PDA

View Full Version : Southland Stat - SHSU D1 Wins = SLC D1 Wins

TexasTerror
September 25th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Outside of Sam Houston State -

The remainder of the Southland Conference schools have won three total games against Division I opponents, of which two of those are conference games. SHSU alone has won three games against Division I opposition, of which one was a conference game.

SLC minus SHSU Division I Wins (Conference + Out of Conference): 3
SHSU Division I Wins (Conference + Out of Conference): 3

SLC minus SHSU Division I Wins (Out of Conference): 1
SHSU Division I Wins (Out of Conference): 2

The lucky ones...

McNeese defeated Southeastern
Northwestern State defeated Nicholls
Southeastern defeated Savannah State

If I missed a game, please let me know...

Catatonic
September 25th, 2011, 08:16 PM

The remainder of the Southland Conference schools have won three total games against Division I opponents, of which two of those are conference games. SHSU alone has won three games against Division I opposition, of which one was a conference game.

The lucky ones...

y'all hastened the demise of the UNM Coach. He was fired this afternoon.

http://www.lcsun-news.com/las_cruces-sports/ci_18973803

LouiseBFree
September 25th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Let's just go ahead and give the SLC trophy to the Bearkats. No need to play any other games. It's obvious that no one else is worthy. xrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesx

The lucky ones...

blackfordpu
September 25th, 2011, 08:27 PM
As unbiased as Terror usually is I have to believe that he would post this stat no matter who the team was.

Is SHSU the only team in the SLC this season that didn't schedule a DII or lower team?

lionsrking2
September 25th, 2011, 09:10 PM
win this season was against Savannah State

Who happened to defeat NC Central yesterday, who lost to Elon by a one point ... they also gave App State a better game than they gave us.

DG Cowboy
September 25th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Credit given where credit is due, so nice win for the BearKats.

LIONFAN07
September 25th, 2011, 09:29 PM

The lucky ones...

Well have them bring the conference trophy to Huntsville tomorrow and the rest of us can play for the NOT SAM trophy. We are all obviously inferior to you guys.xthumbsupx

blackfordpu
September 25th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Well have them bring the conference trophy to Huntsville tomorrow and the rest of us can play for the NOT SAM trophy. We are all obviously inferior to you guys.xthumbsupx

xrolleyesxxrolleyesx

TheRevSFA
September 25th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Let's just move Sam to the WAC.

McNeese75
September 25th, 2011, 10:05 PM

The lucky ones...

xrolleyesx

WTH is this post supposed to mean? May be the dumbest one you have ever thrown up.

Most of the other SLC schools that have lost a D1 game actually played a real FBS school (or more). Congrats on the win yesterday but it wasn't all that.

Dallas Demon
September 25th, 2011, 11:41 PM
xrolleyesx

WTH is this post supposed to mean? May be the dumbest one you have ever thrown up.

Most of the other SLC schools that have lost a D1 game actually played a real FBS school (or more). Congrats on the win yesterday but it wasn't all that.

Yes, WTF? We were too busy playing LSU and SMU, with last year's Division II National Runner-up Delta State as our other win besides Nicholls St. Let's see where everyone stands well into conference play before boasting. xchinscratchx

blackfordpu
September 26th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Let's just move Sam to the WAC.

NO, PLEASE NO!xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxprayxxprayx

TexasTerror
September 26th, 2011, 06:21 AM
I am not boasting... just thought it was an interesting stat at this point. You guys know I am a 'stat hound' and if there was a similar stat the other way around, it would have been posted.

It probably speaks more to the amount of FBS and non-Division I games played by SLC institutions at the early part of the season. That's a pet peeve of mine, but without TXST in the league anymore - it is only bound to get worse.

By the way - I am the only individual involved in the KatFans.com Power Rankings that did not Sam Houston State at the No. 1 position. In fact, I voted for McNeese.

McNeese75
September 26th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I am not boasting... just thought it was an interesting stat at this point. You guys know I am a 'stat hound' and if there was a similar stat the other way around, it would have been posted.

It probably speaks more to the amount of FBS and non-Division I games played by SLC institutions at the early part of the season. That's a pet peeve of mine, but without TXST in the league anymore - it is only bound to get worse.

By the way - I am the only individual involved in the KatFans.com Power Rankings that did not Sam Houston State at the No. 1 position. In fact, I voted for McNeese.

Stats are fine, sometime your presentation skills are lacking xlolx

jhanel
September 26th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Its meant, exactly as it was taken, and we all know it. Looking forward to a GREAT SLC SEASON!!!

WileECoyote06
September 26th, 2011, 11:08 AM

I think it is an interesting stat. Yet the SLC is the 6th rated FCS conference according to both the Massey and the Sagarin ratings.

FormerPokeCenter
September 26th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Stats are fine, sometime your presentation skills are lacking xlolx

Sometimes?

FormerPokeCenter
September 26th, 2011, 11:10 AM

Please....this post is like most of your other ones, pure flame-baiting....

Describing all of the SLC teams who got wins (other than Sam) as "the lucky ones"???

So, when Sam wins, it's skill, but when the rest of us do it, it's luck?

Gimme a break.

TheRevSFA
September 26th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Here is what that shows to me - Sam had a very weak early schedule.

Their OOC games are a down WIU team and the worst team in FBS - UNM..along with Texas State and UTSA

McNeese played Kansas, NSULA played SMU and LSU, UCA played La Tech (and almost won) SFA played Baylor...

Sam is a good team..I am not taking anything away from them..but they let UNM put 45 up on their vaulted defense, and they've yet to play against a solid defensive team.

kingkat99
September 26th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Now see its crap like this that makes it tough for those of us that actually go to away games or games period to be taken seriously and why the Mcneese's and SFA's of the world never give SH any credit...xrolleyesx

TheRevSFA
September 26th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Now see its crap like this that makes it tough for those of us that actually go to away games or games period to be taken seriously and why the Mcneese's and SFA's of the world never give SH any credit...xrolleyesx

KK if I didn't give y'all credit you wouldn't be in my top 25.

McNeese75
September 26th, 2011, 01:28 PM
SHSU was in my top 25 as well (ahead of McNeese for the time being)

msupokes1
September 26th, 2011, 03:02 PM
I take SHSU very seriously. They are at number 10 in my poll. Quite a few spots ahead of where I have McNeese.

TexasTerror
September 26th, 2011, 03:51 PM
I guess I feel a bit self-conscious about SHSU... have them lower ranked than most of you guys from around the SLC... and as noted before, behind McNeese in the SLC Power Rankings.

katstrapper
September 26th, 2011, 03:56 PM
xrolleyesx

'75

I agree with you... what was the point of this thread? Sometimes I shake my head.. Never attends a SHSU game, yet is the first to post all the SHSU stats that can be found... give me a break...

UNM is probably thanking SHSU for getting Locksley run out of town. The guy was terrible on and OFF the field.

LIONFAN07
September 26th, 2011, 04:09 PM
I really think Sam is a top ten team. But I find no reason to put up that stat. I think if alot of teams in the SLC played your schedule they would have had the same success as well. Try playing USM or Tulane as Southeastern did.

GeauxLions94
September 26th, 2011, 04:44 PM
'75

I agree with you... what was the point of this thread? Sometimes I shake my head.. Never attends a SHSU game, yet is the first to post all the SHSU stats that can be found... give me a break...

UNM is probably thanking SHSU for getting Locksley run out of town. The guy was terrible on and OFF the field.

They're probably having Sam Houston Day in Albuquerque today. Locksley was 2-26 in his tenure at UNM with both wins coming at the end of the season. Congrats on the win Bearkats, made a big jump in my weekly poll (had you in 20-25 range since win over Western Illinois before moving up after win over UCA) ... glad to admit I was wr..wrrrr..wrrrrrrr.

crossfire07
September 26th, 2011, 07:26 PM
'75

I hate to bust your bubble but Sam beating New Mexico did not really have a damn thing to do with him getting fired. Go read the news reports and find out why he got fired.

katstrapper
September 26th, 2011, 09:42 PM
I hate to bust your bubble but Sam beating New Mexico did not really have a damn thing to do with him getting fired. Go read the news reports and find out why he got fired.

It was just the final nail in the coffin. He had MANY off the field issues besides having a 2-26 record.

GeauxLions94
September 27th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Locksley Out At New Mexico (http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/25/report-mike-locksley-out-at-new-mexico/)

Posted by Ben Kercheval on September 25, 2011, 6:52 PM EDT

Now, there’s another bizarre incident that appears to have pushed New Mexico’s administration to their limit. A source close to the situation has informed CBSSports‘ Dennis Dodd that UNM has fired Locksley after four games into his third season. The university later confirmed the dismissal.

The Lobos’ record by itself is worthy of termination — UNM is 2-26 under Locksley and was 0-4 to start this season — but in what capacity Locksley was involved in the following “borrowed car” story is a perplexing cherry on top of what has been a dismal few years for UNM football.

or how about this nugget

To top the whole thing off, New Mexico actually lost to 1-AA opponent Sam Houston State yesterday — the game Butts was supposedly driving to see.

Was the loss the final nail in the coffin? Maybe, considering this was his best - and last chance - at getting a win in the month of September since taking over as UNM coach .... but then again, maybe not due to the most recent off-the-field stuff.

crossfire07
September 27th, 2011, 05:16 AM
I think this was the final nail. They were already used to losing. Everybody and their sister beat these guys.

" criticism after police arrested a man on suspicion of driving while intoxicated in an SUV registered to Locksley's wife."

That happened this weekend.

kingkat99
September 27th, 2011, 08:16 AM
I think that his off-field issue Saturday had a lot to do with the timing of his dismissal and was probably the final nail, but if you dont think that his loss to Sam Houston didnt have anything to do with it I would have to say youre in denial...and Im not saying that because it was Sam that beat him, it could have been Mcneese or SELA or NWST or anyone.

blackfordpu
September 27th, 2011, 12:50 PM
'75

KS, he lives in Louisiana. I think his absence at the games is forgiveable.

McNeese75
September 27th, 2011, 01:39 PM
KS, he lives in Louisiana. I think his absence at the games is forgiveable.

A 5-6 hour drive for home games would not deter a real fan :D Then a share of 5 others are closer than Huntsville.

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2011, 07:51 PM
A 5-6 hour drive for home games would not deter a real fan :D Then a share of 5 others are closer than Huntsville.

75 -

Strapper knows the work that I do directly conflicts with football games.

On the up and up, I attend the Southeastern Louisiana game bi-annually and will be making the trek this year... wife is tough to sway to get to Nicholls and more times than not, I am working at things that directly conflict with football games. Makes it tough even for those few hour drives to Lake Chuck or to grab meat pies at N'western State (someone needs to bring me some of those things!).

The SLU game for instance will be on a day where I am coming from work, grabbing the wife on the way and then heading to Strawberry Stadium. Very thankful the times worked out and SLU is playing at 7 instead of 4 or something. Got to spend some time with Kooter & Leroy pre-game!

And of course, I can claim that I have been to both NCAA basketball regionals featuring the Bearkats at the D1 level. ;)

crossfire07
September 27th, 2011, 08:58 PM

I spend 6 hours traveling one way to every home game. I add an hour going to get the grandkids and bringing them home.Will be more than that to Northwestern this weekend. I can't sit home and say I SHOULD HAVE GONE :)

McNeese75
September 27th, 2011, 09:24 PM
75 -

Strapper knows the work that I do directly conflicts with football games.

On the up and up, I attend the Southeastern Louisiana game bi-annually and will be making the trek this year... wife is tough to sway to get to Nicholls and more times than not, I am working at things that directly conflict with football games. Makes it tough even for those few hour drives to Lake Chuck or to grab meat pies at N'western State (someone needs to bring me some of those things!).

The SLU game for instance will be on a day where I am coming from work, grabbing the wife on the way and then heading to Strawberry Stadium. Very thankful the times worked out and SLU is playing at 7 instead of 4 or something. Got to spend some time with Kooter & Leroy pre-game!

And of course, I can claim that I have been to both NCAA basketball regionals featuring the Bearkats at the D1 level. ;)

:D Come on TT, you know I am yankin your chain.

alvinkayak6
September 28th, 2011, 04:04 AM
If New Mexico wins any games, it is a good win. Lobos suck, though for D-I MWC mountain west conference.

Lobo highlights from 2011:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzfG__ETIik