Milktruck74
October 9th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Ol Fu beat me to it.. I voyed.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 9th, 2011, 12:52 PM
xlolx

paward
October 9th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Remind me again what time does the poll open and close each week. I know I get the prize for being first, consistently (disregard comment if you are a hater). I have a weekend trip planned next week and will not be able to vote it until Monday of that week.

El Gato
October 9th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Posted this in another thread, but this is probably the most relevant thread for this discussion.

*disclaimer* *this is not about playoffs since Texas State is not eligible for the FCS playoffs*

Texas State is now 4-2 on the season with the two losses being to FBS schools and wins against two FCS Top 25 teams now and 4-0 in the last 4 games (3-0 in the SLC).

Is Texas State eligible to receive votes in the AGS poll?

We are still classified as an FCS team, just in an independent conference. That being said, we should also be eligible for poll consideration in AGS since we are allowed votes in The Sports Network Poll (according to a voter in that poll).

ursus arctos horribilis
October 9th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Remind me again what time does the poll open and close each week. I know I get the prize for being first, consistently (disregard comment if you are a hater). I have a weekend trip planned next week and will not be able to vote it until Monday of that week.

You can vote up until noon EST on Mondays. The poll shuts off right at noon though so you should make sure you are finished with it and submitting it by about 11:55 at the latest.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 9th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Posted this in another thread, but this is probably the most relevant thread for this discussion.

*disclaimer* *this is not about playoffs since Texas State is not eligible for the FCS playoffs*

Texas State is now 4-2 on the season with the two losses being to FBS schools and wins against two FCS Top 25 teams now and 4-0 in the last 4 games (3-0 in the SLC).

Is Texas State eligible to receive votes in the AGS poll?

We are still classified as an FCS team, just in an independent conference. That being said, we should also be eligible for poll consideration in AGS since we are allowed votes in The Sports Network Poll (according to a voter in that poll).

I think superman answered this already on the other thread too but TXST is not on the ballot for AGS. Neither is UMass, and the others moving up. These teams do not count as FCS for their FCS foes they are FBS. The teams have more scholarships to offer and are not eligible for any conference titles, playofss, etc. and therefore are not FCS teams by the standard the rest are defined as. I know TSN includes them, that's fine and does not matter in what we do. I think they will probably revisit that in the future to align themselves with how the NCAA and the teams own conferences view them.

AGSPoll
October 10th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Bump.xthumbsupx 12:00 EST deadline. Get your balllots in.

A helpful thread to make up your ballotts.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?96005-AGS-Top-25-How-They-Fared-Week-6

Thanks

GAS

THE DANIMAL
October 10th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Where the heck is the link to vote?? I'm ready to submit but not sure how to vote still. I thought there was a link posted every week? Someone let me know please. Thanks

THE DANIMAL
October 10th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Nevermind I found it xthumbsupx

superman7515
October 10th, 2011, 09:06 AM
At the bottom right of every page between Terms Of Service and Top or in the post right above yours in big bold red letters that say Vote Here or at the top of every page where it says AGS Poll Vote in big red letters.

asumike83
October 10th, 2011, 11:13 AM
I just missed the cut-off! Any way to re-open briefly so I can submit my ballot?

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2011, 11:32 AM
I just missed the cut-off! Any way to re-open briefly so I can submit my ballot?

Damn! Sorry Mike. I left it open for a couple extra minutes but once that hour hits and it's shut off I start sorting and all that stuff and don't even see what is going on here on the site for about a 1/2 hr.

Really sorry man but it's all over & done.

asumike83
October 10th, 2011, 11:41 AM
No worries, I think I was already out of the running for perfect voting history anyways. Damn job, last time I let my office responsibilities get in the way of my vote!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2011, 12:47 PM
No worries, I think I was already out of the running for perfect voting history anyways. Damn job, last time I let my office responsibilities get in the way of my vote!xlolx

Jobs are great and all until they start getting in the way of your life.

El Gato
October 10th, 2011, 07:51 PM
I think superman answered this already on the other thread too but TXST is not on the ballot for AGS. Neither is UMass, and the others moving up. These teams do not count as FCS for their FCS foes they are FBS. The teams have more scholarships to offer and are not eligible for any conference titles, playofss, etc. and therefore are not FCS teams by the standard the rest are defined as. I know TSN includes them, that's fine and does not matter in what we do. I think they will probably revisit that in the future to align themselves with how the NCAA and the teams own conferences view them.

That makes sense in regards to the AGS poll. Coaches poll and TSN both include Texas State since they are technically still classified as an FCS independent, just not eligible for playoffs. Like when UCA was ineligible since they were transitioning up from DII. But they still got votes. Honestly shouldn't be a big deal since it won't effect playoffs at all. We can't play for any kind of championships, so polls are really all we got.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2011, 08:52 PM
That makes sense in regards to the AGS poll. Coaches poll and TSN both include Texas State since they are technically still classified as an FCS independent, just not eligible for playoffs. Like when UCA was ineligible since they were transitioning up from DII. But they still got votes. Honestly shouldn't be a big deal since it won't effect playoffs at all. We can't play for any kind of championships, so polls are really all we got.

The reasons for UCA being FCS Indepent was exactly opposite and that is where the difference lies. It is definitely not a big deal, it was a pretty simple and I think unanimous choice if I remember correctly.

If it were boxing for instance you could come in as a Super Middleweight and have some fights against Middleweights but you wouldn't be ranked as a middleweight or fight for the middleweight title correct?

There may not be a skill advantage but there is a size advantage an that eliminates you. You can say you are technically FCS but you are not FCS. You guys are FBS transitional.