PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time an Ivy League school was favored to beat a CAA school in fball

VUCats02
September 19th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Just curious.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2011, 04:54 PM
I'm guessing Brown over URI recently? Maybe Harvard over Northeastern during the Fitzpatrick years? Besides that i have no clue.

VUCats02
September 19th, 2011, 05:33 PM
I don't know if they even have lines for FCS football - I've never gambled before, but if I were to guess a line for this Saturday, I would say UPenn -15 against Nova (this is taking into consideration the rivalry facotr, without it, would probably be upenn -18 to 20).

UPenn hasn't beaten nova in over 100 years (not an exaggeration - look it up!) They, for sure, will end that streak this weekend at Franklin Field. Nova is actually the home team, but it's being played at Upenn's stadium - don't ask me how or why. I've always had respect for UPenn's program, and they deserve it. They have made themselves into an Ivy League football powerhouse on a yearly basis.

Fair prediction?

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2011, 05:39 PM
I don't know if they even have lines for FCS football - I've never gambled before, but if I were to guess a line for this Saturday, I would say UPenn -15 against Nova (this is taking into consideration the rivalry facotr, without it, would probably be upenn -18 to 20).

UPenn hasn't beaten nova in over 100 years (not an exaggeration - look it up!) They, for sure, will end that streak this weekend at Franklin Field. Nova is actually the home team, but it's being played at Upenn's stadium - don't ask me how or why. I've always had respect for UPenn's program, and they deserve it. They have made themselves into an Ivy League football powerhouse on a yearly basis.

Fair prediction?

There are lines for FCS football and they should be out tomorrow or early Wednesday. I usually post Patriot and Ivy lines in the PL pick 'em thread once they come out. The Penn/Villanova line should be there.

Pard4Life
September 19th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Penn plays the Tribe next year...

Franks Tanks
September 19th, 2011, 06:54 PM
I'm guessing Brown over URI recently? Maybe Harvard over Northeastern during the Fitzpatrick years? Besides that i have no clue.

Harvard beat Northeastern 41-14 in 2004. They were probably favored that year.

WUTNDITWAA
September 19th, 2011, 07:09 PM
...probably when the CAA was still the A-10.

blukeys
September 19th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Harvard had Ryan Fitzpatrick and Dawson against Northeastern. It was a no brainer.

VUCats02
September 19th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Northeastern doesn't really count. Was talking about current CAA teams.

Ivytalk
September 19th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Penn will definitely be favored. But those who saw Penn lay a big steaming turd against Lafayette won't expect a huge point spread IMHO.

VUCats02
September 19th, 2011, 10:01 PM
My thinking is that if Nova lost by 11 to Monmouth at home and by 21 @ Towson, they most likely will lose somewhere in between those two numbers against UPenn at Franklin Field. I know it's a pretty complicated formula, but that's where my numbers are coming from.