PDA

View Full Version : Princeton v. Bucknell

DJOM
September 24th, 2011, 07:52 PM
If the Tigers don't get it together quick; its gonna be another long yearxnonono2x

Go...gate
September 24th, 2011, 08:02 PM
The two worst PU teams I ever saw were the 1973 1-8 (0-7 Ivy) outfit and last year's 1-9 (0-7 Ivy) disaster. Usually a club's biggest improvement is from the first to the second game. The Tigers went backwards this evening, and badly.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 08:04 PM
The two worst PU teams I ever saw were the 1973 1-8 (0-7 Ivy) outfit and last year's 1-9 (0-7 Ivy) disaster. Usually a club's biggest improvement is from the first to the second game. The Tigers went backwards this evening, and badly.

Did they really play that poorly tonight? I honestly thought they looked decent last week against Lehigh. This score is a shocker imo.

DJOM
September 24th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Last year there were a lot of season ending injuries to key "skill" players. Tonight they just played BAD. 5 turnovers---no excuse.

Go...gate
September 24th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Did they really play that poorly tonight? I honestly thought they looked decent last week against Lehigh. This score is a shocker imo.

Yes.

bison137
September 24th, 2011, 08:35 PM
DE Josh Eden - who is one of the best DL the PL has seen - had a tackle in the end zone for a safety, a 27 yard interception return for a TD, and a fumble recovery deep in Princeton territory to set up a TD.

It's been awhile for this sort of BU win.

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Congrats to the Bison - it really has been a long time since they've shown up in a game like this. Nice job.

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 09:23 PM
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/2420/buckprin.jpg

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 09:24 PM
6 Turnovers!! Wow, well that explains this one!

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Geez, now we have to worry about the Bison defense all of a sudden. It's going to be an interesting season, to say the least.

ngineer
September 24th, 2011, 10:47 PM
No team that is -6 in turnovers will ever win. Still, some of those are 'caused' by a pressure defense, as opposed to lackadaisical offensive play. Nice to see the Bison come back with a significant win after a tough loss. Another nice PL over IL win!! Congrats!

Go...gate
September 24th, 2011, 11:13 PM
The only saving grace for PU is that Columbia comes in this week, and both teams have gotten off to poor starts. Princeton desperately needs a win and this might be their only legitimate shot at one.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 24th, 2011, 11:15 PM
DE Josh Eden - who is one of the best DL the PL has seen - had a tackle in the end zone for a safety, a 27 yard interception return for a TD, and a fumble recovery deep in Princeton territory to set up a TD.

It's been awhile for this sort of BU win.

Hopefully Lehigh and Lafayette don't have any defensive player of the week nominees!! xlolx

"This week's Patriot League player of the week is Lehigh LB Mike Groome, with nine tackles against Liberty..." xlolx xlolx xlolx

Bogus Megapardus
September 25th, 2011, 05:57 AM
The only saving grace for PU is that Columbia comes in this week, and both teams have gotten off to poor starts. Princeton desperately needs a win and this might be their only legitimate shot at one.

They gave Roger Hughes 10 years of up and down with one co-title. I wonder if Surace is on a short leash. They travel to Hampton following the Columbia game. From the look of things, the Tigers will be hard pressed to win either.

I was at the Tiger's Tale last week for a quick oat soda before a movie - the gentry already want Surace's scalp (and perhaps a different appendage).

Pard4Life
September 25th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I really do not understand why Princeton cannot easily be an Ivy football powerhouse like HYPenn.

Of all the years we don't play them... oh wait we had our shot last year! Their only win!

Columbia will win next week.

Bogus Megapardus
September 25th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Next year, P4L. Next year.

carney2
September 25th, 2011, 11:05 AM
IOf all the years we don't play them... oh wait we had our shot last year! Their only win!

And didn't you just feel the inevitability of it building through the 4th quarter and into overtime? Didn't you just KNOW what the final outcome would be? The Curse, lad, The Curse.

Bogus Megapardus
September 25th, 2011, 11:15 AM
And didn't you just feel the inevitability of it building through the 4th quarter and into overtime? Didn't you just KNOW what the final outcome would be? The Curse, lad, The Curse.

I was at that game with Princeton friends. They left in the 3rd because they thought the game was over for the Tigers.

Go...gate
September 25th, 2011, 05:08 PM
While watching the Princeton game this weekend, the Princeton Alumni around the country just point their head downward and shake it with disgust as their Princeton Tigers proceed to turn the ball over SIX times...

ugly, very ugly

Then they raise their heads with joy and ask the question:

"When is the first Princeton basketball game this year"?

But even the home hoops schedule is not so hot this year. Other than the Ivies, they get Buffalo, Elon, Lafayette and one other home game. They travel to Rider and Rutgers.

bison137
September 26th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Hopefully Lehigh and Lafayette don't have any defensive player of the week nominees!! xlolx

"This week's Patriot League player of the week is Lehigh LB Mike Groome, with nine tackles against Liberty..." xlolx xlolx xlolx

The real PL Defensive POW:

Defensive Player of the Week

Josh Eden, DE, Bucknell Sr., 6-4, 280 (State College, Pa./State College Area)

Eden was almost single-handedly responsible for Bucknell's 17-3 halftime lead over Princeton, as he recorded a safety, recovered a fumble at the Princeton 9-yard line to lead to a touchdown and intercepted a pass and returned it 27 yards for his first career touchdown late in the half. He also made five tackles, had a tackle for loss and a half-sack in the Bison's 34-9 victory. Eden helped pace a defense that forced six turnovers. He becomes Bucknell's first Defensive Player of the Week recipient since 2009. Eden had previously won a pair of Patriot League Special Teams Player of the Week honors for his ability to block kicks, including one after the Bison's season-opening win this season.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 26th, 2011, 11:59 AM
The real PL Defensive POW:

Defensive Player of the Week

Josh Eden, DE, Bucknell Sr., 6-4, 280 (State College, Pa./State College Area)

Eden was almost single-handedly responsible for Bucknell's 17-3 halftime lead over Princeton, as he recorded a safety, recovered a fumble at the Princeton 9-yard line to lead to a touchdown and intercepted a pass and returned it 27 yards for his first career touchdown late in the half. He also made five tackles, had a tackle for loss and a half-sack in the Bison's 34-9 victory. Eden helped pace a defense that forced six turnovers. He becomes Bucknell's first Defensive Player of the Week recipient since 2009. Eden had previously won a pair of Patriot League Special Teams Player of the Week honors for his ability to block kicks, including one after the Bison's season-opening win this season.

Congratulations to Eden for a well-deserved POW this week! If he had lost, it would have been time to check ballots from around the PL! xlolx

DJOM
September 26th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Well I for one am glad to see that Princeton has the entire Ivy League lulled into a false sense of confidence. League play starts this weekend and the Tiger has everyone already moving into its trap. If I was Coach Surace I have a lot of duct tape and/or stickum at practice and get em used to not dropping the ball.:D

Go...gate
September 26th, 2011, 03:41 PM
I think they will beat Columbia. The sting of the past two seasons will make a difference, as it will against Penn.