PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-8

JALMOND
October 6th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Very interesting set of games on the docket for the Big Sky this weekend. What might be construed as the favorites all play on the road this weekend with the possible exception of Northern Arizona, and their game with Eastern Washington may be the closest that could be called a tossup. So, do I take all road teams? Here are my predictions within the conference. All are my opinions only. So far I am at 25-6 and hope for perfection once again

EWU at NAU---The Eagles finally broke through and got their first win last week at home against Weber State, Now they head on the road and play at Northern Arizona, who had two straight weeks to prepare. Can the Eagles continue on and get a win or will the extra week for the Lumberjacks give them the edge?...EWU 34, NAU 32.

UM at ISU---The Grizzlies got a strong win last week at home against Northern Colorado and now head on the road to try for their first road win of the year. For the Bengals, last week proved heartwrenching as Portland State escaped the beehive with a win. The Bengals have a bigger foe coming in. Will the results be different this time?...UM 28, ISU 24.

MSU at PSU---Hard to imagine that this game is for top spot in the conference. The Bobcats hit the road after outlasting Sacramento State at home while the Vikings continued being undefeated by beating Idaho State on the road. Now, bigger fish to fry and with the game at home, great things may be on the horizon for the Vikings. Or maybe they have to wait...MSU 31, PSU 28.

Sac State at UNC---Maybe the easiest game to pick, but even those have proven difficult this year. The Hornets look good last week at Montana State even with the loss and have had several bright spots this season. The Bears stayed relatively close on the road at Montana until the second half. As if that means something...Sac State 42, UNC 10.

wapiti
October 6th, 2011, 09:54 AM
EWU 22 at NAU 27---EWU plays a decent game, but being on the road and a bit one dimensional on offense gets them an L again. Meanwhile NAU earns the W.

UM 28 at ISU 20---UM took care of last place UNC last week, this week they get improved ISU on the road. This game will be closer then the griz would like, but they earn the W.

MSU 24 at PSU 20---Two teams tied for first and undefeated in FCS play. This game could be a dandy. I went with the higher ranked team plus my homerism and picked MSU.

Sac State 38 at UNC 17---Sac State should take care of business in this one and earn a nice road win.

Future Big Sky teams:

Montana Western 13 @ ND 52 Easy pick.

Southern Utah 32 @ South Dakota 31 Tough pick here. The road team wins a squeeker.

Central OK 12 @ Cal Poly 48 Easy pick

Humboldt State 17 @ UC Davis 24 Will be closer than expected.

THE DANIMAL
October 6th, 2011, 03:14 PM
EWU 28 at NAU 24

UM 41 at ISU 20

MSU 31 at PSU 17

Sac State 44 at UNC 28

All road teams win, but go PSU xthumbsupx

JALMOND
October 9th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Very interesting set of games on the docket for the Big Sky this weekend. What might be construed as the favorites all play on the road this weekend with the possible exception of Northern Arizona, and their game with Eastern Washington may be the closest that could be called a tossup. So, do I take all road teams? Here are my predictions within the conference. All are my opinions only. So far I am at 25-6 and hope for perfection once again

EWU at NAU---The Eagles finally broke through and got their first win last week at home against Weber State, Now they head on the road and play at Northern Arizona, who had two straight weeks to prepare. Can the Eagles continue on and get a win or will the extra week for the Lumberjacks give them the edge?...EWU 34, NAU 32.

UM at ISU---The Grizzlies got a strong win last week at home against Northern Colorado and now head on the road to try for their first road win of the year. For the Bengals, last week proved heartwrenching as Portland State escaped the beehive with a win. The Bengals have a bigger foe coming in. Will the results be different this time?...UM 28, ISU 24.

MSU at PSU---Hard to imagine that this game is for top spot in the conference. The Bobcats hit the road after outlasting Sacramento State at home while the Vikings continued being undefeated by beating Idaho State on the road. Now, bigger fish to fry and with the game at home, great things may be on the horizon for the Vikings. Or maybe they have to wait...MSU 31, PSU 28.

Sac State at UNC---Maybe the easiest game to pick, but even those have proven difficult this year. The Hornets look good last week at Montana State even with the loss and have had several bright spots this season. The Bears stayed relatively close on the road at Montana until the second half. As if that means something...Sac State 42, UNC 10.

Perfection. All visiting teams won. I would have enjoyed being wrong on one of them...the PSU/MSU game. Now 29-6 and perfect for October.