PDA

View Full Version : Hey CAA fans!!!

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Does JMU have a reputation of late hits and dirty play? Just curious. Seems like I remember that.

Reign of Terrier
September 17th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Those Liberty commentators are full of it. The hits don't seem too dirty to me. And that was a definite clip that they were whining about right before half. stupid homers smh

Twentysix
September 17th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Perhaps but mvfc teams can tell you that uni does. :)

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Those Liberty commentators are full of it. The hits don't seem too dirty to me. And that was a definite clip that they were whining about right before half. stupid homers smh

I'm not listening, so I can't comment on commentators. I didn't think it was a clip. Head was in front of his waist.

JMU seems really chippy and puts their hands on the QB really late from what I've seen. I feel like that has been a complaint bout them in the past.

whitey
September 17th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Delaware fans filed a complaint last year after a hit on Devlin caused a concussion. Today's game they've touched Brown a few times. Not hard and not dirty but a little late, hence the flags. Guys were just finishing the play but you can't do that against the QB. The captains were giving the offenders an earful after the last one so I expect it to stop in the second.

jmufan999
September 17th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Delaware fans filed a complaint last year after a hit on Devlin caused a concussion. Today's game they've touched Brown a few times. Not hard and not dirty but a little late, hence the flags. Guys were just finishing the play but you can't do that against the QB. The captains were giving the offenders an earful after the last one so I expect it to stop in the second.

This.

One may have been a late hit, but several others were terrible calls.

whitey
September 17th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Also, let's not lose sight of the fact that Liberty has just as many if not more personal fouls against them. This was just a hard nosed football game. Nothing more, nothing less.

wmmii
September 17th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Does JMU have a reputation of late hits and dirty play? Just curious. Seems like I remember that.

We have played them every year and have not had an issue. Coach Laycock has called out ODU for dirty play last year in his post game comments several times-hopefully they have cleaned up their act this year.

GannonFan
September 17th, 2011, 11:12 PM
JMU doesn't have a track record of playing dirty. The Devlin hit last year was cheap and a bit pre-meditated, but it's not something that JMU has a history of. I didn't see the Liberty game so I'm not sure what brought this on.

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Nothing that bad. They just looked really chippy when I was watching. Odd for a non-conf game. I remembered discussions involving them in the past, but remembered it was the Devlin hit, which was questionable at best.

wmmii
September 17th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Nothing that bad. They just looked really chippy when I was watching. Odd for a non-conf game. I remembered discussions involving them in the past, but remembered it was the Devlin hit, which was questionable at best.

Teams played tight last year at JMU and their campus are just a couple hours apart so a budding rivarly.

JMUNJ08
September 18th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Teams played tight last year at JMU and their campus are just a couple hours apart so a budding rivarly.

This. However the series will end when they return to the 'Burg. Great OOC matchup but I'm ready for some new faces that don't scare us every single year....

Longhorn
September 18th, 2011, 06:57 AM
I'm not listening, so I can't comment on commentators. I didn't think it was a clip. Head was in front of his waist.

JMU seems really chippy and puts their hands on the QB really late from what I've seen. I feel like that has been a complaint bout them in the past.

You, to borrow a phrase from a not so smart guy who recently served 2 terms as Prez, are "miss-remembering" things. And the TV feed is from Liberty's network, with two of the biggest homers as commentators you'll ever hear.

Those of us who actually watched the game witnessed ramped up LU players playing chippy and talking cheap shots all game long, like the shove/punch to the head by LU's #66 on a JMU player who ran out of bounds on the LU sideline (I believe that was the second unnecessary roughness call on that particular LU player), or a blow to the head of JMU's QB that knocked his helmet off, or a LU player tossing a JMU player's helmet 15 yards down field.

Steve81
September 18th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Moved post to dominoes thread.

Milktruck74
September 18th, 2011, 09:38 AM

By rule, it doesn't matter where the head is...its where the direction the contact comes from.....that said, most of the time the head is a good indicator. However it is possible to have a clip/block in the back with the head in front and vice versa.