PDA

View Full Version : If any team has ever been lucky to win a game.....

Pages : [1] 2

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 05:29 PM
It was appy state today. They had no business winning the game. They are a joke. No points on offense. What a scrub team. Chattanooga will still be 9-2 as I said and Southern Conference Champions. Appy state will lose at least 2 conference games. Im not eating an ounce of crow.

SoCon48
September 24th, 2011, 05:31 PM
It was appy state today. They had no business winning the game. They are a joke. No points on offense. What a scrub team. Chattanooga will still be 9-2 as I said and Southern Conference Champions. Appy state will lose at least 2 conference games. Im not eating an ounce of crow.

One word, it's called---DEFENSE!

Mountaineer#96
September 24th, 2011, 05:31 PM
xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxwow....that was really fast......

no class man....if you guys would have won, tons of ASU faithful would be the first to tell you what a great game, and good team.

noogamoc
September 24th, 2011, 05:32 PM
You have to love our D. But....we need more offensive weapons. Very disapointed with how this game played out.

Mountaineer#96
negative rep......sour grapes

SoCon48

One thing we know for sure, App may lose two conference games, but one of them won't be to Chattanooga. :D

The Moody1
September 24th, 2011, 05:34 PM

Ha Ha, you win the "biggest loser to ever post on a message board award". Congratulations. I would be embarrassed to admit my team lost to a scrub team.

BisonFan02
If they are such a joke and had no offensive points....what does that make the mocs on offense since they lost? Both defenses played well and it looks like it came down to a few plays (one big one especially on special teams). Nothing to be ashamed of on either side.

CharlestonAppFan

you lost ya know bud xlolx

xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawl ingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxx bawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawli ngxxbawlingx

go drink, it's the only thing that'll make you feel better xlolx

CharlestonAppFan
September 24th, 2011, 05:35 PM
I've waited all year to say that to you xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 05:35 PM
One word, it's called---DEFENSE!

And your defense was also inferior to ours.

DP_ASU
September 24th, 2011, 05:36 PM
This post is ridiculous...haha

gasoutherneagle
Wow... what a punk. No class, moccyboy.

Mountaineer#96
negative reps for you........sour grapes and another flame baiting thread started by this user.

BisonFan02
And your defense was also inferior to ours.

Defense was inferior....Offense was inferior....but you lost?

SpeedkingATL
September 24th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Champions know how to win when they don't play their best. The streak over the Mocs continues.

appst97
September 24th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Don't go away mad....just go AWAY!!!!!!!

asumike83
September 24th, 2011, 05:39 PM

Translation: Chattanooga STILL cannot close when it counts and BJ didn't light up that awful App D like I said he would.

AppMAN04
September 24th, 2011, 05:39 PM
This guy is a joke... Kind of sad.. Yes the game was an ugly one but a win is a win.... We have a lot of work to do on offense, but Chattown you need to know your place in the SOCON before you get to talking all that ish....

APPSTATE!!

PaladinFan
September 24th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Let me put out there that I have seen several games in Boone where App shouldn't have won, but did anyway.

That is all.

Mountaineer#96
September 24th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Don't go away mad....just go AWAY!!!!!!!

http://youtu.be/d8pvD_4Pd1A

TheBisonator
Chattanooga football is the greatest thing to ever grace the presence of man.

UT-Chattanooga makes Harvard look like Chicago State.

That is all.

AppMAN04
Let me put out there that I have seen several games in Boone where App shouldn't have won, but did anyway.

That is all.

AINT THAT THE TRUTH!xsalutex

Squealofthepig
September 24th, 2011, 05:43 PM
One must love how honorably some people eat crow.

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Defense was inferior....Offense was inferior....but you lost?

Yes they were clearly inferior on both sides. Their defense was a little better than our offense, but it wasnt better than our defense. They were lucky to win the game. period. Im not giving them any props, or eating any crow. They are a pretty good team, but if they are the number 3 team in the country than Chattanooga is a national championship contender as well.

JMUNJ08
September 24th, 2011, 05:45 PM

That is all.

JMU fumble inside the 10 under a minute.. cough cough... lol

Squealofthepig
September 24th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Yes they were clearly inferior on both sides. Their defense was a little better than our offense, but it wasnt better than our defense. They were lucky to win the game. period. Im not giving them any props, or eating any crow. They are a pretty good team, but if they are the number 3 team in the country than Chattanooga is a national championship contender as well.

http://randomoverload.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/1ae92b23a4eality.jpg.jpg

DP_ASU
September 24th, 2011, 05:49 PM
JM talking about the class of Bradford and Coleman of the Mocs. Talking about how it takes a real man to have class after a situation like that. Chattownmocs....

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Ill give appy state so small props. They did just enough to stay in the game to pull off a couple flukish plays and pull the upset.

Mountaineer#96
September 24th, 2011, 05:50 PM

The video basically sums up the game today, enjoy chattownmocs:

http://youtu.be/IQTp5BL5MMU

asknoquarter21
Dude, you need to calm down.

UTC played a great game and has nothing to feel bad about. We knew you would be an improved team this season and that held to be true. UTC will be in my top 15 this week without a doubt.

Coleman had a tough game today, but DeAndre wasn't at his best either.

You will have a great season I think 4 teams could all have a shot at the Socon this year, and it doesn't take much effort to figure that out.

BJ Coleman and Joel Bradford went to Jerry Moore after the game to congratulate him for a hard fought win. Coach Russ is a class act as well. These are the things that make you respect a program. Every fan base has it's bad fans and you sir are one of those.

chattownmocs
JM talking about the class of Bradford and Coleman of the Mocs. Talking about how it takes a real man to have class after a situation like that. Chattownmocs....

And look how classless App state acted after their garbage win.

Squealofthepig
Ill give appy state so small props. They did just enough to stay in the game to pull off a couple flukish plays and pull the upset.

Remind us all - how does that affect the number in the Mocs' loss column?

BisonFan02

xchinscratchx

Mountaineer#96
September 24th, 2011, 05:51 PM

wah wha wah upset? who said anything about an upset? upset?

Mountaineer#96
September 24th, 2011, 05:52 PM
And look how classless App state acted after their garbage win.

you would know about class, how? this thread is a perfect example of that.

you can't argure with idiots folks.......step away, nothing to see here, nothing to see here....

DP_ASU
September 24th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I don't know if this guy is serious or trolling....

Mountaineer#96
September 24th, 2011, 05:54 PM
there are people at the stadium trying to get to a computer because they already knew this thread would exist from this guy.

DP_ASU
September 24th, 2011, 05:54 PM
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2113/77keeptrollin.jpg

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 05:55 PM
xchinscratchx

It might not have been viewed that way going in, but inreality it was an upset in terms of how the game played out. The superior team went on road into a hostile enviroment and controlled the action only to see the home team get a ply or 2 and hang on.

gasoutherneagle
September 24th, 2011, 05:58 PM
I don't know if this guy is serious or trolling....

Neither has anyone else in MONTHS... figure that one out and you'll win yourself a nice prize!xawesomex

DP_ASU
September 24th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Beating APP in Kidd Brewer would be an upset...not the other way around big guy.

BisonFan02
September 24th, 2011, 05:59 PM
It might not have been viewed that way going in, but inreality it was an upset in terms of how the game played out. The superior team went on road into a hostile enviroment and controlled the action only to see the home team get a ply or 2 and hang on.

xchinscratchx Again, good game, but I don't see how it's necessarily an "upset" or that the mocs are the "superior team". That's beyond being a homer.

SpeedkingATL
September 24th, 2011, 06:00 PM
If 2 of Apps starters on defense hadn't been suspended for the game by Jerry Moore the defense might have scored 2 more touchdowns against the UTC offense.

asknoquarter21
September 24th, 2011, 06:01 PM
What of these stats shows domination?

Time of Possesion?
Rushing Yards?
Total Yards?

I will wait for you're reply

Team Stat Comparison
UTC ASU
1st Downs 21 15
3rd down efficiency
7-18 5-14
4th down efficiency
0-1 0-0
Total Yards 302 284
Passing 270 143
Comp-Att
22-42 12-22
Yards per pass
6.4 6.5
Rushing 32 141
Rushing Attempts
30 40
Yards per rush
1.1 3.5
Penalties 1-15 7-83
Turnovers 3 3
Fumbles lost
1 1
Interceptions thrown
2 2
Possession 30:32 28:57

SoConisMyAntiDrug
September 24th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Chattownmocs......now what makes you the superior team. I mean I picked Chat, but in all honesty, You guys needed to win this game in order to even use the word superior. As much as any team in the SoCon make deny it, the road to the top goes through Boone. You have to beat App in order to be the best. Chat played a great game and I honestly did not think the score would be so low and it was great football. Just give credit when credit is due and move on.

Squealofthepig
September 24th, 2011, 06:03 PM
What of these stats shows domination?
Penalties 1-15 7-83

100% on board with you, but this stat is the one that really jumps out at me, especially at Kidd Brewer.

GSU_Alum08
September 24th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Guys, why even bother responding to this fool? Either A: He is a troll, therefore, he knows that what he is saying is ridiculous, or B: He is really just that stupid, in which case, he cannot be educated. I mean, saying that the team you just lost to is a "scrub" team, basically points out your own team's flaws, so what's the point in trying to debate him. So he's either a troll, or a complete moron. Either way, they are winless in the socon so far. haha

asknoquarter21
September 24th, 2011, 06:06 PM
100% on board with you, but this stat is the one that really jumps out at me, especially at Kidd Brewer.

2 of those were celebrations
1 was a BS pass interference

the others were pretty clear.

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Lol at these dumb *** boards. Stop living in the past and watch a game. Chattanooga made a bad snap on a chip shot FG and their QB made 1 big mistake and another in desperation time and App State is better because used to be good. No Chattanooga was CLEARLY on both sides of the ball. There was only unit that was outstanding in this game and that Chattanooga's defense. Take you lucky your lucky win and go hide your punk *** faces.

Mr. C
September 24th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Trivia Time:

When was the last time that UTC won a game at Kidd Brewer Stadium? Not during my era of watching Southern Conference football and I'm real old.

GSU_Alum08
September 24th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Trivia Time:

When was the last time that UTC won a game at Kidd Brewer Stadium? Not during my era of watching Southern Conference football and I'm real old.

umm... OOH OOH!!!! PICK ME!!! PICK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squealofthepig
September 24th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Lol at these dumb *** boards. Stop living in the past and watch a game. Chattanooga made a bad snap on a chip shot FG and their QB made 1 big mistake and another in desperation time and App State is better because used to be good. No Chattanooga was CLEARLY on both sides of the ball. There was only unit that was outstanding in this game and that Chattanooga's defense. Take you lucky your lucky win and go hide your punk *** faces.

Aww. Does someone has a sad?

You talk **** all the time and then expect us NOT to call you when you make these ridiculous claims/assertions? You're taking homer to a new level. In fact, we shall just call you The Homersexual from now on.

DP_ASU
September 24th, 2011, 06:15 PM

Hide our faces? You talk smack behind a computer...

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Appalacian State would have been shut out, if not for a terrible snap on chip shot FG. Thats how bad your football team is, or maybe its how good Chattanooga's damn defense is. You got saved by another fluke play. Go dance in the streets of boone "do yall have streets?).

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Hide our faces? You talk smack behind a computer...

And you created a profile to run your mouth after a lucky win. Go home biatch.

GSU_Alum08
September 24th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Appalacian State would have been shut out, if not for a terrible snap on chip shot FG. Thats how bad your football team is, or maybe its how good Chattanooga's damn defense is. You got saved by another fluke play. Go dance in the streets of boone "do yall have streets?).

and you know what, GSU would have won the National Championship last year if we wouldn't have turn the ball over against UD. We would have won that game if we would have scored more points. We would have won if we would have held them to less points. But you know what? We didn't. And we lost. Ya'll COULD HAVE won the game, but you didn't. Such a shame.

proasu89
September 24th, 2011, 06:22 PM
One thing we know for sure, App may lose two conference games, but one of them won't be to Chattanooga. :D

Quite simply your best post EVER!

B&G
September 24th, 2011, 06:23 PM

Well, guess this year you can focus on recruiting a decent long snapper and a kicker who can hit FG's from over 25 yards out. I'm sure App will take their delicious fluke win. NOM NOM NOM. Mmm, the flukier the better.

GSU_Alum08
September 24th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Quite simply your best post EVER!

agreed, and I still hate app state. haha

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Well, guess this year you can focus on recruiting a decent long snapper and a kicker who can hit FG's from over 25 yards out. I'm sure App will take their delicious fluke win. NOM NOM NOM. Mmm, the flukier the better.

Im sure they will. And they are happy to get a win against a superior team no matter how fluky they come.

proasu89
September 24th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Trivia Time:

Never. Last time they won i think was in 83 and it was Conrad Stadium then.

Apphole
September 24th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Scoooooore board!! Scooooore board!!! Scoooooore board!!!

B&G
September 24th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Im sure they will. And they are happy to get a win against a superior team no matter how fluky they come.

If that ever happens let me know. At least you guys can win the OVC this year.

Smitty
September 24th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Haha poor chattownmocs... can't handle his crow at all

Apphole
September 24th, 2011, 06:32 PM
But seriously someone put this guy on suicide watch. Kidd Brewer stadium caused the "fluke plays."

gomocs82
September 24th, 2011, 06:32 PM
The answer to a question above is 1988--I think.

Most moc fans are not crazy...we are proud of the improvements that have been made under Coach Huesman..feel that we are a national contender...will be playoff worthy this year...are still in the hunt for the SoCon..and are bummed out about the outcome of this game...2 years in a row ASU found a way to beat us...it stinks..but it is, what it is...but hey we are 2-0 in the OVC!

GATA
September 24th, 2011, 06:41 PM
A good football team would be able to execute a field goal...

asknoquarter21
September 24th, 2011, 06:55 PM

Alexale, is that you?

Mntneer
September 24th, 2011, 06:57 PM

You are an absolute moron.

DP_ASU
September 24th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I have been on these boards since 2006...;) You can find me on APP St. MSG Board as danjustdan29

asumike83
September 24th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Doesn't fluke usually means it only happens once? UT-C's terrible kicking game was evident last year and it cost them again today. Was it really a fluke that ASU's D-line had BJ on his back all day? He threw 3 picks and one got taken to the house. That's your ballgame.

Chatty is a much improved team and they should be commended for that. However, Boone is a tough place to win. It takes 60 minutes of sharp football and they made too many mistakes to get out with a W.

proasu89
September 24th, 2011, 07:19 PM
The answer to a question above is 1988--I think.

Most moc fans are not crazy...we are proud of the improvements that have been made under Coach Huesman..feel that we are a national contender...will be playoff worthy this year...are still in the hunt for the SoCon..and are bummed out about the outcome of this game...2 years in a row ASU found a way to beat us...it stinks..but it is, what it is...but hey we are 2-0 in the OVC!

We lost to you 28-24 in 88 but it was in Nooga. Lost 30-9 in Boone in 83.

Mountaineer
September 24th, 2011, 07:20 PM
The tears. The deliciously sweet tears.

xlolx

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Doesn't fluke usually means it only happens once? UT-C's terrible kicking game was evident last year and it cost them again today. Was it really a fluke that ASU's D-line had BJ on his back all day? He threw 3 picks and one got taken to the house. That's your ballgame.

Chatty is a much improved team and they should be commended for that. However, Boone is a tough place to win. It takes 60 minutes of sharp football and they made too many mistakes to get out with a W.

I must have missed Coleman's 3rd pick. What I saw 1 team actually scoring an offensive TD. Actually getting into the red zone 5 times. And the other getting inside the 40 1 time. And still winning the game on one fluke play and 1 big mistake by the other team

Mountaineer
September 24th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Defense. xnodx

http://www.goasu.com//pics32/640/EL/ELWPGDXTAMFYZMC.20110924205841.jpg

xbowx

CharlestonAppFan
September 24th, 2011, 07:29 PM
I must have missed Coleman's 3rd pick. What I saw 1 team actually scoring an offensive TD. Actually getting into the red zone 5 times. And the other getting inside the 40 1 time. And still winning the game on one fluke play and 1 big mistake by the other team

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

man, mocsy, you are freaking hilarious bud. you don't stop, you don't quit, I'll give you that...I still don't know why people respond to you at all (like me now), but it's too dang funny not to read your crazy posts today after your team LOST :D

B&G
September 24th, 2011, 07:31 PM

So your failure to convert in the Red Zone was why you lost? Got it.

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 07:33 PM
So your failure to convert in the Red Zone was why you lost? Got it.

Nope should have been able to go 1-5 in the red zone with 1 FG and still win the game in shut out fashion. A bad snap is what cost Chattanooga the game.

Mountaineer
September 24th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Defense! *clap clap clap* Defense! *clap clap clap* Defense!

xlolx

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Defense! *clap clap clap* Defense! *clap clap clap* Defense!

xlolx

App's defense was the second best defensive unit on the field by a wide margin.

ASU_Fanatic
September 24th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Wow, Chattanooga has very much improved over the past few seasons. There is no doubt that we were lucky to win today, but good teams find ways to win...saying UTC was superior to ASU is crazy. We started like 3 freshman on the defensive side of the ball today I'm pretty sure. No way our offense plays that bad again this year, so it's a good feeling for an App fan to know your offense can have their worst game of the year and you still beat a top 15 team. THE ROCK caused this win today, good teams simply find ways to win games like this so as others have said: SCOREBOARD SCOREBOARD SCOREBOARD.

dgtw
September 24th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Nope should have been able to go 1-5 in the red zone with 1 FG and still win the game in shut out fashion. A bad snap is what cost Chattanooga the game.

So its your sucky special teams that lost the game.

Apphole
September 24th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Our defense and stadium/fans won this game for us. I hope Chattownmocs was at KBS. If you were, enjoy your miserable trip down the mountain, douche! THAT is how a real rowdy stadium does things. That was one of the most fun games I've ever attended. It's great to be a mountaineer.

Mountaineer
September 24th, 2011, 07:44 PM
xlolx

http://i.imgur.com/iarsh.jpg

ASU_Fanatic
September 24th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Our defense and stadium/fans won this game for us. I hope Chattownmocs was at KBS. If you were, enjoy your miserable trip down the mountain, douche! THAT is how a real rowdy stadium does things. That was one of the most fun games I've ever attended. It's great to be a mountaineer.I'd say there was a 99% chance he wasn's there since he posted throughout the entire game.

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Wow, Chattanooga has very much improved over the past few seasons. There is no doubt that we were lucky to win today, but good teams find ways to win...saying UTC was superior to ASU is crazy. We started like 3 freshman on the defensive side of the ball today I'm pretty sure. No way our offense plays that bad again this year, so it's a good feeling for an App fan to know your offense can have their worst game of the year and you still beat a top 15 team. THE ROCK caused this win today, good teams simply find ways to win games like this so as others have said: SCOREBOARD SCOREBOARD SCOREBOARD.

Saying that Chattanooga is and was the superior team is a blantantly obvious stadium. You have 3 freshman starters on defense? Wow really cool!! Thats menas what? Chattanooga had 3 defensive freshman starters on the d-line alone. Their best freshman d-lineman didnt even make the trip, and they still won the battle up front. You fail.

SpeedkingATL
September 24th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Bottom line is that it's just another win over UTC....

OldFootballGuy
September 24th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Saying that Chattanooga is and was the superior team is a blantantly obvious stadium. You have 3 freshman starters on defense? Wow really cool!! Thats menas what? Chattanooga had 3 defensive freshman starters on the d-line alone. Their best freshman d-lineman didnt even make the trip, and they still won the battle up front. You fail.

ASU 14 Chattanooga 12. You fail.

And you don't spell very well. And what is an obvious stadium?

Squealofthepig
September 24th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Saying that Chattanooga is and was the superior team is a blantantly obvious stadium.

That Kidd-Brewer, it's such a "blantantly obvious stadium."

ASU_Fanatic
September 24th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Saying that Chattanooga is and was the superior team is a blantantly obvious stadium. You have 3 freshman starters on defense? Wow really cool!! Thats menas what? Chattanooga had 3 defensive freshman starters on the d-line alone. Their best freshman d-lineman didnt even make the trip, and they still won the battle up front. You fail.What don't you get about this?

Appalachian State Mountaineers-14
Chattanooga Mocs-12

Mountaineer#96
September 24th, 2011, 08:09 PM

http://reluctantmom.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/posters17.jpg

Apphole
September 24th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Chattownmoc's *** hole is an obvious stadium.

ASU_Fanatic
September 24th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Seriously, as much as I want to brag and congratulate Chattanooga and their fanbase I simply can't because of this one user.

GATA
September 24th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Folks...let the man rant...this is ALL UT-C fans have. Their biggest claim to fame is how they ALMOST beat a bunch of really great programs. They keep complaining about how they got real close to winning games and everyone around them actually wins them...

It's a loser mentality. That's why they're UT-C and have never won **** worth mentioning. Don't try to make sense of it. You can't understand the minds of perennial losers.

asumike83
September 24th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Obviously superior teams do not lose to their inferior opponents twice in a row. A choke is a choke, no matter how you dress it up.

Mountaineer#96
September 24th, 2011, 08:21 PM
http://media.fakeposters.com/results/2011/08/05/sh0dromxgy.jpg

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 08:23 PM
ASU 14 Chattanooga 12. You fail.

And you don't spell very well. And what is an obvious stadium?

Staement. Yeah that was a spelling error

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Obviously superior teams do not lose to their inferior opponents twice in a row. A choke is a choke, no matter how you dress it up.

So if they choked that means they were superior. right

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Folks...let the man rant...this is ALL UT-C fans have. Their biggest claim to fame is how they ALMOST beat a bunch of really great programs. They keep complaining about how they got real close to winning games and everyone around them actually wins them...

It's a loser mentality. That's why they're UT-C and have never won **** worth mentioning. Don't try to make sense of it. You can't understand the minds of perennial losers.

Let me get this straight. Georga Southern isnt a great program, they arent meanningful? I agree.

asumike83
September 24th, 2011, 08:30 PM
So if they choked that means they were superior. right

No, superior teams don't choke. They win.

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 08:32 PM
No, superior teams don't choke. They win.

Fail. In sports the term "choke" means you failed to do something that you should have been able to do at a critical time, or you did something uncharacteristic at a critical time. You cant choke away a football game, unless you should have won the game. Case closed. This wasnt really a choke by Chattanooga, it was just blind, dumb luck by appalachian.

Mountaineer#96
September 24th, 2011, 08:35 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/31/53498212_6d5d00f6f4_o.jpg

Appstate03
September 24th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Scoooooore board!! Scooooore board!!! Scoooooore board!!!

This reminded me of a funny story. My roommate and I went to an App basketball game a few years ago at Gardner Webb. He is a very vocal fan and in a smaller venue is very noticeable. We were winning by a lot at one point so everyone got their earfuls from him. Then Gardner Webb made a little run and App called a timeout, but we were still winning. During the timeout the cheerleaders and mascot came over to our section and were dancing it up pretty good right in front of my roommate and pointing at him. All he did was yell SCOREBOARD SCOREBOARD a few times. The mascot turned, looked at the scoreboard, and put his head down and walked away like Charlie Brown. Still one of my favorite things to ever happen at a basketball game.

Now everyone ignore this moron and hopefully he'll leave. He just likes to get a rise out of people. He's pretty bitter since he has no friends and lives in his mom's basement.

asumike83
September 24th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Fail. In sports the term "choke" means you failed to do something that you should have been able to do at a critical time, or you did something uncharacteristic at a critical time. You cant choke away a football game, unless you should have won the game. Case closed. This wasnt really a choke by Chattanooga, it was just blind, dumb luck by appalachian.

Fail. In sports, the term choke means not being able to come through when it counts. Although you should definitely share your definition with LeBron, he would be thrilled to find out he is better than Jordan even though he hasn't won anything.

longtimemocfan
September 24th, 2011, 08:44 PM

Oh really ? I guess beating you last year wasn't **** right ?

Mountaineer#96
September 24th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Oh really ? I guess beating you last year wasn't **** right ?

Have to say I saw this coming, GSU fans should keep the dogging pointed directly at a certain poster not the UT-C faithful in general (since they are a classy bunch).

AtlantaMountaineer
September 24th, 2011, 08:56 PM
The Chatty fans I met at the game were very classy. Nothing like Chattownmocs. He is an embarassment to the school as a fan. I am sure he didn't have the guts to show up in Boone to see his "Complete Team" fail due to a lack of special teams again. Congrats to all the other Mocs fans for a hard fought game.

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Fail. In sports, the term choke means not being able to come through when it counts. Although you should definitely share your definition with LeBron, he would be thrilled to find out he is better than Jordan even though he hasn't won anything.

Do you actually believe this? If lebron James was another run of the mill player thatn his finals performance would not have been a choke. The fact that he is the best player in the world is what made it a choke. Do you and your entire fanbase really know this little about sports.

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 08:58 PM
The Chatty fans I met at the game were very classy. Nothing like Chattownmocs. He is an embarassment to the school as a fan. I am sure he didn't have the guts to show up in Boone to see his "Complete Team" fail due to a lack of special teams again. Congrats to all the other Mocs fans for a hard fought game.

Chattanooga was also better than App State on Special teams. As tey were in the otherr 2 areas. Once again, just because you got a fluke play doesnt mean that you are good.

asumike83
September 24th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Do you actually believe this? If lebron James was another run of the mill player thatn his finals performance would not have been a choke. The fact that he is the best player in the world is what made it a choke. Do you and your entire fanbase really know this little about sports.

Do I believe that LeBron is good but not as good as Jordan? Yes. Do I believe that Chatty is good but not as good as App? Yes.

boonegoon
September 24th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Chattanooga was also better than App State on Special teams. As tey were in the otherr 2 areas. Once again, just because you got a fluke play doesnt mean that you are good.

Please, just go away and let the adults speak.

Mountaineer#96
This thread is EPIC........xsmhxxsmhxxeyebrowx

Block-A
Don't y'all play Citadel next?

I hear they gave Elon a pretty good showing today. Went into overtime

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Do I believe that LeBron is good but not as good as Jordan? Yes. Do I believe that Chatty is good but not as good as App? Yes.

The question is do you even know what a choke is? If Shaquille oneal misses a free throw with a game on the line, that wouldnt be a choke. If Dirk Nowitzski misses one, that is a choke. Do you understand the difference. The inferior team that should have lost failing to win is not a choke job.

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Please, just go away and let the adults speak.

So were you better than chattanooga on offense? No, Defense, no. Special teams? No. You got one lucky break.

DP_ASU
September 24th, 2011, 09:06 PM
So were you better than chattanooga on offense? No, Defense, no. Special teams? No. You got one lucky break.

You can't argue your way into a Moc victory numb nuts. xlolx

boonegoon
September 24th, 2011, 09:09 PM

Our defenses didn't play each other , our offenses didn't either. BOTH teams missed easy chipshot field goals. Did you guys have a sack? No. Did App? yes. Go back and huff some more glue. Have you noticed that the other nooga fans aren't carrying on this way?

Block-A
September 24th, 2011, 09:10 PM

Perhaps you should try to look at this as a "moral victory" then, rather than a literal victory.

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Our defenses didn't play each other , our offenses didn't either. BOTH teams missed easy chipshot field goals. Did you guys have a sack? No. Did App? yes. Go back and huff some more glue. Have you noticed that the other nooga fans aren't carrying on this way?

And in spite of the lack of sacks you still got inside the 40 1 time and failed to score a point on offense.

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 09:13 PM

Perhaps you should try to look at this as a "moral victory" then, rather than a literal victory.

I look at is as a lucky victory for App State as it clearly was.

jmufan999
September 24th, 2011, 09:14 PM
chattownmocs... like a lot of people, you'll look back at your posts in about 10 years and realize how wrong/incredibly immature you're being. You're just flat out wrong. You don't respect ASU's program, maybe it's time you start doing that.

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 09:16 PM
chattownmocs... like a lot of people, you'll look back at your posts in about 10 years and realize how wrong/incredibly immature you're being. You're just flat out wrong. You don't respect ASU's program, maybe it's time you start doing that.

I think you have the events of a football game confused with your respect for a program. I dont care if they had won 28 straight national championships coming into this year, they were lucky to wi this game and were clearly the inferior team in this football game today, if not going forward.

boonegoon
September 24th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I think you have the events of a football game confused with your respect for a program. I dont care if they had won 28 straight national championships coming into this year, they were lucky to wi this game and were clearly the superior team in this football game today, if not going forward.

Thanks! Tool.

BisonFan02
September 24th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I think you have the events of a football game confused with your respect for a program. I dont care if they had won 28 straight national championships coming into this year, they were lucky to wi this game and were clearly the superior team in this football game today, if not going forward.

If you want respect in the FCS, respect your opponents and WIN. Take care of business, and the rest will take care of itself. The mocs LOST today. It was a good game, but when it's all said and done, all that matters is the scoreboard.

blackfordpu
September 24th, 2011, 09:22 PM
There is no luck, there is win or lose. Luck is not on a scoreboard or stat card.

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 09:37 PM
If you want respect in the FCS, respect your opponents and WIN. Take care of business, and the rest will take care of itself. The mocs LOST today. It was a good game, but when it's all said and done, all that matters is the scoreboard.

This is a message board.

phan
September 24th, 2011, 09:41 PM
This is a message board.

Only problem is you don't get the messagexbangx

AppAlum2003
September 24th, 2011, 09:44 PM
And in spite of the lack of sacks you still got inside the 40 1 time and failed to score a point on offense.

Offense didn't play particularly well tonight, yes. However, they didn't get as many opportunities because the defense kept them off the field by scoring so much.

MTBison
September 24th, 2011, 09:45 PM
This is a message board.

I feel sorry for the rest of Chattanooga's fans, you represent them poorly.

dgtw
September 24th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Appy's defense scored two touchdowns and yet Chatty's defense played a better game????

I went to the Jax State game at Chattanooga and had a nice time. The Chatty fans I encountered were nice and one even thanked us for visiting their city. So I'm not going to judge an entire fan base by one person.

PhoenixMan
September 24th, 2011, 10:00 PM
The funny thing is that I heard 3 different App St. fans complaining about Moore's coaching this afternoon, throwing him under the bus. Really?? You guys won, take it, and move on.

asumike83
September 24th, 2011, 10:08 PM
The question is do you even know what a choke is? If Shaquille oneal misses a free throw with a game on the line, that wouldnt be a choke. If Dirk Nowitzski misses one, that is a choke. Do you understand the difference. The inferior team that should have lost failing to win is not a choke job.

So let me get this straight, only superior teams choke? Damn, all this time I thought superior teams DON'T choke and that is what makes them superior.

UCMoc
September 24th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Appy's defense scored two touchdowns and yet Chatty's defense played a better game????

I went to the Jax State game at Chattanooga and had a nice time. The Chatty fans I encountered were nice and one even thanked us for visiting their city. So I'm not going to judge an entire fan base by one person.

App's special teams had one score and the defense had one score. Taking nothing away from their win. The Mocs defense was better. Their offense was pretty rough, but managed to put together a drive and a score (TD, there were two field goals, one miss, and one disaster). There is no such thing as a win for the defense and a loss for the offense and special teams. So congrats to the Mountaineers.

ASUG8
September 24th, 2011, 10:19 PM

Chatty L
ASU W

move on.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 24th, 2011, 10:20 PM
I have a feeling GSU is going to get "lucky" in a couple of weeks. Really lucky. And score 4-5 fluke touchdowns. :D

Skjellyfetti
September 24th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Nobody... and I mean NOBODY... can score fluke touchdowns like Appalachian State in Kidd Brewer Stadium. xbowx

UCMoc
September 24th, 2011, 10:25 PM
I have a feeling GSU is going to get "lucky" in a couple of weeks. Really lucky. And score 4-5 fluke touchdowns. :D

I realize that you are riding pretty high on App's win. Maybe even living through it today. But you need to remember, Chattanooga beat GSU down last year in embarassing fashion. So maybe just hold on for a few weeks there little fella.

Not to join the chatttown trash talking circus, but somebody has to be the voice of reason here.

UCMoc
September 24th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Nobody... and I mean NOBODY... can score fluke touchdowns like Appalachian State in Kidd Brewer Stadium. xbowx

We all know that there is no such thing as a bad touchdown. They all count. You still won. Now let's all just put the troll to bed. He's had a rough day.

asumike83
September 24th, 2011, 10:28 PM
App's special teams had one score and the defense had one score. Taking nothing away from their win. The Mocs defense was better. Their offense was pretty rough, but managed to put together a drive and a score (TD, there were two field goals, one miss, and one disaster). There is no such thing as a win for the defense and a loss for the offense and special teams. So congrats to the Mountaineers.

Your team played a very good game as well, App just took advantage of every opportunity we got. I hate that one very vocal person skews the image of your fans on this board, because every UTC fan I spoke to today was very gracious before and after the game. Good luck the rest of the year.

UCMoc
September 24th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Your team played a very good game as well, App just took advantage of every opportunity we got. I hate that one very vocal person skews the image of your fans on this board, because every UTC fan I spoke to today was very gracious before and after the game. Good luck the rest of the year.

Unfortunately I didn't get to make it this year...last minute plan change, but I was in Boone two years ago and was treated very well. It's a nice place and the fans were great. It's just not the best place to go for a win.

Skjellyfetti
September 24th, 2011, 10:32 PM
We all know that there is no such thing as a bad touchdown. They all count. You still won. Now let's all just put the troll to bed. He's had a rough day.

Yes. I hope my post didn't come across as ungracious. Was having some fun with this thread.

As I posted in the game thread... was really impressed with your team. Russ Huesman has our offense figured out. 2008 against Richmond and the game today were two of the most dominating defenses against our offense I have seen.

Also, I heard that BJ Coleman and Joel Bradford went out of their way to hunt down Jerry Moore and congratulate him on the victory after the game. They about both classy kids and great football players.

AppAlum2003
September 24th, 2011, 10:34 PM

I sit in 203 and strangely most of them keep happening right in front of me (JMU fumble, SCSU botched snap TD, Chatty botched snap TD, Jason Hunter/Marques Murrell strip and fumble return.)

UCMoc
September 24th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Yes. I hope my post didn't come across as ungracious. Was having some fun with this thread.

As I posted in the game thread... was really impressed with your team. Russ Huesman has our offense figured out. 2008 against Richmond and the game today were two of the most dominating defenses against our offense I have seen.

Also, I heard that BJ Coleman and Joel Bradford went out of their way to hunt down Jerry Moore and congratulate him on the victory after the game. They about both classy kids and great football players.

I don't think that anything that anyone says to our special needs fan is taken seriously. It's unfortunate, though, I learned to shut up for a little while when someone smacked me in the mouth....or lower.

Mountaineer#96
September 24th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I don't think that anything that anyone says to our special needs fan is taken seriously. It's unfortunate, though, I learned to shut up for a little while when someone smacked me in the mouth....or lower.

Well stated........xnodxxnodx

Silenoz
September 24th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Where's alexale? Doesn't he/she know someone is trying to take their throne?

B&G
September 24th, 2011, 11:58 PM

No, the question is do YOU know what "choke" means? Apparently not, so I will clear it up for you.

"(in sports) Fail to perform at a crucial point of a game or contest owing to a failure of nerve"

Nowhere in the real definition of choke does it say something about being superior. I'd say this definition describes the botched FG snap quite nicely. By the way, tell me how each of these stats contributed to the luck...

Chatty 30-32 rushing, sacked 4 times, -3 return yards

Terrierforlife
September 25th, 2011, 12:00 AM

Low blow. Seperate the fan from the team.

UCMoc
September 25th, 2011, 12:02 AM
No, the question is do YOU know what "choke" means? Apparently not, so I will clear it up for you.

"(in sports) Fail to perform at a crucial point of a game or contest owing to a failure of nerve"

Nowhere in the real definition of choke does it say something about being superior. I'd say this definition describes the botched FG snap quite nicely. By the way, tell me how each of these stats contributed to the luck...

Chatty 30-32 rushing, sacked 4 times, -3 return yards

Back in school, did you hide out in the bushes and trip the kids getting off the short bus just so you could watch them get all irrational and flustered?

We get it, you can make him talk in circles and look foolish. But it's kind of like the old story about what happens when you get into the mud to wrestle a pig. You look silly and the pig likes it.

My point is, if nobody responds it has to stop eventually.

Terrierforlife
September 25th, 2011, 12:04 AM
[QUOTE=chattownmocs;1682980]Chattanooga was also better than App State on Special teams. As tey were in the otherr 2 areas. Once again, just because you got a fluke play doesnt mean that you are good.[/QUO

Not so fast. Wofford turned the ball over often and early in the second round last yr. against GSU. Their defense earned every turn over. It's in the game!

GunsAndGuitars
September 25th, 2011, 12:33 AM
But seriously someone put this guy on suicide watch. Kidd Brewer stadium caused the "fluke plays."

You know...I remember reading somewhere that the fluke plays are how the Apps won in Kidd Brewer West last year too...does anybody else sense a pattern here?

SoCon48
September 25th, 2011, 05:28 AM

Yes, Jerry Moore said in his post game interview that Coleman came over after the game and congratulated him and ASU on the win.

SoCon48
September 25th, 2011, 05:32 AM
The funny thing is that I heard 3 different App St. fans complaining about Moore's coaching this afternoon, throwing him under the bus. Really?? You guys won, take it, and move on.

The App message board is full of that kind of stuff as well as criticism of Devon Presley. Some need to quit their day jobs and go into coaching. (Not) :(

SoCon48
September 25th, 2011, 05:39 AM

App's offense better get on track or several teams in the SoCon will give them all they can handle.

asumike83
September 25th, 2011, 07:21 AM
App's offense better get on track or several teams in the SoCon will give them all they can handle.

That is the truth. I don't know how many times you can run a keeper with DeAndre for little to no gain before you realize it is not working. The UTC defense was very strong but we need to get better at stretching the field to keep the SoCon title streak alive.

boonegoon
September 25th, 2011, 07:25 AM
That is the truth. I don't know how many times you can run a keeper with DeAndre for little to no gain before you realize it is not working. The UTC defense was very strong but we need to get better at stretching the field to keep the SoCon title streak alive.

Where do you think the problem lies? O-line, Pressley, receivers not being where they are supposed to be?

asumike83
September 25th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Where do you think the problem lies? O-line, Pressley, receivers not being where they are supposed to be?

It is hard to say. The O-Line seemed to be giving him a pretty good pocket. DeAndre missed an open guy on a few occasions, and we also had some young WRs drop very catchable passes. In any event, the coaches were not comfortable being more aggressive with the play calls, so we need a WR other than Quick to step up and earn the coaches confidence so we can make the defense respect the threat of a pass. If not, the strategy to defend us is simple: double cover Quick and stack the box to stop the run.

OldFootballGuy
September 25th, 2011, 08:10 AM

Chattanooga's linebacker said they knew exactly what ASU was going to do. I believe a Villanova defensive player said the same thing after last year's playoff game. That is a big part of the reason Presley looks bad; your play calling looks nothing like it did during your championship run.

asumike83
September 25th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Chattanooga's linebacker said they knew exactly what ASU was going to do. I believe a Villanova defensive player said the same thing after last year's playoff game. That is a big part of the reason Presley looks bad; your play calling looks nothing like it did during your championship run.

Yeah, losing Scott Satterfield was a huge blow to our program. He was a top-notch play caller.

AppMan
September 25th, 2011, 09:02 AM

BINGO! Lack of innovative play selection + young and inexperienced line + same for receivers + solid opposing defense (not NC A&T & Sav ST) ="s trouble moving the ball. The defense finally came out of its shell and showed what they are capable of. The 4 sacks and 7 QB hurries were huge. I doubt Coleman has been hit more during his career.

Laserlips
September 25th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Ref: chattownmocs posts..

You know being old sucks.. I'm almost 69 years old, I have an enlarged prostate, "piles" (can't spell hemorrhoids) and my wife is next door taking the new widower a pecan pie. No raises on my retirement check, or social security check last year, and probably none forthcoming next year.. The batteries in my hearing aid are dead again, but not sure that's a negative around here.

My dog won't come when I call him.

But no matter how depressed I get as my "three score and ten" approaches I can always come here to AGS and know that I can count on chattownmoc and his hilarious posts to cheer me up..

Thank you Mr. chattownmoc, you are either the funniest comedian "wannabe" I've ever seen, or the most disillusioned MOC fan in the history of the Chattanooga Moc football program.

Either way reading your rants always brings a smile to my face..

Keep 'em coming Sir ~xthumbsupx

Jesse

AppStsGr8
September 25th, 2011, 03:29 PM
"Luck means the hardships and privations which you have not hesitated to endure, the long nights you have devoted to work. Luck means the appointments you have never failed to keep; the trains you have never failed to catch."

Max O'Rell

"Luck" is something made in long days of hard work. App's offense was flat yesterday ... really flat. App's defense yesterday was superb with some young guys playing beyond anything I could have imagined for them. Yes, App was lucky ... hard work, constant practice, fan supported lucky. Go App!

AppStsGr8
September 25th, 2011, 03:45 PM

Agreed. We had several Moc fans come by our tailgate. We talked a little football, enjoyed meeting each other, and went to our respective seats to cheer for our own teams. I will not allow chattownmocs to discolor my opinion of UTC or other UTC fans.

eaglewraith
September 25th, 2011, 03:54 PM
I realize that you are riding pretty high on App's win. Maybe even living through it today. But you need to remember, Chattanooga beat GSU down last year in embarassing fashion. So maybe just hold on for a few weeks there little fella.

Not to join the chatttown trash talking circus, but somebody has to be the voice of reason here.

I wouldn't call pretty even stats an embarassing beatdown. We lost for pretty much the same reason you did yesterday. We had 2 turnovers and you had 0. I will complain about that bull**** roughing the holder flag though...that was ridiculous. However the stat lines from the game look very similar, no one team dominated that day. It was all about who made the least mistakes and last year that was Chatty.

UCMoc
September 25th, 2011, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't call pretty even stats an embarassing beatdown. We lost for pretty much the same reason you did yesterday. We had 2 turnovers and you had 0. I will complain about that bull**** roughing the holder flag though...that was ridiculous. However the stat lines from the game look very similar, no one team dominated that day. It was all about who made the least mistakes and last year that was Chatty.

I stand corrected. I went back to look at that one and I had you guys confused with a different one from last year. Despite having my reality corrected, I elect to continue to believe it was a beatdown. Good day sir.

Reign of Terrier
September 25th, 2011, 04:13 PM
The funny thing about play-calling....no one complains if it works. I'll complain when my team calls the fullback dive on third and 13 if we don't get it, but I'll sure as heck shut up when we do make it. History shows us that App has the typical complaints every year, then they play us and all of a sudden they're a top 5 offense again

eaglewraith
September 25th, 2011, 04:42 PM
I stand corrected. I went back to look at that one and I had you guys confused with a different one from last year. Despite having my reality corrected, I elect to continue to believe it was a beatdown. Good day sir.

Damn homers :p

Fear the Bird
September 25th, 2011, 04:55 PM
I cant believe you guys have given him 17 pages of attention for being such a sore loser

chattownmocs
September 25th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Ultimately, Appalachian State won the game On a tipped ball and a bad snap. If that isnt luck then I dont know what is. Chattanooga was the better football team from beginning to end. They are the superior team regardless of past history. App State has a big leg up on them in the SOCON race now, but regardless Chattanooga has a better team going forward and has a much better chance to make a deep run in december and into January. CHattanooga had the better defense, the better offense, and even played better on special teams with the exception of a long snap. They have the best defense in the socon and probably the best back 7 in America.

chattownmocs
September 25th, 2011, 05:17 PM
http://www.gomocs.com/newMediaPlayer/sl/console.htm?id=801013&oemid=17700&SPSID=88681&CLIP_FILE_ID=801013&type=vod&DB_MENU_ID=&SPID=10577&CLIP_ID=788274&DB_OEM_ID=17700

SideLine Shooter
September 25th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Ultimately, Appalachian State won the game On a tipped ball and a bad snap. If that isnt luck then I dont know what is. Chattanooga was the better football team from beginning to end. They are the superior team regardless of past history. App State has a big leg up on them in the SOCON race now, but regardless Chattanooga has a better team going forward and has a much better chance to make a deep run in december and into January. CHattanooga had the better defense, the better offense, and even played better on special teams with the exception of a long snap. They have the best defense in the socon and probably the best back 7 in America.

Man, you need to stop smokin that stuff or drinking that kool-aid, your brain is warped. A "W" is a WIN and an "L" is a LOSS.

chattownmocs
September 25th, 2011, 05:19 PM
After watching just how good the Mocs defense was yesterday, there is no team left on the schedule that can exploit the mocs one glaring weakness which is The O-line. Appalachian State capitalized on their lone advantage but still needed a miracle to win. The option offenses will be hammered by this defense.

chattownmocs
September 25th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Man, you need to stop smokin that stuff or drinking that kool-aid, your brain is warped. A "W" is a WIN and an "L" is a LOSS.

Man you need to learn how to read and respond to what you read. That post was about the future. There is no disputing who got the L and W yesterday. There also should be no disputing that the W was lucky. But what else do you expect from a fan base that cant tell the difference between poor execution and bad play calling. Between Defense and Special teams.

TwoFeathers
September 25th, 2011, 05:37 PM
After watching just how good the Mocs defense was yesterday, there is no team left on the schedule that can exploit the mocs one glaring weakness which is The O-line. Appalachian State capitalized on their lone advantage but still needed a miracle to win. The option offenses will be hammered by this defense.

How 'bout them GSU Eagles??

PS, I'll be rooting for the Mocs...

Baldy
September 25th, 2011, 05:40 PM

But you're 2-2 and haven't been impressive in any way whatsoever. Well, except in the way you lost Saturday. xeyebrowx

xcoffeex

chattownmocs
September 25th, 2011, 05:46 PM
But you're 2-2 and haven't been impressive in any way whatsoever. Well, except in the way you lost Saturday. xeyebrowx

xcoffeex

Chattanooga has been more impressive than garbage Georgia Southern every step of the way. Every team they have played has been better than everyone Georgia Southern has played. You have done absolutely nothing.

Block-A
September 25th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Maybe chattownmocs IS Russ Huesmann...?

"We should have never lost this football game, no way," said coach Russ Huesman, whose Mocs fell to 2-2 overall. "That team is not better than us."

http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/2011/sep/25/wssport01-mountaineers-defense-stops-mocs-ar-1428494/

BlueHen86
September 25th, 2011, 05:50 PM

I wish you guys well, but that is pretty bold talk for September. As was pointed out you are 2-2, and you have pretty tough conference games ahead. There is no guarantee that your defense will be that good every week. Teams have bad days, different match ups may no be in your favor etc. I know that it's cliche, but just take it one week at a time, see where you are in a month or so and then make predictions for the rest of the season.

BlueHen86
September 25th, 2011, 05:52 PM

"We should have never lost this football game, no way," said coach Russ Huesman, whose Mocs fell to 2-2 overall. "That team is not better than us."

http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/2011/sep/25/wssport01-mountaineers-defense-stops-mocs-ar-1428494/

That's football. ASU found way to win, good teams do that.

chattownmocs
September 25th, 2011, 05:52 PM

Or maybe we can both just see the obvious. Do you have a problem with something that he said? THEY SHOULDNT HAVE LOST THE FOOTBALL GAME!! he should have said "we are better than them" because that would be the truth.

jmufan999
September 25th, 2011, 05:54 PM

Wow, that's a good nugget.

BlueHen86
Chattanooga has been more impressive than garbage Georgia Southern every step of the way. Every team they have played has been better than everyone Georgia Southern has played. You have done absolutely nothing.

Except win all of their games.

chattownmocs
I wish you guys well, but that is pretty bold talk for September. As was pointed out you are 2-2, and you have pretty tough conference games ahead. There is no guarantee that your defense will be that good every week. Teams have bad days, different match ups may no be in your favor etc. I know that it's cliche, but just take it one week at a time, see where you are in a month or so and then make predictions for the rest of the season.

Chattanooga's defense has given up 14 points in the last 10 quarters. Both plays coming against Eastern Kentucky on fairely routine plays when our guys didnt make a play they were in position to make. This defense is downright stngy and will be so for the next 9-10 games

Block-A
September 25th, 2011, 05:55 PM
"little punk?"

lol

jmufan999
September 25th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Here's the thing, chattown... Sometimes, the best team doesn't win the game. It happens all the time. But it doesn't matter. All that matters is the final score. Chatty might be better than ASU, I didn't see the game. But it really doesn't matter, only the score does. I know those losses hurt (where you feel you should have won), but it only makes the wins that much more meaningful.

BlueHen86
September 25th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Chattanooga's defense has given up 14 points in the last 10 quarters. Both plays coming against Eastern Kentucky on fairely routine plays when our guys didnt make a play they were in position to ake. This defense is downright stngy and will be so for the next 7 games at least.

It sounds like you do have a stoudt defense. If so, you will have a good season in spite of yesterdays result.

chattownmocs
September 25th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Except win all of their games.

If simply winning games against poor competition is more impressive than winning some and losing some against great competition than I see that the football IQ of North Carolina is spreading accross all of the FCS nation.

chattownmocs
September 25th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Here's the thing, chattown... Sometimes, the best team doesn't win the game. It happens all the time. But it doesn't matter. All that matters is the final score. Chatty might be better than ASU, I didn't see the game. But it really doesn't matter, only the score does. I know those losses hurt (where you feel you should have won), but it only makes the wins that much more meaningful.

What do you not understand about a message board? This board could not survive if all anyone ever talked about was the final score.

BlueHen86
September 25th, 2011, 05:58 PM
If simply winning games against poor competition is more impressive than winning some and losing some against great competition than I see that the football IQ of North Carolina is spreading accross all of the FCS nation.

You'll have your chance when you play them head to head. As for the IQ comment - the idea is to win games. If you outplay every opponent on your schedule but lose you will not be in the playoffs. It doesn't take a high football IQ to know that the idea is to win.

chattownmocs
September 25th, 2011, 06:00 PM
You'll have your chance when you play them head to head. As for the IQ comment - the idea is to win games. If you outplay every opponent on your schedule but lose you will not be in the playoffs. It doesn't take a high football IQ to know that the idea is to win.

If the idea was simply to win every game than We would have scheduled Tusculum instead of Nebraska.

Baldy
September 25th, 2011, 06:01 PM
MmmmHmmmm...

Unimpressive wins against average OVC teams are about on par with Western Carolina, and you know what we did to the Catamounts last night. First things first. We have Elon next Saturday, and you have a fight against the Citadel to see who gets out of the basement of the SoCon. Good luck. xthumbsupx

BlueHen86
September 25th, 2011, 06:01 PM
What do you not understand about a message board? This board could not survive if all anyone ever talked about was the final score.

True. But you could have a little class and recognize that ASU found a way to win yesterday.

DJKyR0
September 25th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Really stepping up the insanity, chattown. I like it. Quite possibly my new favorite AGS thread.

chattownmocs
September 25th, 2011, 06:03 PM
MmmmHmmmm...

Unimpressive wins against average OVC teams are about on par with Western Carolina, and you know what we did to the Catamounts last night. First things first. We have Elon next Saturday, and you have a fight against the Citadel to see who gets out of the basement of the SoCon. Good luck. xthumbsupx

They are at least 3 tds better than Weak *** western Carolina. Fail.

Baldy
September 25th, 2011, 06:04 PM
If the idea was simply to win every game than We would have scheduled Tusculum instead of Nebraska.

Now we know why Chatty has sucked for the last two decades. xlolx

BlueHen86

You don't have to win every game (I never said "every" by the way, you did) but you better win enough of them to get consideration for the playoffs. Lose 3 more like you did yesterday and you are done, I don't care how good your defense is.

chattownmocs
True. But you could have a little class and recognize that ASU found a way to win yesterday.

Yes, they literally FOUND a way to win. Like a blind Squirrell finds a nut. Ill give them that.

BlueHen86
September 25th, 2011, 06:06 PM

According to you (and your coach) you were better than ASU yesterday, but lost. How many TD's better than a team to you need to be in order to beat them?

Baldy
September 25th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Being in the basement of the SoCon, is the true failure. xlolx

chattownmocs
September 25th, 2011, 06:12 PM
According to you (and your coach) you were better than ASU yesterday, but lost. How many TD's better than a team to you need to be in order to beat them?

A fluke is a fluke for a reason. Because it doesnt happen often.

BlueHen86
September 25th, 2011, 06:19 PM

If you are right, the Mocs will be fine. They might even win a game that they shouldn't.

chattownmocs
September 25th, 2011, 06:21 PM
If you are right, the Mocs will be fine. They might even win a game that they shouldn't.

There isnt a game left that they shouldnt win.

The Cats
September 25th, 2011, 06:23 PM
They are a joke. No points on offense. What a scrub team. Chattanooga will still be 9-2 as I said and Southern Conference Champions. Appy state will lose at least 2 conference games. Im not eating an ounce of crow.

One simple question. Why didn't you beat that joke, scrub team?

blueballs
September 25th, 2011, 06:28 PM
This is pure entertainment for free...

Chatty found a way to CHOKE in a statement game YET AGAIN. It must really suck to think your team is great and then s--t the bed and choke when a statement win and top 10 ranking is right at your fingertips.

I am really enjoying this little turd getting his pampers in a wad over his precious group of gaggers.

I know one other thing too... if you go to Statesboro and only have 30-40 yards rushing and 3 turnovers you're going to be toting a way worse *** whippping than what happened yesterday.

Chatty still has GSU, Furman and Wofford... so they're staring down another 6-5 season full of almosts and excuses- and no December football yet again. But I'm sure our little crybaby will be around to tell us all how his little team that couldn't almost did.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolx
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolx

Baldy
September 25th, 2011, 06:29 PM
There are at least a couple games left that they shouldnt win.

Accuracy.

AppStsGr8
September 25th, 2011, 07:01 PM

That quote from Huesman really surprised me a little. If UTC were truly the better team yesterday, they would have won yesterday. Each game isn't about which team is better or worse or has the best players or coaches. Each game is about who is better for four full quarters of football on the day the game is played. While there was not much pretty about the App State offense yesterday, Appalachian was the better team yesterday.

boonegoon
September 25th, 2011, 07:13 PM

Sweet. Now we are great competition! Before, we sucked.

dgtw
September 25th, 2011, 07:33 PM
If you are truly a better team, one fluke play will not cost you the game. You'd be far enough ahead where it won't matter.

SoCon48
September 25th, 2011, 08:37 PM
One simple question. Why didn't you beat that joke, scrub team?

Hammer squarely on the nail!

ASUMountaineer
September 26th, 2011, 09:28 AM
The funny thing about play-calling....no one complains if it works. I'll complain when my team calls the fullback dive on third and 13 if we don't get it, but I'll sure as heck shut up when we do make it. History shows us that App has the typical complaints every year, then they play us and all of a sudden they're a top 5 offense again

That's been true in the past, but that's because Brian Quick looks like Jerry Rice and Larry Fitzgerald's love-child when he plays WoCo.

To the playcalling, you're spot on. I did see some play calls I was really impressed with Saturday, even when they didn't quite pan out...but our O definitely needs to step up. I'll be in Sparkle City for the game...we'll see if Brian Quick can do it again.

ASUMountaineer
September 26th, 2011, 09:28 AM

I find you hilarious man, but not as much as all of the people who buy into it.

xoutofrepx

14-12

Sir William
September 26th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Appalachian 14, Chattanooga 12.

Doesn't matter whose defense is better. Doesn't matter whose offense is better. Doesn't matter if luck (which is a myth) had anything to do with it. The only thing that matters is the final score when the horn blows.

Appalachian 14, Chattanooga 12. End of story.

BigApp
September 26th, 2011, 09:40 AM
They are a joke. No points on offense. What a scrub team.

Well, lucky for us then that the rules allow for the defense to score points too! Damned progressive liberals, letting everybody and everything count these days. Jeez, back in my day only the running backs were allowed to score...

xrolleyesx

TheRevSFA
September 26th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Chattownmocs...it's about that time. The rest of the Chatty fans have been pretty classy on the board..however you need to eat some crow.

http://images.quickblogcast.com/3/2/7/3/1/121811-113723/eating_crow.jpg

StorminASU
September 26th, 2011, 10:11 AM

You are a whiny little baby and your ignorance is truly awe inspiring.

Scoreboard. 14 > 12, thus App State > Chattanooga. If it wasn't for you, I could support Chatty and the rise against their own past, but I hope they lose 3 more games and narrowly miss the playoffs again.

Despite your coaches remarks Saturday, I know Chatty has a class program with a class coach and quarterback....maybe you should start to emulate them a little and congratulate ASU on a hard fought, well deserved victory; after all, we did hold them to the fewest points since Nebraska. That's impressive considering we're such a scrub team incapable of distinguishing a screen pass from a field goal.

P.S. Since their back 7 is so good, maybe they could play offense too. Anything to score more than the opponent helps; for future reference, that's what actually decides who the best team is.

Waco Kid
September 26th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Your superior team is 0-1 in the SoCon and 2-2 overall.

Our inferior team is 1-0 in the SoCon and 3-1 overall.

Nothing else matters.

Waco Kid
September 26th, 2011, 11:22 AM
App's defense was the second best defensive unit on the field by a wide margin.

ASU Defense 14
UTC Defense 0

hmmm.....

StorminASU
September 26th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Your superior team is 0-1 in the SoCon and 2-2 overall.

Our inferior team is 1-0 in the SoCon and 3-1 overall.

Nothing else matters.

xoutofrepx

HighCountry
September 26th, 2011, 11:27 AM
ASU Defense 14
UTC Defense 0

hmmm.....

You should add a new quote to your sig "ASU got lucky!!!" - Chattown

TheRevSFA
September 26th, 2011, 11:28 AM
xoutofrepx

Got him for you

Waco Kid
September 26th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Done.

chattownmocs
September 26th, 2011, 11:43 AM
You are a whiny little baby and your ignorance is truly awe inspiring.

Scoreboard. 14 > 12, thus App State > Chattanooga. If it wasn't for you, I could support Chatty and the rise against their own past, but I hope they lose 3 more games and narrowly miss the playoffs again.

Despite your coaches remarks Saturday, I know Chatty has a class program with a class coach and quarterback....maybe you should start to emulate them a little and congratulate ASU on a hard fought, well deserved victory; after all, we did hold them to the fewest points since Nebraska. That's impressive considering we're such a scrub team incapable of distinguishing a screen pass from a field goal.

P.S. Since their back 7 is so good, maybe they could play offense too. Anything to score more than the opponent helps; for future reference, that's what actually decides who the best team is.

The better team is decided by your eyeballs if you have any football knowledge. But the app fans have proven as usual that they have no football intelligence. They do not fundamentally understand the game. The inferior team wins games all the time multiple times every week and this was clearly one of those cases.

chattownmocs
September 26th, 2011, 11:45 AM
ASU Defense 14
UTC Defense 0

hmmm.....

Does anyone from the state of North Carolina know the difference between defense and special. I really dont think they do.

DJKyR0
September 26th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Chattanooga was clearly the best team in last year's playoffs. Y'all need to use your eyeballs.

asumike83
September 26th, 2011, 11:57 AM
The better team is decided by your eyeballs if you have any football knowledge. But the app fans have proven as usual that they have no football intelligence. They do not fundamentally understand the game. The inferior team wins games all the time multiple times every week and this was clearly one of those cases.

UT-C is now the #1 seed in they eyeball playoffs! Where is that championship game played? I guess it could be anywhere really, since you obviously don't need a scoreboard to decide the winner.

DJKyR0
September 26th, 2011, 12:04 PM
UT-C is now the #1 seed in they eyeball playoffs! Where is that championship game played? I guess it could be anywhere really, since you obviously don't need a scoreboard to decide the winner.

Or a need to play the game, for that matter, as the outcome is decided beforehand.

ASUG8
September 26th, 2011, 12:05 PM

You've already dug your hole....no sense in pulling the dirt onto yourself anymore than you already have. Your team lost a game and while you believe that UTC was the superior team, we unforunately are forced under the rules of the game to keep score and everything that happened to result in points must be counted. I think most App fans would agree that ASU certainly didn't play their best offensive game, but I don't see anybody saying "we could have beaten UTC by X if scenarios X, Y, and Z occurred. UTC is a solid team and very worthy of a good ranking, but sometimes solid teams have less than their best efforts on a given Saturday. I would argue that ASU had a slightly "less bad" effort Saturday, as both have demonstrated capabilities well in excess of what was on display Saturday.

Travelinneer
September 26th, 2011, 12:07 PM

It didn't happen last year when we won in your stadium?

It has never happened to Furman (Miracle on the Rock)? Slip on the turf in the playoffs?

It has never happened to James Madison?

It has never happened to Michigan?

Reign of Terrier
September 26th, 2011, 12:17 PM
My eyeballs tell me that chatty had less points than App when the clock hit triple zero in the fourth quarter.

TheRevSFA
September 26th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Just lie to him and tell him that Chatty won so he'll go away.

Apphole
September 26th, 2011, 12:29 PM

And the year before, and the year before that, and the year before that. Ect

asumike83
September 26th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Listen, here is the accurate breakdown of the game:

2 picks from Presley: SUPERIOR defense from Chatt
2 picks from Coleman: FLUKE!

Sam Martin (2X SoCon Special Teams player of the week) missing a chip shot FG: SUPERIOR Special Teams from Chatt
Chatt botching a chip-shot FG and not even trying to pick up the ball while ASU scores a TD: FLUKE!

Holding ASU to 3.5 yards per carry on 40 attempts: SUPERIOR run defense from Chatt
Holding Chatt to 1.1 yard per carry on 30 attempts: FLUKE!

Holding Presley to 6.5 yards per pass attempt: SUPERIOR pass defense from Chatt
Holding Coleman to 6.4 yards per attempt: FLUKE!

Chatt keeping ASU offense off the board: SUPERIOR overall defense
ASU defense limiting Chatt to 12 points and scoring a defensive TD: FLUKE!

Both defenses played an excellent game and both offenses were thoroughly dominated. As is usually the case in defensive struggles like this, it came down to one or two big plays which ended up being 2 TD's scored by the ASU defense and special teams units. A great game to watch and as lively as I've seen KBS in a while. Glad to get away with the W and get the SoCon slate started off right.

appvette
September 26th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Listen, here is the accurate breakdown of the game:

2 picks from Presley: SUPERIOR defense from Chatt
2 picks from Coleman: FLUKE!

Sam Martin (2X SoCon Special Teams player of the week) missing a chip shot FG: SUPERIOR Special Teams from Chatt
Chatt botching a chip-shot FG and not even trying to pick up the ball while ASU scores a TD: FLUKE!

Holding ASU to 3.5 yards per carry on 40 attempts: SUPERIOR run defense from Chatt
Holding Chatt to 1.1 yard per carry on 30 attempts: FLUKE!

Holding Presley to 6.5 yards per pass attempt: SUPERIOR pass defense from Chatt
Holding Coleman to 6.4 yards per attempt: FLUKE!

Chatt keeping ASU offense off the board: SUPERIOR overall defense
ASU defense limiting Chatt to 12 points and scoring a defensive TD: FLUKE!

Both defenses played an excellent game and both offenses were thoroughly dominated. As is usually the case in defensive struggles like this, it came down to one or two big plays which ended up being 2 TD's scored by the ASU defense and special teams units. A great game to watch and as lively as I've seen KBS in a while. Glad to get away with the W and get the SoCon slate started off right.

Exactly! We could say "if it weren't for the low snap on the FG and Presley's fumble in UTC territory we would probably have scored an additional 10 points. UTC was lucky to have kept it so close."

CC Eagle
September 26th, 2011, 02:40 PM
The better team is decided by your eyeballs if you have any football knowledge.

Soooo... Does that mean Georgia Southern can have more NC flags for '88, '02, and maybe even '04? Those teams were the best I saw. At least that's what my eyes said.

Rekdiver
September 26th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I feel for the Chatty fans and their coach. When you are unlucky...well you are unlucky. They have a very good team and their defense is stellar. I truly feel sorry for them But we get the "w" and they don't. We spied 4 Chatty fans walking theough the stsdium lot and had them join us for wings and beer. Nice guys and we treated them like we would want to be treated. Only in the South gents does this happen.

blueballs
September 26th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Soooo... Does that mean Georgia Southern can have more NC flags for '88, '02, and maybe even '04? Those teams were the best I saw. At least that's what my eyes said.

The 1998 GSU squad was the best team we ever had that didn't win the title... and arguably the best team in the history of the division that didn't win the title.

CC Eagle
September 26th, 2011, 10:07 PM
The 1998 GSU squad was the best team we ever had that didn't win the title... and arguably the best team in the history of the division that didn't win the title.

Fair enough... Cross '04 off the board and add on '98.

Don't want to get too greedy.

Either way, by Chattown's standards, it should be a helluva party when we raise those 9 NC flags.

App-a-latch-un
September 27th, 2011, 12:14 AM
I've been looking forward to getting to this thread since I left the Stadium to make fun of Chattown, (yes, some people actually attend the games Chattown) and now that I've read all 24 pages I just don't see the fun in it.

It was an awesome game to be at, stadium was shaking. Big nod to App defense, the 12th man, and all the Nooga fans not named chattown.

And Russ Huesman, you can suck it.

CC Eagle
September 27th, 2011, 12:47 AM
I've been looking forward to getting to this thread since I left the Stadium to make fun of Chattown, (yes, some people actually attend the games Chattown) and now that I've read all 24 pages I just don't see the fun in it.

It was an awesome game to be at, stadium was shaking. Big nod to App defense, the 12th man, and all the Nooga fans not named chattown.

And Russ Huesman, you can suck it.

So, App-a-latch-un... since you were actually there, I'm dying to know.

How did it feel to get so utterly and thoroughly dominated by a team that didn't beat you?

It's ok. We all sympathize with your humiliation.

App-a-latch-un
September 27th, 2011, 01:16 AM
So, App-a-latch-un... since you were actually there, I'm dying to know.

How did it feel to get so utterly and thoroughly dominated by a team that didn't beat you?

It's ok. We all sympathize with your humiliation.

It was tough ya know. Fortunately I had 27k+ App fans there to pull me through.

gasoutherneagle
September 27th, 2011, 03:19 AM
Being in the basement of the SoCon, is the true failure. xlolx

+1

DP_ASU
September 27th, 2011, 05:00 AM
It was tough ya know. Fortunately I had 27k+ App fans there to pull me through.

Ooooh! Burn...haha

seantaylor
September 27th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Watch McKinnon and Izzy. These guys run faster than any Chatty guy with a bookbag. Huge game this weekend.

chattownmocs
September 27th, 2011, 09:40 AM
At first I thought that it was just the App State homers who didnt understand the game of football, now I realize it is FCS fans all around the country. To act as it if it absurd that anyone would suggest that the best team actually lost a football game is just sad. This happens all the time, and a clearcut case of this was Saturday at the "rock." There is no doubt about it.

StorminASU
September 27th, 2011, 09:47 AM
At first I thought that it was just the App State homers who didnt understand the game of football, now I realize it is FCS fans all around the country. To act as it if it absurd that anyone would suggest that the best team actually lost a football game is just sad. This happens all the time, and a clearcut case of this was Saturday at the "rock." There is no doubt about it.

Is it lonely being the smartest man on the planet, being surrounded by all these morons who barely deserve the right to read your wisdom from internet postings? I hope you find someone who can bear the burden of listening to you...because you're so smart of course.

SideLine Shooter
September 27th, 2011, 09:48 AM

xlolxxlolxxbangxxcoffeexxbeerdrinkxxbeerchugxxbaby cryxxdizzyx

Squealofthepig
September 27th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Is it lonely being the smartest man on the planet, being surrounded by all these morons who barely deserve the right to read your wisdom from internet postings? I hope you find someone who can bear the burden of listening to you...because you're so smart of course.

I'm with you, brother - is it my turn, or your turn, to anoint His feet with oil?

Waco Kid
September 27th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Does anyone from the state of North Carolina know the difference between defense and special. I really dont think they do.

OK.

ASU Defense 7
ASU Special Teams 7
UTC Defense 0
UTC Offense 6
UTC Special Teams 6

Feel better now?

chattownmocs
September 27th, 2011, 09:58 AM
OK.

ASU Defense 7
ASU Special Teams 7
UTC Defense 0
UTC Offense 6
UTC Special Teams 6

Feel better now?

I know what the score was and how the points came about. Im glad an ASU fan finally does too.

AppAlum2003
September 27th, 2011, 10:00 AM
OK.

ASU Defense 6
ASU Special Teams 8
UTC Defense 0
UTC Offense 6
UTC Special Teams 6

Feel better now?

Fixed it For You.