PDA

View Full Version : Overthrowing

SoCon48
October 9th, 2011, 08:42 PM
It seems some fans don't realize that sometimes an overthrow by a QB is made in intentionally in order to prevent an interception when the receiver is covered.

soweagle
October 9th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Even several TV announcers dont get that.

Reign of Terrier
October 9th, 2011, 09:11 PM
yes....and?

Can we get a little background to this?

Grizo406
October 9th, 2011, 10:19 PM
yes....and?

I think he might have watched a few early season Griz games...xcoffeex

MR. CHICKEN
October 9th, 2011, 10:46 PM
16180....IT SEEMS..SOME FANS DON'T REALIZE...DAT SOMETIMES....UH QB....FEIGNS.....UH SLOBBER-KNOCKER CONCUSSION....(TA GET UH CART..RIDE..TA LOCKER-ROOM)...'CAUSE DUH OATMEAL WHIFF PROTEIN POWDER..&..PRUNE JUICE.....SMOOTHEE.....GAME DAY...BREAKFAST...GOTS HIS TUMMY......CHURNIN'....LIKE....DUH CHICKEN'S MIND...IN R.E.M.......SLEEP......xeekx.....BRAWK!

SoCon48
October 10th, 2011, 08:05 AM
yes....and?

Terrier, it was just from reading on some message boards fans criticizing QB's for overthrowing their receivers so many times as if the QB was inaccurate. One message board in particular has been really hard on their own team's QB performance of late. It seems they don't realize many of the factors the QB has to think about in a split second. Too, it doesn't help that many times the receivers drop passes or are in double coverage at the time the QB has to make his decision.

AppAlum2003
October 10th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Yes... overthrowing the ball in the middle of the field is completely on purpose. Safeties love when QBs do that. Ask Mark LeGree and Corey Lynch... both got drafted because plenty of SoCon QBs intentionally overthrew their covered receivers in the middle of the field.

Skjellyfetti
October 10th, 2011, 10:07 AM
One message board in particular has been really hard on their own team's QB performance of late. It seems they don't realize many of the factors the QB has to think about in a split second. Too, it doesn't help that many times the receivers drop passes or are in double coverage at the time the QB has to make his decision.

Then why don't you post this on that message board? This seems like a completely random thread out of left field here. xlolx

SoCon48
October 10th, 2011, 01:23 PM
I said on "some" message boards, not one. It is a common theme on message boards and like soweagle said, some announcers don't get it either.
You post on any message board you choose and I'll do the same.

AppAlum2003
October 10th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Ursus actually asked me to stop posting here. Didn't work.

Skjellyfetti
October 10th, 2011, 03:25 PM
I said on "some" message boards, not one.

Really? Hmmm.

One message board in particular has been really hard on their own team's QB performance of late.

Silenoz
October 10th, 2011, 03:54 PM
16180....IT SEEMS..SOME FANS DON'T REALIZE...DAT SOMETIMES....UH QB....FEIGNS.....UH SLOBBER-KNOCKER CONCUSSION....(TA GET UH CART..RIDE..TA LOCKER-ROOM)...'CAUSE DUH OATMEAL WHIFF PROTEIN POWDER..&..PRUNE JUICE.....SMOOTHEE.....GAME DAY...BREAKFAST...GOTS HIS TUMMY......CHURNIN'....LIKE....DUH CHICKEN'S MIND...IN R.E.M.......SLEEP......xeekx.....BRAWK!
xlolx

SoCon48
October 10th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Really? Hmmm.
So sue me.