PDA

View Full Version : It's a Brand New Day...

Lehigh Football Nation
September 27th, 2011, 01:14 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that it's a beautiful, fresh new day today, with no mistakes in it.

We're all alive, the trees are starting to change colors, and there's plenty of football in the air. Life is good; there are other times to worry about negativity.

We all should feel lighter than air. Life is meant to be enjoyed.

And it's a great day to be alive. Remember that.

God bless everyone.

xnodx

Smitty
September 27th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Bah Humbug...

Apphole
September 27th, 2011, 01:23 PM
I want some of that stuff you're smokin!

BisonBacker
September 27th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Very Nice Lehigh Football Nation. Right back at ya.

Go...gate
September 27th, 2011, 01:40 PM
You been watching Father Knows Best or something?

McNeese75
http://brucemhood.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/mr-rogers.gif

Go...gate
So when is Lehigh joining the Big Ten?

Lehigh Football Nation
September 27th, 2011, 01:44 PM
So when is Lehigh joining the Big Ten?

xlolx

Side Judge
September 27th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Double Rainbow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI&feature=rellist&playnext=1&list=PL94D1A07A7BDF5CD4

Bogus Megapardus
September 27th, 2011, 01:53 PM
I'm going to allow LFN to enjoy his high today, without dimwitty barbs, guy-wisery or sneery engineering.

Besides, I'm sure I'll be around for the flashbacks. xnutsx

RichH2
September 27th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I envy you the joy you have today, but I am a firm believer that tomorrow will be a better day at least for me and I hope for all of us.

heath
September 27th, 2011, 04:27 PM
must of got lucky and had a noonerxlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
September 27th, 2011, 04:46 PM

xlolx

boonegoon
September 27th, 2011, 04:53 PM

Don't we all do that? Oh, you mean with someone else.

Bogus Megapardus
September 27th, 2011, 04:56 PM
♫♫ Sky rockets in flight . . . Afternoon Delight! ♫♫

Ivytalk
September 27th, 2011, 05:04 PM
♫♫ Sky rockets in flight . . . Afternoon Delight! ♫♫

There you go again, Bogus, with that guy-wisery!xnonox

:D

Bogus Megapardus
September 27th, 2011, 05:51 PM
There you go again, Bogus, with that guy-wisery! xnonox

Awww, I'm not being a smart aleck. It's it's LFN! - everybody likes LFN (were it not for his regrettable college choice) and wants him to have lovely day! I hope he knows that; at least I think he does.

[The pink can of Tab immediately to the left actually is guy-wisery, but not everyone gets the joke.]

EDIT - raise your hand if you cannot now get that song out of your head. xsalutex

Big Al
September 27th, 2011, 07:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eplbDbp6XJQ

gasoutherneagle
September 27th, 2011, 07:32 PM
ALRIGHT... WHO LET THE DAMN DIRTY HIPPIE IN!?!?

"My advice to you is to do what your parents did. GET A JOB, SIR!"

HensRock
September 27th, 2011, 07:59 PM
So...Is Lafayette dropping football or moving to Div II?

Bogus Megapardus
September 27th, 2011, 09:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eplbDbp6XJQ

I forgot that they actually made a VH1 video of the song, too. Funny, and reps for pulling that one up. Now I'm imagining LFN as Ron Burgundy, festooned with press credentials, trying to argue his way into the Georgetown pressbox.

This might be a photoshop opportunity, I'm not sure . . . .

Lehigh Football Nation
September 27th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Awww, I'm not being a smart aleck. It's it's LFN! - everybody likes LFN (were it not for his regrettable college choice) and wants him to have lovely day! I hope he knows that; at least I think he does.

[The pink can of Tab immediately to the left actually is guy-wisery, but not everyone gets the joke.]

Why... why thanks Bogus!

Now, explain the fascination with Tab..... xlolx

Bogus Megapardus
September 28th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Now, explain the fascination with Tab..... xlolx

Oh, c'mon, LFN. I usually choose an avatar representing the mascot, nickname or peculiarity associated with Lafayette's upcoming opponent. This one should be easy for you, in particular! NDSU was various images from the movie "Fargo."* Georgetown was a TV camera with the Hoya Bulldog (I know you remember that one). Penn was the grumpy old Quaker mascot, then a piece of Toast. Stony Brook was a map of "Lawn Guyland."

And now a Can of Tab.

http://www2.cambridgema.gov/historic/images/city_seal_xsmall.jpg

*OK, I got carried away when I included in the rotation a picture of an actual Tan Ciera crashed into a light pole on 3rd Street in Easton. That was supposed to represent . . . oh, never mind.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 28th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Personally, I like the John Harvard statue with the Lafayette scarf... but hey, if you like Tab... xlolx

I definitely liked the Fargo references.

Bogus Megapardus
September 28th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Personally, I like the John Harvard statue with the Lafayette scarf... but hey, if you like Tab... xlolx

I definitely liked the Fargo references.

"Johnnie Harvard" is Harvard's official mascot - the "Johnnies" as some say. More informally, but rather widely, Harvard students and alums also are called "Cantabs." It comes from the word "Cantabrigian" which means "from Cambridge." The city seal of Cambridge, Massachusetts (in the post above) contains the word "Cantabrica," as in "The People's Republic of Cantabrica," a common slang name for Harvard.

If the Can-Tabs are going to climb Mount St. Frank this weekend, I figured I'd have a drink on them. In pink.

And now you know the rest of the story! xrolleyesx

Bam
September 28th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Serenity now!

GlassOnion
September 28th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that it's a beautiful, fresh new day today, with no mistakes in it.

We're all alive, the trees are starting to change colors, and there's plenty of football in the air. Life is good; there are other times to worry about negativity.

God bless everyone.

xnodx

Quaker?

Lehigh Football Nation
September 29th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Quaker?

No, but Lehigh's and Holy Cross' head coaches once were! *rimshot*

ngineer
September 29th, 2011, 01:04 PM
"Johnnie Harvard" is Harvard's official mascot - the "Johnnies" as some say. More informally, but rather widely, Harvard students and alums also are called "Cantabs." It comes from the word "Cantabrigian" which means "from Cambridge." The city seal of Cambridge, Massachusetts (in the post above) contains the word "Cantabrica," as in "The People's Republic of Cantabrica," a common slang name for Harvard.

If the Can-Tabs are going to climb Mount St. Frank this weekend, I figured I'd have a drink on them. In pink.

And now you know the rest of the story! xrolleyesx

And here I thought you were referring to the once powerful Leopards as "Tabbys"...(;-)

Bogus Megapardus
September 29th, 2011, 01:35 PM
And here I thought you were referring to the once powerful Leopards as "Tabbys"...(;-)

Never occurred to me, but that might work, too. But for present purposes, a Can of Tab seemed appropriate and not terribly derogatory.

Pard4Life
September 29th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Never occurred to me, but that might work, too. But for present purposes, a Can of Tab seemed appropriate and not terribly derogatory.

I thought it was in reference to the impeccable Patriot League leadership of our fearless chief, Kick the Can Dan.

Pard4Life
September 29th, 2011, 01:49 PM

God bless everyone.

xnodx

Uhhhhhhmmmmmm... the sun has been out maybe three days this month. It has been raining and humid everyday. Phillies lost eight in a row and are playing the Cards. It's going to get cold soon. The sun is dipping below the horizon faster everyday. Lehigh still can't defend the pass.

Were you converted by the Liberty fans?

And oh, see my signature picture below...

Bogus Megapardus
September 29th, 2011, 01:55 PM
I thought it was in reference to the impeccable Patriot League leadership of our fearless chief, Kick the Can Dan.

I got to him in the clothing catalog description. The "Lafayette University" designer scarf worn by Johnnie Harvard is by Danny KTC™

Danny KTC™ is the official designer of all Lafayette University and Patriot Conference apparel appearing now and again here and on the Lafayette Board.

Pard4Life
September 29th, 2011, 01:58 PM
That's something I'd expect from the Gtown president... DW is somewhat more competent.