PDA

View Full Version : Dartmouth 37, Colgate 20

Go...gate
September 17th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Colgate really struggling with its defense and special teams. It could be a very long season. :(

ngineer
September 17th, 2011, 11:17 PM
What's wrong with Eachus...missing from the box score.??!!

Go...gate
September 17th, 2011, 11:33 PM
He was a late scratch. Do not know the reason.

TheValleyRaider
September 18th, 2011, 12:09 AM
I knew I wasn't going to see this one, and the result is....depressing

Good news? Well, McCarney seems like a real player. He may earn plenty of honors for the next 2+ years

The defense is more than a problem at this point. They've given up 34, 37 and 37 points so far this year, which was tough to overcome even with an offense that can really put points on the board

Colgate is really struggling this year, and it's not completely clear why. Well, aside from the poor tackling and general lack of success on defense, but where are those problems coming from? Holy Cross does look like a strong team, and maybe Dartmouth is really an Ivy contender, but without jumping off any bridges, it's hard to see where this team is going to find more success without some kind of change. I don't know what that could be, but right now they need something

Ivytalk
September 18th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Dartmouth could be the Ivy dark horse this year. If they beat Penn in a couple weeks, look out!

Green26
September 18th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Dartmouth is going to be good this year, or least pretty good. Schweiger, the all-Ivy running back, had 175 yards in 20 carries. Went over 2,000 yards, only the 2nd Dartmouth back to do that. 240 or so yards away from being the all-time rushing leader for the Big Green. Hopefully, qb play will be better this year. There are a number of good 5th year seniors, who missed a year with injuries.

ColgateTD
September 18th, 2011, 08:23 PM
I used to think this season's schedule was soft; now I can't see any games on the schedule where we're a lock....to win, I mean :(