PDA

View Full Version : MAINE's Two-Point Conversion Top Play on ESPN!!!!

Wildcat80
October 9th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Today's ESPN highlight show of Top 10 Plays from yesterday had Maine's two point whirly bird score at #2!!!!!!!!

Beautiful Black Bears!!!!!!!

NHwildEcat
October 9th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I saw that this thread and instantly turned to ESPN News and caught the top 5 on the countdown...awesome job Maine! Also, Bowdoin college game in at #3, AND #4! Big weekend for New England schools. Oh , and South Dakota at #5...insane. I thought it was a non BCS only top plays lol.

Srdnaty
October 9th, 2011, 10:00 AM
http://www.examiner.com/eastern-maine-college-sports-in-bangor/treister-gives-maine-victory-over-james-madison-video

Lehigh Football Nation
October 9th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Man that is awesome.

whitey
October 9th, 2011, 11:02 AM
lame. :-)

Wildcat80
October 9th, 2011, 02:33 PM
lame. :-)

I think Decker can run this too. :)

kdinva
October 9th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Give Maine the credit for having a pair to run that, in that situation. Now, momentum in the CAA resides in Orono, Norfolk, and Towson/N. Baltimore.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 9th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Give Maine the credit for having a pair to run that, in that situation. Now, momentum in the CAA resides in Orono, Norfolk, and Towson/N. Baltimore.

you forgot one

JmuSkinsfan
October 9th, 2011, 05:35 PM
That must have been tough for JMU alum Lindsay Czarniak (ESPN) to commentate on ... I'm pretty sure that was her on ESPN.

R3TRO
October 9th, 2011, 05:38 PM
you forgot one

Shhhh. We're doing this quietly.

UNHFan
October 9th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I watched this game... AMAZING!!! Loved it!!.... Love is only there til last game of season!!xnonox

kdinva
October 9th, 2011, 08:41 PM
you forgot one
no disrespect, just y'all have been there/done that the past decade or so.

blackfordpu
October 9th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Is there a video of the play that can be posted here?

MR. CHICKEN
October 9th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Is there a video of the play that can be posted here?

SEE POST...#3.............BRAWK!

NHwildEcat
October 9th, 2011, 08:52 PM

Exactly why UNH should be mentioned. The most consistent team in the conference...our defense is questionable, but our offense is unmatched.

blackfordpu
October 9th, 2011, 08:55 PM
SEE POST...#3.............BRAWK!

Thanks, looked right past it.......chirp.

ccd494
October 10th, 2011, 07:16 AM

I recognize that UNH has been a lot more successful than Maine, but let's not talk like Maine having a good year is as shocking as Towson, or URI, or ODU (who are simply new). Maine made the playoffs three times in the past decade, with two conference titles.

Twentysix
October 10th, 2011, 08:23 AM
I would love to see maine in the FD. Hopefully our AD's can work something out.

Would be a good home and home.

ccd494
October 10th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I would love to see maine in the FD. Hopefully our AD's can work something out.

Would be a good home and home.

Given the incredibly close ties between the two, I'd have to think that if Maine is headed out to the Dakotas the game would be against UND. There's a ton of history there in hockey, the teams play almost annually in the non-conference schedule. About 10 years or so ago, when Maine's head coach (Shawn Walsh) died of cancer, the first game back home was against UND. UND wore their road jerseys with WALSH nameplates, then had them auctioned off for a cancer charity. UND is a class institution, and it would be great to extend the relationship between the Sioux and the Bears to football.

TwoFeathers
October 10th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Wow, did that dude get hurt?

Wildcat80
October 10th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Still a Top 2 highlight today....even with NFL highlights mixed in!!! Very cool!

Srdnaty
October 10th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Here is a much better video. Its the Maine highlights posted by a Maine fan, but it's the best video I've seen of it online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwHDsKb1_YM&sns=em

Rekdiver
October 10th, 2011, 11:38 AM
awesome

Twentysix
October 10th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Very nice, i cant believe that 1st touchdown play wasnt picked off. Marcus would of ran that back for 6.

The JMU defender standing on the top of the I in the endzone didnt even try.