PDA

View Full Version : W&M Officially First To Worst

TwoFeathers
October 8th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Tribe loses to Delaware 21-0. W&M officially collapses from pre-season #1 ranking. Risking coming in last in the CAA, missing playoffs completely and probably falling out of top 25 soon.

R3TRO
October 8th, 2011, 07:56 PM
UNH will allow you pad your offensive stats next week.

Reign of Terrier
October 8th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Woe is most of the CAA in comparison to previous years

TwoFeathers
October 8th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I feel for guys like Gottlieb and Grimes, who were All-Americans coming into the season. Both will probably fall off the radar, especially Gottlieb, due to the terrible offense production, and horrible quarterback play.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 08:02 PM
I wonder what Phil Steele thinks of that Tribe national championship prediction now?

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 08:03 PM
I feel for guys like Gottlieb and Grimes, who were All-Americans coming into the season. Both will probably fall off the radar, especially Gottlieb, due to the terrible offense production, and horrible quarterback play.

Not in my book. Gottlieb was incredible at Villanova last week, even with one early drop. And Grimes has been on my radar since he was a freshman.

TwoFeathers
October 8th, 2011, 08:04 PM
I wonder what Phil Steele thinks of that Tribe national championship prediction now?

... that he was drunk...

wmmii
October 8th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Coach needs to rethink his game plan based on the poor Q play we have. We have great backs and a good O line, if JMU can not pass hardly at all and beat us, maybe we should run..run..run... Our D has been put on the field too much. We have played UNH good and the players know they have to run the table now for the playoff so each game is do or die.

wmmii
October 8th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Not in my book. Gottlieb was incredible at Villanova last week, even with one early drop. And Grimes has been on my radar since he was a freshman.

Agreed and Gottlieb look good tonight!

TwoFeathers
October 8th, 2011, 08:10 PM

I'd like to look at the stats. I can't imagine any of our receivers are above average in the FCS or CAA. The last I saw, our passing offense was something like 117 out of 120 teams and our QB efficiency was dead last.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 8th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Tribe loses to Delaware 21-0. W&M officially collapses from pre-season #1 ranking. Risking coming in last in the CAA, missing playoffs completely and probably falling out of top 25 soon.

You won't be last in the CAA, I think 'Nova will get that honor. Rhody, ODU, and Richmond are all winnable games for the Tribe, and you might get lucky vs. Towson. Don't diminish our win by diminishing yourselves.

TwoFeathers
October 8th, 2011, 08:13 PM
As of last week, W&M passing offense, #98 out of 120 teams with 157.40 yards per game.

TwoFeathers
October 8th, 2011, 08:15 PM
W&M.. not a single receiver in the top 50 in FCS.

TwoFeathers
October 8th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Michael Graham is #34 in passing efficiency in FCS.

HensRock
October 8th, 2011, 08:17 PM

Anyone who has watched this league for a while knows that this is completely normal turnover for the conference.
Different teams step up every few years. It's why the CAA has 5 different teams with National championships. Towson was the only CAA to never make the playoffs until ODU joined.
That stat might be broken for both this year.

TwoFeathers
October 8th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Anyone who has watched this league for a while knows that this is completely normal turnover for the conference.
Different teams step up every few years. It's why the CAA has 5 different teams with National championships. Towson was the only CAA to never make the playoffs until ODU joined.
That stat might be broken for both this year.

Absolutely true. A bit unexpected for the Tribe this year, however, with 13 starters returning (if I recall correctly).

Pard4Life
October 8th, 2011, 09:26 PM
The Tribe open with Lafayette next year... two high-flying programs now in the cellar, battling for the toilet trophy.

MR. CHICKEN
October 8th, 2011, 09:41 PM

16178....NO OTHERAH CONFERENCE.....LIKE DUH CAA......ANY SKOOL...HERE CAN COMPETE FO' UH PLAY-OFF SPOT.......BRAWK!

Go...gate
October 8th, 2011, 09:48 PM

On this level, with the academic standing of a W & M or a Villanova, it is hard to be strong every year. Sometimes there has to be some rebuilding.

tribefan40
October 8th, 2011, 10:19 PM
You won't be last in the CAA, I think 'Nova will get that honor. Rhody, ODU, and Richmond are all winnable games for the Tribe, and you might get lucky vs. Towson. Don't diminish our win by diminishing yourselves.

+1. Two Feathers great thread man. xsmhx

Wildcat80
October 8th, 2011, 10:41 PM
On this level, with the academic standing of a W & M or a Villanova, it is hard to be strong every year. Sometimes there has to be some rebuilding.

That's bunk. Every team in the CAA has the same number of schollys. Some accept ALOT of transfers to fill in the gaps. GO UNH!!!

Tribal
October 8th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Stop with the "we have a harder time recruiting because of our high academics" garbage. Most guys who decide to play at W&M do so because of academics. Our 2009 team had the same academic workload and they seemed to find a way to win a lot of games. No excuses.

ngineer
October 8th, 2011, 10:52 PM
The Tribe open with Lafayette next year... two high-flying programs now in the cellar, battling for the toilet trophy.

Where's that going to be played?

GannonFan
October 8th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Agree with the other poster- W&M has already beaten nova and nova is terrible. W&M can't be the worst in the conference while nova is out there.