PDA

View Full Version : ANYBODY TRADE THERE FAN BASE FOR ANOTHER?

heath
September 29th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Mostly talking about game day attendance and experience.In Virginia, ODU and JMU are great game environments.Saw NDSU post about sold out game and just made me wonder.Always thought Montana and App. St looked like hard core places to play.

TheBisonator
September 29th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I don't understand what the thesis sentence of this post is.

gasoutherneagle
September 29th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I think he's saying that if you could trade your fanbase for someone elses, who would it be? Must be for the Georgetowns and Georgia States of the world.

UCMoc
September 29th, 2011, 07:44 PM
I wouldn't trade our entire fanbase, but we do have one guy we'd give you real cheap.

pike51
September 29th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't trade our entire fanbase, but we do have one guy we'd give you real cheap.

I highly doubt you could pay anyone enough to take that moron (although he fits right in with the GAyState crowd). I actually feel sorry that he decided to go with UTC... he makes the rest of you look like A$$holes.

Squealofthepig
September 29th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Well, as a Griz fan, wouldn't really trade it for anyone (though think App's fans are rather kindred spirits). However, I would trade fan bases with Notre Dame, just so the Griz get the NBC television contract.

bulldog10jw
September 29th, 2011, 08:23 PM
WHAT fan base? xconfusedx

UCMoc
September 29th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Well, as a Griz fan, wouldn't really trade it for anyone (though think App's fans are rather kindred spirits). However, I would trade fan bases with Notre Dame, just so the Griz get the NBC television contract.

I always looked forward to you guys playing in the championship games here because your fans were so great. (not to take anything from App's fans, we were just more used to them)

Smitty
September 29th, 2011, 08:26 PM

I've counted 3 people on this site that are WCU fans and I am okay with that...

pleahy1
September 29th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I highly doubt you could pay anyone enough to take that moron (although he fits right in with the GAyState crowd). I actually feel sorry that he decided to go with UTC... he makes the rest of you look like A$$holes.

The general consensus of the posts I've read on this site says that he's a UT fan anyways, so you don't really have to claim him (There's my required one positive thing to say about Chatty, won't happen again)

achrist70
September 29th, 2011, 09:04 PM
It does kind of frustrate me that people get up and leave when we are blowing people out.

chattanoogamocs
September 29th, 2011, 09:21 PM

Well, I don't think GSU fans are all assholes just because of that legal eagle guy (among others). I guess I am high functioning enough to separate one person from a group.

Professor Chaos
September 29th, 2011, 09:26 PM

I'd take him but you'd have to take two of ours... no questions asked.

TTUEagles
September 29th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Does that mean I'd have to trade myself for another fan base? How does that work?

bojeta
September 29th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Only the lower right hand student section. Always seems to be filled with freshman pukes with no class. The rest of the Poly crowd is incredible!!!

ngineer
September 29th, 2011, 09:53 PM

Right on...the IL and PL have no idea what you're talking about...

Cocky
September 29th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Howard

UNIFanSince1983
September 29th, 2011, 11:09 PM
I'd take him but you'd have to take two of ours... no questions asked.

Seems like a pretty fair trade...Chattownmocs for JBB and Lakes

Can you imagine if they all liked the same team? That is like a dream team of fanbases!

frozennorth
September 29th, 2011, 11:47 PM
I think just about anyone would be an improvement of UND's fan base. The students don't care, and the rest of the fanbase isn't really that great either.

Twentysix
September 29th, 2011, 11:49 PM
I think just about anyone would be an improvement of UND's fan base. The students don't care, and the rest of the fanbase isn't really that great either.

:(

I wouldn't trade our fan base. But I would combine super powers with montana state.

Apphole
September 30th, 2011, 12:00 AM
If Chattownmocs had been an App fan in 2007 he might have actually been spot on.

Mattymc727
September 30th, 2011, 12:02 AM
As small as it may be, not a soul

Squealofthepig
September 30th, 2011, 12:54 AM
I always looked forward to you guys playing in the championship games here because your fans were so great. (not to take anything from App's fans, we were just more used to them)

Thank you, and I did enjoy my trips to Chatty - I'm still sad the NC game got moved, as it was a great town to host it in.

Travelinneer
September 30th, 2011, 07:18 AM
I've counted 3 people on this site that are WCU fans and I am okay with that...

Are the 3 WCU fans by choice or were they forced into becoming a fan?

xthumbsupx

AppAlum2003
September 30th, 2011, 08:09 AM
*their

asumike83
September 30th, 2011, 08:15 AM

I know of a few "Fire Jerry Moore!" App fans over on the MMB that could be on the trading block. How does a 3 for 1 sound?

pike51
September 30th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Well, I don't think GSU fans are all assholes just because of that legal eagle guy (among others). I guess I am high functioning enough to separate one person from a group.

Problem is... his name and your name are similar enough that people may get you two confused. Let's not even begin to think about those who drink and post... sheesh. My point was, I know Chatty fans are ok and normal, but that guy ruins it for the rest of you. Opie (LGSE) did the same thing for us.

Smitty
September 30th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Are the 3 WCU fans by choice or were they forced into becoming a fan?

xthumbsupx

As bad as it has been you would think we are forced to cheer for WCU...

Walkon79
September 30th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't trade our fan base or game day atmosphere with anyone. Well maybe McNeese State, where they tailgate for DAYS!!

Terrierforlife
September 30th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Maybe our Terrier fans on gameday! xcoffeex Definitely a wine and cheese crowd for the most. But any other day, keep those donations coming!

Milktruck74
September 30th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I remember when we would joke about our games being sponsored by MCI..."Friends and Family Plan". I played in front of more fans at my 800 student high school than I did in college.

But, we had a few loyal folks out there through the lean years. Remember, Henry Davenport?????

I know there are many larger and "better" game day atmospheres, but based on where we are and where we were, I'll keep my Moc Fans...After all, they are OURS!!!!!

Skjellyfetti
September 30th, 2011, 06:35 PM
After all, they are OURS!!!!!

Until Tennessee is good again. ;)

DFW HOYA
September 30th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I think he's saying that if you could trade your fanbase for someone elses, who would it be? Must be for the Georgetowns and Georgia States of the world.

Maybe the only thread on this board ever which used the words "Georgetown" and "Georgia State" in the same sentence.

OK, playing along..I'd trade it for....Texas A&M.

"Now forming at the north end of the Multi-Sport Facility...the nationally famous...Fightin' Georgetown Hoya Band..Whoooop!"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/36/Aggie_Band.jpg

Milktruck74
September 30th, 2011, 08:18 PM

Not Me!!! Nothing SUCKS like the Big Orange. "Neyland Stadium looks like a garbage truck driver convention on Saturdays." I'm all BLUE AND GOLD!!!!!! Go Mocs!!!!

gasoutherneagle
September 30th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Maybe the only thread on this board ever which used the words "Georgetown" and "Georgia State" in the same sentence.

OK, playing along..I'd trade it for....Texas A&M.

"Now forming at the north end of the Multi-Sport Facility...the nationally famous...Fightin' Georgetown Hoya
Band..Whoooop!"

Lovin' it, man! Good show! One of the few on here that seems to speak "gasoutherneagle." No smack intended... most of the time.

+1

blueballs
October 1st, 2011, 06:54 AM
Following GSU I've been fortunate to meet lots of different fans during the years... IMO the top 10 I've met are McNeese, Montana, App, UNI, Furman, SDSU (even if they didn't know how to eat boiled shrimp), WKU, UD, W&M, FAMU.

Eaglesrus
October 1st, 2011, 09:16 AM

Problem is... his name and your name are similar enough that people may get you two confused. Let's not even begin to think about those who drink and post... sheesh. My point was, I know Chatty fans are ok and normal, but that guy ruins it for the rest of you. Opie (LGSE) did the same thing for us.

Yeah, just like everytime I see someone mention Legaleagle I'm like now wait a minute, then realize it said legal, no loyal. 'Course, for all l I know some may have the same feelings about me as they do about Legal.

UCMoc
October 1st, 2011, 10:24 AM

I'm not sure that most of the ones we are getting at the games are choosing between the two. Most of the "new fans" are people who don't really follow anybody or went to Chattanooga and have just started attending because there is something worth watching.

On the the other hand, I sat through many a cold, brutal ***-whooping at Chamberlain Field, so I wouldn't be anywhere else on Saturday.

UNIFanSince1983
October 1st, 2011, 10:50 AM
There are a lot of dual fans in FCS I think. I mean I only know first hand there are a lot of people who are either Iowa or Iowa State fans, but like the Panthers too. Personally, I am not one of them. I have been going to games since I was a month old, and now am an Alum of UNI. I love everything UNI, hate the Hawks with a passion, and am very indifferent towards the Cyclones (except when we play them).

I am sure there are many dual fans for numerous other FCS schools that aren't the flagship school of their state.

mtjack
October 2nd, 2011, 11:12 PM
NAU's students show up but the community and local yokels don't for football.

Vice versa for basketball.

The three...maybe four is a stretch... consistent NAU fans on internet chat boards/forums seem to represent themselves and their alma mater well. I wouldn't trade any of these individuals.

It would be nice to see an NAU crowd for football like MSU and UofM have or a Weber State like environment for basketball, though. I won't gripe much because it can always get worse.