PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan/AnyGivenSaturday.com Game of the Week: Week 5

bjtheflamesfan
September 21st, 2011, 08:18 AM
Here are your nominees for this week:

Holy Cross-New Hampshire
James Madison-Richmond
Appalachian State-Wofford
Massachusetts-Old Dominion
Weber State-Eastern Washington

Cast your vote then explain your reason why below

Apphole
September 21st, 2011, 08:25 AM
App State @ Wofford. These two teams have a combined 8 SoCon championships over the past 6 years. Two national title contenders with two of the best coaches in SoCon history. Unless the game is in Boone, it's usually a close, exciting game.

Smitty
September 21st, 2011, 09:14 AM
App State @ Wofford... 2 power house football programs going at it. The outcome of this game determines who will be fighting for SoCon control against Georgia Southern.

SpeedkingATL
September 21st, 2011, 09:29 AM
App State @ Wofford. These two teams have a combined 8 SoCon championships over the past 6 years. Two national title contenders with two of the best coaches in SoCon history. Unless the game is in Boone, it's usually a close, exciting game.

+1.

asumike83
September 21st, 2011, 09:33 AM
I think ASU vs. Wofford is the best match-up and it got my vote, but I am also very interested in how the JMU vs. Richmond game turns out.

UNIFanSince1983
September 21st, 2011, 09:36 AM
I voted for Eastern Washington-Weber State. Admittedly I did get a little confused because I thought this was the upcoming weekend. I figured it was big to see if the defending national champ would be dead or not. However, since it isn't this upcoming weekend I would probably vote differently.

darell1976
September 21st, 2011, 09:39 AM
Maybe if Eastern Washington was 3-0 but 0-3? Another loss and they are on the bubble.

OLDMAIN80
September 21st, 2011, 09:55 AM
App State @ Wofford... 2 power house football programs going at it. The outcome of this game determines who will be fighting for SoCon control against Georgia Southern.

Ditto

The Cats
September 21st, 2011, 11:04 AM
No one will care about Appy State after Chatty cleans their clock this weekend. Wofford better look out for Samford as well.

superman7515
September 21st, 2011, 12:35 PM
I call shenanigans. Holy Cross vs New Hampshire was never nominated, Delaware vs Maine was nominated twice, so even though it wasn't seconded, it should have first priority! xlolx

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 21st, 2011, 02:54 PM
I call shenanigans. Holy Cross vs New Hampshire was never nominated, Delaware vs Maine was nominated twice, so even though it wasn't seconded, it should have first priority! xlolx

Just because I didn't start wth "I nominate"....who are you Alex Trebek?

bjtheflamesfan
September 21st, 2011, 02:55 PM
Well you had a chance to fix that superman...so calling shenanigans and crying over nothing really isnt gonna do anything. If you think UD is in the game of the week for week 6, nominate it and have one of your buds second

ursus arctos horribilis
September 21st, 2011, 02:57 PM
Well you had a chance to fix that superman...so calling shenanigans and crying over nothing really isnt gonna do anything. If you think UD is in the game of the week for week 6, nominate it and have one of your buds second

I think you have what he is saying completely backwards but didn't go back to look.

ASUMountaineer
September 21st, 2011, 03:12 PM
Pee in the butt!

I kid, I kid...I vote for WSU and EWU...an 0-3 team totally deserves to be involved in the "GOTW" discussion.

superman7515
September 21st, 2011, 03:20 PM

Why so serious? I didn't even nominate Delaware & Maine, I nominated (and voted for) James Madison and Richmond. Do I really come off as that concerned about it? Haha. Maybe I should have put a smiley at the end of my post. Oh wait...

StorminASU
September 21st, 2011, 03:25 PM
Pee in the butt!

I kid, I kid...I vote for WSU and EWU...an 0-3 team totally deserves to be involved in the "GOTW" discussion.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that is weird and desperate.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 21st, 2011, 03:48 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that is weird and desperate.

You know, if you guys had jumped into the process then a few of us wouldn't have had to come up with what we did...buy ya didn't. You have other choices then by all means jump in on the next one. This is supposed to what AGS'rs want to see previewed.

It doesn't mean we think it's the biggest game in the nation that week.:D

Terrierforlife
September 21st, 2011, 08:58 PM
Wofford and App. will definitely be an important game. I do agree that not playing in Boone makes a difference. I've seen it and I believe it! See you at Gibbs!

StorminASU
September 22nd, 2011, 07:28 AM
You know, if you guys had jumped into the process then a few of us wouldn't have had to come up with what we did...buy ya didn't. You have other choices then by all means jump in on the next one. This is supposed to what AGS'rs want to see previewed.

It doesn't mean we think it's the biggest game in the nation that week.:D

How do we jump in and contribute?

superman7515
September 22nd, 2011, 07:42 AM
How do we jump in and contribute?

This was the thread that led to this poll, it changes each week, but the thread title is usually pretty similar...
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?93663-Vote-for-the-Football-Gameplan-AGS-Game-of-the-Week-for-Week-5

olejack
September 22nd, 2011, 09:12 AM
Appy and Woffy gets my vote. JMU and Richmond will be a good one too.