PDA

View Full Version : Northeast Conference Power Rankings - Week 6

dgreco
October 4th, 2011, 10:47 AM
1. Duquesne - +1 - The Dukes had a nice win over Bryant, took an early lead and then came back in the end. I think the Dukes are the front runners at this point of the year.
2. Albany - +3 - Albany has the run game going again and I think after some tough early season games they go on a run. They had a great game this past saturday to move them up three.
3. Monmouth - -2 - I thought Monmouth would walk away with a good win vs. RMU, but it was a tough loss to take. They went from the team to beat, to part of the pack. They can still have a great season and make the postseason, but they aren't the front runner anymore.
4. Bryant - -- - Bryant had a chance to win this game and lost it in the end. They only had +22 yards at the half and really turned it around in the second half. I still think Bryant finishes top 3 in the league this year, but right now they have to prove they can beat the better teams. This weekend doesn't help that either.
5. Central Connecticut - -2 - CCSU has had two tough losses in a row and one that they probably shouldn't have lost. They also have a tough game this upcoming weekend. Unfortunately I think CCSU has a three game losing streak and might hurt their chances at winning the league this year.
6. Robert Morris - +1 - RMU rebounded after some closes losses and won a good contest. I think they will turn the season around, but idk if they have a chance at the playoffs. At this point though they are still 6th in the conference.
7. Sacred Heart - +1 - back-to-back great wins. I think they can get a third win in a row and go on a nice little steak. I am liking how they haven't given in on the season. They can win a few more good games this year and maybe break .500 mark.
8. Wagner - -2 - They lose some close games and then get blown out. I think the 3 tough losses will take a toll on them and their season.
9. St. Francis - -- - Not much to say... Continue to schedule up out of conference but it isn't helping bring in the good players or helping them win some conference games. But kudos for not giving up.

M Ruler
October 4th, 2011, 11:43 AM
1. Duquesne - +1 - The Dukes had a nice win over Bryant, took an early lead and then came back in the end. I think the Dukes are the front runners at this point of the year.
2. Albany - +3 - Albany has the run game going again and I think after some tough early season games they go on a run. They had a great game this past saturday to move them up three.
3. Monmouth - -2 - I thought Monmouth would walk away with a good win vs. RMU, but it was a tough loss to take. They went from the team to beat, to part of the pack. They can still have a great season and make the postseason, but they aren't the front runner anymore.
4. Bryant - -- - Bryant had a chance to win this game and lost it in the end. They only had +22 yards at the half and really turned it around in the second half. I still think Bryant finishes top 3 in the league this year, but right now they have to prove they can beat the better teams. This weekend doesn't help that either.
5. Central Connecticut - -2 - CCSU has had two tough losses in a row and one that they probably shouldn't have lost. They also have a tough game this upcoming weekend. Unfortunately I think CCSU has a three game losing streak and might hurt their chances at winning the league this year.
6. Robert Morris - +1 - RMU rebounded after some closes losses and won a good contest. I think they will turn the season around, but idk if they have a chance at the playoffs. At this point though they are still 6th in the conference.
7. Sacred Heart - +1 - back-to-back great wins. I think they can get a third win in a row and go on a nice little steak. I am liking how they haven't given in on the season. They can win a few more good games this year and maybe break .500 mark.
8. Wagner - -2 - They lose some close games and then get blown out. I think the 3 tough losses will take a toll on them and their season.
9. St. Francis - -- - Not much to say... Continue to schedule up out of conference but it isn't helping bring in the good players or helping them win some conference games. But kudos for not giving up.

+1

I think I would make either Bryant or RMU number 3. Both of those teams impressed me saturday. Albany played two of the weaker teams on their schedule the last two weeks but won in convincing fashion. This weeks game with Duquesne and next weeks game with RMU will tell the tale of our Great Danes. A win will put them in the drivers seat and a loss will probably make them a 7-4 team.

dgreco
October 6th, 2011, 11:03 AM
I just feel like Bryant played two good teams and ended up losing to both so I couldn't move them up to #3 and I didn't feel comfortable with moving RMU up yet. I am sure they will finish near the top, but not yet.

I also acknowledge I may have Albany high right now, but they are winning games

alvinkayak6
October 6th, 2011, 11:30 AM
I want to beat the drums for Sacred Heart as they have more than shown glimpses of real football with a win over Dartmouth.