PDA

View Full Version : Count your blessings

ElonFirefighter
September 24th, 2011, 10:00 PM
not sure where to put it, mods move it if you see fit.

Had a life altering experience today and I'm just venting.
I was on my way up 85 to the Elon/Citadel game and I stopped to help a motorist who had just spun out in the rain. I walked up to her car placed a hand on the hood an said "Mam are you". That's as far as I got when another car going 65 hit the car I was leaning against. I was thrown 5-10 feet somehow not being run over by either car. I walked away without a scratch. The woman I was talking too hit her head on the car and cut it, the driver of the other car hit a tree. Both were transported to the hospital, and I walked away, making it in time for kick off. It makes you think you don't know which day is you last. I shouldn't be here right now, but I am. Tell your loved ones that you love them and treat others with respect. Live life to the fullest, because you don't know when you will not wake up tomorrow.

P.S. for those who want to tell me I should of gone to the hospital(one of the 20 or so), I'm going to UC tomorrow to get checked out, to make sure i don't have any internal injuries, or dislocate my shoulder.

UPDATE: Went to the hospital this morning, after a bunch of xrays and a cat scan. The doctor said i just have a bunch of bruises and strains. The Dr. and nurses all were surprised to see me walk in to the hospital after being in an accident like that. On the plus side it brought in a good number of curious nurses. ;)

UIWWildthing
September 24th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Holy....first of all, glad you are Ok, secondly, glad you are going to the hospital.

Skjellyfetti
September 24th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Wow. Scary stuff. Glad you are ok.

AtlantaMountaineer
September 24th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Wow. Incredible story. Glad you are OK.

blackfordpu
September 24th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Geez, glad you are ok. Hope you get the all clear from the doctors.

The Eagle's Cliff
September 24th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Wow. Incredible story. Glad you are OK.

Glad you're OK. Thanks for sharing the story and for trying to help to begin with.

UCMoc
September 24th, 2011, 10:07 PM
A good reminder of what really matters.

Go...gate
September 24th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Glad you are OK. God bless.

ASUG8
September 24th, 2011, 10:16 PM
It's just football....glad you're ok, and definitely get checked out.

You might have been injured enough to pull for the fighting Christians. xthumbsupx

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 10:20 PM
That's an incredible tale. So the guy going 65 mph hit the car you were trying to help, wrapped around a tree, and he's still alive? If you don't go to the hospital (I hate hospitals) you should probably just go see your regular doctor. I'm certainly glad you're OK and and in good humor enough to tell this story.

Sader87
September 24th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Sounds like a typical trip to Worcester.....life on this mortal coil is indeed very fragile......glad all involved are OK...kudos to you for stopping in the first place.

ngineer
September 24th, 2011, 11:07 PM
That's an incredible tale. So the guy going 65 mph hit the car you were trying to help, wrapped around a tree, and he's still alive? If you don't go to the hospital (I hate hospitals) you should probably just go see your regular doctor. I'm certainly glad you're OK and and in good humor enough to tell this story.

I agree with Bogie. If you don't have anything serious going on, I'd check with you doctor first. I know too many people who go into hospitals and get infections complicating everything. So glad to hear you are basically ok---I can understand the sentiment of cherishing each day we are given. Good Luck!

ElonFirefighter
September 25th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Thank You all for the well wishes. Experiences like this put life in prospective.

UPDATE: Went to the hospital this morning, after a bunch of xrays and a cat scan. The doctor said i just have a bunch of bruises and strains. The Dr. and nurses all were surprised to see me walk in to the hospital after being in an accident like that. On the plus side it brought in a good number of curious nurses. ;)

AppStsGr8
September 25th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Glad you're ok. I-85 can be a beast. As someone who drives alone to many games, I'm glad there are still good guys out there willing to help. Thanks.

gasoutherneagle
September 25th, 2011, 06:10 PM
not sure where to put it, mods move it if you see fit.

P.S. for those who want to tell me I should of gone to the hospital(one of the 20 or so), I'm going to UC tomorrow to get checked out, to make sure i don't have any internal injuries, or dislocate my shoulder.

Hey, I see no problem with that whatsoever! You gotta get to that game, man! Like the commitment! Glad you're alright.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 25th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Glad you are a tough SOB eFf.

Way better to be around to ask the question "why the hell am I even alive?".

Take that victory and run with it every time.

ElonFirefighter
July 17th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Not to bring up an old thread but just wanted to add a little to the story and to god’s will. I’m dead set on the fact god wanted me to get hit and go to the hospital. While I was getting checked out last year the Dr. found a growth on my bladder, and told me to get it checked out. Through all the tests they were sure it was a syst. Last month I had it removed because they were unable to 100% say it was a syst. It turns out it was a benign tumor. It’s all been removed and I am pretty much 100% back, and will not need any future checkups. It just amazes me that something that’s on a place that probably will not be found until it causes issues, is found after I walk away from something that should have killed me. God works in amazing ways don't question what happens because everything happens for a reason.

BisonBacker
July 17th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Amazing story and you are right to be thankful and grateful. Thanks for the reminder that we all need.

Southsider
July 17th, 2012, 05:54 PM
As the saying goes, God Works In Mysterious Ways! Great news for you. BTW, my nephew relocated to Greensboro about 4 years ago. He is now seeing an Elon Gal. She is awesome!! Love that accent!!

Go...gate
July 17th, 2012, 06:55 PM
God has his ways of getting us where we belong....

So glad you are OK!

ursus arctos horribilis
July 17th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Glad it worked out like it did my friend.

Seawolf97
July 17th, 2012, 09:37 PM
It just wasnt your time my friend. Glad everything worked out ok. And glad you stopped in the first place to help maybe the man upstairs saw that also.