AGSPoll
September 17th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Sorry so late guys just got in from the App night game.xdontknowx

Cocky
September 18th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Vote, vote, vote

Gil Dobie
September 18th, 2011, 10:25 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9Drshwert1K_q5FCBD3xiegnvJC8T6 H8vPFPq_vq6q0IRHBoI5g

GeauxLions94
September 18th, 2011, 11:53 AM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9Drshwert1K_q5FCBD3xiegnvJC8T6 H8vPFPq_vq6q0IRHBoI5g

Me too! Harvard No. 1 xsmiley_wix

Squealofthepig
September 18th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Most significant win/loss were harder for me this week than most; so many of each (and I'm sure I've missed some)

Wins: Indiana State, JMU, Chattanooga, Lehigh, Tennessee Tech, Maine (all road wins)

Losses: EWU, SDSU, North Dakota (though significant more for how well they played), Central Arkansas, Sacramento State, Delaware State, EKU, Pennsylvania...

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Wins: Indiana State, JMU, Chattanooga, Lehigh, Tennessee Tech, Maine (all road wins)

Losses: EWU, SDSU, North Dakota (though significant more for how well they played), Central Arkansas, Sacramento State, Delaware State, EKU, Pennsylvania...

Great lists. I went with Indiana State. I need to look up when their last FBS win was. I feel like they didn't even play FBS teams for a long time.

EWU got my other nod. Going to 0-3 and 0-1 is not good and very significant in my book. SDSU may have gotten the nod had SUU converted their 2 pt conversion in week 1.

bojeta
September 18th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Where is the link to the poll? Or do we just send a list? The first week a link was available.

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2011, 12:22 PM
At the bottom right corner of every page :)

bojeta
September 18th, 2011, 12:28 PM
At the bottom right corner of every page :)

Thanks!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Just got back from church...and voted!!

TexasTerror
September 18th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Voted...

Curious to see how people slotted Indiana State (with their blowout of an FBS opponent), Central Arkansas/Sam Houston (after SHSU beat the previously ranked UCA squad pretty handily) and Maine (hey - they beat Albany on the road!).

Squealofthepig
September 18th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Voted...

Curious to see how people slotted Indiana State (with their blowout of an FBS opponent), Central Arkansas/Sam Houston (after SHSU beat the previously ranked UCA squad pretty handily) and Maine (hey - they beat Albany on the road!).

Just my vote, but for these:

Indiana State wound up at 18. It could have been anything from about 16-25. The Sycamores lost at College Station, then beat Butler and FBS WKU, convincingly (four touchdowns? nice). Is it a fluke? Quite possibly, but impossible for me not to reward the sycamores.

SHSU was at 21. The win over WIU may look a bit devalued now, but it's still a win, and the three touchdown win over CA with an undefeated record made it impossible to not rank the Bearkats. But with only two games, I had a tough time figuring where to put SHSU.

Maine I had at 24 - a very solid road win.

Again, 15-25 was tough; I wound up probably overvaluing road wins and home losses, but being early there's still a lot of guesswork. Indiana State vs. Youngstown State (just outside my top 25) will be telling next week, while Maine gets a week to prepare for a visit from the Fightin' Blue Hens. SHSU vs. New Mexico - as you said in your preview - will be a great opportunity for the Bearkats to pick up an FBS win.

401ks
September 18th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Just my vote, but for these:

Indiana State wound up at 18. It could have been anything from about 16-25. The Sycamores lost at College Station, then beat Butler and FBS WKU, convincingly (four touchdowns? nice). Is it a fluke? Quite possibly, but impossible for me not to reward the sycamores.

SHSU was at 21. The win over WIU may look a bit devalued now, but it's still a win, and the three touchdown win over CA with an undefeated record made it impossible to not rank the Bearkats. But with only two games, I had a tough time figuring where to put SHSU.

Maine I had at 24 - a very solid road win.

Again, 15-25 was tough; I wound up probably overvaluing road wins and home losses, but being early there's still a lot of guesswork. Indiana State vs. Youngstown State (just outside my top 25) will be telling next week, while Maine gets a week to prepare for a visit from the Fightin' Blue Hens. SHSU vs. New Mexico - as you said in your preview - will be a great opportunity for the Bearkats to pick up an FBS win.

Yeah, as usual it's tough when you get close to #25.

I ended up with Indiana State at #25, and Sam Houston State at #23.

Youngstown State and Maine were just outside my Top 25, and I felt bad leaving them off. As you mentioned, both teams will have the opportunity to prove themselves in their next games.

xthumbsupx

cpalum
September 18th, 2011, 01:54 PM
A question to you voters....am I crazy to think that Cal Poly might crack the top 30 or so with a 1-2 record? I am not really trying to be over homerish but it is fair to note that theit two losses were both on the road. One to Montana (Im guessing top 10 as of this week) and the other was to San Diego State who frankly will be a top 25 FBS if not now by years end; in fact I'd say they have a great chance to beat Michagin next weekend. I might add that they were competative against the Aztecs through at least 3 quarters.

My guess (despite the sky is falling talk from Jackrabbit fans) is that South Dakota Statewill end up with 5-7 wins this year. Cal Poly looked great (sans their pass defense which may haunt them) yesterday. They have a very tough schedule (next week on the road at NIU) but this may be a very good Mustang team.

gasoutherneagle
September 18th, 2011, 02:00 PM
agspoll,

I've left two messages for ursus arctos horribilis and haven't heard back. I've also tried PMing you, but your mailbox is full.
Was and am still interested.

RichH2
September 18th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Finally figured out this confounded tech stuff to put in my vote. Thanks for the lead to the AGS poll button

Squealofthepig
September 18th, 2011, 02:12 PM
A question to you voters....am I crazy to think that Cal Poly might crack the top 30 or so with a 1-2 record?

I think it's possible, yes. You guys received a fair amount of votes last week at 0-2, and with the SDSU win and the Griz holding serve vs. EWU, I can't imagine there being less faith in Cal Poly. Although you were mid 20s in my ballot, I'd note that Liberty, also 1-2, should also be somewhere in the top 30, and I imagine a few people voted for North Dakota (1-2) after their incredibly tight game with FBS Fresno State.

I can guarantee you you'll get lots of votes if you can beat down FBS Northern Illinois next weekend.

cpalum
September 18th, 2011, 02:38 PM
I can guarantee you you'll get lots of votes if you can beat down FBS Northern Illinois next weekend.

Im sure you are right....xpeacex

bojeta
September 18th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I think it's possible, yes. You guys received a fair amount of votes last week at 0-2, and with the SDSU win and the Griz holding serve vs. EWU, I can't imagine there being less faith in Cal Poly. Although you were mid 20s in my ballot, I'd note that Liberty, also 1-2, should also be somewhere in the top 30, and I imagine a few people voted for North Dakota (1-2) after their incredibly tight game with FBS Fresno State.

I currently have them at #26. Yes, if they beat N. Illinois, it would push them to the mid teens in my ranking. Tough, tough to do though.

bojeta
September 18th, 2011, 02:48 PM
My votes are in. This is definitely one of those years where you need to look well past the W/L record and more to direct matchups between teams and personnel. Looking at results of matchups between So. Utah and South Dakota State, then So. Utah and Sac State the following week is just one example among many in these first three weeks that make the polls very difficult.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 18th, 2011, 04:27 PM
agspoll,

I've left two messages for ursus arctos horribilis and haven't heard back. I've also tried PMing you, but your mailbox is full.
Was and am still interested.

You are all good to go eagle. If you pm me on a friday night or a Saturday when the Griz have a home game I will guarantee you that you won't receive a response until late Sunday afternoon at the earliest.:D

jmufan999
September 18th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I have Cal Poly at #24.

crusader11
September 18th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Did Holy Cross crack the top 25 for voters?

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2011, 04:35 PM
15-25 is still near impossible. This is the hardest 3rd week poll I can remember in years. It's hard enough to rank the teams that win, let alone rank how good their wins are.

superman7515
September 18th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I have Cal Poly at #24.

Not to step on any toes, but if we're not supposed to be revealing our ballots until after the polls close, it's probably best not to release single teams either.

"I had Savannah State at #1, did you?"
"Yep."
"I did too."
"I had VMI at #2, what do you think?"

Eventually you just piece everyone's ballot together without them having to post it and it's basically the same thing.

Twentysix
September 18th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Lol. Ill post my conference power according to the top 25 shortly.

No ballot though, that upsets the overlords.

Squealofthepig
September 18th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Not to step on any toes, but if we're not supposed to be revealing our ballots until after the polls close, it's probably best not to release single teams either.

"I had Savannah State at #1, did you?"
"Yep."
"I did too."
"I had VMI at #2, what do you think?"

Eventually you just piece everyone's ballot together without them having to post it and it's basically the same thing.

We're not? Darn, missed that. Though normally I'm not able to get a ballot together until late Sunday/early Monday, so this is a rarity for me.

As PantherRob said, 15-25 is really tough this week (I'd say 15-30, but I rank top 35 to help me focus on those teams that are close but could be overlooked).

Twentysix
September 18th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Lol. Ill post my conference power according to the top 25 shortly.

No ballot though, that upsets the overlords.

Power rankings according to MY top 25. (#) indicated number of teams.

MVFC 84 (5)
CAA 70 (5)
SoCon 69 (4)
BigSky 37 (2)
GWFC 22 (3)
SLC 21 (4)
PL 14 (1)
OVC 8 (1)

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2011, 05:38 PM
(I'd say 15-30, but I rank top 35 to help me focus on those teams that are close but could be overlooked).

I do something similar. I keep my ballots and then grab the teams I didn't vote from the AGS and CS Top 25 and teams receiving votes and go over their resumes.

gasoutherneagle
September 18th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Agspoll, Uranus is Acting Horriblitorum... Thanks, got it. Vote is in. So many losses in the top-25 second half and in the "also receiving," that was a tough one.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 18th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Agspoll, Uranus is Acting Horriblitorum... Thanks, got it. Vote is in. So many losses in the top-25 second half and in the "also receiving," that was a tough one.

You're welcome gasantorumeagle.

gasoutherneagle
September 18th, 2011, 06:28 PM
You're welcome gasantorumeagle.

HEY, You've been to Statesboro before?!?!

Grizzaholic
September 18th, 2011, 06:56 PM
I did the vote thing.

jhanel
September 18th, 2011, 06:57 PM
This was a hard one! Maybe next week will clear up the bottom a bit:

Ursus edit:

Ursus takes J's poll out.

BOOM!

Sorry J but if you don't mind the guys on the Poll committee (I agree with it) would like to try and keep the voters to posting the results of their ballots until after the overall poll comes out just to keep it from influencing voters that have not yet voted.

Hope ya understand.

jhanel
September 18th, 2011, 07:10 PM
whoops my bad!!!!!!!!!

Grizzaholic
September 18th, 2011, 07:11 PM
whoops my bad!!!!!!!!!

You got blow'n up by Ursus...haha

ursus arctos horribilis
September 18th, 2011, 07:45 PM
You got blow'n up by Ursus...haha

He blowed up real good.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_AxikaaVnbMg/R9H5I5DekLI/AAAAAAAAAlk/KLSXzxe6JRo/s400/SCTV-0858.JPG

Squealofthepig
September 18th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Looking ahead to next week, we should have quite a few games that will answer lots of questions for us voters, with lots of top 25 and near-top-25 teams meeting:

Mocs at the Rock
Montana State at Eastern Washington
Old Dominion at Delaware
Montana at Sacramento State
Liberty at Lehigh
YSU at Indiana State
UNH at Richmond
JMU at the Tribe

And - SHSU at New Mexico and NDSU at Minnesota, where for a weekend all of us here can be Bearkats and Bison fans

GoAgs72
September 18th, 2011, 11:33 PM
No 1-2 or 0-3 teams on my ballot.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 18th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Can't wait for the Lehigh-Liberty showdown! This a huge game for both teams!

ASUMountaineer
September 19th, 2011, 09:11 AM
I voted this week, hopefully this gets me out of Ursus' doghouse.

Smitty
September 19th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Still hard to finish out the last bit of the 25...

jmufan999
September 19th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Why are polls being voided in this thread for comments about posting rankings prematurely, but there's a 6 page thread on Indiana State with way more people giving out rankings and no one (to date) has said a word about it...???

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 19th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Got caught up at work and trying to fill out the end put me getting my ballot in too late. Oh well. Really sucks, but I am finding out how much harder it is to do this with family and traveling to games on the weekend!

AGSPoll
September 19th, 2011, 11:25 AM
The last 5 to 10 are always the hardest to fix in a spot but that's where the zest is. Thanks for voting.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Why are polls being voided in this thread for comments about posting rankings prematurely, but there's a 6 page thread on Indiana State with way more people giving out rankings and no one (to date) has said a word about it...???

jmufan, which poll was voided? I took jhanel's down because I was pretty sure he had just forgotten that we had asked people not to post their entire poll until after the voting had ended for everyone. I've had a lot of discussions with jhanel and know him to be a good guy and I think he feels that the same in my direction so I took the liberty of moving it off of here not thinking it was a problem.

WE ASKED for cooperation. We want people to discuss things and toss around ideas but just not post their entire poll so there is integrity and not just a bunch of copying of other voters going on.

I didn't see anyone post their entire poll on the other thread. If you feel strongly about putting one up then feel free because I do not want you to feel like we are silencing you. If we missed something on that thread it was not on purpose.

Sometimes it just looks like some of you want to manufacture a problem so if that's the deal then fell free. Just asking for your help on the matter of not posting the entire poll but if it's too much I certainly understand.

Squealofthepig
September 19th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Also, on the Indiana State thread, we were talking about whether or not Indiana State should be considered. A few of us talked generally about where we had them, but no 1-25 full lists were published (I published my (alphabetical) list of teams in the 15-35 range just to show what a jumbled mess it is).

Oh, and if we're free to manufacture problems, I heard this GREAT story about Ursus...

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Also, on the Indiana State thread, we were talking about whether or not Indiana State should be considered. A few of us talked generally about where we had them, but no 1-25 full lists were published (I published my (alphabetical) list of teams in the 15-35 range just to show what a jumbled mess it is).

Oh, and if we're free to manufacture problems, I heard this GREAT story about Ursus...

There are no other kind of stories except great ones about ursus.