PDA

View Full Version : Bye @ Lafaytette

carney2
October 4th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Just looking to collect all of the Leopard hate mail in one place. KenZ gets his very own mailbox for this one.

Take notice that on the Lafayette board there is already conjecture as to Frank's successor. Will he resign? Will he apply for the open AD job? How about Hefner, Troxell, Wrobleski, or even Cecchini?

Frank isn't going anywhere, but this is what happens when you lose.

Go...gate
October 4th, 2011, 04:35 PM
The season isn't half over yet, for Pete's sake!

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I'm working on a new "saurus" just for this thread.

RichH2
October 4th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Can we hijack this thread to discuss a more relevant issue tearing at the soul of all FCS fans. Who is Kentucky Wesleyan?

carney2
October 4th, 2011, 06:19 PM
The season isn't half over yet, for Pete's sake!

Quoting from post number 1 of this thread:

"...this is what happens when you lose."

Oh yeah, 3-18 makes for a very long season...or two...or...

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Who is Kentucky Wesleyan?

Never heard of it. Does it have cheerleaders? Will they fit into Multi-Sport Field?

Ken_Z
October 4th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Just looking to collect all of the Leopard hate mail in one place. KenZ gets his very own mailbox for this one.

carney, carney, carney. i don't hate Lafayette, i just happen to love picking them to lose. i actually root for them in all ooc games and a fair number of PL games, it's just more fun to pick em to lose. besides, no other school consistently provides as much material for my weekly snarky comments in your pick em: puppets, circuses, Dan Weiss, etc. could i really ask for anything more? but that's the great thing, it is provided on an almost weekly basis without anyone asking.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 4th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Take notice that on the Lafayette board there is already conjecture as to Frank's successor. Will he resign? Will he apply for the open AD job? How about Hefner, Troxell, Wrobleski, or even Cecchini?

Though he might have more spare time on his hands now that The Playboy Club has been cancelled, isn't Hugh a bit old to coach the Leopards?

Oh, and though you didn't mention it, take Bye and the six points.

ngineer
October 4th, 2011, 11:38 PM

Take notice that on the Lafayette board there is already conjecture as to Frank's successor. Will he resign? Will he apply for the open AD job? How about Hefner, Troxell, Wrobleski, or even Cecchini?Frank isn't going anywhere, but this is what happens when you lose.

"Chick" would never take that job. Has a Lafayette or Lehigh alum ever coached at the other school? I sincerely doubt it. We've had some coaches over the past 125 years coach at both, but I don't think any were alums. I know I couldn't do it. I remember my daughter asking about applying to colleges and whether I'd object to her going to Lafayette. I told her she could go to Lafayette, but I would never write a check to that place. Let's face it. The indoctrination after four years...especially for those of us who 'teed it up', never leaves.

Pard4Life
October 5th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Yes, Pete Carrill.

And SB Newton coached both Lafayette and Lehigh as HC in the 1890s, 1900s. And Bots Brunner played for both schools in the 1920s. My uncle says there is a third in 40s nobody knows about since he knew the guy. Know your history!

Franks Tanks
October 5th, 2011, 08:56 AM
"Chick" would never take that job. Has a Lafayette or Lehigh alum ever coached at the other school? I sincerely doubt it. We've had some coaches over the past 125 years coach at both, but I don't think any were alums. I know I couldn't do it. I remember my daughter asking about applying to colleges and whether I'd object to her going to Lafayette. I told her she could go to Lafayette, but I would never write a check to that place. Let's face it. The indoctrination after four years...especially for those of us who 'teed it up', never leaves.

I highly doubt it would happen as well, but Coen isn't going anywhere anytime soon and Chick appears to be ready to become a head coach.

Bo Schembechler, the ultimate Michigan Man, was an assistant at Ohio State.

Bogus Megapardus
October 5th, 2011, 08:58 AM
I'm sure Lafayette has professors with Lehigh degrees, and vice-versa.

RichH2
October 5th, 2011, 09:05 AM
1 of my history profs was a graduate Of LC. He did not seem to have been permanently warped by his undergraduate exile to Pardland.xrolleyesx ( actually a great guy and 1 of the best teachers I had ):)

Bogus Megapardus
October 5th, 2011, 09:21 AM
1 of my history profs was a graduate Of LC. He did not seem to have been permanently warped by his undergraduate exile to Pardland.xrolleyesx ( actually a great guy and 1 of the best teachers I had ):)

Not a chance either school would hire a Bucknell grad, though . . . . xrolleyesx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 5th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Can't we all agree that we really, really hate Bucknell? xlolx

The Historian
October 5th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Jim McConlogue was head coach at Lafayette from 1958-62 and later an assistant at Lehigh under Dunlap. He died of a heart attack during one of Lehigh's games. He was very popular among the players and there is a football award named after him.

Both Hank Small and Andy Coen are Gettysburg College graduates. Gettysburg was in the old Middle Atlantic Conference and Lehigh (and Lafayette) played them every year until Gettysburg dropped to Division III.

RichH2
October 5th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Well maybe as a field hockey coach

Bogus Megapardus
October 6th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Since it's Lafayette's bye week, and we're off to such a dismal start, I thought I'd give everyone a sneak peek at the Patriot League's new Twenty-Fifth Anniversary Commemorative Poster. I though Sader87 might like this one especially well. The Fordham guys, too.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/6216/patriotleagueoriginalcr.png

It has a nice old-school charm about it, don't you think?

Pard4Life
October 6th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Aside from being very disturbing, the guy has all of his teeth, healthy gums, and no dentures.

Pard4Life
October 6th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Can't we all agree that we really, really hate Bucknell? xlolx

No.

I feel bad for them... you stole their touchdown song.

Ken_Z
October 6th, 2011, 09:40 AM
No.

I feel bad for them... you stole their touchdown song.

not only do they steal it, they go and play it to death. at Bucknell we have played it very sparingly (after each touchdown) and have allowed the tune to remain fresh over the years.

RichH2
October 6th, 2011, 09:50 AM
not only do they steal it, they go and play it to death. at Bucknell we have played it very sparingly (after each touchdown) and have allowed the tune to remain fresh over the years.

:D great line Z. Mea culpa for the theft. But you owe me a cup of coffee that I knocked off my desk laughing. Thanksxthumbsupx

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Aside from being very disturbing, the guy has all of his teeth, healthy gums, and no dentures.

The painting, “Midland Man 1874,” apparently was sold online in 2008 for $5.00. Supposedly it is is an image of Mr. D’Arcy E. Boulton, who resigned his post with the floundering Midland Railway sometime between 1873 and 1874, but got his pay nonetheless.

It is both disturbing and hysterically funny, at least to me.

DFW HOYA
October 7th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Bo Schembechler, the ultimate Michigan Man, was an assistant at Ohio State.

It's happened frequently:

Darrell Royal, the namesake coach at Texas, graduated from Oklahoma.
Barry Switzer, Mr. Oklahoma Football, graduated from Arkansas.
Vince Dooley, legendary Georgia coach, graduated from Auburn.

And even in basketball. Examples:

Bob Knight led Indiana to three NCAA titles, but is a graduate of Ohio State.
Rick Pitino has coached sucessfully at Kentucky and Louisville, no small feat.
And, lest we forget, Pete Carril (Lafayette '52) coached at Lehigh before Princeton hired him away.

Pard4Life
October 8th, 2011, 09:00 AM
The painting, “Midland Man 1874,” apparently was sold online in 2008 for $5.00. Supposedly it is is an image of Mr. D’Arcy E. Boulton, who resigned his post with the floundering Midland Railway sometime between 1873 and 1874, but got his pay nonetheless.

It is both disturbing and hysterically funny, at least to me.

Ah really... I was almost certain this was a cover of an old Penn media guide.