18. South Dakota Coyotes 2-1 955 24
19. McNeese State Cowboys 1-1 846 23
20. Sam Houston State Bearkats 2-0 688 NR
21. Eastern Washington Eagles 0-3 594 10
22. Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks 1-2 568 19
23. Southern Utah Thunderbirds 2-1 546 NR
24. Murray State Racers 2-1 446 NR
25. South Carolina State Bulldogs 1-2 336 25
Others receiving votes: Liberty 332, Jackson State 260, Central Arkansas 249, Old Dominion 240, Youngstown State 228, Towson 184, Maine 105, Indiana State 102, Sacramento State 101, Holy Cross 82, Weber State 52, Bethune-Cookman 50, Tennessee Tech 41, Alabama State 41, Eastern Kentucky 37, Yale 37, Hampton 37, Elon 31, South Dakota State 27, North Dakota 26, Portland State 26, Cal Poly 23, Brown 20, Rhode Island 19, Western Illinois 18, UC Davis 13, Central Connecticut Stae 13, Stony Brook 11, Penn 10, Villanova 9, Dartmouth 8, Idaho State 7, Campbell 7, Delaware State 6, UT Martin 6, Lafayette 4, Monmouth 3, Southeastern Louisiana 2, Jacksonville 2, Dayton 1, San Diego 1, North Carolina Central 1.

smallcollegefbfan
September 19th, 2011, 12:49 PM
http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/TSN-DIV-1AA-POLL.htm

Squealofthepig
September 19th, 2011, 12:50 PM
South Dakota State 27, North Dakota 26, Portland State 26, Cal Poly 23

OK, this poll doesn't irk me as much as some... except for this string of four teams right there. Dear Cal Poly: We don't care if you won by 34, you're still the inferior team to SDSU. O.o

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2011, 01:04 PM
OK, this poll doesn't irk me as much as some... except for this string of four teams right there. Dear Cal Poly: We don't care if you won by 34, you're still the inferior team to SDSU. O.o

Keep in mind thats the end result of the voting. One idiot could leave Cal Poly out and mess up everything.

Squealofthepig
September 19th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Keep in mind thats the end result of the voting. One idiot could leave Cal Poly out and mess up everything.

Yeah, I know, plus it'll be in the 20-25 range for voters so there's always a lot of stochastic things going on (mathematically, still would love to see people vote for top 30 and then use that for a much more accurate top 25 to smooth out the randomness). Still a bit annoying, but it's a minor quibble. At least Villanova is (almost) not getting votes.

Sycamore51
September 19th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I'm not sure a win at home against YSU will put INST in the coaches poll or this poll. We're at 31 in one and 32 in the other, with an FBS and an FCS win and our only loss was at Penn St.

Fear the Bird
September 19th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I'm not sure a win at home against YSU will put INST in the coaches poll or this poll. We're at 31 in one and 32 in the other, with an FBS and an FCS win and our only loss was at Penn St.

Have to think a YSU win this weekend would go a long way towards getting you on more radars, and unfortunately forcing the coaches to look at the rest of the resume, saying hey they beat an FBS!

Side Judge
September 19th, 2011, 01:41 PM
How does Monmouth get fewer votes than Nova?

Squealofthepig
September 19th, 2011, 01:55 PM

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/1/19/129084463856778594.jpg

Fear the Bird
September 19th, 2011, 02:21 PM

How does Nova get any votes is the real question

Although they appear to be a legit top 10-15 squad this year, Lehigh absolutely throttled Monmouth who handled Nova on City Line Ave?

People are so lazy

katstrapper
September 19th, 2011, 02:35 PM
How in the world can anyone with an 0-3 record still be considered a Top 25 team?xbangx

Nice to see Sam Houston at #20!! xthumbsupx

apaladin
September 19th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Most over-rated, W&M, ASU and JMU. Most under-rated, Murray State.

crusader11
September 19th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Most under-rated, Murray State.

Agree.

darell1976
September 19th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Damn I thought we would have been ranked in this poll too.xlolxxlolx

darell1976
September 19th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Bison fans are going to hate this!! This poll makes the local news in Fargo!

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/334430

North Dakota State is ranked 12th, South Dakota 20th and North Dakota 21st. South Dakota State didn't crack the Top 25 but did receive some votes in the poll.

DJKyR0
September 19th, 2011, 05:54 PM
NDSU beat writer Kolpack alleges it's a case of mistaken identity:

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2011/09/19/the-fcs-coaches-poll-which-dakota-was-it/

Gotta love UND's first appearance in the polls being attributed to a mistake.

darell1976
September 19th, 2011, 05:56 PM

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2011/09/19/the-fcs-coaches-poll-which-dakota-was-it/

If UND would have beaten Fresno I think that would have deserved a shot in the polls, but a 5 point loss? Is there a list of who these coaches are and from what schools?

Squealofthepig
September 19th, 2011, 05:57 PM

I think as a general group we're all in agreement on the coach's poll having some serious errors, and likely multiple people switching up the two. (Also, with only twenty-some voters vs. 100+ for CSN and AGS, it's hard to correct stuff if one or two people mix teams up).

darell1976
September 19th, 2011, 06:04 PM
I think as a general group we're all in agreement on the coach's poll having some serious errors, and likely multiple people switching up the two. (Also, with only twenty-some voters vs. 100+ for CSN and AGS, it's hard to correct stuff if one or two people mix teams up).

Just one question...how is it that NDSU-UND get so mixed up? South Dakota-SDSU, Montana-Montana State doesn't get mixed up? Eventually in the future UND will have a ligitimate spot in the polls...are people going to cry foul every time UND shows up in the poll? (And like I stated before I don't think UND deserves to be in the poll...yet. Not without winning some games first).

Squealofthepig
September 19th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Just one question...how is it that NDSU-UND get so mixed up? South Dakota-SDSU, Montana-Montana State doesn't get mixed up? Eventually in the future UND will have a ligitimate spot in the polls...are people going to cry foul every time UND shows up in the poll? (And like I stated before I don't think UND deserves to be in the poll...yet. Not without winning some games first).

Oh, settle. We know you'll get there eventually.

With the coach's poll, I honestly think there are a lot of mixups and just plain errors in their submissions; last year Jacksonville seemed to get quite a few votes (instead of Jacksonville State) - hell, I even screwed that up once last year on a poll. (I got a nice "you're being a moron" note from the admins and it got fixed before aggregation).

Actually, that's a great request for the board - does anyone know or have access to any of the coaches or people representing the coaches who vote who can shed some light on the actual process? It feels like this may be delegated to someone and/or just hurriedly done/transcribed/submitted in a haphazard way. Maybe if we ask, they could improve it and make it feel more like a reliable poll, instead of just giving us all a chuckle and head-scratching session on Mondays.

No_Skill
September 19th, 2011, 06:12 PM

Who said it never happens with the other schools? I bet it has on multiple occasions, but I can only speak for the ND schools and it happens both ways. Just today I was talking with a friend of mine from Michigan who is a huge hockey fan (he even provides room and board to some Bismarck Bobcat players) and he mentioned that he thought one of his players received a scholarship to NDSU to play hockey. I of course corrected him.

darell1976
September 19th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Oh, settle. We know you'll get there eventually.

With the coach's poll, I honestly think there are a lot of mixups and just plain errors in their submissions; last year Jacksonville seemed to get quite a few votes (instead of Jacksonville State) - hell, I even screwed that up once last year on a poll. (I got a nice "you're being a moron" note from the admins and it got fixed before aggregation).

Actually, that's a great request for the board - does anyone know or have access to any of the coaches or people representing the coaches who vote who can shed some light on the actual process? It feels like this may be delegated to someone and/or just hurriedly done/transcribed/submitted in a haphazard way. Maybe if we ask, they could improve it and make it feel more like a reliable poll, instead of just giving us all a chuckle and head-scratching session on Mondays.

Or since North Dakota comes before North Dakota State alphabetically they pick the first Dakota they see. I think its funny to see so many Bison fans upset and spouting off how they were robbed votes, and Sioux fans are just sitting back, relaxing and taking in their 15 minutes (or at least 1 week) of fame being in the polls. Even though we don't deserve it, it will be a big confidence booster.

No_Skill
September 19th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Or since North Dakota comes before North Dakota State alphabetically they pick the first Dakota they see. I think its funny to see so many Bison fans upset and spouting off how they were robbed votes, and Sioux fans are just sitting back, relaxing and taking in their 15 minutes (or at least 1 week) of fame being in the polls. Even though we don't deserve it, it will be a big confidence booster.

You are making way too big a deal about the Bison fans that are "upset". I've seen a couple comments and really they aren't inflamatory.

Squealofthepig
September 19th, 2011, 06:30 PM
You are making way too big a deal about the Bison fans that are "upset". I've seen a couple comments and really they aren't inflamatory.

Yeah, the take on the board seems to be A) Coaches' poll? LMAO! and B) general, more quiet bemusement. Other than maybe one or two trolling Darrell (good-naturedly), the mood seems to be light-hearted.

Pard4Life
September 19th, 2011, 06:42 PM
All right... who voted for Lafayette? And Georgetown disappeared from the poll? Clowns...

Squealofthepig
September 19th, 2011, 06:46 PM
All right... who voted for Lafayette?

Penn graduates trying to save face, on Lafayette, I'm guessing.

Pard4Life
September 19th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Penn graduates trying to save face, on Lafayette, I'm guessing.

Makes sense... Penn had 10 votes!

JSUBison
September 19th, 2011, 08:04 PM

Both schools being relatively new to FCS at pretty much the same time is my guess. UofM and MSU been around a bit longer...

DJKyR0
September 19th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Gotta love it. NDSU's beat writer tweets this:

The FCS coaches poll: which Dakota was it? | BISON Media Blog http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2011/09/19/the-fcs-coaches-poll-which-dakota-was-it/

UND's SID responds:

Yup, the voters HAD TO be confused. Thats what we'll go with. No way @UNDfootball could crack that poll just on its own merit (rolls eyes).

and Kolpack responds.

I expect it from fb fans, but now I'm getting **** from an SID on a public domain.

xlolx

darell1976
September 19th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Yeah, the take on the board seems to be A) Coaches' poll? LMAO! and B) general, more quiet bemusement. Other than maybe one or two trolling Darrell (good-naturedly), the mood seems to be light-hearted.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24669&page=9

Originally Posted by Hambone

Not sure why everyone is getting so bent out of shape on this. If it was a mistake, then it will work itself out after this week I would assume.

tony

Bisonville Hall of Fame
While it has to be a mistake that UND is ranked, it's only annoying to me because NDSU's rank seems to have suffered from the mix-up.

They'll get it straightened out but nothing will beats winning.

Hambone is a Sioux fan and Tony is a Bison fan. Their quotes say what is going on at Bisonville. It is more than 1 or 2 "trolls".

Squealofthepig
September 19th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Hambone is a Sioux fan and Tony is a Bison fan. Their quotes say what is going on at Bisonville. It is more than 1 or 2 "trolls".

Still looks good-natured, and appears to be good for both programs. As they both agree - it'll work itself out.

I'm of the "don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" persuasion, though.

frozennorth
September 19th, 2011, 11:09 PM
I seem to have gotten into a twitter spat with the undsid ;0

Grizzaholic
September 19th, 2011, 11:20 PM
HAHAHA

Squealofthepig
September 19th, 2011, 11:31 PM
"Twitterspat". I know better than to look that up at Urban Dictionary!

Twentysix
September 19th, 2011, 11:33 PM
You should look up shazam (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shazam&defid=1761014)

Squealofthepig
September 19th, 2011, 11:34 PM
You should look up Shazam.

Isn't he the spokesperson for the Lemon Party?

Twentysix
September 19th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Isn't he the spokesperson for the Lemon Party?

The act of ejecting semen upon a female..or male unfortunately.. and tossing a handful of party glitter on them and yelling shazam! Your partner will be left with a mysterious trail of sparkle that will dazzle them for days to come.

shazam! Pretty sure that just happened to my ears, Skrillex just started playing.

Squealofthepig
September 19th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Ahh, sparkle - that goes great on my blue waffle!

AmsterBison
September 19th, 2011, 11:54 PM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24669&page=9

Well, I'm Tony and I don't see any reference in my post about NDSU fans being in an uproar. Most seem really, really amused. However, I'm assuming that like me, it bugs them any time somebody mistakes NDSU for UND (except hockey.) On the flip side, I'm sure that for UND it's like Chad Lowe getting mistaken for Rob Lowe or something :)

It would be fantastic if the local media and UND fans made a huge deal about UND being ranked in the poll and then have it revealed that it was all a misunderstanding. So, by all means, go crazy, mon freres! UND's SID should hold a press conference tomorrow and have the coach and players field questions. That would be AWESOME!

Twentysix
September 20th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Honestly, Could you imagine how the sioux fans would feel if the NDSU SID claimed we were at the frozen 4 cause it said it on a totinos pizza box? lmao....

Squealofthepig
September 20th, 2011, 12:04 AM
So, by all means, go crazy, mon freres! UND's SID should hold a press conference tomorrow and have the coach and players field questions. That would be AWESOME!

That WOULD be awesome, especially if AGS posters could submit questions. "Our first question is from a Mr. Chicken, and he asks... ummm, he asks... oh dear..."

I'm right there with you on getting annoyed at people who mistake one team for another - it speaks of unprofessionalism and a laissez faire approach to the voting process - if you're gonna vote, do it right and be sure your ballot matches what you're thinking.

darell1976
September 20th, 2011, 01:23 AM
Honestly, Could you imagine how the sioux fans would feel if the NDSU SID claimed we were at the frozen 4 cause it said it on a totinos pizza box? lmao....

Actually it was a Red Baron pizza. The Sioux could use this as motivation, by proving it wasn't mistaken identity.

darell1976
September 20th, 2011, 08:25 AM
This poll is really getting the publicity!!

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/334516/group/Sports/

“We went down?” Craig Bohl said. “Wow. I don’t vote. I used to vote so I kept more track of that.”

That made NDSU’s big fall even more of a mystery. It had veteran poll watchers wondering if voters got NDSU and UND mixed up. The Sioux went from not receiving any votes last week to No. 21 this week.

The poll has 28 representatives, all FCS head coaches.

Meanwhile, Bohl wondered if strength of schedule played into NDSU’s drop.

The mystery continues....maybe 48 hours or Dateline NBC can do a story on this...or better yet where is Scooby Doo!xlolx