PDA

View Full Version : Louis Irizarry? I-AA's [PCG] Best?

FlyYtown
April 20th, 2006, 09:25 AM
http://www.ysu.edu/sports/football/bios/headshots05/irizarry.jpg

Yes, he went to OSU, got into trouble with the law, and decided to walk on at YSU. Coach Heacock gave him a series of tough restrictions and things he must do, so far he has been a big team player and has done everything with heart.

He was ranked #3 Tight End in 2003 by Rivals.COM. He was said to be the best tight end out of the mid-west in 40 years said some on Rivals.COM.
He played 8 games as a true freshmen in 2003 for OSU, including the Fiesta Bowl vs. Kansas St... Louis played in the US Army All-American Bowl. He was first team All Ohio. Best thing is he does have some brains if he uses them as he was a member of National Honors Society.

One of the latest YSU updates from the Ytown Vindicator said this: One of those possible replacements is 6-foot-5, 250-pound tight end Louis Irizarry, a former Ursuline High standout who was originally recruited by Ohio State.
Irizarry could be a great weapon for the Penguins this season because despite his size, he runs like a wideout, leaps like a defensive back and has great hands.
In Friday's scrimmage he made two catches that had the coaches drooling.
Both were over the middle where he had to go up high and make the grab, well over top of the defensive back.
Defensive coordinator and secondary coach Mike Kolakowski was impressed by Irizarry.
"He's going to make our secondary so much better, because they are not going to see a better receiver this year from our opponents," Kolakowski said.

Umass74
April 20th, 2006, 09:42 AM
A story about his troubles at Ohio State is here:http://www.centralohio.com/ohiostate/stories/20040506/football/367097.html

FlyYtown
April 20th, 2006, 10:14 AM
UMass74, you just had to post it. I said he got into trouble there. He got in a fight over a girl and it continued to a robbery.

Heacock has straightened this kid out, he put tough restrictions on him, such as grades and outside life, and so far he is following them without bitching about it.

Umass, go post the troubles about YSU TB Marcus Mason who got U. of Illinois on probation last year. You hear him getting in trouble now? No.

Umass74
April 20th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Uh,Fly:

No offense intended. If you post about a transfer, most people would wonder what happened.

When I blogged about a transfer from UConn to UMass (LB Anthony Rouzier) on my Minuteman Blog (http://umass74.blogspot.com/), I included a link to a story about him being dismissed from his former team. So I didn't single out YSU.

SunCoastBlueHen
April 20th, 2006, 12:19 PM
:flagged: 15 yd penalty on FlyYtown for over-sensitivity.

FlyYtown
April 20th, 2006, 04:14 PM
LOL, well seems like a lotta people like to go off on the Guins.. I wonder why?!

SunCoastBlueHen
April 20th, 2006, 06:35 PM
LOL, well seems like a lotta people like to go off on the Guins.. I wonder why?!

I don't know, but I would love to see the Hens play them again in the near future. :nod:

blur2005
April 20th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Typical overreacting by Penguin fans. I'm sure someone would've asked what he did, so posting what happened was an appropriate thing to do.

GoGuins
April 21st, 2006, 09:28 AM
No doubt Irizarry will be a force. He will create mismatches with LB's and DB's. His speed is that of a WR and you will see him split out quite a bit.

Hopefully he put his troubles behind him and is working hard in the classroom and field.

In high school he was Josh Swogger's (Montana QB) favorite target at Ursuline HS, just a couple blocks from YSU.

FlyYtown
April 21st, 2006, 02:19 PM
No doubt Irizarry will be a force. He will create mismatches with LB's and DB's. His speed is that of a WR and you will see him split out quite a bit.

Hopefully he put his troubles behind him and is working hard in the classroom and field.

In high school he was Josh Swogger's (Montana QB) favorite target at Ursuline HS, just a couple blocks from YSU.

Don't forget the won the title in 2000 together and Ursuline's home field is Stambaugh Stadium...