MR. CHICKEN
September 24th, 2011, 09:07 PM
THUD!

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 09:08 PM
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5516/gatetow.jpg

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Was Biddle trying to run out the clock? 51 rushing attempts in 42-17 game?

Go...gate
September 24th, 2011, 09:11 PM
I think that is 117 points allowed in three ball games, a 39 ppg defensive average. My goodness, that is awful.

UIWWildthing
September 24th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Big plays and turnovers were the key in this one. Towson's 3-0, may have a good chance of being ranked and play Maryland next week. I have no clue what my reaction would be if they pulled THAT win off

jmufan999
September 24th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Towson is for F-ING real.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Big plays and turnovers were the key in this one. Towson's 3-0, may have a good chance of being ranked and play Maryland next week. I have no clue what my reaction would be if they pulled THAT win off

Temple softened 'em up for ya!!

TheValleyRaider
September 24th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Towson looked (sounded) pretty solid all-around, especially in terms of speed and depth relative to the Raiders

It isn't just that we're losing. The team is getting run off the field, which is disturbing. There are some injuries, sure (Eachus being the most prominent), but the depth necessary to have success over a full game (or at least enough to win) just isn't there

Potential bright sides. All 3 games were on the road, so home games might help some. Eachus may come back eventually. Yeah, that's all I got for now

Jackman
September 24th, 2011, 09:22 PM
You can't stop Towson. You can only hope to contain them.

Gater
September 24th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Colgate was beaten in every phase of the game. They came out fired up and then just played flat. There really aren't a whole lot of good things you can say right now. 'gate has been down before and salvaged respectable seasons but there have to be big changes for this to happen--especially on defense.
Go 'gate.

UIWWildthing
September 24th, 2011, 09:29 PM
I can say this, 'Gate ran the ball well tonight, 232 yards on the ground.

ngineer
September 24th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Towson looked (sounded) pretty solid all-around, especially in terms of speed and depth relative to the Raiders

It isn't just that we're losing. The team is getting run off the field, which is disturbing. There are some injuries, sure (Eachus being the most prominent), but the depth necessary to have success over a full game (or at least enough to win) just isn't there

Potential bright sides. All 3 games were on the road, so home games might help some. Eachus may come back eventually. Yeah, that's all I got for now

Just what, exactly, is wrong with him. Seems like a state secret...??

Go...gate
September 24th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Eachus' absence is a problem, but no defense is a bigger one. We are on pace to surrender over 400 points this season.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 24th, 2011, 11:19 PM
I think the biggest indicator that something is wrong up Red Raider Way is that fact that "mighty" Dartmouth, who handled Colgate last week, lost to Sacred Heart. Yes, Sacred Heart.

Sader87
September 24th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Colgate sucks this year....which actually sucks for the PL as a whole. The biggest problem with a "no scholarship" league is on the defensive side of the football....no very good athletes on D equals very average to very poor teams overall.

ngineer
September 24th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Yes. Being able to 'get off the field' is a problem at times. Typically, the scholarship schools have a few more 'athletes'--both skill-wise and depth-wise. Fourth quarter many times is the killer when you can't rotate as many fresh bodies, without a significant drop off in talent.

Go...gate
September 24th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Fordham comes in to Hamilton this week. They defeated Columbia but have also struggled at times against a stronger schedule.