2011 Record: 26-5 (4-2 SLC)
Total: 202-80 (73-45 SLC)

Southland Conference - Week 6 Game Listing
Central Arkansas at Nicholls State
Sam Houston State vs. Stephen F. Austin
Northwestern State at Lamar
Texas State-San Marcos at McNeese State

TT's Quick Analysis and Predictions
Central Arkansas at Nicholls State - The Colonels continue to struggle and while they tend to have a midseason turnaround annually, it may not come. Let's hope the athletic dierctor does not provide pre-game ammunition for the opposing team as he did this previous week with the withdrawal of the paddle. Thinking CENTRAL ARKANSAS continues the paddle beating of Nicholls.

Sam Houston State vs. Stephen F. Austin - Throw the rankings out, throw the records out, throw it all out. Neutral site rivalry game. It can go either way. SHSU was not themselves against UTSA for a variety of reasons, but perhaps they were looking forward to the Battle of the Piney Woods? Axes down this week as Flanders, Sincere and Bell axe the Jacks to move closer to a playoff spot. SAM HOUSTON STATE

Northwestern State at Lamar - This may very well be the toughest game to pick or not. It really depends on what you think of Lamar beating Southeastern and how you assess Northwestern State through their tough schedule. I'm not convinced on Lamar and I'm not 100% sure that I am ready to put NWST amongst the contenders in the league with UCA, SHSU and McNeese. Sorry Cards, this one is for Brad. NORTHWESTERN STATE

Texas State-San Marcos at McNeese State - McNeese will be home and that's the best part about this one. I think the Bobcats are looking better than we thought they would based on previous results, but then again - coming off a win over a lowly Nicholls squad. McNeese will want to win this one and I think the Bobcats will be up against it in Lake Chuck. McNEESE STATE

blackfordpu
October 2nd, 2011, 08:41 AM
Week 1: 8-0
Week 2: 6-0
Week 3: 7-0
Week 4: 2-3
Week 5: 3-2

Sam Houston State vs. Stephen F. Austin - I really hope Bell is back for this one, if not it could go the other way quickly.

TheRevSFA
October 2nd, 2011, 10:46 AM
Give me UCA, McNeese, NWSULA, and SFA for the homer (and breaking Sam's undefeated season)

msusig
October 2nd, 2011, 12:27 PM

crossfire07
October 2nd, 2011, 01:35 PM

Dallas Demon
October 2nd, 2011, 04:26 PM

UNI Pike
October 2nd, 2011, 05:31 PM
What happened to SFA? I thought that they would be better than they have shown so far. I knew there was going to be an adjustment after losing Moses, but it seems to be getting worse by the week. Schedule is part of it, but not all.

TheRevSFA
October 2nd, 2011, 05:52 PM
Honestly...in looking at it..Nesbitt isn't cutting it as OC. His play calling is awful, and we've come to realize that JC Harper didn't run that team..Shannon Dawson did...and now WVU has him

McNeese75
October 2nd, 2011, 11:25 PM

GeauxLions94
October 3rd, 2011, 12:20 PM
Texas State at McNeese State

TexasTerror
October 3rd, 2011, 12:51 PM
If it helps... KatFans.com Power Rankings... McNeese picked up some votes this week, going from 1 to 3.

Team Points FPV
Sam Houston State 77 (7)
McNeese 73 (3)
Central Arkansas 59
Northwestern State 44
Stephen F. Austin 43
Lamar 28
Nicholls 18
Southeastern Louisiana 18

http://katfansblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/katfanscom-week-5-power-poll.html

Bearkat-Backer
October 3rd, 2011, 01:00 PM

This

katstrapper
October 3rd, 2011, 02:34 PM
Central Arkansas at Nicholls State.. The Colonels are struggling as the Bears come calling. Central Sooey attack is too strong for Nicholls to contain.. DA BEARS

Sam Houston State vs. Stephen F. Austin.. SFA is struggling more that I thought they would and SHSU has quietly risen through the ranks of the FCS to #11 going into Week #6... However, you can throw all that garbage out the door and saddle up for the next addition of the "Battle of the Piney Woods". SHSU offense struggled last week with Bell out against UTSA. But still, Flanders and the rest of the gang was able to pound out 222yds on the ground. SHSU #1 ranked rush defense will be too much with Moses gone...... KATS

Northwestern State at Lamar... Tough game to pick here because you dont know which team will show up. I think Lamar shocked everyone when they beat SE Louisiana last week. Normally it takes the Cardinals two games or more to score 48 points. NW State last game on the road was a shutout, then get beat at home by McNeese last week. I will flip a coin here and go with... DEMONS

Texas State-San Marcos at McNeese State... McNeese St appears to be getting things in gear now that conference play is here. Texas St has been up and down. Pokes at home in "THE HOLE" for this game.... DA BOYS..

LIONFAN07
October 6th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Last week 3-2

TheRevSFA
October 6th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Central Arkansas at Nicholls State.. The Colonels are struggling as the Bears come calling. Central Sooey attack is too strong for Nicholls to contain.. DA BEARS

Sam Houston State vs. Stephen F. Austin.. SFA is struggling more that I thought they would and SHSU has quietly risen through the ranks of the FCS to #11 going into Week #6... However, you can throw all that garbage out the door and saddle up for the next addition of the "Battle of the Piney Woods". SHSU offense struggled last week with Bell out against UTSA. But still, Flanders and the rest of the gang was able to pound out 222yds on the ground. SHSU #1 ranked rush defense will be too much with Moses gone...... KATS

Northwestern State at Lamar... Tough game to pick here because you dont know which team will show up. I think Lamar shocked everyone when they beat SE Louisiana last week. Normally it takes the Cardinals two games or more to score 48 points. NW State last game on the road was a shutout, then get beat at home by McNeese last week. I will flip a coin here and go with... DEMONS

Texas State-San Marcos at McNeese State... McNeese St appears to be getting things in gear now that conference play is here. Texas St has been up and down. Pokes at home in "THE HOLE" for this game.... DA BOYS..

Katstrapper..while I agree that Sam would probably get this win...would the number 1 RUSH defense matter against a team who throws the ball?

Probably not.

katstrapper
October 6th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Katstrapper..while I agree that Sam would probably get this win...would the number 1 RUSH defense matter against a team who throws the ball?

Probably not.

Yep sure will because not only will the RUSH OFFENSE get stopped, but RUSHING the QB will produce enough sacks to hold the PASS offense in check.

TheRevSFA
October 6th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Do you know how many times Attaway has been sacked this season? 3..in 5 games..3 sacks...

Oh and Sam ranks 3rd behind SFA in number of sacks this season...and 2nd behind SFA in sacks given up.

OL/DL battle on both sides should be good.

katstrapper
October 6th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I know SFA throws the ball around, but you also need to run it to keep the heat off the QB. Defense will have their ears pinned back ready to hammer Attaway. Yall do throw a lot of quick pass, slants and screens so that will cut down on sacks allowed too.

This will definitely be a fun game as always. I have been to MANY of these games over the years and everyone of them, except for a handful, have gone down to the wire. The thing I keep waiting to happen, and it will, is for Fritz to open up the offensive playbook. Most people dont know it, but Bell can throw the rock and very well too. Look at his stats from his senior year at China Spring....

3,679 yds, 35 tds 306.6 yds passing per game
.684 completion percentage

I just dont think we have the talent at the receiver position right now to open up the offense..

Looking forward to Saturday. I will be there for sure.

BEAR
October 6th, 2011, 02:10 PM

TexasTerror
October 9th, 2011, 07:43 AM
A 3-1 (3-0 SLC) week for me...

Surprised that McNeese could not pull it off at home and was getting worried about my UCA pick, but they came on strong late...

blackfordpu
October 9th, 2011, 07:46 AM
3-1 this week.

Week 1: 8-0
Week 2: 6-0
Week 3: 7-0
Week 4: 2-3
Week 5: 3-2
Week 6: 3-1

28-6 overall

katstrapper
October 9th, 2011, 08:29 AM

Probably not.

I think it did matter. Kat D produced 4 ints, gave up only 251 yds passing. About the only positive I saw from SFA yesterday was that they held Flanders to only 42 yds rushing. Just couldnt stop Sincere.

Until next year!!