Bryant vs. Stonehill
CCSU @ Umass
Monmouth vs. Colgate
RMU vs. SFPA
Sacred Heart @ Columbia
Wagner vs. Georgetown

401ks
October 3rd, 2011, 10:54 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne - Tough game in Albany, but Dukes prevail.
Bryant vs. Stonehill - Bryant at home vs. very weak Division II foe.
CCSU @ Umass - Blue Devils step up in weight class and ...
Monmouth vs. Colgate - The Hawks fly straight after faltering last week.
RMU vs. SFPA - Colonials hold off a pesky NEC foe at home.
Sacred Heart @ Columbia - The Pioneers are on a roll!
Wagner vs. Georgetown - I pull for Georgetown most of the time, but I've got to go with the NEC "homer" pick here. The Hoyas' wins have come against suspect competition, and the Seahawks are hungry and at home.

crusader11
October 3rd, 2011, 11:08 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne
Bryant vs. Stonehill
CCSU @ Umass
Monmouth vs. Colgate
RMU vs. SFPA
Sacred Heart @ Columbia
Wagner vs. Georgetown

andy7171
October 3rd, 2011, 11:29 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne
Bryant vs. Stonehill
CCSU @ Umass
Monmouth vs. Colgate
RMU vs. SFPA
Sacred Heart @ Columbia
Wagner vs. Georgetown

Brad82
October 3rd, 2011, 11:34 AM
Albany
Bryant
Umass
Monmouth
RMU
SH
Wagner

M Ruler
October 3rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
Albany vs. Duquesne: UA's ground n pound keeps Dukes Air Schmitt on sidelines
Bryant vs. Stonehill: Shame on Bryant for scheduling this game.
CCSU @ Umass: CCSU overhyped.UMASS rolls
Monmouth vs. Colgate:Eachus = victory
RMU vs. SFPA: RMU getting it's sea legs back
Sacred Heart @ Columbia I wouldnt be shocked to see SHU win this.
Wagner vs. Georgetown A coin toss. Wagner may be done for the year

bjtheflamesfan
October 3rd, 2011, 01:18 PM
Albany vs. Duquesne
Bryant vs. Stonehill
CCSU @ Umass
Monmouth vs. Colgate
RMU vs. SFPA
Sacred Heart @ Columbia
Wagner vs. Georgetown

401ks
October 3rd, 2011, 03:33 PM
Albany vs. Duquesne: UA's ground n pound keeps Dukes Air Schmitt on sidelines

xeyebrowx

I can't argue with you about your pick. You could well be right. This should prove to be a close, tough game that either team could win.

However, I wondered about your pre-game analysis.

Do you realize that (according to the NCAA that doesn't consider Bryant to be a member of the NEC yet):

Albany leads the NEC in Passing Yardage Per Game with 243 ypg? ("ground n pound"?)

Duquesne leads the NEC in Passing Defense with a 128.4 ypg average?

Albany is currently last in the NEC in Interceptions with two (2)?

Duquesne leads the NEC in Rushing Yardage Per Game with 251.8 ypg? ("Air Schmitt"?)

Albany is seventh in the NEC in Rushing Defense, allowing 185.5 ypg?

If I were a fan of the Great Danes, I'd be more concerned about "ground n pound" Larry McCoy (5 100+ yards in 5 games this season for a 139 ypg average even after sitting out large portions of the blowout games) than Patterson/Dixon/Spragg/et al. "Air Schmitt".

Just sayin'

xpeacex

M Ruler
October 3rd, 2011, 03:46 PM
401K I agree this will be a good game.

The stats are very misleading as all stats are. UA's passing game is nothing more than quick outs or slants to very good perimeter players and recievers. They will throw the occasional bonmb to keep teams honest. The back or rec takes a 5 yard out and turn it into a 25 yard gain. Andrew Smith and Omar Osbourne will get 25 touches and most of their yards are on the ground. They have been getting back to the ground game more and more the last 3 weeks.

On D we have faced 2 great running backs (Maine & Colgate)and a running qb (Colgate & Columbia) in 3 out of 4 games. They clamped down on Harbridge from SFPA. Yards given up on the ground have come from Nate Eachus of Colgate and the stud from Maine. No disrespect and as good as Harbridge, McCoy, and the kid from Bryant are, I am not sure McCoy or any other back from the NEC is on the same level as either of those two backs from Colgate or Maine.

I hope Duquesne runs more than pass as our secondary isint all that great and it hasnt been grade A in several years.

You must know by now that we traditionally run the ball far more than we throw it. This year is a weird year for sure. Here is hoping for another cold and windy day at UA!

danefan
October 3rd, 2011, 03:59 PM
xeyebrowx

I can't argue with you about your pick. You could well be right. This should prove to be a close, tough game that either team could win.

However, I wondered about your pre-game analysis.

Do you realize that (according to the NCAA that doesn't consider Bryant to be a member of the NEC yet):

Albany leads the NEC in Passing Yardage Per Game with 243 ypg? ("ground n pound"?)

Duquesne leads the NEC in Passing Defense with a 128.4 ypg average?

Albany is currently last in the NEC in Interceptions with two (2)?

Duquesne leads the NEC in Rushing Yardage Per Game with 251.8 ypg? ("Air Schmitt"?)

Albany is seventh in the NEC in Rushing Defense, allowing 185.5 ypg?

If I were a fan of the Great Danes, I'd be more concerned about "ground n pound" Larry McCoy (5 100+ yards in 5 games this season for a 139 ypg average even after sitting out large portions of the blowout games) than Patterson/Dixon/Spragg/et al. "Air Schmitt".

Just sayin'

xpeacex

Look at the increase in rushing attempts for Albany during this season:

Colgate - 20 attempts for 93 yards
Maine - 28 attempts for 79 yards
Columbia - 38 for 216
SFPA - 51 for 245

Getting back to the ground game is why we've been winning.

Under 30 rushing attempts for an Albany team is crazy. We averaged 42 rushes per game last year and in past years with David McCarty and Gary Jones we probably averaged over 50 rushes per game. Shoot those two guys probably averaged over 30 rushes per game themselves.

Its what we're built to do. Run the ball. We didn't do that the first two games and we lost.

401ks
October 3rd, 2011, 04:09 PM
Its what we're built to do. Run the ball.

You must know by now that we traditionally run the ball far more than we throw it.

I don't disagree with you guys! I just found the stats to be "interesting" and a basis for a bit of a discussion.

I'm really looking forward to this game. I've had it noted on my calendar for quite some time.

My personal feeling is that if Patterson is "on", I'm not sure if Albany has an answer for Dixon/Spragg/et al., and the Danes will be hard-pressed to keep McCoy from getting his 100+ yards.

But we shall see! I'll be the first to congratulate you guys if Albany comes out on top.

May the best team win.

xthumbsupx

UAalum72
October 3rd, 2011, 06:31 PM
Look at the increase in rushing attempts for Albany during this season:

Colgate - 20 attempts for 93 yards
Maine - 28 attempts for 79 yards
Columbia - 38 for 216
SFPA - 51 for 245

Getting back to the ground game is why we've been winning.

Or went to the ground game BECAUSE we were winning, and were playing the worst teams on our schedule that we could just overpower up front. Remember that after the first two games we were complaining that the line was getting no push, that recruiting smaller faster linemen wasn't working.

It's like announcers will say 'Team X has won every game this year when they had a 100-yard rusher' - they didn't win because they ran him every play until he got 100, they ran him when they were ahead and were trying to kill the clock. Teams rack up big passing yards when they're behind.

danefan
October 3rd, 2011, 07:39 PM
Or went to the ground game BECAUSE we were winning, and were playing the worst teams on our schedule that we could just overpower up front. Remember that after the first two games we were complaining that the line was getting no push, that recruiting smaller faster linemen wasn't working.

It's like announcers will say 'Team X has won every game this year when they had a 100-yard rusher' - they didn't win because they ran him every play until he got 100, they ran him when they were ahead and were trying to kill the clock. Teams rack up big passing yards when they're behind.

I agree that the passing in the Maine game may have been increased as we played from behind. But we never even tried to establish the running game, let alone try to get it really working. We would have won the Colgate game had we run th ball 40 times. We would not have won the Maine game, but I really think it would have been closer than it was.

aceinthehole
October 4th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne - (GOTW) Albany is on a roll, but I think the Dukes are ready to make a statement in the NEC.
Bryant vs. Stonehill - Is this finally the last of Bryant's NE-10 games?
CCSU @ UMass - I think Central will avoid embarassment beacuse UMass is having a "down" year.
Monmouth vs. Colgate - This is going to be a great (and tight) game. I'll be a NEC homer.
RMU vs. SFPA - Colonials make it 2 in a row.
Sacred Heart @ Columbia - SHU has the confidence, and Columbia just isn't very good.
Wagner vs. Georgetown - Not sure what happening at Wagner, but I think the wheels are falling off the bus after a few close losses

danefan
October 4th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne - (GOTW) Albany is on a roll, but I think the Dukes are ready to make a statement in the NEC.
Bryant vs. Stonehill - Is this finally the last of Bryant's NE-10 games?
CCSU @ UMass - I think Central will avoid embarassment beacuse UMass is having a "down" year.
Monmouth vs. Colgate - This is going to be a great (and tight) game. I'll be a NEC homer.
RMU vs. SFPA - Colonials make it 2 in a row.
Sacred Heart @ Columbia - SHU has the confidence, and Columbia just isn't very good.
Wagner vs. Georgetown - Not sure what happening at Wagner, but I think the wheels are falling off the bus after a few close losses

This is the last DII game any NEC team will ever play. The NEC scheduling rules go into effect next year. No sub-DI games allowed.

danefan
October 4th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne - I'm going Albany at home. Weather looks decent and I'm hoping for a relatively big crowd (5,000+). The key to this game is which team can stop the run. Duquesne will get their passing yards, the key for the Danes on defense is stopping the McCoy. Albany has some added incentive this week - Coach Ford is going for his 250th career win, which will put him alone at #18 on the all-time Division I list (FBS and FCS). He's currently tied with Lou Holtz with 249 career wins. Coach Ford is first in FCS for Active coaches and 4th all-time behind Eddie Robinson, Roy Kidd and Tubby Raymond.

Bryant vs. Stonehill - Bryant in a blowout concluding their time playing DII teams.

CCSU @ Umass - Close, but no cigar for CCSU. CCSU appears to be a different team than the one that played JMU very tough. UMass coming off a blowout loss to ODU will be out for blood. CCSU could, I repeat, could win this game. They have to capitalize on turnovers though.

Monmouth vs. Colgate - I'm going with Monmouth. Coming off a tough loss to RMU, I think the Hawks are looking for payback from a tough loss at Colgate last year. Eachus will get his 150+, but if Monmouth can limit the young QB's effectiveness, they will win this game.

RMU vs. SFPA - blowout

Sacred Heart @ Columbia - Dartmouth is better than Columbia. Sacred Heart someone is on a roll despite all indications otherwise in the beginning of the season. Riding high going down to 218th Street, but I think this will be close.

Wagner vs. Georgetown - I'm going with Wagner on a limb. Without Doscher at full strength I'm not sure Wagner has enough. But I'll be an NEC homer.

Dane96
October 4th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne
Bryant vs. Stonehill
CCSU @ Umass
Monmouth vs. Colgate
RMU vs. SFPA
Sacred Heart @ Columbia
Wagner vs. Georgetown

dgreco
October 4th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne - Albany seems like they are about to go on a roll. Duquense had a tough fought win last week, but the trip and being on the road plays a little toll on them and Albany wins in a very close one.
Bryant vs. Stonehill - Hopefully Croce can use this game to continue to get into game shape and the O-Line guys that are replacing starters use this to work some stuff out.
CCSU @ UMass - UMass is having a decent season and CCSU has had a few tough losses. I would love to see CCSU win, but UMass gets the win on this one.
Monmouth vs. Colgate - Monmouth snags the home win and shows that the RMU loss will not effect their chance for the playoffs
RMU vs. SFPA - RMU shows they are better than their record and has a nice win.
Sacred Heart @ Columbia - SHU roll continues and they get their second Ivy win of the season.
Wagner vs. Georgetown - Georgetown started off hot but has slowed down a little. I think Wagner sneaks by and gets the win.

Original_RMC
October 5th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne
NEC Game of the Week.
The Dukes travel to Albany in what seems to be a great matchup. The Dukes I believe are finally ready to make their move towards the NEC title...the issue...so is Albany.
The Dukes have the #1 Offense in the NEC while Albany is #2 but the Dukes are #1 in D. Albany is #1 in pass offense and the Dukes counter with the #1 rated Pass D in the NEC. (My head hurts)
I think the Dukes have been waiting for a game like this within the NEC to show that there was a reason that they dominated the MAAC conference for years.

Dukes 28-24

Bryant vs. Stonehill
Bryant + Home Game (x DII team) = Huge Win

Bryant 34-10

CCSU @ Umass
CCSU must try to find itself again against a tough matchup. I think CCSU plays tough and starts to show again why they were the pre-season favorites to win the conference this year but UMass is too much at the end.

UMass 24-20

Monmouth vs. Colgate
Colgate is 2-1 against Monmouth and at home, Colgate is 2-0 and outscoring their opponents 75-48.
Monmouth has to recover quickly from that bad home lost against Robert Morris.
I think the running of Nate Eachus will wear down the Hawks late in the 4th quarter.

Colgate 21-17

RMU vs. SFPA
1st ever home night game for the Colonials and its homecoming. The 1996 championship will be honored during the game. I think the Colonials found themselves a bit against Monmouth and will ride that success into this game.
Colonials win big.

RMU 31-17

Sacred Heart @ Columbia
Is SHU for real? Columbia is 0-3 but for some reason this game scares me a bit.
I think SHU is playing too well to let this game be a let down.

SHU 26-20

Wagner vs. Georgetown
Does Wagner have a QB controversy being that Doscher sat briefly in the 1st half against Cornell and for the bulk of the 2nd half?
Georgetown averages about 30pts per game but is awful in defending the pass giving up 265yds per game via the pass. Wagner is only a little better with giving up 238yds per game. GU statistically has a better Rush D and GU loves the passing attack.
I will be a NEC homer and pick Wagner

Wagner 24-20

blackbeard
October 5th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Duquesne
Bryant
Umass
Monmouth
RMU
Sacred Heart
Georgetown

Seahawks Fan
October 5th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne
Bryant vs. Stonehill
CCSU @ Umass
Monmouth vs. Colgate
RMU vs. SFPA
Sacred Heart @ Columbia
Wagner vs. Georgetown

danefan
October 5th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne
Bryant vs. Stonehill
CCSU @ Umass
Monmouth vs. Colgate
RMU vs. SFPA
Sacred Heart @ Columbia
Wagner vs. Georgetown

Doscher playing?

downbythebeach
October 5th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne - Dukes on the way to take the autobid
Bryant vs. Stonehill - I don't see why playing 1 local d2 team is that bad
CCSU @ Umass - In a blowout
Monmouth vs. Colgate - hawks hang tough, but too much in the end
RMU vs. SFPA - Hopefully flash get it all together today
Sacred Heart @ Columbia - Lions are not too good again
Wagner vs. Georgetown - Seahawks have been looking pretty decent

hidalgo
October 5th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Duquesne- Top 3 offensive players in the League in McCoy,Patterson,Dixon
Bryant- Poor Stonehill this week
Umass- CCSU overrated
Monmouth- Just because I am a NEC guy
RMU- SFPA just bad
Sacred Heart- happy for them
Georgetown- Something missing with Wagner this year.

NFLCB2
October 5th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Albany vs. Duquesne
Bryant vs. Stonehill
CCSU @ Umass
Monmouth vs. Colgate
RMU vs. SFPA
Sacred Heart @ Columbia
Wagner vs. Georgetown

MUHAWKS
October 5th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Albany vs. Duquesne
Bryant vs. Stonehill
CCSU @ Umass
Monmouth vs. Colgate
RMU vs. SFPA
Sacred Heart @ Columbia
Wagner vs. Georgetown

Give me: Duquesne (total guess) , Bryant, U MASS, MONMOUTH, RMU, Sacred Heart and Gtown...

busybee14
October 6th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Albany
Bryant
Umass
Colgate
RMU
SHU
WAGS

busybee14
October 6th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne
NEC Game of the Week.
The Dukes travel to Albany in what seems to be a great matchup. The Dukes I believe are finally ready to make their move towards the NEC title...the issue...so is Albany.
The Dukes have the #1 Offense in the NEC while Albany is #2 but the Dukes are #1 in D. Albany is #1 in pass offense and the Dukes counter with the #1 rated Pass D in the NEC. (My head hurts)
I think the Dukes have been waiting for a game like this within the NEC to show that there was a reason that they dominated the MAAC conference for years.

Dukes 28-24

Bryant vs. Stonehill
Bryant + Home Game (x DII team) = Huge Win

Bryant 34-10

CCSU @ Umass
CCSU must try to find itself again against a tough matchup. I think CCSU plays tough and starts to show again why they were the pre-season favorites to win the conference this year but UMass is too much at the end.

UMass 24-20

Monmouth vs. Colgate
Colgate is 2-1 against Monmouth and at home, Colgate is 2-0 and outscoring their opponents 75-48.
Monmouth has to recover quickly from that bad home lost against Robert Morris.
I think the running of Nate Eachus will wear down the Hawks late in the 4th quarter.

Colgate 21-17

RMU vs. SFPA
1st ever home night game for the Colonials and its homecoming. The 1996 championship will be honored during the game. I think the Colonials found themselves a bit against Monmouth and will ride that success into this game.
Colonials win big.

RMU 31-17

Sacred Heart @ Columbia
Is SHU for real? Columbia is 0-3 but for some reason this game scares me a bit.
I think SHU is playing too well to let this game be a let down.

SHU 26-20

Wagner vs. Georgetown
Does Wagner have a QB controversy being that Doscher sat briefly in the 1st half against Cornell and for the bulk of the 2nd half?
Georgetown averages about 30pts per game but is awful in defending the pass giving up 265yds per game via the pass. Wagner is only a little better with giving up 238yds per game. GU statistically has a better Rush D and GU loves the passing attack.
I will be a NEC homer and pick Wagner

Wagner 24-20

No QB controversy Dosch is hurt and may be done!

eiu1999
October 6th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Week 6 Games
Albany vs. Duquesne
Bryant vs. Stonehill
CCSU @ Umass
Monmouth vs. Colgate
RMU vs. SFPA
Sacred Heart @ Columbia
Wagner vs. Georgetown

RattlerFan70
October 8th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Albany vs. Duquesne
Bryant vs. Stonehill
CCSU @ Umass
Monmouth vs. Colgate
RMU vs. SFPA
Sacred Heart @ Columbia
Wagner vs. Georgetown

401ks
October 8th, 2011, 12:41 PM
xbangx

End of first quarter: Albany 21 - Duquesne 0

This might turn into a good game if/when the Duquesne football team shows up.

danefan
October 8th, 2011, 12:46 PM
xbangx

End of first quarter: Albany 21 - Duquesne 0

This might turn into a good game if/when the Duquesne football team shows up.

Definitely didn't see this one coming!

Danes look like they've figured some stuff out on offense.

dgreco
October 8th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Definitely didn't see this one coming!

Danes look like they've figured some stuff out on offense.

Completely surprised by this score

danefan
October 8th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Completely surprised by this score

Duquesne hasn't been able to stop the run or pass game. It should be 31-0 but Albany fumbled on the Dukes 10 yard line.

aceinthehole
October 8th, 2011, 01:12 PM
I didn't see this either, but I'm more suprised that the Dukes haven't put up any points yet.

I would have guess this would be a shootout, before I would predict a shutout. That being said, it is still early in the game.

401ks
October 8th, 2011, 01:20 PM
24-0 at the half.

xsmhx

The two interceptions that Duquesne's Patterson threw were straightforward miscommunication between the QB and his receivers.

Albany has Duquesne chasing after their own tails.

Great play by Albany and HORRIBLE play by Duquesne = BLOWOUT.

I hope for better in the second half, but at this point Albany is the FAR better team.

danefan
October 8th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Albany closing up into a shell. I've seen this before (Colgate)....OCoordinator better open that playbook back up. Dukes can score and score fast.

This game is NOT over.

danefan
October 8th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Layton with 51, 50 and 66 yard punts today for Albany.

Should drive his average up over 47 for the year and tops in the nation after this game.

Kid is definitely an NFL punter.

danefan
October 8th, 2011, 02:00 PM
And like I said the Dukes are back in it!

danefan
October 8th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Gotta jump in the car. Talk to you guys later.

I'll be listening on the ipone! (RIP Steve Jobs!)

401ks
October 8th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Final: 38-10

xsmileyclapx

Congratulations to the Great Danes and all of their fans! Total domination today.

xthumbsupx

I'll call it right now... Albany will be the NEC Champs.

That being said...

If the Blue Devils of Central Connecticut State think for one minute that today's Duquesne team is the same team that they will face next week on The Bluff, they will be setting themselves up for a big surprise!

GO DUKES!

401ks
October 10th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Final: 38-10

xsmileyclapx

Congratulations to the Great Danes and all of their fans! Total domination today.

xthumbsupx

I'll call it right now... Albany will be the NEC Champs.

That being said...

If the Blue Devils of Central Connecticut State think for one minute that today's Duquesne team is the same team that they will face next week on The Bluff, they will be setting themselves up for a big surprise!

GO DUKES!

And a certain Albany "fan" comes onto the Dukes' board and talks smack.

xnonono2x

I teach my players to have class whether they win or lose. Too bad some people were never taught that lesson.

M Ruler
October 10th, 2011, 08:59 AM
And a certain Albany "fan" comes onto the Dukes' board and talks smack.

xnonono2x

I teach my players to have class whether they win or lose. Too bad some people were never taught that lesson.

I promise you it was not smack that I posted on your forum. I followed your forum last week read what was being said and waited for the game to play out. My post is below. I really didnt think this was smack. if you are offended I do apologize. But when your posters are saying things like Duquesne would beat Albany 9 out of 10 times...well thats just not the case. Every time you lose to UA the excuses come out.

]When UA lost to Colgate after blowing a 10 point lead, you did not hear excuses. When Maine kicked our A$$, again, no excuses.

Since I played for Coach Ford, I am pretty sure I learned how to play and carry myself with class. See my post below from Duquesne board.

[B]Why is it that everytime Duquesne comes to Albany and gets their a$$ handed to them there is always an excuse. In 2002 it was the mud and the wind. In 2009 it was the injury bug. In 2011 the team failed to show up.

2 FBS transfers does not equal championship. Its how those pieces are put in motion by the coaching staff.

Its one thing to play Dayton and Valpo OOC and quite another to play Colgate and Maine. Both losses(Had Colgate by 10...shoulda won...but we didnt) by Albany to those teams probably helped more than the wins vs inferior competition.

401ks
October 10th, 2011, 09:43 AM
I promise you it was not smack that I posted on your forum. I followed your forum last week read what was being said and waited for the game to play out. My post is below. I really didnt think this was smack. if you are offended I do apologize. But when your posters are saying things like Duquesne would beat Albany 9 out of 10 times...well thats just not the case. Every time you lose to UA the excuses come out.

]When UA lost to Colgate after blowing a 10 point lead, you did not hear excuses. When Maine kicked our A$$, again, no excuses.

Since I played for Coach Ford, I am pretty sure I learned how to play and carry myself with class. See my post below from Duquesne board.

[B]Why is it that everytime Duquesne comes to Albany and gets their a$$ handed to them there is always an excuse. In 2002 it was the mud and the wind. In 2009 it was the injury bug. In 2011 the team failed to show up.

2 FBS transfers does not equal championship. Its how those pieces are put in motion by the coaching staff.

Its one thing to play Dayton and Valpo OOC and quite another to play Colgate and Maine. Both losses(Had Colgate by 10...shoulda won...but we didnt) by Albany to those teams probably helped more than the wins vs inferior competition.

1.) If Duquesne had won again this year, the LAST place you would have seen me is on the Albany board schooling the Albany faithful on how wrong they were about their beloved team.

2.) ONE brand-new poster posted the 9-out-of-10 line. A bit over the top, in my opinion. If he/she had posted that on this board, I would have called him/her out on it. But it was on the Dukes' board. Some things are a more easily tolerated "within the family".

3. You posted (something you didn't quote here):

Had Colgate by 10...shoulda won...but we didnt

The Duquesne faithful feel that the Dukes (at least) shoulda played better at Albany, but we didn't. Is that an "excuse"?

4.) Albany's program is held up by folks at Duquesne as one that we wish to emulate. It is the "big brother" that has had scholarships for a longer period of time and has run their program the way we feel the Duquesne program should be run. Albany is a class act, and a fine football team that Duquesne is proud to have (finally) beaten last year.

5.) Duquesne has stepped up their scheduling (Delaware, for example) in the past few years. The Dukes were caught between a rock and a hard place for 2011. They would've been stuck with only 4 home games in 2011 if they couldn't find a team to come to The Bluff this year. Valparaiso agreed to the H&H. Valpo instead of Delaware. I don't need tell you how happy the Dukes' fans were about that! Dayton will probably remain on the schedule for years to come. It is a natural A-10 rivalry. That being said, everyone connected with the Duquesne program understands that scheduling needs to improve. The Dukes didn't come to the NEC from the MAAC to play a PFL schedule.

6.) We hope that the Dukes live up to their potential this year. I trust that there won't be any Duquesne fans trolling the message boards of the teams we beat to offer up verbal smack-downs to their fans.

EDIT:

HOLY COW!

From the Albany board, a post by MRuler:

I just was on the Duquesne board and yet again they are filled with excuses. I basically called them out on it.

And yet...

Since I played for Coach Ford, I am pretty sure I learned how to play and carry myself with class.

No, you didn't.

xnonono2x

hidalgo
October 10th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Albany loses this week to Robert Morris........letdown week.