PDA

View Full Version : ShowingBlitz.com - ???

TexasTerror
April 19th, 2006, 12:58 PM
For the second year in a row to my knowledge, ShowingBlitz.com has pretty much come to a halt as it relates to their web site and the rankings that they provide of I-AA recruits. Last year, I believe they got through three categories (QB, WR, RB) and this year, they added a fourth.

Rob does a great job with the site, but does anyone know what issues he's having each year in "finishing the job" that he set out to do? I know when I was getting lists of verbals, I was sending them in to him practically daily and he did a relatively good job of updating it within 48 hours. So, what's going on?

Ronbo
April 19th, 2006, 02:17 PM
For the second year in a row to my knowledge, ShowingBlitz.com has pretty much come to a halt as it relates to their web site and the rankings that they provide of I-AA recruits. Last year, I believe they got through three categories (QB, WR, RB) and this year, they added a fourth.

Rob does a great job with the site, but does anyone know what issues he's having each year in "finishing the job" that he set out to do? I know when I was getting lists of verbals, I was sending them in to him practically daily and he did a relatively good job of updating it within 48 hours. So, what's going on?

I think it's really hard to evaluate any players beyond the skill positions. Plus I think he took a lot of grief about the rankings. He might stop doing it.

Bison77
April 19th, 2006, 02:29 PM
I think it's really hard to evaluate any players beyond the skill positions. Plus I think he took a lot of grief about the rankings. He might stop doing it.

Then he should state so on his site. :confused:

GannonFan
April 19th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Word is from another site that he's fine and he's still doing the ratings - just tied up with other stuff but he's fully intending on completing the ratings before the start of the year. Heck, the poster said Rob was actually watching videotape of offensive linemen so maybe he's just being complete in his assessments?

slostang
April 19th, 2006, 03:14 PM
I think for every @ss that gives him grief, there are 1,000 plus readers that really appreciate his effort. Rankings are always subjective. He at least takes the time to do them and puts them out there for others to read. I really look forward to his next release.

TexasTerror
April 19th, 2006, 05:13 PM
I think for every @ss that gives him grief, there are 1,000 plus readers that really appreciate his effort. Rankings are always subjective. He at least takes the time to do them and puts them out there for others to read. I really look forward to his next release.

Amen! It doesn't matter what his rankings are. They are fun for most of us to read and there's no one out there that does anything like it...Rob, the effort is appreciated!

Tribe4SF
April 19th, 2006, 11:08 PM

Watch the name calling there, Stang! I'm one who questioned some of his rankings. If he puts them up for discussion, are we all supposed to agree?

I think Rob got a little defensive at some of my questions and comments. He pm-ed me to see if I was an evaluator, which I'm not, but I know a little about football, and I love discussing it. Just because I question his rankings doesn't mean I don't appreciate his effort.

slostang
April 19th, 2006, 11:45 PM
Watch the name calling there, Stang! I'm one who questioned some of his rankings. If he puts them up for discussion, are we all supposed to agree?

I think Rob got a little defensive at some of my questions and comments. He pm-ed me to see if I was an evaluator, which I'm not, but I know a little about football, and I love discussing it. Just because I question his rankings doesn't mean I don't appreciate his effort.
I did not say people should not question his rankings. Discussing them and giving him grief about them are two different things. Discussing them is part of the fun. I have questioned some of them myself, but I am not going to attack him because he has different opinions than me. I also love discussing football and appreciate Rob's efforts. It sound like you do too. :)