PDA

View Full Version : SHSU Set for Spring Game

TexasTerror
April 20th, 2006, 03:29 PM
From Bearkat Athletics...the annual Orange and White Game is this coming weekend. Incumbent starter Philip Daugherty has the #1 offense with him consisting of standout WR Brian Christian. The other team is full of defensive standouts Tony Jones and Ed Jackson.

April 23, 2006

The teams have been selected and Sam Houston State head coach Todd Whitten and his staff are ready to complete 2006 spring training with the annual Orange-White game to be held Sunday at 2 p.m. at Bowers Stadium.

Phillip Daugherty and Jordan Reever will quarterback the Orange offense while Wade Pate and Brett Hicks will be calling signals for the White.

Andrew Audelin will be the top rusher and wide receivers Brian Christian, Michael Malone, Jake Lebens, and Brandon Perry will be the top passing targets for the White team. Anthony McDade and Desmond Mays will be the running backs and Austin Farrias, Vitan Moore, Justin Wells, and Skylar Allbritton will play at wide receiver for the Orange.

Defensive standouts for both squads include defensive backs Tony Jones and Billy Skinner and linemen Ed Jackson and Brandon Villanueva for the Orange and linebackers Ayo Akindona and D. D. Terry for the White.

"We've had an excellent spring and we're looking for a good spring game to complete spring work," Whitten said. "The players have shown a great work ethic and we've been able to get a lot accomplished. Last year at this time, the staff and I bascally were just trying to learn everyone's names. Now, after a year with these guys, we really have an idea of what everyone is capable of and have been much more productive."

http://bearkats.shsu.edu/football/orange_white.html

blackfordpu
April 20th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Lets hope TW can name starters after this game. No more of the switching QBs in and out. I am also anxious to see who ends up the starting RB. If Mays is as good as he is said to be, he will give AA a challenge.

TexasTerror
April 20th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Lets hope TW can name starters after this game. No more of the switching QBs in and out. I am also anxious to see who ends up the starting RB. If Mays is as good as he is said to be, he will give AA a challenge.

Well, Allen is reportedly out of this game with an injury. You figure he is in the equation. Daugherty is the starter right now considering the make-up of the teams (without Allen). Pate is #2.

Mays will get quality PT ahead of Audelin or behind...

blackfordpu
April 20th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Well, Allen is reportedly out of this game with an injury. You figure he is in the equation. Daugherty is the starter right now considering the make-up of the teams (without Allen). Pate is #2.

Mays will get quality PT ahead of Audelin or behind...

Any word on the progression of Christian and Malone?

TexasTerror
April 20th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Any word on the progression of Christian and Malone?

Not a clue, but I Christian has cemented himself on the first-team offense alongside Malone thus far (from looking at the teams). Hopefully we'll see production from both...

April 21st, 2006, 12:48 AM
front page news...

TexasTerror
April 21st, 2006, 07:05 AM
front page news...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1549&stc=1&d=1145598503

Loving it Ralph! Been waiting for the Kats to get some front-page I-AA.org love! :hurray:

You didn't post the article though! :nono:

blackfordpu
April 21st, 2006, 09:28 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1549&stc=1&d=1145598503

Loving it Ralph! Been waiting for the Kats to get some front-page I-AA.org love! :hurray:

You didn't post the article though! :nono:

There isn't one. xidiotx

TexasTerror
April 22nd, 2006, 06:49 AM
There isn't one. xidiotx

What's this?

--------

The teams have been selected and Sam Houston State head coach Todd Whitten and his staff are ready to complete 2006 spring training with the annual Orange-White game to be held Sunday at 2 p.m. at Bowers Stadium.

Phillip Daugherty and Jordan Reever will quarterback the Orange offense while Wade Pate and Brett Hicks will be calling signals for the White.

Andrew Audelin will be the top rusher and wide receivers Brian Christian, Michael Malone, Jake Lebens, and Brandon Perry will be the top passing targets for the White team. Anthony McDade and Desmond Mays will be the running backs and Austin Farrias, Vitan Moore, Justin Wells, and Skylar Allbritton will play at wide receiver for the Orange.

Defensive standouts for both squads include defensive backs Tony Jones and Billy Skinner and linemen Ed Jackson and Brandon Villanueva for the Orange and linebackers Ayo Akindona and D. D. Terry for the White.

"We've had an excellent spring and we're looking for a good spring game to complete spring work," Whitten said. "The players have shown a great work ethic and we've been able to get a lot accomplished. Last year at this time, the staff and I bascally were just trying to learn everyone's names. Now, after a year with these guys, we really have an idea of what everyone is capable of and have been much more productive."

And I'm sure the Item will run one on Sunday morning too, hopefully...

blackfordpu
April 22nd, 2006, 08:48 AM
What's this?

--------

And I'm sure the Item will run one on Sunday morning too, hopefully...

I could not find it. The pic wasn't a link. Where is it on the page? Am I just blind? :o

TexasTerror
April 22nd, 2006, 09:29 AM
I could not find it. The pic wasn't a link. Where is it on the page? Am I just blind? :o

It's on the Bearkat Athletic web site, under the football picture where it talks about the Orange and White game climaxing spring practice...

I was eluding to the fact Ralph did not post it on I-AA.org...