View Full Version : Any Given Saturday Top 25 - How They Fared Week 4

superman7515
September 24th, 2011, 11:23 PM
AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 4 (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdERCRVVWcml4MXV4ZG9BVlN2akhBN UE&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=0)

Squealofthepig
September 24th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Toughest thing this week will be figuring out "Most significant win" - three wins over FBS, App State over Nooga, New Hampshire over Richmond, Lehigh over Liberty...

El Gato
September 24th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Toughest thing this week will be figuring out "Most significant win" - three wins over FBS, App State over Nooga, New Hampshire over Richmond, Lehigh over Liberty...

4. SHSU over New Mexico.

El Gato
September 24th, 2011, 11:44 PM
AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 4 (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdERCRVVWcml4MXV4ZG9BVlN2akhBN UE&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=0)

SFA lost to Texas State, not Texas Southern. Texas State is FCS Independent but does have more scholarship players than an FCS team, FYI (if that means anything on taking the Lumberjack loss into account)

JMUNJ08
September 25th, 2011, 12:27 AM
SFA lost to Texas State, not Texas Southern. Texas State is FCS Independent but does have more scholarship players than an FCS team, FYI (if that means anything on taking the Lumberjack loss into account)

Does to me and that 1-3 record...

3 Great FBS wins, but no REALLY disturbing losses. Had to go with S. Utah since they had the blowout victory.

Lots of losses that are starting to shape perceptions: Liberty, SFA, EWU, W&M

Towson better be ranked this week! Undefeated this late in the season? Lets go AGS voters!

BTW, love the Google Doc!

HensRock
September 25th, 2011, 12:52 AM
SUU 41
UNLV 16

The GoogleDoc has UNLV 10

Sycamore51
September 25th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Indiana St held on to beat Youngstown 37-35

superman7515
September 25th, 2011, 06:46 AM

Oops, thanks

SUU 41
UNLV 16

The GoogleDoc has UNLV 10

Thanks, I guess ESPN hadn't updated the final score yet. They did the same thing with Sam Houston and originally showed them losing by 3 in OT.

That's on there.

Truefan
September 25th, 2011, 06:50 AM
:D:DEarly in the week Del. Starting LB stated Univ. Of Del. Is better than any other school in the Meac " including SC State" after they lost 45 to 0 . Yesterday in Orangeburg, SC. The Bulldogs of SC State open up a can 69 points to zero (0). Head coach Buddy pough went in victory formation with the 3rd string QB. on the 7 yard line 1st and goal with 2 minutes in the game and took 4 knees. I would suggest the next time he gives praise about one team he should never mention SC State they could have scored 80.

superman7515
September 25th, 2011, 06:52 AM
:D:DEarly in the week Del. Starting LB stated Univ. Of Del. Is better than any other school in the Meac " including SC State" after they lost 45 to 0 . Yesterday in Orangeburg, SC. The Bulldogs of SC State open up a can 69 points to zero (0). Head coach Buddy pough went in victory formation with the 3rd string QB. on the 7 yard line 1st and goal with 2 minutes in the game and took 4 knees. I would suggest the next time he gives praise about one team he should never mention SC State they could have scored 80.

It was a Delaware State starting LB, not a Del. Starting LB. But he was right. :D

Fear the Bird
September 25th, 2011, 06:57 AM

That result is listed...shameless plug to try and remind voters that ISU isnt getting respect?

Fear the Bird
September 25th, 2011, 06:58 AM

Please edit and dont ever confuse University of Delaware with Delaware State University especially in football!

aceinthehole
September 25th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Nice spreadsheet!

Gotta think SFA and EWU will drop out. Hopefully we see Towson in the top-25.

bojeta
September 25th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Nice spreadsheet!

Towson may make my top 25 eventually. Not saying they aren't good, but I'm unimpressed with their competition to date. As they start playing more CAA teams, things may change.

crossfire07
September 25th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Nice spreadsheet!

An 0-3 team should not have been in the top 25 to begin with.

Sycamore51
September 25th, 2011, 08:39 PM
That result is listed...shameless plug to try and remind voters that ISU isnt getting respect?

I didn't know there was a spreadsheet that showed the results. I thought it was a question. I've never had to look at this thread before.

Indianastate45
September 25th, 2011, 10:33 PM

If you knew our team, fans, and town....you'd know we don't care what we are ranked. If it happens great...but this team has been through so much that it's the last thing on their minds...and the minds of their fans. We want wins and a shot at the playoffs.

Go Trees!

bjtheflamesfan
September 26th, 2011, 12:05 AM
a lot of teams with a chance to move in threw up all over themselves this week...so filling these last couple slots is proving difficult

JMUNJ08
September 26th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Towson may make my top 25 eventually. Not saying they aren't good, but I'm unimpressed with their competition to date. As they start playing more CAA teams, things may change.

3-0??? What else hasn't surprised you about them? There are only enough undefeated teams to count on 1 hand. Towson has been VERY impressive in each of their games against competition that still many at the FCS level would struggle with.

Towson is comfortably in my Top 25...

Squealofthepig
September 26th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Towson is comfortably in my Top 25...

Mine as well. 'Nova and Colgate aren't really podunk wins, and they've won the games that are scheduled. They could be a bit of a sleeper in the CAA this year, and getting four more wins is quite plausible, though far far far from a given.

They're also our best (maybe only? didn't see any other scheduled) shot at an FBS opponent next weekend when they visit the god-awfully dressed terrapins.

asknoquarter21
September 26th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I think this week will show a lot of teams receiving votes.

Not a lot of clear cut options around 20-25