PDA

View Full Version : GSU football basks in limelight

MACHIAVELLI
April 20th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Representatives from ESPN and the NFL Network both worked throughout the day on separate features devoted to GSU's football program.

ESPN set up in Jacob Stewart Hall to conduct interviews for "Honor Roll," a series dedicated to Top 10 rankings in college sports. Grambling's former Coach Eddie Robinson will be included in a program on football coaches, while the annual Bayou Classic between Grambling and Southern will be featured in a show about rivalries.

ESPN producer Chip Reeves met with GSU Coach Melvin Spears, university President Horace Judson and others in the third-floor conference room, talking about Robinson's legacy and how that continues to play out in the team's annual grudge-match game against Southern University.

Meanwhile, the NFL Network unit filmed in and around Robinson Stadium, collecting footage for a segment devoted to former GSU quarterback Bruce Eugene that will air during the network's broadcast of this month's pro football draft.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/2...04200318/1006/SPORTS

gsugt1
April 20th, 2006, 08:39 AM
I though this was about Georgia Southern :nono: :rolleyes:

April 20th, 2006, 09:39 AM
http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/2...04200318/1006/SPORTSExciting times for GSU! Can GTV be far behind??? :) ;) :hurray:

Cocky
April 20th, 2006, 10:14 AM
I though this was about Georgia Southern :nono: :rolleyes:

Me too.

TexasTerror
April 20th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Ralph, notice the "cheap plug" for AGS in Deriso's sidebar?

"That's the true measure of a college rivalry: If anybody can win on any given Saturday."

Props to Deriso for dropping that one, whether it was direct or not! :)

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060420/NEWS01/604200318/1006/SPORTS

April 20th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Me too.Why did you think it was about GaSU? :confused: ;)

jstate83
April 20th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Why did you think it was about GaSU? :confused: ;)

SWAC/GRAM SWIPE................:rolleyes:
They can't help themselves...............xlolx

They know MACH ain't from GEORGIA Southern.:nonono2:

eagleskins
April 20th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Georgia Southern is GSU. Grambling is Grambling.

April 20th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Grambling State University is always GSU to me. Georgia Southern University is always GaSU to me. GSU was around I-AA first and in the playoffs first too. No doubt who has had more playoff success though!

Catmendue2
April 20th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Grambling State University is always GSU to me. Georgia Southern University is always GaSU to me. GSU was around I-AA first and in the playoffs first too. No doubt who has had more playoff success though!

Thank you! Finally the truth come to light.
:hurray:

grizband
April 20th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Granted, I have only been following I-AA football since about the 1999 or 2000, but when I think of GSU, I automatically equate that with Georgia Southern.

TexasTerror
April 20th, 2006, 06:11 PM
When I think of GSU, I think of Georgia Southern...

I'm so used to seeing Machiavelli use ICON in all his thread titles, a bit confusing to see him change it up. Machiavelli, if you were in public relations, they'd tell you "one voice, one message"...so be consistent! :)

SU Jag
April 20th, 2006, 06:16 PM

Grambling is GSU, I thought you knew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.easports.com/games/ncaa2005/hbcu.jsp?movie_id=grambling&res=hi

Catmendue2
April 20th, 2006, 06:21 PM

I'm so used to seeing Machiavelli use ICON in all his thread titles, a bit confusing to see him change it up. Machiavelli, if you were in public relations, they'd tell you "one voice, one message"...so be consistent! :)

Well guess what, you been wrong once again. We all know what you think and why you think it.

gram4life
April 20th, 2006, 06:26 PM

LOL, well I knew you would say that, but the you don't have to lie to kick. SMH.

Tod
April 20th, 2006, 06:48 PM
They are both GSU, just like McNeese, Montana State, Missouri State are all MSU. For the sake of clarity, I don't know why Grambling can't be referred to as Grambling. Practically everybody on this board thought it was about Georgia Southern.

ButlerGSU
April 20th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Why did you think it was about GaSU? :confused: ;)

You gotta stop with all this GaSU stuff if you want back in the good graces of GSU fans. :rotateh:

TexasTerror
April 20th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Well guess what, you been wrong once again. We all know what you think and why you think it.

And why is that? xcoffeex

Is it not true that Machiavelli always posts ICON when describing Grambling?

Is it not true that you should be consistent in what you call a school in order to develop "top of mind awareness"? You should check out Reis and Trout. They wrote a book called, "Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind" which describes being consistent in order to strike a chord with those your reaching out to...

SU Jag
April 20th, 2006, 08:18 PM
: smh : : smh : : smh : Does it matter?: smh : : smh : : smh :

April 20th, 2006, 08:27 PM
You gotta stop with all this GaSU stuff if you want back in the good graces of GSU fans. :rotateh::lmao:
I already am in the good graces of GSU and GaSU folk that matter. :nod:

What's wrong with GaSU anyway? SU Jag is right, doesn't really matter and I use Grambling and Georgia Southern more anyway.

Tod
April 20th, 2006, 09:28 PM
:lmao:
I already am in the good graces of GSU and GaSU folk that matter. :nod:

What's wrong with GaSU anyway? SU Jag is right, doesn't really matter and I use Grambling and Georgia Southern more anyway.

How about this?

McSU - McNeese
MtSU - Montana State
MoSU - Missouri State

Why not? Because it's silly and wrong. Why single out GSU...sorry, Georgia Southern, to have that post office letter?

Call Grambling Grambling or Grambling State or call both of them GSU and live with the confusion, but I don't think it's appropriate to put that a in there if that's not how they refer to themselves.

TexasTerror
April 20th, 2006, 09:32 PM
TSU - Texas State -San Marcos, Texas Southern, Tennessee St, potential future I-AA member Tarleton St

GAD
April 20th, 2006, 09:53 PM
People on this board get into fights over more dumb sh!+:(

nickderiso
April 21st, 2006, 12:26 AM

Indeed.

This thread title is from the headline on the story (http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060420/NEWS01/604200318/1006/SPORTS).

Tribe4SF
April 21st, 2006, 06:24 AM

Agreed. Plus, everyone knows that GSU refers to Glenville State.

ButlerGSU
April 21st, 2006, 08:00 AM
How about this?

McSU - McNeese
MtSU - Montana State
MoSU - Missouri State

Why not? Because it's silly and wrong. Why single out GSU...sorry, Georgia Southern, to have that post office letter?

Call Grambling Grambling or Grambling State or call both of them GSU and live with the confusion, but I don't think it's appropriate to put that a in there if that's not how they refer to themselves.

Thank you Todd.

gsuwinsudont
April 21st, 2006, 08:26 AM
Thank you Todd.

B4 games next year we will be ditching the GSU scramble in favor of the GaSU scramble...:rolleyes:

Last i heard there was not a law a against schools being referred by the same initials so ill keep will calling my school GSU thank you.

Kill'em
April 21st, 2006, 08:36 AM
It's the offseason. We're bored.

Kill'em
April 21st, 2006, 08:39 AM
Oh yeah, for those who call us anal for referring to us as "Georgia Southern," this is a big reason why. Hell, we're not the only GSU in the state of Georgia. We've earned the right to be called "Georgia Southern."

Personally, I've always known Grambling to be, well, "Grambling."

bandl
April 21st, 2006, 08:40 AM
B4 games next year we will be ditching the GSU scramble in favor of the GaSU scramble...:rolleyes:

Last i heard there was not a law a against schools being referred by the same initials so ill keep will calling my school GSU thank you.

I am going to assume that you are referring to Georgia Southern?? I've never seen one of your posts before, so I really have no idea. Other AGSers on this board who support either Georgia Southern (ButlerGSU) or Grambling (Mac) generally have school avatar's to distinguish this. Or if you stick around long enough, I'll eventually figure it out! I don't use a school avatar, but most AGSers know the school I support. :nod:

I personally don't understand what all the fuss is about :confused: ...everyone here knows that Mach almost always posts articles about Grambling. I wouldn't know half as much as I think I do about Grambling if it wasn't for Mach. I erred once in the past by clicking on a thread that said 'GSU', thinking it was about Georgia Southern...then I noticed it was posted by Mach...no harm, no foul.

soweagle
April 21st, 2006, 09:10 AM
All that matters is that they get it right in the record books when they list the national champions. I'm pretty sure it says Georgia Southern and not GSU. Other than that I could care less if both schools use GSU but I refuse to use the GaSU. I only know of one person that uses GaSU.

April 21st, 2006, 10:26 AM
All that matters is that they get it right in the record books when they list the national champions. I'm pretty sure it says Georgia Southern and not GSU. Other than that I could care less if both schools use GSU but I refuse to use the GaSU. I only know of one person that uses GaSU.I must have learned it from that person then so there's more than one. If people at Georgia Southern don't like it and think it is derogatory I won't use it. Simple. I did not think that was the case and used it only when distinguishing acronyms to avoid confusion. The folks at Illinois State and Indiana State use ILS and INS to distinguish themselves for example and they don't think it's derogatory... oh well.

Congrats to Grambling on the limelight!

TexasTerror
April 21st, 2006, 10:29 AM
The folks at Illinois State and Indiana State use ILS and INS to distinguish themselves for example and they don't think it's derogatory... oh well.

The Gateway Conference actually publishes in their media guide a list of acceptable acronyms for their universities...

ButlerGSU
April 21st, 2006, 10:34 AM
I won't use it.

Thanks Ralph.

soweagle
April 21st, 2006, 02:58 PM
I must have learned it from that person then so there's more than one. If people at Georgia Southern don't like it and think it is derogatory I won't use it. Simple. I did not think that was the case and used it only when distinguishing acronyms to avoid confusion. The folks at Illinois State and Indiana State use ILS and INS to distinguish themselves for example and they don't think it's derogatory... oh well.

Congrats to Grambling on the limelight!

I don't take it as deragatory, I just don't like that particular acronym. It takes a lot more than that for me to be offended. If you like it have at it.

blukeys
April 21st, 2006, 09:07 PM
In the 60's when old timers like me paid attention to this stuff and Grambling and Morgan State were packing them in big city venues then GSU might have meant Grambling (although in my mind Grambling meant Grambling and no abbreviation was required or offered)

Since the early 80's GSU in I-AA football has meant Georgia Southern first and foremost. I say this with no disrespect to Grambling. If one says Grambling most football fans should know what we are talking about. But GSU is the most successful program in the I-AA playoff system. To ignore this is pure stupidity The Six National Championships of Georgia Southern were won on the field and no one can contrest this. To me GSU means the Eagles and not Tigers.!!!!!!!:nod: :nod:

mikebigg
April 21st, 2006, 10:58 PM
In the 60's when old timers like me paid attention to this stuff and Grambling and Morgan State were packing them in big city venues then GSU might have meant Grambling (although in my mind Grambling meant Grambling and no abbreviation was required or offered)

Since the early 80's GSU in I-AA football has meant Georgia Southern first and foremost. I say this with no disrespect to Grambling. If one says Grambling most football fans should know what we are talking about. But GSU is the most successful program in the I-AA playoff system. To ignore this is pure stupidity The Six National Championships of Georgia Southern were won on the field and no one can contrest this. To me GSU means the Eagles and not Tigers.!!!!!!!:nod: :nod:

It would be limited on my part to claim GSU as being only Grambling...Georgia Southern definitely has a right to be referred to as GSU...it's their initials too. Grambling is referred to by so many names (most good) that immediately identifies us. "The GMen", "Gram", "Big G", "GSU", and recently "The Icon" are the most oft heard.

I tell you one thing, whatever we're called, we are definitely always in some discussion... Hey, good PR I guess!!!!:hurray:

DaBears
April 21st, 2006, 11:24 PM
I'm glad I'm not from a school that has the same abbreviation as another school.

ButlerGSU
April 21st, 2006, 11:26 PM

Thank you Blukeys, I hope we can have a GSU/UD home and away soon instead of all these trips to SDSU.

MACHIAVELLI
April 21st, 2006, 11:45 PM
Since the early 80's GSU in I-AA football has meant Georgia Southern first and foremost. But GSU is the most successful program in the I-AA playoff system.

pure stupidity

I agree

bluedog
April 22nd, 2006, 04:12 AM
See Mach all your backdoor sucking up and they still don't respect ya!

xcoffeex :nonono2:

Laserlips
April 22nd, 2006, 08:21 AM
When you are discussing 1AA football I think most fans think of GSU as Georgia Southern University..

When you are discussing bands, I think most 1AA fans think of GSU as, well, not Georgia Southern University.

When you are discussing schools with great bands, who also have a football team you should morph GSU into GRAMBLING....

Because it's the truth.

:twocents:

JP

gram4life
April 22nd, 2006, 12:38 PM
When you are discussing 1AA football I think most fans think of GSU as Georgia Southern University..

When you are discussing bands, I think most 1AA fans think of GSU as, well, not Georgia Southern University.

When you are discussing schools with great bands, who also have a football team you should morph GSU into GRAMBLING....

Because it's the truth.

JP

LOL xidiotx

jstate83
April 22nd, 2006, 02:49 PM

Because it's the truth.

JP

You got to be kidding.......................xlolx xlolx

April 22nd, 2006, 05:12 PM
It's probably true if it's just about I-AA. Georgia Southern has by far the most illustrious I-AA history.

nlwwln
April 22nd, 2006, 06:45 PM
plain and simple :nod:

Tod
April 22nd, 2006, 07:06 PM

Practically everyone who has posted on this thread said they thought it was about Georgia Southern. Is there better proof than that?

April 22nd, 2006, 09:06 PM
Okay, can we stop the acronym pissing match now? Georgia Southern has the better I-AA history but Grambling is a more historic college football team.

Grambling is the topic here and in the limelight now... (I know I posted on the acronym part but really...)

Tod
April 22nd, 2006, 09:10 PM
Okay, can we stop the acronym pissing match now? Georgia Southern has the better I-AA history but Grambling is a more historic college football team.

Grambling is the topic here and in the limelight now... (I know I posted on the acronym part but really...)

You're absolutely right. :o :o :o

Congrats to Grambling. But I have to be honest, I hadn't read the link, and now it's not working. :o :o :o

April 22nd, 2006, 09:21 PM
...I hadn't read the link, and now it's not working. :o :o :oThat's one reason I became an archivist. :nod:
http://anygivensaturday.com/ralphblog/article.php?story=20060421005732313

Tod
April 22nd, 2006, 10:52 PM
That's one reason I became an archivist. :nod:
http://anygivensaturday.com/ralphblog/article.php?story=20060421005732313

Outstanding! And I hate to admit it, but I didn't know Robinson coached Grambling for 57 years!!! My apologies to everybody for that, especially GSU fans! :bow: :bow: :bow:

April 22nd, 2006, 11:06 PM
If you listen to the opening music to "The Legendary Coaches of I-AA" you'll hear the second coach voice clip (the first is Coach Kidd) tell his team "first time that ball is snapped you gotta knock hell outta him and let him know one thing, that boy you are going to be in trouble this evening." That's Coach Rob.

http://www.i-aa.org/stats/audio/theme1.mp3

April 22nd, 2006, 11:52 PM
oh yeah, that's Erk in the #3 voice clip... Tressel to be added in the next few days.

MACHIAVELLI
April 23rd, 2006, 12:27 AM

Because it's the truth.

JP

Originally Posted by blukeys
pure stupidity

pure stupidity

MACHIAVELLI
April 23rd, 2006, 12:28 AM

pure stupidity

Laserlips
April 23rd, 2006, 09:12 AM
I think for the great majority of 1AA football fans the simple fact is that Grambling is best recognized when called Grambling..

Georgia Southern University is best recognized as GSU.

It's not a matter of belittling either school it's just the way it is.

And this is just MY personal opinion which is no more or less true than any others...

Perhaps Ralph could run a poll just for the fun of it to see whether GSU is recognized by more 1AA fans, posting here as being Grambling or Georgia Southern?

JP

April 23rd, 2006, 10:19 AM
:argue:

mikebigg
April 23rd, 2006, 11:21 AM
:argue:

lmao @ Ralph... A quote from Shakespeare comes to mind "Much Ado about nothing". Just let me say this... Most of the people I know and discuss football with considers Grambling to be GSU. To others, they probably think of it as being Georgia Southern. To each his own...

I will say this... if you want a lengthy (and oft times rambling thread) discuss Grambling.xcoffeex

MACHIAVELLI
April 23rd, 2006, 11:36 AM
That's one reason I became an archivist.

You mean anarchist ?

jstate83
April 23rd, 2006, 02:46 PM
Practically everyone who has posted on this thread said they thought it was about Georgia Southern. Is there better proof than that?

With MACH's big arse GRAM decal on the post.:eyebrow:
Come on..............you can do better!! xlolx xlolx

Tod
April 23rd, 2006, 04:19 PM
With MACH's big arse GRAM decal on the post.:eyebrow:
Come on..............you can do better!! xlolx xlolx

When I click on a thread to open it, I hardly ever (if ever) look to see who posted it. I don't know until I open the thread and see post #1. I'm assuming many others are the same way, which is why they had the same reaction I did.

Make sense?

MACHIAVELLI
April 24th, 2006, 08:44 AM
BET reality show highlights GSU football team, band

April 24, 2006

By Jordan Blum
[email protected]

Reality television and all the publicity -- good and bad -- that comes with it will bring Grambling State University to a national audience when "Season of the Tiger" premieres Thursday on the BET network.

The six-episode dramatic documentary focuses on the GSU football team and marching band and their daily lives from homecoming to the Bayou Classic.

Star Grambling quarterback Bruce Eugene, whose college career has now ended, was a natural choice for one of the five student stars."I'm looking forward to it," Eugene said.

Executive Producer Jesse Scaccia of Daftfilms said he always had GSU in mind when he pitched the show to BET.

If you watch
WHAT: "Season of the Tiger"
WHEN: Premieres at 8:30 p.m. Thursday on BET.
IF YOU MISS IT: Encore telecasts are at 12:30 a.m. Thursdays, 6:30 p.m. Saturdays and 9 p.m. Tuesdays.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060424/NEWS01/604240317/1002/NEWS

MACHIAVELLI
April 24th, 2006, 09:42 AM
BET reality show highlights GSU football team, band

April 24, 2006

By Jordan Blum
[email protected]

Reality television and all the publicity -- good and bad -- that comes with it will bring Grambling State University to a national audience when "Season of the Tiger" premieres Thursday on the BET network.

The six-episode dramatic documentary focuses on the GSU football team and marching band and their daily lives from homecoming to the Bayou Classic.

GSU junior LaShonda "Shunnie" Harris, bandmaster drill sergeant, is one of five students prominently featured in the series. Despite experiencing drama as a female drill sergeant and some clashes with band Director Larry Pannell, Harris said she is eager to see the first show."It was a lot of fun, and I'm excited about it."

Star Grambling quarterback Bruce Eugene, whose college career has now ended, was a natural choice for one of the five student stars."I'm looking forward to it," Eugene said.

But not everyone is thrilled about the show. Just the fact BET promotional material describes Pannell as the "admittedly chauvinist band director" -- a notion he disputes -- leaves him cautious, but optimistic about the show.

"When you have a camera one inch from your face all year, you don't know what footage they'll show," he said. "It's like a man with his wife; not every day is 'I love you.'"

Executive Producer Jesse Scaccia of Daftfilms said he always had GSU in mind when he pitched the show to BET.

If you watch
IF YOU MISS IT: Encore telecasts are at 12:30 a.m. Thursdays, 6:30 p.m. Saturdays and 9 p.m. Tuesdays.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...0317/1002/NEWS

GSUperTiger
April 24th, 2006, 08:08 PM
It's probably true if it's just about I-AA. Georgia Southern has by far the most illustrious I-AA history.

This may be true, but Icon Grambling has one of the most storied/illustrious history of all time.

I think Tagliabue mentions it best.....

April 24th, 2006, 08:16 PM
This may be true, but Icon Grambling has one of the most storied/illustrious history of all time....:nod: :nod: :nod:

MACHIAVELLI
April 25th, 2006, 08:11 AM

MACHIAVELLI
April 25th, 2006, 03:44 PM

BusinessEagle
April 25th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Agreed. Plus, everyone knows that GSU refers to Glenville State.

It's Glenville State College.

BusinessEagle
April 25th, 2006, 04:27 PM

Actually, GSU did not become GSU until 1990. Before that it was GSC. I was a student for 2 year as GSC and 2 years as GSU. Back then the administration put out a memo stating we should not used "GSU" since the University System of Georgia already had Georgia State University. The best way to refer to us is simply- Georgia Southern.

MACHIAVELLI
April 25th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Actually, GSU did not become GSU until 1990. Before that it was GSC. I was a student for 2 year as GSC and 2 years as GSU. Back then the administration put out a memo stating we should not used "GSU" since the University System of Georgia already had Georgia State University. The best way to refer to us is simply- Georgia Southern.

:bawling: The painful truth. GaSou

ButlerGSU
April 25th, 2006, 08:49 PM
:bawling: The painful truth. GaSou

It's alright 'Gram'

mikebigg
April 25th, 2006, 11:31 PM
With all this attention, we need to use the extra game next season to play in a neutral site. Call it the "Name" Game.

bluedog
April 26th, 2006, 12:00 AM
With all this attention, we need to use the extra game next season to play in a neutral site. Call it the "Name" Game.

Mane why don't you put some vasline on them lips first? : smh :

SUjagTILLiDIE
April 26th, 2006, 01:08 AM
Mane why don't you put some vasline on them lips first? : smh :xlolx xlolx xlolx

Tribe4SF
April 26th, 2006, 06:19 AM
It's Glenville State College.

Party Pooper!:rotateh: :nod: :rotateh: :nod: :rotateh:

3rd Coast Tiger
April 26th, 2006, 09:00 AM

And there you have it.

I'd love to have the "WE ARE TSU!!!!!" debate next as I know Texas Southern would win.

jstate83
April 26th, 2006, 10:18 AM

Thank you......................That's what everybody I know or have heard call's it.................GEORGIA SOUTHERN.

It was GEORGIA Southern when we played ya'll in the a late 80's playoff game. Never heard anyone call it GSU.

McNeese75
April 26th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Mane why don't you put some vasline on them lips first? : smh :

Lips would be better than where you are going to need it after the Tigers get hold of the Jags this year :D :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

crunifan
April 26th, 2006, 10:53 AM
If these schools were smart and copyrighted their acronym, say like...UNI, we wouldn't have this issue now would we?

And for the record, I equate GSU with Georgia Southern.

datruth4u
April 26th, 2006, 11:42 AM
If these schools were smart and copyrighted their acronym, say like...UNI, we wouldn't have this issue now would we?

And for the record, I equate GSU with Georgia Southern.

And your shool nor opinion matters!

IaaScribe
April 26th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Well that was certainly uncalled for.

April 26th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Yeah, this place is going downhill with all this smacking on the Discussion board... :(

bluedog
April 27th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Lips would be better than where you are going to need it after the Tigers get hold of the Jags this year :D :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

MikeBi** see where you're getting your support from nowadays? xlolx :rotateh: : smh :

MACHIAVELLI
April 27th, 2006, 09:01 AM

JDC325
April 27th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Grambling is GSU, I thought you knew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.easports.com/games/ncaa2005/hbcu.jsp?movie_id=grambling&res=hi

It is not a disrespect thing. I have never heard Grambling refered to as GSU it has always been Grambling. I would prefer that to a standard GSU there are several out there claiming to be GSU.

ButlerGSU
April 27th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Look at Gram's incoming Freshmen, http://education.yahoo.com/college/facts/6495.html

Definitely not Georgia Southern :nono:

Panther88
April 27th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Look at Gram's incoming Freshmen, http://education.yahoo.com/college/facts/6495.html

What's your point butler? :confused:

Spit it out. Find that manhood and make it work on the www. :nod:

jstate83
April 27th, 2006, 06:08 PM

:rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

FRESHMEN

Georgia So................8,434 applied, 4,574 admitted, 3010 enrolled.
JSU..........................8,725 applied, 3,467 admitted, 1010 enrolled.xcoffeex

High school GPA..........3.08 Georgia Southern
High school GPA..........3.04 JSUxcoffeex

Georgia so..................54% admitted
JSU...........................40% admittedxcoffeex

Endowment

Georgia So..............endowment.........25.1 million.
JSU.......................endowment.........6.0 million........(soon to change with the $500 million Ayres case being settled and cashed in)xcoffeex

Campus
Georgia so..................1906, small town 634 acre campus..........Meaning your CAMPUS is the TOWN.
JSU...........................1877, Urban, Capitol City/Metro, listed here as 150 achers........multiply by 10 now...........and growing.xcoffeex

Your point...................keep in mind, THESE ARE OLD STATS.xcoffeex

eagleskins
April 28th, 2006, 12:01 AM
:rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

FRESHMEN

Georgia So................8,434 applied, 4,574 admitted, 3010 enrolled.
JSU..........................8,725 applied, 3,467 admitted, 1010 enrolled.xcoffeex

High school GPA..........3.08 Georgia Southern
High school GPA..........3.04 JSUxcoffeex

Georgia so..................54% admitted
JSU...........................40% admittedxcoffeex

Endowment

Georgia So..............endowment.........25.1 million.
JSU.......................endowment.........6.0 million........(soon to change with the $500 million Ayres case being settled and cashed in)xcoffeex

Campus
Georgia so..................1906, small town 634 acre campus..........Meaning your CAMPUS is the TOWN.
JSU...........................1877, Urban, Capitol City/Metro, listed here as 150 achers........multiply by 10 now...........and growing.xcoffeex

Your point...................keep in mind, THESE ARE OLD STATS.xcoffeex

I'm trying to figure out your point on this. We enroll more because we are a bigger school and growing by the year. We will be at 20,000 enrollment in a couple of years, not to mention every year the entrance requirements go up. 2006 freshmen class had an average SAT of 1120. I've been to JSU campus, and I really don't think you want to compare campuses. Other than that, I had a good time at JSU.

Kill'em
April 28th, 2006, 01:28 AM
Thank you......................That's what everybody I know or have heard call's it.................GEORGIA SOUTHERN.

It was GEORGIA Southern when we played ya'll in the a late 80's playoff game. Never heard anyone call it GSU.
That's because it was GSCollege in 1985.

April 28th, 2006, 01:43 AM
MikeBi** see where you're getting your support from nowadays?I see you are looking pretty sharp these days bluedog. :nod: http://www.cafepress.com/agsmarket.50710475

jstate83
April 28th, 2006, 08:33 AM
I'm trying to figure out your point on this. We enroll more because we are a bigger school and growing by the year. We will be at 20,000 enrollment in a couple of years, not to mention every year the entrance requirements go up. 2006 freshmen class had an average SAT of 1120. I've been to JSU campus, and I really don't think you want to compare campuses. Other than that, I had a good time at JSU.

Me too........................... One of your boys posted GRAMS stats like this and said ................. Certainly not Georgia Southern.

I want to know what the point is too since the majority of us are about equal on these stats.

jstate83
April 28th, 2006, 08:35 AM

Man ......................When was that?xlolx
Back in the '80's or '90's?xlolx

You certainly can't be talking about now.:nono:

ButlerGSU
April 28th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Me too........................... One of your boys posted GRAMS stats like this and said ................. Certainly not Georgia Southern.

I want to know what the point is too since the majority of us are about equal on these stats.

I was pointing out that only 10% of Grams freshmen have a verbal SAT score above 500 while Georgia Southern has 76% of freshman above 500. In math Gram has 13%, while Georgia Southern has 77%. That's all, you can find it all on http://education.yahoo.com but I am sure these stats are slightly out of date.

Although none of this has anything to do with JSU.

Panther88
April 28th, 2006, 12:17 PM
I was pointing out that only 10% of Grams freshmen have a verbal SAT score above 500 while Georgia Southern has 76% of freshman above 500. In math Gram has 13%, while Georgia Southern has 77%. That's all, you can find it all on http://education.yahoo.com but I am sure these stats are slightly out of date.

Although none of this has anything to do with JSU.

Okay. At least you answered the direct question.

But I REALLY don't understand why you'd point that out on a sports related board. :confused: A *F'n* mazing, some of you. xidiotx :nonono2:

MACHIAVELLI
April 28th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Okay. At least you answered the direct question.

But I REALLY don't understand why you'd point that out on a sports related board. :confused: A *F'n* mazing, some of you. xidiotx :nonono2:

Pay no attention...It is a Jedi mind trick. xidiotx

eagleskins
April 28th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Man ......................When was that?xlolx
Back in the '80's or '90's?xlolx

You certainly can't be talking about now.:nono:

2 years ago.