PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh Scrimmage to be Broadcast

ngineer
April 19th, 2006, 10:24 PM
This Saturday, Lehigh' Brown & White game will be broadcast on the internet at www.lehighsports.com
You need to subscribe to the Yahoo.com sports pak.
Heavy rain now being forecast so it could be a mess--could bring back some bad Holy Cross memories:( , but will certainly help focus on the running game.

JohnG
April 20th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Heavy rain now being forecast so it could be a mess

And temperatures in the mid 40s :bawling:

colgate13
April 20th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Makes you wonder how much they can get done. Why not reschedule it? Can they?

JohnG
April 20th, 2006, 10:05 PM

I dont know if they can but I'm not sure if they would want to hold it the weekend before exams begin (exams start May 2nd).

colgate13
April 21st, 2006, 07:30 AM
I dont know if they can but I'm not sure if they would want to hold it the weekend before exams begin (exams start May 2nd).

Who says it has to be on a weekend?

GannonFan
April 21st, 2006, 08:04 AM
Kind of shocking that they would play the scrimmage in the type of rain they are predicting for Friday into Saturday. They wouldn't practice out in that slop so why try to scrimmage. I know Delaware had a rain date of the following Saturday but they've rescheduled other scrimmages to any time imaginable (next day, sometime during the week, etc).

LU73
April 21st, 2006, 09:49 AM
Why not Sunday afternoon?

LBPop
April 21st, 2006, 01:17 PM

I don't know Lehigh's circumstances, but a couple of weeks ago Georgetown faced the same issue. They could not seriously consider postponing because they had invited their 2006 recruits and parents to a reception and meeting before the spring game. Lots of travel plans had already been made.

Thankfully, the new field surface made the game worthwhile (although it was abbreviated), but a bunch of Moms & Dads were soaked throughly. But what's a little rain when it comes to your kids? :D :nod:

ngineer
April 21st, 2006, 04:56 PM
I don't know Lehigh's circumstances, but a couple of weeks ago Georgetown faced the same issue. They could not seriously consider postponing because they had invited their 2006 recruits and parents to a reception and meeting before the spring game. Lots of travel plans had already been made.
Thankfully, the new field surface made the game worthwhile (although it was abbreviated), but a bunch of Moms & Dads were soaked throughly. But what's a little rain when it comes to your kids? :D :nod:

Big point--Lehigh does introduce their incoming class at halftime of the spring game, so I don't know how feasible moving it would be. "They" are calling for rain on Sunday, as well and few days next week, so there may not be much of an option. I'm still plannin' on bein' there with my 'rain suit'....:nod:

MR. CHICKEN
April 21st, 2006, 10:07 PM
WE ALL LIVE IN UH "YELLOW SUBMARINE"............;)......AWK!

JohnG
April 21st, 2006, 11:55 PM
Well looks like the spring game is going to have about the same weather as the Holy Cross game. I'll probably be there all alone in my LU poncho since I'm having trouble find another person who is nuts enough to wanna go stand in the rain to watch a practice game with me.

ngineer
April 22nd, 2006, 03:10 PM
Well looks like the spring game is going to have about the same weather as the Holy Cross game. I'll probably be there all alone in my LU poncho since I'm having trouble find another person who is nuts enough to wanna go stand in the rain to watch a practice game with me.

I hung on til 2p.m., My hands were getting numb and I figured they weren't going to go too much more and were playing a lot of backups.
I think we'll be fine.