PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 4

carney2
September 18th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Patriot League wins the Patriot-Ivy Shoot-Out.

Week 4 Games:

Liberty @ LEHIGH
FORDHAM @ Rhode Island
GEORGETOWN @ Marist
BUCKNELL @ Princeton
LAFAYETTE @ Stony Brook
COLGATE @ Towson

Bye: HOLY CROSS

The Patriot League is 9-7 Year-to-Date vs. OOC:

vs. Big East 0-1
vs. CAA 0-2
vs. Ivy 4-3
vs. MVFC 0-1
vs. NEC 3-0
vs. PFL 2-0

STANDINGS:
(Patriot League W-L is listed first, followed by overall W-L)

Georgetown 1-0, 2-1
Holy Cross 1-0, 2-1
Bucknell 0-0, 2-1
Lehigh 0-0, 2-1
Fordham* 0-0, 1-1
Colgate 0-1, 1-2
Lafayette 0-1, 1-2

*Ineligible for League championship and auto-bid.

RichH2
September 18th, 2011, 08:30 AM
As much as I loathe and despise and detest Pards , I just dont like Penn. great win for Pards, guess Coach woke 'em up Shoop may not know playbook but he can make plays. Will get to the picks after coffee

carney2
September 18th, 2011, 08:40 AM
As much as I loathe and despise and detest Pards , I just dont like Penn. great win for Pards, guess Coach woke 'em up Shoop may not know playbook but he can make plays. Will get to the picks after coffee

C'mon, Rich, you're like me. You "loathe and despise and detest" one day out of 365 or one week out of 52. The rest of the year you recognize that we are joined at the hip.

Bogus Megapardus
September 18th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Lafayette has played Penn something like 90 times. That's more than we've played most of the rest the PL; Penn has played Lafayette more than it has played several of its Ivy league-mates.

We are entitled by history to loathe and detest Penn (and to make triple-entendre avatars in recognition of sportswriter Paul Reinhard of the Express-Times, who had a heavenly premonition at breakfast that Penn would be toast[ed] by the end of the third quarter).

I am in the camp that likes to see the rest of the PL win (even Lehigh), even though I might refer to their undergarments pejoratively throughout the year. (Exception - I'm still furious with Georgetown and the LSN debacle.)

Ivytalk
September 18th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Lehigh
Georgetown
Rhode Island
Princeton
Towson (dynasty in the making)
Lafayette

DFW HOYA
September 18th, 2011, 09:27 AM
FWIW, Georgetown has not won at Marist in 12 years.

DFW HOYA
September 18th, 2011, 09:29 AM
(Exception - I'm still furious with Georgetown and the LSN debacle.)

The game's over, Bogus. Move on. Either that, or start the petition drive to expel Georgetown from the league for TV rights violations.

carney2
September 18th, 2011, 09:38 AM

Of this week's Patriot League games, the ending of that 12 year drought is about as close to a lock as we have.

Bogus Megapardus
September 18th, 2011, 09:41 AM
The game's over, Bogus. Move on. Either that, or start the petition drive to expel Georgetown from the league for TV rights violations.

I hope Georgetown loses the rest of its games this season, then watches the Big East devolve ingloriously in its midst. Yep, the game's over, DFW. Time for you to move on.

carney2
September 18th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Liberty @ LEHIGH – If Liberty is bringing their band, this will be worth a trip from almost anywhere. Be there! As for the football undercard, I'm picking what may not really be an upset.

FORDHAM @ Rhode Island – I expected more from the maroon Rams than I have seen. On the other hand, I expected less from the Rhody blue Rams despite their 0-2 record (losses to Syracuse and UMass). In this case less is more.

GEORGETOWN @ Marist – Georgetown continues to impress. Marist continues to...well...uh...be absolutely terrible.

BUCKNELL @ Princeton – The Bufs continue their trek through opponents from medi to ocre. If they can't beat SUNY Ithaca, they sure as shootin' can't down a middle-of-the-Ivy-pack Tabby.

LAFAYETTE @ Stony Brook – Are the Pards on the cusp of a turnaround or were they merely Sleepwalking in Philadelphia? The Seawolves should be stiff competition, but haven't shown much thus far.

COLGATE @ Towson – Goodbye Symonds. Farewell Sullivan. Now, Dickie B. has himself a one trick pony that hasn't played any serious defense in years. Could get ugly as the Tiggers breeze to 3-0.

RichH2
September 18th, 2011, 11:01 AM
C'mon, Rich, you're like me. You "loathe and despise and detest" one day out of 365 or one week out of 52. The rest of the year you recognize that we are joined at the hip.

Yup just dont let anyone else in on the secret

jimbo65
September 18th, 2011, 11:03 AM
As Nahtnan Hale said "Give me Liberty not a fictional bird"

Rams win this one for sure, hopeully the Bronx Rams.

Hoyas outfox the foxes

Tigers over Bison

SBU over Pards

Towson over Raiders

I picked Fordham because I am a fan. IMO the PL best chance for a win is Gtown. Who wudda thunk.

RichH2
September 18th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Very tough week for PL

Lehigh in a track meet over Liberty very close
URI FU well know Rams will win . I will go with PL Rams
Hoyas
BU over Tigers must play better than vs Nell
Pards on a roll they have a qb big win over Stony
Gate with Eachus wins w/0 eachus loses

ngineer
September 18th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Top game should literally be a LU LU, as Liberty visits Lehigh. Mountain Hawks squelch the Flames, 45-35.

Rhody Rams over the Bronx Rams, 28-24

Hoyas finally track down the Foxes, 24-14

Bison don't have enough, just yet, to tame Tigers, but should be close, 27-24

If Pards are able to overcome the stench of Franklin Field, the SBU unit should be no problem. LC 28-21 (a little sewerage treatment plant lingo for ya).

Colgate seems lost in the the desert. Not sure if Biddle can lead them out of their wanderings within next 40 days. Wouldn't have said this preseason, but have to go with Towson, 35-21.

Pard4Life
September 18th, 2011, 11:42 AM

Was that the last time Georgetown played there?

crusader11
September 18th, 2011, 11:57 AM
6-1 last week and 14-4 overall. This weekend's games...

Liberty @ LEHIGH...Lehigh without a doubt has the best offense in the league and one of the best in the country, but their poor special teams play will bite them in the rear against Liberty. Plus, not totally sold on their defense just yet.
FORDHAM @ Rhode Island ...Is Fordham really planning to transition to bigger time football in the near future? This is an average PL team at best.
GEORGETOWN @ Marist Georgetown in a laugher.
BUCKNELL @ Princeton Tigers looked good against Lehigh.
LAFAYETTE @ Stony Brook SB is one of the most undisciplined football teams I have watched this year. Lafayette may have found something in Shoop.
COLGATE @ Towson Even if Nate plays, Towson wins this one fairly easily. Colgate was VERY overrated coming into the season.

ngineer
September 18th, 2011, 12:02 PM
6-1 last week and 14-4 overall. This weekend's games...

Liberty @ LEHIGH...Lehigh without a doubt has the best offense in the league and one of the best in the country, but their poor special teams play will bite them in the rear against Liberty. Plus, not totally sold on their defense just yet.
FORDHAM @ Rhode Island ...Is Fordham really planning to transition to bigger time football in the near future? This is an average PL team at best.
GEORGETOWN @ Marist Georgetown in a laugher.
BUCKNELL @ Princeton Tigers looked good against Lehigh.
LAFAYETTE @ Stony Brook SB is one of the most undisciplined football teams I have watched this year. Lafayette may have found something in Shoop.
COLGATE @ Towson Even if Nate plays, Towson wins this one fairly easily. Colgate was VERY overrated coming into the season.

No question that is our achillie's heel at the moment. Big pressure on RJ Ryan to get things tightened up. Games against schools with a lot of skill people will expose ST weaknesses. It's something, though, that can be corrected.

DFW HOYA
September 18th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I hope Georgetown loses the rest of its games this season, then watches the Big East devolve ingloriously in its midst. Yep, the game's over, DFW. Time for you to move on.

Well, at least it won't be moving along in the Patriot. We're not welcome.

Wildcat80
September 18th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Lehigh has Liberty......tough OOC schedule! Good Luck!

RichH2
September 18th, 2011, 01:46 PM
RJ had better get these kids back to basics. Snap and place, stay in your lanes etc etc. Sadly STs seem to be getting worse so a not better

Seawolf97
September 18th, 2011, 04:00 PM
StonyBrook needs a "W" and it's Homecoming . Should be interesting.

Bogus Megapardus
September 18th, 2011, 04:39 PM
The league has some unusual matchups this weekend. I'm having a hard time making my picks here. Two Big South, Two CAA, an Ivy and a PFL. Oddly, no NEC games. Holy Cross and Lehigh are legit, Fordham seems tough but not quite what I expected. Bucknell looks improved, but Colgate is struggling. And what to make of the Pards? A fluke at Penn?

DFW HOYA
September 18th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Was that the last time Georgetown played there?

10/9/1999 W, 41-40
10/27/2001 L, 38-35
11/3/2007 L, 37-34
11/7/2009 L, 23-21

Bogus Megapardus
September 18th, 2011, 07:11 PM
At least the Hoyas will get to play in a decent facility with a respectable press box this weekend, which is nice for them.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/mari/graphics/tenneyStadium08-640.jpg

Any word on TV/video coverage for this one?

van
September 18th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Top game should literally be a LU LU, as Liberty visits Lehigh. Mountain Hawks squelch the Flames, 45-35.

Rhody Rams over the Bronx Rams, 28-24

Hoyas finally track down the Foxes, 24-14

Bison don't have enough, just yet, to tame Tigers, but should be close, 27-24

If Pards are able to overcome the stench of Franklin Field, the SBU unit should be no problem. LC 28-21 (a little sewerage treatment plant lingo for ya).

Colgate seems lost in the the desert. Not sure if Biddle can lead them out of their wanderings within next 40 days. Wouldn't have said this preseason, but have to go with Towson, 35-21.

So ngineer, 45 pts? We are gonna miss 4 extra pts this week?

Pards Rule
September 18th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Ah, so the Flame alights again in the Lehigh Valley after a 2 year absence! I was at the 2009 Lafayette-Liberty game and second Carneys point about the band. I just felt so sorry for those kids who had to turn around after a 9PM finish and ride back to Lynchburg, arriving at 4AM as projected by their coach.

ngineer
September 18th, 2011, 11:53 PM
So ngineer, 45 pts? We are gonna miss 4 extra pts this week?

Good one! I'm hoping for 6 PATs and a FG.

Looking forward to the Liberty Band. The Marching 97 put on a nice show at halftime at Princeton. Certainly not the caliber of a band like JMU, but as a club organization they do an admirable job.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Good one! I'm hoping for 6 PATs and a FG.

Looking forward to the Liberty Band. The Marching 97 put on a nice show at halftime at Princeton. Certainly not the caliber of a band like JMU, but as a club organization they do an admirable job.

The Liberty band won't be making the trip according to the Flames message board.

carney2
September 19th, 2011, 07:51 AM
The Liberty band won't be making the trip according to the Flames message board.

No point, then, in making the drive to Badman.

CFBfan
September 19th, 2011, 07:55 AM
At least the Hoyas will get to play in a decent facility with a respectable press box this weekend, which is nice for them.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/mari/graphics/tenneyStadium08-640.jpg

Any word on TV/video coverage for this one?

it was even "nicer" beating lafayette at the mutli sport field with a crappy press box and temporary seating bogus

ColgateTD
September 19th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Lehigh - home field win
URI - Rams too strong for Rams
G'town - no problem
Princeton - Bison still searching for game
Pards - I do believe they have turned the corner
Towson - our promising season is badly broken; looking ahead to '12

TheValleyRaider
September 19th, 2011, 04:40 PM
I knew I was forgetting something today. Running late on the picks, so I'll be brief

Another strong week for me (if not for the old alma mater), going 5-2, which makes me 15-3 so far this year

Liberty at Lehigh Lehigh Flames coming off a tough loss at JMU, Lehigh another strong showing, this time on the road at Princeton. To be brief, if Lehigh is as good as they (and most of the rest of us) think they are, then they should win this game on their home turf

Fordham at Rhode Island Rhode Island I'm not sure we've really learned anything about Fordham yet, especially when it comes to the scholarship impact, considering they've done pretty much as expected. To be brief, URI looks better than last year's CAA spoiler, while I'm still not sure Fordham rises above middle-tier Patriot League team

Georgetown at Marist Georgetown No real shame in losing on the road to Yale, especially if Eli is really ready to make a play at the Ivy League crown. To be brief, if the Hoyas are really improved, then Marist should not present a truly significant obstacle on the path to a 3rd win on the season, even with the Hoyas recent Poughkeepsie struggles

Bucknell at Princeton Princeton The Tigers hung around against Lehigh, while the Bison dropped one in Ithaca. Par for the course in both camps, I think. I wonder how Susan's squad will react after dropping their first game after a strong start. To be brief, the Tigers should be able to pick up their game again at home, while I'm still not sold on the Bison outside of Lewisburg

Lafayette at Stony Brook Stony Brook Just when I think I have the Leopards figured out, they go and punch Penn in the mouth. This pick suddenly feels much less of a sure thing (to the extend any of these things are). To be brief, I expect home field and a full complement of scholarships to push the Seawolves over their visitors, even if their offense may begin to find some life

Colgate at Towson Colgate The Raiders' season has been, in a word, disappointing. The defense in particular has looked bad, giving up over 30 points per game. Towson, meanwhile, is finally showing signs of life within the CAA. Tigers have never beaten Colgate, but I expect them to give everything they have on home turf. To be brief, this weekend is hardly make-or-break for the Raiders (really only the PL games matter from here on out), but a win (however they get there) could re-orient the ship for the remaining schedule

Go...gate
September 19th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Lehigh 26, Liberty 24

Rhode Island 31, Fordham 20

Georgetown 24, Marist 23

Princeton 20, Bucknell 16

Stony Brook 34, Lafayette 14

Towson 38, Colgate 22

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Bucknell at Princeton – This should be more of a game than it seems at first glance. The Bison played well, it appears, against Cornell. While Princeton remains in a rebuilding mode, I think the Tigers might be a little too much at home. (I just might have to stroll over to this game this weekend, rather than figuring out how to get out to Lawn Guyland.) Princeton 31-17

Lafayette at Stony Brook – On paper, the Pards match up a lot better against Penn than they do against Stony Brook, which has a roster full of FBS transfers and JuCo players. But Stony Brook lost to Brown, and that's all I'm really going on here. Lafayette's win at Penn was largely the result of the efforts of backup QB Andrew Shoop, who looks like a keeper. Shoop almost certainly will get the start at Stony Brook, although it hasn't been formally announced. Lafayette 24-21

Fordham at Rhode Island – Rhody is moving "down" to the NEC and Fordham is moving "up" to somewhere else. Their paths now cross. The Kingston Rams appear to have comported themselves worthily in losses to Syracuse and UMass. The Bronx Rams, just getting by Columbia (in a game I was able to watch), are going to have to yield at the intersection. Rhode Island 21-16

Colgate at Towson – Erstwhile Patriot League member Towson went 0-7 against Colgate during its short PL years and is 0-9 overall against Colgate. But what now has become of the Red Raiders? An exciting home win vs. Albany was followed by losses at Holy Cross and Dartmouth, which really have this program reeling. Look for Towson to feed off its dominating performances to date vs. Morgan State and Villanova. Towson 31-21

Georgetown at Marist – Hoyas' furious start last season was followed by a precipitous demise. The pattern might repeat this season as well given last week's lackluster performance at Yale. Can the Hoyas once again find the magic they had in their dominating, wholesale thrashing of the Lafayette Leopards the week before - a game described in apocalyptic terms by the Lehigh Valley press? Georgetown has never won in Poughkeepsie (unless you're counting women's squash at Vassar). Marist (with and for which I have personal ties and a soft spot) won convincingly at Sacred Heart to open the season, then fell to Bucknell and Dayton. This game will be the Red Foxes' home opener. I'm guessing that Georgetown = Dayton and Marist = Davidson. Georgetown, 21-14

Liberty at Lehigh – This is the Marquis (de Sade) matchup. It's going to be both high scoring and physically brutal. Liberty's loss to N.C State is cancelled out by its win over Bobby Mo, leaving the loss to James Madison as its bellwether. Lehigh's impressive wins over Monmouth and Princeton are marred only by an overtime loss to New Hampshire. If the Will Rackley-less line can keep QB Chris Lum's options open, I like Lehigh's chances here. Lehigh 37-34

Holy Cross – Coulda been in the Big East, but will take the week off instead.

Go...gate
September 19th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Bucknell at Princeton – This should be more of a game than it seems at first glance. The Bison played well, it appears, against Cornell. While Princeton remains in a rebuilding mode, I think the Tigers might be a little too much at home. (I just might have to stroll over to this game this weekend, rather than figuring out how to get out to Lawn Guyland.) Princeton 31-17

Lafayette at Stony Brook – On paper, the Pards match up a lot better against Penn than they do against Stony Brook, which has a roster full of FBS transfers and JuCo players. But Stony Brook lost to Brown, and that's all I'm really going on here. Lafayette's win at Penn was largely the result of the efforts of backup QB Andrew Shoop, who looks like a keeper. Shoop almost certainly will get the start at Stony Brook, although it hasn't been formally announced. Lafayette 24-21

Fordham at Rhode Island – Rhody is moving "down" to the NEC and Fordham is moving "up" to somewhere else. Their paths now cross. The Kingston Rams appear to have comported themselves worthily in losses to Syracuse and UMass. The Bronx Rams, just getting by Columbia (in a game I was able to watch), are going to have to yield at the intersection. Rhode Island 21-16

Colgate at Towson – Erstwhile Patriot League member Towson went 0-7 against Colgate during its short PL years and is 0-9 overall against Colgate. But what now has become of the Red Raiders? Losses to Albany, Holy Cross and Dartmouth really have this program reeling. Look for Towson to feed off its dominating performances to date vs. Morgan State and Villanova. Towson 31-21

Georgetown at Marist – Hoyas' furious start last season was followed by a precipitous demise. The pattern might repeat this season as well given last week's lackluster performance at Yale. Can the Hoyas once again find the magic they had in their dominating, wholesale thrashing of the Lafayette Leopards the week before - a game described in apocalyptic terms by the Lehigh Valley press? Georgetown has never won in Poughkeepsie (unless you're counting women's squash at Vassar). Marist (with and for which I have personal ties and a soft spot) won convincingly at Sacred Heart to open the season, then fell to Bucknell and Dayton. This game will be the Red Foxes' home opener. I'm guessing that Georgetown = Dayton and Marist = Davidson. Georgetown, 21-14

Liberty at Lehigh – This is the Marquis (de Sade) matchup. It's going to be both high scoring and physically brutal. Liberty's loss to N.C State is cancelled out by its win over Bobby Mo, leaving the loss to James Madison as its bellwether. Lehigh's impressive wins over Monmouth and Princeton are marred only by an overtime loss to New Hampshire. If the Will Rackley-less line can keep QB Chris Lum's options open, I like Lehigh's chances here. Lehigh 37-34

Holy Cross – Coulda been in the Big East, but will take the week off instead.

Bogus, a touch of editing appears to be in order. Colgate 37, Albany 34. ; )

van
September 19th, 2011, 09:28 PM
5-2 last week, 15-3 so far on the year.

Lehigh should beat Liberty, but will be a nail biter

Rhode Island over Fordham

Georgetown should handle Marist with ease

Princeton too much for Bucknell

Stony Brook over Lafayette, not a believer in the pards quite yet

Towson over Colgate, going with home team

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Bogus, a touch of editing appears to be in order. Colgate 37, Albany 34. ; )

My sincerest apology! :o It's fixed.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Apparently, Colgate's Nate Eachus will continue to be out this weekend vs. Towson.

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4437807

alvinkayak6
September 20th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Nate Eachus is equal to about .75 wins per game slash 200 yards per game played IMO. He is showing just how important he is to the Raider offense. McCarney is picking up a lot of the slack, but that team is built for RBs

carney2
September 20th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Apparently, Colgate's Nate Eachus will continue to be out this weekend vs. Towson.

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4437807

"He is out with the same injury that caused him to miss the Dartmouth game."

Could we get any more vague and cloak and dagger? Has the 'gate hired Dick Cheney as SID?

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2011, 10:42 AM
"Liberty University defensive lineman Asa Chapman was reinstated to the team by head coach Danny Rocco on Monday. 'I am excited for Asa that he is going to be able to return his focus back to the football field and help our program's quest to capture a fifth straight Big South title, to win in the postseason and become a program of national prominence,'" Rocco said.

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4437846

"Chapman was arrested for felony possession of a controlled substance and misdemeanor possession of marijuana among several other charges."

http://www.wset.com/story/15363311/lus-asa-champman-suspended-indefinitely

"Chapman committed to the [University of Virginia] Cavaliers in the spring of 2005 and signed with UVa last February, although he was given little chance of meeting NCAA eligibility guidelines in time to enroll in August. In fact, [Chapman's PG prep coach, John] Shuman wavered before taking Chapman, knowing that a sudden jump in Chapman’s test scores or grades might attract the attention of the NCAA.

According to Shuman, [Virginia defensive coordinator Mike] London volunteered to help place Chapman at a junior college or recommend him to the former UVa coordinators who now coach at Temple (Al Golden) and/or Kansas State (Ron Prince). West Virginia appealed to Chapman because of the [former teammate Bradley] Starks connection and of the flexibility it will afford him academically."

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/uvainsider/wb/102722

All this just in time for the Flames' trip to South Bethlehem, which will be nice for our Fine Feathered Foes.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 20th, 2011, 10:45 AM
In all honesty i don't think this decision will have much of an impact on the Lehigh game. His presence will be a bigger factor once Liberty starts conference play.

Based on the charges this kid could have been up to some real shady dealings.

Franks Tanks
September 20th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Asa Chapman

NCAA non-qualifier coming out of high school. Now an accused felon, and he gets a 3 game suspension. Classy program down there at Liberty.

May I say that the Liberty fans are great, and many appear to be against the decision to allow him to play. The players on the football team should practice what the schools preaches.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2011, 11:54 AM
If Asa Chapman committed to UVa in 2005, then did a PG year, then committed WVa, then went to Liberty, but is still just a junior, doesn't he have to be, like 27 years old by now?

ngineer
September 20th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Ironic that his name is "Asa" considering the founder of Lehigh was Asa Packer. Not a common name. His problems may be a distraction. Guy must be at least 24 years old by now. smh.

RichH2
September 20th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Does appear to be rather mild response to felony drug charges. Does not say much about a school spouting Christian values .You cant drink there but selling drugs is not a major problem ,if you are a football player.

tribefan40
September 20th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Liberty @ LEHIGH
FORDHAM @ Rhode Island
GEORGETOWN @ Marist
BUCKNELL @ Princeton
LAFAYETTE @ Stony Brook
COLGATE @ Towson
Bye: HOLY CROSS

Andy
September 20th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Asa Chapman

NCAA non-qualifier coming out of high school. Now an accused felon, and he gets a 3 game suspension. Classy program down there at Liberty.

May I say that the Liberty fans are great, and many appear to be against the decision to allow him to play. The players on the football team should practice what the schools preaches.

He's a team captain!

Liberty coach faces some persistent questioning re the reinstatement here (early in the interview and then again at the 22 min mark):

http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm?PID=10869&NewsID=7693

LC fans will note his thoughts on the "indefinite" period of suspension.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 21st, 2011, 12:01 AM
Now everyone can discuss the Asa Chapman controversy again on the Lehigh Sports Forum:

http://www.lehighsportsforum.com/

(P.S. F%%#& Nameservers.)

alvinkayak6
September 21st, 2011, 12:09 AM
Andy, aren't you familiar with how this works?

You suspend your player until the team's first loss. Then when you realize you can't go undefeated with him, you bring 'em back. Don't you remember LaGarrette Blount? Same situation.

CFBfan
September 21st, 2011, 04:21 AM
Andy, aren't you familiar with how this works?

You suspend your player until the team's first loss. Then when you realize you can't go undefeated with him, you bring 'em back. Don't you remember LaGarrette Blount? Same situation.

VERY different from Blount.....Blount wasn't arrested and didn't break the law off the field

Pards Rule
September 21st, 2011, 05:34 AM

Good God, when does that kid graduate? He has been haunting the other PL teams for forever and a day! There will be much celebrating on other campuses come May!

Pards Rule
September 21st, 2011, 05:40 AM

Huh?? As Tom the Cat would exclaim in T&J shows. I thought they went everywhere with the team? I mean they rode to Easton so why not Bethlehem? Too bad if its the case for Hawk fans. Should be an excellent game - the Flame fans I talked to at the Allentown hotel the next morning were impressed with the tenacity of the Lafayette team and were desirous of more matchups with the Pards and perhaps other PL teams.

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2011, 08:16 AM
Now everyone can discuss the Asa Chapman controversy again on the Lehigh Sports Forum:

The Georgetown TV fiasco didn't even get this much ink.

CFBfan
September 21st, 2011, 08:31 AM
The Georgetown TV fiasco didn't even get this much ink.

You alone Bogie have given it more ink!

Bogus Megapardus
September 21st, 2011, 08:33 AM
Huh?? As Tom the Cat would exclaim in T&J shows. I thought they went everywhere with the team? I mean they rode to Easton so why not Bethlehem? Too bad if its the case for Hawk fans. Should be an excellent game - the Flame fans I talked to at the Allentown hotel the next morning were impressed with the tenacity of the Lafayette team and were desirous of more matchups with the Pards and perhaps other PL teams.
The cost and logistics of a band and its equipment traveling 400 miles would be prohibitive, I think. Coming up to the northeast the one time was a novelty, but you can't do that every time. It's not like cramming the Marching 97 into a car caravan down Route 22.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3979/marching97.jpg

Besides, they need the money for Asa Chapman's legal bills.

You alone Bogie have given it more ink!
I have made it a priority (until something even more fascinating comes along).

RichH2
September 21st, 2011, 08:43 AM

Not so much LFN , tried logging on last nite and this AM no luck. Frustrating

Lehigh Football Nation
September 21st, 2011, 09:26 AM
Try again? Or clear out your cache. It's worked fine for me right now.

RichH2
September 21st, 2011, 11:18 AM
Thanks, just trie again and got on.

alvinkayak6
September 21st, 2011, 11:29 AM
Well, I don't know CFBFan. I mean that the player was suspended and immediately brought back after a loss. I'm saying it's the timing, not the crime.

ColgateTD
September 21st, 2011, 12:39 PM
Good God, when does that kid graduate? He has been haunting the other PL teams for forever and a day! There will be much celebrating on other campuses come May!

Unfortunately he graduates this year. Doesn't seem like he's been around long to me :) Wish he could stay on for another few years...without the injuries. He's not doing us much good on the sidelines. Hopefully he will be back at full strength for PL play.

carney2
September 21st, 2011, 02:01 PM

C'mon, PR, this is year 4. Subliminally, you are probably adding Jordan the Unpunished Felon Scott's 3 years and asking "When will this ever end?!" Believe me, the end appears to be near. With Eachus, they are a one trick pony that plays no "D." Without Eachus, they are even less. Still, they are one of our premier Curse teams and I currently rate Lafayette's chances out there in November at less than 50-50.

Speaking of guys who committed crimes - real crimes! - and were forgiven by their coach just so they could play in some silly football games, has anyone adequately replayed the Scott scenario and Dickie Biddle's role as disciplinarian? That one makes this Liberty case look like jay walking.

Pard4Life
September 21st, 2011, 02:24 PM
Finally, the relentless march of Branch-Scott-Eachus is over as no dominant RB is in place. Not like we will actually beat them...

carney2
September 21st, 2011, 03:24 PM
Finally, the relentless march of Branch-Scott-Eachus is over as no dominant RB is in place. Not like we will actually beat them...

Ah, but you know nothing of the incoming freshmen. And you're right, we won't beat them. John Loose just cannot figure out that rinky dink offense.

ColgateTD
September 21st, 2011, 05:07 PM
Ah, but you know nothing of the incoming freshmen. And you're right, we won't beat them. John Loose just cannot figure out that rinky dink offense.

But Carney2, we have McCarney so all is good in the Chenango Valley. He's the second coming of Sullivan, or maybe better. You are correct: watch out for the incoming freshmen. Biddle has a way of pulling a Jim Brown clone out of his #$$ every year :)

TheValleyRaider
September 21st, 2011, 05:07 PM

Jordan Scott started 2005 (Year 1 after Branch) 4th on the depth chart

I'll worry when it stops working :D

Fordhamanhattan
September 22nd, 2011, 11:14 AM
Liberty over the Engineers
The original Rams beat the RI ewes for the second year in a row.
Cosmo's old boys over Lewisberg
SUNY Stony Brook over The Leopards.
Towson pastes Colgate.
xbangx

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 22nd, 2011, 11:24 AM
12-6 for the year.

Georgetown 30 Marist 20 - I think the Hoyas are past the point where they lose these games.

URI 32 Fordham 24 - URI is a darn good team.

Princeton 34 Bucknell 20 - I was impressed by Princeton last weekend.

Towson 38 Colgate 21 - The Raiders really need a bye week.

Lafayette 24 Stony Brook 20 - The Pards are headed in the right direction

Lehigh 44 Liberty 24 - The Hawks have been waiting two weeks to take their frustration out on the Flames. Lehigh plays its best game of the season.

Bogus Megapardus
September 22nd, 2011, 11:32 AM
Still no sportsbook lines on theses games. They guys who handle FCS wagers might be thinking twice recently.

carney2
September 22nd, 2011, 01:24 PM
Homer lives! I thought it might be interesting to look at the two Patriot League vs. Big South games and how they are perceived in the two AGS Pick 'em threads. No surprises.

Patriot League Pick 'em:
10 folks pick Lehigh; 5 pick Liberty
10 people pick Lafayette; 5 pick Stony Brook

Big South Pick 'em:
3 people pick Lehigh, 7 pick Liberty
2 pick Lafayette; 8 pick Stony Brook

carney2
September 22nd, 2011, 01:26 PM
Still no sportsbook lines on theses games. They guys who handle FCS wagers might be thinking twice recently.

Anything for the Ivies? It occurred to me last week that we got complete lines for the first time this year. Could it have been because of a 100% Patriot vs. Ivy matchup?

kDex86
September 22nd, 2011, 01:29 PM
Went 5-2 last week, up to 13-5 on the season.

Liberty @ Lehigh
Fordham @ Rhode Island
Georgetown @ Marist
Bucknell @ Princeton
Lafayette @ Stony Brook
Colgate @ Towson

I don't like picking against Colgate, but their defense right now looks horrendous. Time will tell if this is just a typical "slow start" or if there's an issue that needs to be solved.

Leopard Loyalist
September 22nd, 2011, 01:38 PM
Liberty @ LEHIGH
FORDHAM @ Rhode Island
GEORGETOWN @ Marist
BUCKNELL @ Princeton
LAFAYETTE @ Stony Brook
COLGATE @ Towson

Bogus Megapardus
September 22nd, 2011, 01:48 PM
Anything for the Ivies? It occurred to me last week that we got complete lines for the first time this year. Could it have been because of a 100% Patriot vs. Ivy matchup?

Still nothing - although I do have Bethune-Cookman (-7) vs Hampton with an O/U of 54!

RichH2
September 22nd, 2011, 04:58 PM
Probably will watch tonite. Interesting video on Liberty site Rocco pregame. Seems its ok to get caught with cocaine and MJ ,if you have,t been caught before and if your a 385 lb DT. Game still should be fun. Liberty fans are avid but seem like good guys. Looking forward to meeting some on Sat. I don't care if it rains. I have my yellow poncho and a big flask

carney2
September 22nd, 2011, 07:57 PM
Probably will watch tonite. Interesting video on Liberty site Rocco pregame. Seems its ok to get caught with cocaine and MJ ,if you have,t been caught before and if your a 385 lb DT. Game still should be fun. Liberty fans are avid but seem like good guys. Looking forward to meeting some on Sat. I don't care if it rains. I have my yellow poncho and a big flask

Prediction of rain and no Liberty band - is this game on TV?

Lehigh Football Nation
September 22nd, 2011, 08:26 PM
Prediction of rain and no Liberty band - is this game on TV?

Lehigh Coverage: TV: SE2, Internet: LehighSports.com
Liberty Coverage: TV: Flames Sports Network (live national broadcast on The Family Network), Internet: ESPN3.com

By anyone's standards, it will be one of the best covered regular season FCS games anywhere this year. Equivalent to the coverage of the last regular-season game of the year for Lehigh (and "that school in Easton"), too.

crusader11
September 22nd, 2011, 09:33 PM
6-1 last week and 14-4 overall. This week's picks:

Liberty @ Lehigh
Fordham @ Rhode Island
Georgetown @ Marist
Bucknell @ Princeton
Lafayette @ Stony Brook
Colgate @ Towson

PAllen
September 22nd, 2011, 09:58 PM
Liberty @ Lehigh
Fordham @ Rhode Island
Georgetown @ Marist
Bucknell @ Princeton
Lafayette @ Stony Brook
Colgate @ Towson

Not a good week for the PL

crusader11
September 22nd, 2011, 10:53 PM
[/B]Not a good week for the PL

That's because the guys in purple aren't playing.

Bogus Megapardus
September 22nd, 2011, 10:58 PM
That's because the guys in purple aren't playing.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_liil7llsmB1qghfy5o1_400.jpg

Sorry. I don't know what's gotten into me lately.

ngineer
September 22nd, 2011, 11:43 PM

Gilmore has not aged well...

Bogus Megapardus
September 22nd, 2011, 11:53 PM

You think? That satchel he's clutching is rather . . . um . . . "evolved."

Bogus Megapardus
September 23rd, 2011, 12:10 AM
For your viewing pleasure:

Harvard (-2.5) vs Brown o/u 45

Yale (-12.5) vs Cornell o/u 41

Albany (-2) at Columbia o/u 44

Lehigh (-3) vs Liberty o/u 63

Rhode Island (-13.5) vs Fordham o/u 43

Georgetown (-5.5) at Marist o/u 38

Dartmouth (-20) at Sacred Heart o/u 45

Princeton (-5.5) vs Bucknell o/u 44

Villanova (-5) vs Penn o/u 42.5

Stony Brook (-4.5) vs Lafayette o/u 48

Towson (-14) vs Colgate o/u 51

Other games of interest:

William & Mary (-2.5) vs James Madison o/u 28.5

Boston College (-11) vs UMass o/u 45

Richmond (-1) vs New Hampshire o/u 44.5

UNH Fanboi
September 23rd, 2011, 07:29 AM

Other games of interest:

Villanova a favorite?? These lines must be based on Sagarin ratings or something. Penn should win that game easily.

I'm surprised Richmond isn't a little bigger favorite at home.

Bogus Megapardus
September 23rd, 2011, 08:16 AM
These lines must be based on Sagarin ratings or something.

Much of the guesswork probably comes from here (http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm). That or they just read AGS!

Take a look at the combined Massey projection for the remainder of the Villanova season:

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=8415&s=107811

BTW, Harvard is projected to sweep the remainder of its schedule and win the Ivy:

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?s=107811&t=3162

Lehigh, not surprisingly, is projected to sweep and win the Patriot:

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=4024&s=107811

Pard4Life
September 23rd, 2011, 08:36 AM
How coincidental... the Lehigh fans think the same thing!

jcmanson
September 23rd, 2011, 08:50 AM
Lehigh Coverage: TV: SE2, Internet: LehighSports.com
Liberty Coverage: TV: Flames Sports Network (live national broadcast on The Family Network), Internet: ESPN3.com

By anyone's standards, it will be one of the best covered regular season FCS games anywhere this year. Equivalent to the coverage of the last regular-season game of the year for Lehigh (and "that school in Easton"), too.

Umm, it's average for us, at best.

Bogus Megapardus
September 23rd, 2011, 08:56 AM
Umm, it's average for us, at best.

No it isn't. Lehigh's broadcasts reach a much broader, more populous and diverse audience. LFN knows full well that Lafayette has the best-covered games week in and week out, though. xcoolx

Channel 60 in the Lehigh Valley - Lafayette's flagship station - is a FamilyNet affiliate. Will we get into a Georgetown-like standoff with Liberty?

Pard4Life
September 23rd, 2011, 09:23 AM
Liberty 35, Lehigh 31... Flames can pass, Lehigh can't defend the pass and lacks the killer instinct. Looking forward to seeing this on the Flames Network.

URI 24, Fordham 21... URI has had some tough games and seems to have something, but Fordham never plays inspired.

Gtown 38, Marist 17... Hoyas will once again be league mates with the Foxes.

Princeton 27, Bucknell 20... Tigers will throw some new looks at a still young but progressing Bison team.

Stony Brook 30, Lafayette 27... Reality check for the Pards. No more element of surprise. Let's face it Shoop had an ok but not great day if you subtract those long plays. Our OL still needs to develop. And Shoop will likely face more pressure if he goes for the bombs. Defensively we are strong, but always struggle against power running teams. I see our D getting worn down and unable to get off the field on third. However, our changed mentality will keep this one close, but who knows what to expect if SBU shows up as the goon squad again.

Towson 34, Colgate 28... Gate seems to find new ways to lose, and I might be a tad optimistic here minus Eachus in this critical Patriot League showdown. Colgate has yet to hold anyone under 30 right?

jcmanson
September 23rd, 2011, 09:44 AM
No it isn't. Lehigh's broadcasts reach a much broader, more populous and diverse audience. LFN knows full well that Lafayette has the best-covered games week in and week out, though. xcoolx

Channel 60 in the Lehigh Valley - Lafayette's flagship station - is a FamilyNet affiliate. Will we get into a Georgetown-like standoff with Liberty?

We've been on ESPN3 every week this season. Every one of our games this season is on live TV. We routinely get coverage on ESPN gameplan and MASN as well as others. This is the first game of the year I'll have to fire up the laptop to watch it.

UIWWildthing
September 23rd, 2011, 09:48 AM

Other games of interest:

Towson's a 2 TD FAVORITE? On the road? Mind = blown

Lehigh Football Nation
September 23rd, 2011, 09:56 AM
We've been on ESPN3 every week this season. Every one of our games this season is on live TV. We routinely get coverage on ESPN gameplan and MASN as well as others. This is the first game of the year I'll have to fire up the laptop to watch it.

Understood, Liberty's TV exposure for a school in FCS could be one of the best in the country - with, in effect, a national network showing their broadcasts live and ESPN3 coverage for those who don't get that. But it's unusual for that to be paired with a home TV crew as well, which is what Lehigh is doing. That's what I mean.

Bogus Megapardus
September 23rd, 2011, 10:01 AM
Towson's a 2 TD FAVORITE? On the road? Mind = blown
Towson is at home this weekend. In fact, it's homecoming. The spread reflects Colgate being without tailback Nate Eachus.

But it's unusual for that to be paired with a home TV crew as well, which is what Lehigh is doing.
It's not really unusual - unless you're Georgetown, of course. In that case, it's prohibited.

jcmanson
September 23rd, 2011, 10:06 AM
Understood, Liberty's TV exposure for a school in FCS could be one of the best in the country - with, in effect, a national network showing their broadcasts live and ESPN3 coverage for those who don't get that. But it's unusual for that to be paired with a home TV crew as well, which is what Lehigh is doing. That's what I mean.

Ok. My apologies. I did not know they would be doing that. Yes, I guess you're right then in this being one of the "best covered" FCS games this season.

UIWWildthing
September 23rd, 2011, 10:17 AM
Grrr I knew that, I really really knew that.....I need more coffee stat

Bogus Megapardus
September 23rd, 2011, 11:05 AM
FYI - Lafayette will be covered again this week by ESPN3 and ESPN Game Plan (in addition to the usual outlets) - at Stony Brook beginning at 6:00 PM.

LUHawker
September 23rd, 2011, 01:02 PM

Any idea if the Family Channel is on Verizon FiOS? I can't seem to determine that.

jcmanson
September 23rd, 2011, 01:21 PM
Yes it is on FiOS. I can't remember the channel # off the top of my head. It is NOT in HD.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 23rd, 2011, 01:27 PM
Any idea if the Family Channel is on Verizon FiOS? I can't seem to determine that.

It is - it's how I've been able to scout them! xlolx

Bogus Megapardus
September 23rd, 2011, 01:31 PM
FamilyNet appears to be available on FiOS 242.

Go...gate
September 23rd, 2011, 03:09 PM
"He [Eachus] is out with the same injury that caused him to miss the Dartmouth game."

Could we get any more vague and cloak and dagger? Has the 'gate hired Dick Cheney as SID?

Hell, Ol' Dick would be a vast improvement over Dave Roach. We might even be able to play at Wyoming again!

LUHawker
September 23rd, 2011, 03:27 PM
FamilyNet appears to be available on FiOS 242.

Is that the same as Family Channel because FamilyNet's schedule did not show the Liberty-Lehigh game listed.

jcmanson
September 23rd, 2011, 03:30 PM
Family Net has been showing most of our games on a tape delay this season. Not sure if that's the case again this week.

van
September 23rd, 2011, 03:36 PM

Too much Boogie!

But that can't be a guy with a purse?

Bogus Megapardus
September 23rd, 2011, 03:38 PM
Too much Boogie!

But that can't be a guy with a purse?

You'll have to speak to the Men Who Wear Purple up in Woo about that. I'll neither ask nor tell.

van
September 23rd, 2011, 03:39 PM
How coincidental... the Lehigh fans think the same thing!

And Pards are predicted to go 5-6, which is much better than their fans think!

CrusaderBob
September 23rd, 2011, 03:58 PM

You'll have to speak to the Men Who Wear Purple up in Woo about that. I'll neither ask nor tell.

Keep it, Bogie. You may get LSN banned from Fitton Field too!

RichH2
September 23rd, 2011, 05:00 PM
Friday nite. Good luck to us all this weekend. Crusaders enjoy your week off.

Bogus Megapardus
September 23rd, 2011, 05:18 PM
Keep it, Bogie. You may get LSN banned from Fitton Field too!

Said I was sorry . . . I take it back.

Go...gate
September 23rd, 2011, 05:19 PM
Really hoping Colgate pulls itself together.

colorless raider
September 23rd, 2011, 05:48 PM
Really hoping Colgate pulls itself together.

Unlikely with Eachus out and a leaky defense and the usual poor special teams.

carney2
September 23rd, 2011, 06:36 PM
And Pards are predicted to go 5-6, which is much better than their fans think!

No one - absolutely no one - would have made - nor accepted - this statement one week ago.

Southsider
September 23rd, 2011, 07:46 PM
Friday nite. Good luck to us all this weekend. Crusaders enjoy your week off.

Somebody will need the good luck! It is 8:30 Friday night, and still pouring in Bethlehem. Hopefully the weather does not ruin a great match-up!!xbawlingxxbawlingx

ngineer
September 23rd, 2011, 09:20 PM
Goodman's new turf field drains pretty well, but with all of this (now 4" in the past 36 hours), could still be getting soggy, unless they have tarped which would drain a good amount off to the sidelines. Hearing all sorts of contradictory forecasts for tomorrow.

Pard4Life
September 23rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
Goodman's new turf field drains pretty well, but with all of this (now 4" in the past 36 hours), could still be getting soggy, unless they have tarped which would drain a good amount off to the sidelines. Hearing all sorts of contradictory forecasts for tomorrow.

Lots of air raining down on the Liberty and Lehigh secondaries.

CrusaderBob
September 24th, 2011, 08:17 AM
5 - 2 Last Week

13 - 5 on the Season

What a difference a week makes

Attention Lafayette Fans please step back from the ledge, exahle and allow the Colgate fans to step to the front of the ledge line.

Throw in some re-alignment talk and what a week!

Liberty @ Lehigh

Fordham @ Rhode Island

Georgetown @ Marist

Bucknell @ Princeton

Lafayette @ Stony Brook

Colgate @ Towson

Holy Cross - a bye week to think about realignment. So you're telling me is we coulda been in the ACC??? :)

Seawolf97
September 24th, 2011, 09:48 AM
The good news so far at StonyBrook is the weather - Game time 6pm should see temps in the lows 70's and 25 % chance of a shower. It is cloudy but dry right now in Suffolk County. Hopefully no drenching downpours tonight. Good Luck to the Leopards tonight !

RichH2
September 24th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Sat AM weather looks to be oK FOR GAME

jayhawkdaddy
September 24th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Liberty
URI
Georgetown
Princeton
Stony Brook
Towson

Ken_Z
September 24th, 2011, 11:41 AM
traveling, no time for picks this week. however, will make two quickies to demonstrate my undying support for the Bison and Lafayette's opponents.

Bucknell 23 @ Princeton 21

Lafayette 17 @ Stony Brook 28

RichH2
September 24th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Doing OK so far. Hoyas are destroying Marist 52-28, just heard score on the radio

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 03:35 PM
Doing OK so far. Hoyas are destroying Marist 52-28, just heard score on the radio

Boo. Hiss. Razz.

crusader11
September 24th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Lehigh smokes Monmouth and then Monmouth defeats CCSU. Guess all that talk of the NEC being on par with the Patriot League can be put to rest now.

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Lehigh smokes Monmouth and then Monmouth defeats CCSU. Guess all that talk of the NEC being on par with the Patriot League can be put to rest now.

Read the other thread. Forget the Patriot; apparently the NEC now totally dominates the Ivy League, year in and year out. They wouldn't post it if it weren't true!

Sader87
September 24th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I don't like the PL...but I'm starting to really dislike the NEC and its posters here.

crusader11
September 24th, 2011, 04:05 PM
I don't like the PL...but I'm starting to really dislike the NEC and its posters here.

At least PL posters are some of the wittiest guys on the board and make threads fun to read. The NEC guys are always beating their chests. Methinks they're a tad insecure about where they currently stand in the world of FCS football.

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Methinks they're a tad insecure

DSM IV - phenii de minimis - it's been studied.

401ks
September 24th, 2011, 04:39 PM
At least PL posters are some of the wittiest guys on the board and make threads fun to read. The NEC guys are always beating their chests. Methinks they're a tad insecure about where they currently stand in the world of FCS football.

:o

aceinthehole
September 24th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Please. Patriot and Ivy fans are just a tad defensive because the NEC continues to score wins against them head-to-head.

Colgate fans seem to be the only ones with a sense of class and reality.u

Fordham
September 24th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Please. Patriot and Ivy fans are just a tad defensive because the NEC continues to score wins against them head-to-head.

Colgate fans seem to be the only ones with a sense of class and reality.u

Really? We've had much respect for the NEC for years. Learned it the hard way v. Albany a few years back.

aceinthehole
September 24th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Really? We've had much respect for the NEC for years. Learned it the hard way v. Albany a few years back.

Gate fans seem to be the best. A few Fordham fans think Lombardi is still there and you should play at Yankee Stadium. A few fans seem to fit in with the Holy Cross guys always talking about the 'glory days' But yes a few of you Fordham guys seem to be open minded.

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Bucknell 34-9 over Princeton is the real shocker of the week. The Bovinae have to be thrilled tonight. Ken_Z went 2-for-2 in his truncated selections.

bison137
September 24th, 2011, 08:39 PM
traveling, no time for picks this week. however, will make two quickies to demonstrate my undying support for the Bison and Lafayette's opponents.

Bucknell 23 @ Princeton 21

Lafayette 17 @ Stony Brook 28

Hard to believe you were so pessimistic about the Bison and so optimistic about the Pards. :)

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Hard to believe you were so pessimistic about the Bison and so optimistic about the Pards. :)

It's a new world order, I swear.

colorless raider
September 24th, 2011, 08:53 PM
It's a new world order, I swear.

So will I and it sucks.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 25th, 2011, 12:06 AM
12-6 for the year.

Georgetown 30 Marist 20 - I think the Hoyas are past the point where they lose these games.

URI 32 Fordham 24 - URI is a darn good team.

Princeton 34 Bucknell 20 - I was impressed by Princeton last weekend.

Towson 38 Colgate 21 - The Raiders really need a bye week.

Lafayette 24 Stony Brook 20 - The Pards are headed in the right direction

Lehigh 44 Liberty 24 - The Hawks have been waiting two weeks to take their frustration out on the Flames. Lehigh plays its best game of the season.

Not a terrible week, 4-2. The Lafayette pick was a bit of a reach and I missed badly on Princeton.

ngineer
September 25th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Not a terrible week, 4-2. The Lafayette pick was a bit of a reach and I missed badly on Princeton.

It also was not our best game of the season. We have a lot of clean-up to do. But there are good signs that our STs are improving, despite some faux pas there as well.

ColgateTD
September 25th, 2011, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE=CrusaderBob;168141
Attention Lafayette Fans please step back from the ledge, exahle and allow the Colgate fans to step to the front of the ledge line.

I am now stepping to the front of the ledge :(