PDA

View Full Version : Yale OOC schedule 2012-2014

bulldog10jw
October 4th, 2011, 04:08 PM
http://portal31nhr.blogspot.com/

In 2012, Yale opens by hosting Georgetown on Sept. 15 and also host non-conference games against Colgate (Sept. 29) and Lafayette (Oct. 13).

Yale will travel to Colgate for the 2013 opener on Sept. 21, play at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo on Oct. 5 and hosts Fordham on Oct. 19.

The highlight of the 2014 non-conference schedule is a Sept. 27 home game against Army. The contest was set up as a way to honor the 100th anniversary of the Yale Bowl. The Bulldogs also host Lehigh on Sept. 20 and Colgate on Oct. 18.

Go...gate
October 4th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Great to see the Red Raiders and Bulldogs playing again. An old series, and while Yale has won most of the time, both schools have pulled a few memorable upsets.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Did the NCAA grant the wavier that was rumored, or did Army simply agree to the game regardless?

bulldog10jw
October 4th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Did the NCAA grant the wavier that was rumored, or did Army simply agree to the game regardless?

I haven't heard anything either way.

I think they agreed to the game regardless.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2011, 10:52 PM
This is a very good thing. What are the Johnnies going to do to try to top it?

Pard4Life
October 4th, 2011, 11:17 PM
Isn't Lafayette scheduled for the week preceding Cal Poly in 2013? It's in our guide.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Isn't Lafayette scheduled for the week preceding Cal Poly in 2013? It's in our guide.

xlolx That assumes much!

Pard4Life
October 5th, 2011, 08:04 AM
No our OOC is pretty set bogie and that actually leaves us with a game to fill if Yale doesn't show. I wish we played in the Bowl for the 100th anniversary and not the fountain fowl.

Bogus Megapardus
October 5th, 2011, 09:06 AM
No our OOC is pretty set bogie and that actually leaves us with a game to fill if Yale doesn't show. I wish we played in the Bowl for the 100th anniversary and not the fountain fowl.

Fisher's centennial will be in 15 years. We could be playing Army and Rutgers by then . . . or we could be playing or Muhlenberg and Ursinus. Rutgers would be the perfect game to get at home for Fisher's 100th, though. Such a long history. There certainly would be plenty of faculty support in New Brunswick for such a game.

RabidRabbit
October 5th, 2011, 09:19 AM
An Ivy is willing to play AT CAL POLY???? Congrat Stangs on the game. One and done, or a home/home with Yale?

Bogus Megapardus
October 5th, 2011, 09:25 AM
An Ivy is willing to play AT CAL POLY???? Congrat Stangs on the game. One and done, or a home/home with Yale?

I believe Princeton to traveled to San Diego a few years ago to play one of Jim Harbaugh's teams.

alvinkayak6
October 5th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Yale lost to San Diego under Harbaugh I believe.

bojeta
October 5th, 2011, 04:11 PM
In another thread, I heard Harvard is traveling to San Diego in 2012. Theoretically, we might have two Ivy League teams in Cal at the same time. Think they would charter a flight together? Nah!!!!

bulldog10jw
October 5th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Yale lost to San Diego under Harbaugh I believe.

Yale played San Diego 4 times in the last 10-12 years or so, twice in California and twice in the Bowl. The two teams split the 4 games, with each team winning once at home and once on the road.

The two games in California were close, the two games in CT were blowouts.

Go...gate
October 5th, 2011, 07:32 PM
I believe Princeton to traveled to San Diego a few years ago to play one of Jim Harbaugh's teams.

Yes.

Go...gate
October 5th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Fisher's centennial will be in 15 years. We could be playing Army and Rutgers by then . . . or we could be playing or Muhlenberg and Ursinus. Rutgers would be the perfect game to get at home for Fisher's 100th, though. Such a long history. There certainly would be plenty of faculty support in New Brunswick for such a game.

Including from this adjunct faculty member....

Bogus Megapardus
October 5th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Including from this adjunct faculty member....

Rutgers has played at Fisher Field 37 times in the past. So it's not like it would be anything new. In fact, Rutgers has visited Lafayette more than any other opponent except Princeton.

Go...gate
October 5th, 2011, 11:00 PM
The old Route 22 rivalry....

Ivytalk
October 6th, 2011, 06:18 AM
In another thread, I heard Harvard is traveling to San Diego in 2012. Theoretically, we might have two Ivy League teams in Cal at the same time. Think they would charter a flight together? Nah!!!!

Harvard has a home-and-home scheduled with San Diego in 2012-13. We go there first. That's the only non-PL OOC opponent for the next few years. We add G'town in 2014.

Bogus Megapardus
October 6th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Harvard has a home-and-home scheduled with San Diego in 2012-13. We go there first. That's the only non-PL OOC opponent for the next few years. We add G'town in 2014.

Can't bring the Versus television cameras down to 37th and O. Not allowed.