PDA

View Full Version : Coach Bill Curry

Friend of Pounce
October 6th, 2011, 06:16 PM
I have very little doubt that this will be mocked for one reason or another, but I wanted to share the link here because I think it touches on what many people love about FCS vs. the big-money tier of CFB. Like it or not, we do have reason to be proud here at GSU:

http://mobile.sportsillustrated.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1191050/index.htm

Reign of Terrier
October 6th, 2011, 06:19 PM
GSU's 6 national titles and multiple southern conference titles are enough to be proud of.

oh....wait a second

bleedingblue
October 6th, 2011, 06:25 PM
georgia state

bleedingblue
October 6th, 2011, 06:25 PM
the want to be gsu

cmaxwellgsu
October 6th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Yeah, he's just what college football needs. A sub-500 career coach shooting peas at battleships....

gasoutherneagle
October 6th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I'm a LIFE LONG Georgia Tech fan and a Georgia Southern Alumnus for 12 years. GSU is number one in my heart and Tech is close number two. Curry is the "Re-vitalizer" of Tech's football program in the 80's. He did what most couldn't: Make Tech Win... Like PJ. BACKOFF FELLOW EAGLE FANS... BACK THE F--- OFF!!!

BlueHenSinfonian
October 6th, 2011, 07:04 PM
I appreciate that GA State started a program. With many schools scaling back or dropping football, we should celebrate any school that decides to initiate a program at the FCS level. Curry seems like a great guy and he does bring a lifetime of experience with him. I don't have a problem with Curry, nor with GA State football as a whole.

I know that most of us here have been turned off from GA State by certain arrogant posters who expected their program to suddenly dominate the FCS field from day 1, and it's obvious that that hasn't happened. I would assume that most GA State fans are a bit more down to earth, and Curry hasn't said or done anything that deserves putting him in the crosshairs.

ngineer
October 6th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Just finished the article in my SI which arrived today. Very nice to see some recognition for those who still have the right perspective of what college sports' role is supposed to be.

seantaylor
October 7th, 2011, 01:14 AM
I'm a LIFE LONG Georgia Tech fan and a Georgia Southern Alumnus for 12 years. GSU is number one in my heart and Tech is close number two. Curry is the "Re-vitalizer" of Tech's football program in the 80's. He did what most couldn't: Make Tech Win... Like PJ. BACKOFF FELLOW EAGLE FANS... BACK THE F--- OFF!!!

Who the f cares about Georgia Tech?

gasoutherneagle
October 7th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Who the f cares about Georgia Tech?

You talkin' to him, brother! Any issues there?

seantaylor
October 7th, 2011, 11:17 PM
You talkin' to him, brother! Any issues there?

Absolutely.

Gringer1
October 8th, 2011, 12:01 AM
I am absolutely a professional troll.

FIFY

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 8th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Bill Curry has always had it figured out-as a player and as a coach. Forget the W's or the L's; he is a teacher, a coach, a leader, and a mentor. Who remembers the game at 'Bama when he actually took out a DB who was hot dogging and disrespecting the game and the opposition, gave him a lecture on respect, and benched the young man? He's got guts enough to stand up for what he believes in. Here's hoping he takes Ga. St. to FCS prominence so he can be a role model for the rest of our sub-division! xthumbsupx