particular in the article

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Indiana-State-Sycamores-college-football-from-worst-program-to-one-of-the-best-100711

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2011, 04:23 PM
good read about ISU's rise from the ashes......

UNI fans will take offense at one comment in particular in the article

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Indiana-State-Sycamores-college-football-from-worst-program-to-one-of-the-best-100711

Have you seen a video posted of the hit anywhere? It really didn't look dirty in person.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2011, 05:38 PM
NDSU will have their hands full in Terre Haute.

gasoutherneagle
October 11th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Terre Haute! Isn't that how far back the line to see Santa Claus goes in A Christmas Story?

DOME
October 11th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Good story. I'd be more than happy if ISUb only lost one game on a regular basis.

I wonder if Indiana is a better place to visit than the Dakotas or Carbondale?

ISUalum
October 11th, 2011, 06:49 PM
still have not seen a video, not sure one exists? It'd be in the UNI archive of the game.

Have you seen a video posted of the hit anywhere? It really didn't look dirty in person.

darell1976
October 11th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Good story. I'd be more than happy if ISUb only lost one game on a regular basis.

There is more people in Indiana...other than that. NO.

achrist70
October 11th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Yes I do take offense to that comment, it was deserving of a flag, but it wasn't a cheap shot.

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2011, 07:04 PM

No. At least not Terre Haute. Try finding directions to the stadium online...

downbythebeach
October 11th, 2011, 09:50 PM
unis are cool too

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2011, 10:14 PM
unis are cool too

Maybe at home, but the road ones are overly simple.

Strommer10
October 12th, 2011, 08:08 AM
NDSU will have their hands full in Terre Haute.
They were within 3 points of UNI when Bell was in. The Sycamores are a very scary team this year.

clenz
October 12th, 2011, 09:17 AM
They were within 3 points of UNI when Bell was in. The Sycamores are a very scary team this year.

And they had 3...yep just THREE....points.

The game could have easily been 30-3 had it not been for a terrible call taking a pick 6 off the board and ISU's only TD came on an 11 yard pass after UNI fumbled there trying to run the clock out.

ISU's offense was bad without Bell....Fouch threw 2 picks, but I can remember at least 5 or 6 passes that could/should have been picked.

Strommer10
October 12th, 2011, 09:31 AM

The game could have easily been 30-3 had it not been for a terrible call taking a pick 6 off the board and ISU's only TD came on an 11 yard pass after UNI fumbled there trying to run the clock out.

ISU's offense was bad without Bell....Fouch threw 2 picks, but I can remember at least 5 or 6 passes that could/should have been picked.

I understand that, but they were in the game... If Bell can stay healthy, they will make the playoffs. & I can see them beating my Bison @ home :(

mgbison
October 12th, 2011, 12:09 PM
When playing Uni teams have to get their hands dirty. If you don't, you aren't gonna win.

Twentysix
October 12th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Hopefully bell will be hurt when ISUb plays ndsu and Fouch throws at marcus all night. Otherwise... its gonna be a tough game and I will probably need alot of tums..

unigriff
October 12th, 2011, 02:47 PM
I understand that, but they were in the game... If Bell can stay healthy, they will make the playoffs. & I can see them beating my Bison @ home :(

A bison fan scared of possibly losing? I thought I'd never see the day! jk. ISUb is a good team. I had stated before the UNI-ISUb game I wasn't concerned with ISUb because traditionally UNI run defense is of the best in the country typically. That is a huge testament to Mr. Bell. Coach Miles has a great thing going over there.

Professor Chaos
October 12th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Great article! Too bad this doesn't get the same press as the dirtbag Miami booster paying for abortions. All the Minnesota fans already screaming for Jerry Kill's ouster should read this.

True Blue
October 13th, 2011, 08:22 AM

You keep saying it could of been 30-3. It could have been 35-13 ISU to. I think the Sycamores had what 5 trips into the UNI red zone and scored 9. It was a good, back and forth game. Just leave it at that. UNI's offense wasn't that great either.

As far as the article, it was good to get some national publicity. Hopefully ISU can continue to build what theyve started.

clenz
October 13th, 2011, 11:29 AM
You keep saying it could of been 30-3. It could have been 35-13 ISU to. I think the Sycamores had what 5 trips into the UNI red zone and scored 9. It was a good, back and forth game. Just leave it at that. UNI's offense wasn't that great either.

As far as the article, it was good to get some national publicity. Hopefully ISU can continue to build what theyve started.

The reason I keep bringing the score up is because there was a score that was whipped off the board, by a terrible terrible call. ISU never had that happen. We'll call it 30-9 then.

Strommer10
October 13th, 2011, 02:35 PM
The reason I keep bringing the score up is because there was a score that was whipped off the board, by a terrible terrible call. ISU never had that happen. We'll call it 30-9 then.
Or just 23-9 like it actually was. xthumbsupx Good win for UNI either way.

Mountain Panther
October 13th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Love how an improved INSU just makes the MVFC better. Can't wait for the playoffs.

Strommer10
October 13th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I hope they make the playoffs and win their first round game. Quite the story they have going. xnodx